PDA

View Full Version : Libertarians Against Clinton, Trump, Johnson and Stein - Facebook Group

K466
09-23-2016, 04:39 PM
For those of us who can't stand any of the 2016 candidates... I have a group (https://www.facebook.com/Against2016Candidates/)for you. You'll love the latest meme I posted:

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14355734_319240308434079_8276515661718876710_n.jpg ?oh=b0c2d7aa60fe687b51da3819f728fd9d&oe=5839D4F1 (https://www.facebook.com/Against2016Candidates)

Lovecraftian4Paul
09-24-2016, 01:50 PM
Who are they for then? Castle or write-in?

Murray N Rothbard
09-24-2016, 06:14 PM
HA....wow. This is how bad it is. Even our 3rd party candidate is a phony.

RonZeplin
09-24-2016, 07:41 PM
https://scontent.fsnc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14448890_318735418484568_6826572636817233336_n.jpg ?oh=be604f847f3932ac21b837e61599fa4d&oe=5838AC3B

nikcers
09-24-2016, 07:52 PM
You guys sound just like the anti Ron Paul groups the establishment made during the last election like reddit enoughpaulspam- in 2011. You aren't building a coalition you are burning bridges. You aren't advancing your ideas, you don't even debate any issues. You are pushing people off the fence, like me. I know my vote doesn't count but I will vote my conscience and blame you people when our liberties are gone.

RonZeplin
09-24-2016, 08:09 PM
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YOmW1Y-XDvo/Vx4_n6O3BeI/AAAAAAAAAXg/BcXLEKesCcQp0p6KhkCXOqTwic6yRET2QCLcB/s1600/castle-2016-header.png

John F Kennedy III
09-24-2016, 08:46 PM
You guys sound just like the anti Ron Paul groups the establishment made during the last election like reddit enoughpaulspam- in 2011. You aren't building a coalition you are burning bridges. You aren't advancing your ideas, you don't even debate any issues. You are pushing people off the fence, like me. I know my vote doesn't count but I will vote my conscience and blame you people when our liberties are gone.

None of those 4 candidates are libertarian. Take your bullshit elsewhere.

Origanalist
09-24-2016, 09:22 PM

Was this satire?

bunklocoempire
09-24-2016, 10:07 PM

There's your problem. Your conscience is obviously pointing out.

People easily fall on the wrong side of the fence when their conscience is pointing out.

nikcers
09-25-2016, 12:47 AM
This is what the creator of that group wrote.

I do not see a significant difference between Trump and Clinton when it comes to war. They may bomb different places for different reasons but they are both bombardiers.

Johnson is a two-man (Weld) libertarian distortion machine. Stein is a Marxist.

The only edge for libertarians is to attack all these people.

I, for sure, am not going to get blood on my hands by supporting either Clinton or Trump.

Was this satire?

I disagree that Gary Johnson is a false choice. I tend to think that he is trying to take a "pragmatic" approach to create a bipartisan coalition. To me this looks fishy- if you don't like Gary Johnson, you can ignore him, but they are not ignoring him..

The principal “super PAC (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/subjects/c/campaign_finance/index.html?inline=nyt-classifier)” supporting Mrs. Clinton’s candidacy, Priorities USA Action, has concluded from its polling and other research that the reluctance to embrace the Democratic nominee among those who intensely dislike Mr. Trump is not going away and must be confronted.
“We’ll be launching a multimillion-dollar digital campaign that talks about what’s at stake and how a vote for a third-party candidate is a vote for Donald Trump, who is against everything these voters stand for,” said Justin Barasky, a strategist for Priorities USA.

Jesse James
09-25-2016, 07:21 AM
VOTE DARRELL CASTLE!

I would join but I deleted my facebook. I would recommend others to do the same. this is the only liberty site I need :)

RJ Liberty
09-25-2016, 08:57 AM
I disagree that Gary Johnson is a false choice. I tend to think that he is trying to take a "pragmatic" approach to create a bipartisan coalition. To me this looks fishy- if you don't like Gary Johnson, you can ignore him, but they are not ignoring him..

I agree; Gary Johnson is a much better choice than Trump for any liberty-minded citizen. And the fact that Clinton superPACs are now gunning for Johnson should tell everyone the Clintonistas consider him a threat.

satchelmcqueen
09-25-2016, 12:14 PM

absolutely! this kind of thinking you have noticed as well here, is doing NOTHING for getting a third party in the main debates. that at the very least should be our goal at this moment. i do not understand those who refuse to vote johnson this time around. he sucks a little bit yes, but what other candidate is on all the state ballots. its enough to seriously make me consider being DONE after election day. we have came so far since 2007 and people are letting shit that doesnt matter stop their vote.

there will NEVER be another ron paul so people need to realize that. hell, it blew my mind wen some here refused to support rand. how much will it take?

eleganz
09-26-2016, 04:01 AM
limiting progress 2016.

RJ Liberty
09-26-2016, 04:50 AM
absolutely! this kind of thinking you have noticed as well here, is doing NOTHING for getting a third party in the main debates. that at the very least should be our goal at this moment. i do not understand those who refuse to vote johnson this time around. he sucks a little bit yes, but what other candidate is on all the state ballots. its enough to seriously make me consider being DONE after election day. we have came so far since 2007 and people are letting $#@! that doesnt matter stop their vote.

there will NEVER be another ron paul so people need to realize that. hell, it blew my mind wen some here refused to support rand. how much will it take?

I don't think Johnson sucks on most issues, but I otherwise agree with what you've said. Some people here were campaigning hard for John McAfee, a man wanted for questioning regarding a murder in Belize. As if the LP needed to seem anymore fringe than it already is.

Jesse James
09-26-2016, 06:45 AM
there's a Gary Johnson wing of the Libertarian movement and there's a Ron Paul wing of the movement. The Gary Johnson wing refused to help Rand and many said they wouldn't support him for president so I am now returning the favor. it does go beyond that, but it's an easy way to justify it. I honestly think if Gary Johnson had picked a principled libertarian as his VP instead of Mitt Romney I could stomach voting for him and ignore the other stuff that makes him shitty, but unless Bill Weld really does drop out and votes for Hillary and somehow Gary Johnson picks the opposite of what he picked before, I will be voting for Darrell Castle on election day. if he wasn't running, I would write in Rand Paul.

RJ Liberty
09-26-2016, 07:21 AM
there's a Gary Johnson wing of the Libertarian movement and there's a Ron Paul wing of the movement. The Gary Johnson wing refused to help Rand and many said they wouldn't support him for president so I am now returning the favor.

Some of us feel a bit like Rand sold his soul, supporting Trump. I understand that Rand felt like he had to, in order to stay in good graces with the GOP, but Ron never did this.

I honestly think if Gary Johnson had picked a principled libertarian as his VP instead of Mitt Romney

Hold on. Mitt Romney doesn't support medical marijuana (http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Romney/Marijuana.php). Weld does, and has for many years. That is just one of several issues where they differ. Besides, in any scenario where Johnson wins a few states, the Senate chooses the VP from the top two candidates, meaning Weld couldn't possibly be elected even if Johnson did become president.

I could stomach voting for him and ignore the other stuff that makes him $#@!ty, but unless Bill Weld really does drop out and votes for Hillary and somehow Gary Johnson picks the opposite of what he picked before, I will be voting for Darrell Castle on election day. if he wasn't running, I would write in Rand Paul.

Well, I can't fault you for voting for Castle. He's definitely one of the better choices.

Jesse James
09-26-2016, 07:42 AM
Ron Paul supported Lamar Smith, a literal neo-con. A neo-con is worse than a Trump. So you are definitely wrong about that.

And medical marijuana doesn't cut it, Weld has defended Clinton time after time

RJ Liberty
09-26-2016, 07:48 AM
Ron Paul supported Lamar Smith, a literal neo-con.

Yeah, I don't know what Ron was thinking.

A neo-con is worse than a Trump. So you are definitely wrong about that.

I don't see any difference between a neo-con and a Trump. Both support endless overseas wars.

And medical marijuana doesn't cut it, Weld has defended Clinton time after time

As I said, Weld won't be VP even if Johnson wins several states.

Jesse James
09-26-2016, 07:52 AM
his name will still be on the ballot, which is enough for me. I've gone back and forth between the three choices and ultimately Castle is where I'm at.

CaptUSA
09-26-2016, 09:57 AM
When comparing candidates, I find it's best to compare them to where we are now and ask a simple question: Will this candidate support a smaller or larger government?

In the case of Clinton, Trump, and Stein, the answer is obviously larger. Johnson, while a literal mess on so many issues, does support a relatively smaller government.

So, while I may or may not vote for him, I do wish him well and hope he gains some traction. A third party choice is badly needed - even if it is milquetoast as this one.

As for the division of the liberty movement - this is the same thing I've seen my entire life except for a brief period where Ron Paul captured people's imagination. He had a way of "uniting the clans" so to speak. But for the most part, unfortunately, most of these people did not fully recognize his message. Liberty should unite people - not divide them.

undergroundrr
09-26-2016, 10:44 AM
The circular firing squad continues its sterling work.

Libertarianism - noble ideals, self-immolating adherents.

09-26-2016, 08:49 PM
there's a Gary Johnson wing of the Libertarian movement and there's a Ron Paul wing of the movement. The Gary Johnson wing refused to help Rand and many said they wouldn't support him for president so I am now returning the favor. it does go beyond that, but it's an easy way to justify it. I honestly think if Gary Johnson had picked a principled libertarian as his VP instead of Mitt Romney I could stomach voting for him and ignore the other stuff that makes him $#@!ty, but unless Bill Weld really does drop out and votes for Hillary and somehow Gary Johnson picks the opposite of what he picked before, I will be voting for Darrell Castle on election day. if he wasn't running, I would write in Rand Paul.

I voted for Rand in the GOP primary and now will be voting for Johnson in the general. I think both would be just fine as potus and both are good people. What wing does that put me in?