PDA

View Full Version : This Rapper Has A Solution To Police Shootings And Gun Violence

Brian4Liberty
09-21-2016, 06:15 PM
This Rapper Has A Solution To Police Shootings And Gun Violence (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/21-savage-police-guns_us_57a10f43e4b0693164c31f71)
“If no Americans had no guns, there wouldn’t be no police killing people."

By Julia Craven Reporter, The Huffington Post - 08/02/2016

21 Savage has an idea about how to solve America’s gun violence and police brutality issues: Get rid of guns.

“It’s one simple thing that would get rid of all the problems in the world,” the 21-year-old rapper said in a July interview with FADER. “If no Americans had no guns, there wouldn’t be no police killing people. That’s the easiest and simplest way to solve it. To take everybody’s guns, not just the civilians. Take the police’s guns too.”

Police have killed 633 people in the U.S. this year and 156 of them were black, according to a tracker from The Guardian.

Many politicians and gun owners have voiced similar sentiments, calling for a ban on assault rifles and for common-sense gun laws such as universal background checks before gun purchases. As far as disarming police goes, other countries have had success with gun-free police forces: Officers in England and Wales are not armed, and from March 2012 until March 2014, they didn’t kill any civilians. Norway armed its officers for a year and is now working to disarm them. Granted, gun restrictions for civilians are significantly tighter in those countries, which don’t have the right to bear arms written into their constitutions. And as Noah Berlatsky writes for Quartz, there are millions of guns, both legal and illegal, on the streets stateside, which makes it harder to advocate for a disarmed police force.
More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/21-savage-police-guns_us_57a10f43e4b0693164c31f71

navy-vet
09-21-2016, 06:25 PM
lol

John F Kennedy III
09-21-2016, 06:38 PM
He should change his name to Sly Hitler.

CCTelander
09-21-2016, 06:43 PM
Hmmmm? "If no Americans had no guns..." Since that's a double negative, doesn't that mean that ALL Americans would have guns? Sounds like a great idea to me! also, "Take the police guns," sounds pretty good too. And their kevlar body armor. They'd be a hell of a lot more polite and cognizant of people's rights, I'd think.

Danke
09-21-2016, 06:45 PM
Our next Noble peace prize winner.

CCTelander
09-21-2016, 06:48 PM
Our next Noble peace prize winner.

Immediately after he wins the Nobel in literature.

Dary
09-21-2016, 06:56 PM
“If no Americans had no guns, there wouldn’t be no police killing people."

Four negations here. No, no, wouldn't and no.

So I'm lost. Is he saying that if all Americans have guns then the police would kill them?

Cuz not all Americans have guns now and police are killing them, so......

Wow. Now I'm really confused.:confused:

edit: No. Wait. I think he is saying that if all Americans had guns, then the police wouldn't be killing people. ???

editII: Nope. I don't think that's right either.

Origanalist
09-21-2016, 07:03 PM
Maybe this will help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0j2dVuhr6s

osan
09-21-2016, 07:07 PM
He should change his name to Sly Hitler.

You fail spelling today. Please write on the board 500 times "Ignorant StoogePunk Of Simplistic GhettoMind"

Youngin's... sheesh.

Brian4Liberty
09-21-2016, 07:38 PM
On a more serious note, don't doubt for a second that the progressives have the same thing in mind, with one small compromise, of course:

which makes it harder to advocate for a disarmed police force.

Nope, can't go along with disarming the police or private security. Mundanes and the gun clingers? Strip 'em bare!

juleswin
09-21-2016, 07:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMIaChrFoIc

Listen to the man speak in his own words. Please ignore the ash on his forehead, the video was made the afternoon of ash Wednesday :)

fisharmor
09-21-2016, 08:59 PM
KRS One has been rapping since 21 Savage was a bloodshot twinkle of an eye, and he's stated in interviews that you should never let them take your guns.

dannno
09-21-2016, 10:10 PM
To take everybody’s guns, not just the civilians. Take the police’s guns too.”

I don't think he has thought this through.. If the police don't have guns, then who takes the guns?

juleswin
09-21-2016, 10:26 PM
I don't think he has thought this through.. If the police don't have guns, then who takes the guns?

I posted the interview where they got the quote from and what came after that sentence they quoted is "except the army which protects the whole country". This is not rocket science, the police can take the civilian's guns and police can turn their guns over to the army which is implied in the way he stated it. The problem with the plan is that first of all, the second amendment is in the way and secondly, it would not work.

Danke
09-21-2016, 10:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMIaChrFoIc

Listen to the man speak in his own words. Please ignore the ash on his forehead, the video was made the afternoon of ash Wednesday :)

Get rid of police. A LOCALLY elected sheriff and deputies, more appointed in times of emergencies as needed. They should represent their community. And be accountable for their actions by being in effect elected officials.

juleswin
09-21-2016, 10:47 PM
Get rid of police. A LOCALLY elected sheriff and deputies, more appointed in times of emergencies as needed. They should represent their community. And be accountable for their actions by being in effect elected officials.

Not get rid of the police, get rid of their guns.

Brian4Liberty
09-21-2016, 11:04 PM
If we could get rid of all guns, next we'd have to get rid of of bows and arrows. And then swords. And knives. Then rocks and sticks. No fists allowed either. Wraslin', that's it. May the best wraslers win.

DamianTV
09-22-2016, 08:36 AM
Whats next, a Disarmed Military?

... and Hegalian Dialectic. THIS is the conclusion sheeple are supposed to come to.

Once the population has been disarmed and fully pacified, they will feel the noose of tyranny tighten around their throats and pay with their lives. Remember that the only lives that really matter to the status quo is their own, everyone else is disposable. Then you will see murder of the populus on a scale not seen since the likes of Hitler and Stalin. And they are going to go after all who oppose their dominance. During the 20th century, governments killed SIX TIMES as many people as were killed during wars. This does not bode well, for us.

Someone want to start #StatusQuoLivesMatter?

CaptUSA
09-22-2016, 09:09 AM
I'm glad we don't elect rappers to be policy-makers. (Of course, until we elect President Kanye)

CCTelander
09-22-2016, 10:04 AM
I'm glad we don't elect rappers to be policy-makers. (Of course, until we elect President Kanye)

Give it time. We've had an actor, a clown,and now, possibly a reality TV star. Can a rapper be far behind?

Brian4Liberty
09-27-2016, 05:44 PM
On a more serious note, don't doubt for a second that the progressives have the same thing in mind, with one small compromise, of course:

Nope, can't go along with disarming the police or private security. Mundanes and the gun clingers? Strip 'em bare!

These riots serve the gun control agenda. Case in point, Hillary Clinton at last night's debate:

But we also have to recognize, in addition to the challenges that we face with policing, there are so many good, brave police officers who equally want reform. So we have to bring communities together in order to begin working on that as a mutual goal. And we've got to get guns out of the hands of people who should not have them.

The gun epidemic is the leading cause of death of young African- American men, more than the next nine causes put together. So we have to do two things, as I said. We have to restore trust. We have to work with the police. We have to make sure they respect the communities and the communities respect them. And we have to tackle the plague of gun violence, which is a big contributor to a lot of the problems that we're seeing today.

Anti Federalist
09-27-2016, 06:09 PM
Last rap video I saw had everybody waving guns around and every other word was ni gger.

The Northbreather
09-28-2016, 11:58 AM
Guns will never be gone, they're now 3D printable.