PDA

View Full Version : Rom Paul Institute Update on Syria:

AZJoe
09-21-2016, 06:24 AM
Ron Paul Institute Update on Syria:

Are You Worried? I Am. ... the rapidly worsening situation in Syria … this past week has seen a gradual increase in tensions between nuclear-armed US and nuclear-armed Russia …

First there was the ceasefire agreement between the US and Russia for Syria. At the request of Washington, the text of the agreement was kept secret. So the rest of us are not allowed to know what's in it -- it also means we won't know if one side or the other has violated it or is not living up to commitments made in it. Being secret, it cannot be presented to the UN Security Council as a resolution. …

the US has been promising to separate the "moderate" rebels it supports … from the al-Qaeda … So far the US has made no apparent move to force its proxies in Syria to stop acting as al-Qaeda adjuncts. … US-armed and trained rebels are integrated into al-Qaeda units in Syria and Washington yawns. Yet no one in the mainstream media dares call out the Obama Administration …

The ceasefire agreement became all but dead over the weekend, when US warplanes bombed a Syrian military base … The base had been surrounded by ISIS for two years, with both sides at a relative impasse. Immediately after the US bombing, ISIS forces took a strategic hilltop and effectively shut down the airport that provides a lifeline for Syrians living under the siege. Washington claims it was a mistake … Washington has never intervened in a battle in Syria to the advantage of Syrian government forces. Second, ISIS does not build bases that would in any way resemble what was attacked by US jets. Third, … Russia had to call Washington twice … that it was bombing Syrian government forces. Was Washington trying to cleanse eastern Syria of Syrian government troops …to pursue … "Plan B" - the partition of Syria?

the Russian government … demanded an explanation in an emergency UN Security Council meeting. US Ambassador to the UN Samantha Power wrote off the Russian request as a "stunt” … This is the horrible stuff that catastrophic clashes are made of. US interventionism overseas never leads to a positive result … US policy in Syria has failed. …

the US media sees its role as one of propping up the official government line rather than questioning it. Not one major news outlet questioned US claims … We are being lied to again. And this time it is all the more dangerous!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlkeYkDifuM

John F Kennedy III
09-21-2016, 06:48 AM
Rom?

wizardwatson
09-21-2016, 07:22 AM
Rom?

Rom Paul:

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/UfDpzO9TvbPztUbb41neLw--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9NjMwO2g9NDEzO2lsPX BsYW5l/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/theticket/ryan-romney-norfolk.jpg

wizardwatson
09-21-2016, 07:28 AM
Since I spammed your thread I feel I should reply on topic.

What I noticed about Obama's UN remarks on Syria is that "There is no victory in Syria."

Well, to each side what is victory? To Washington it's "Assad must go." To Russia it's a terrorist free Syria.

So if neither side will get what they want what is going to happen? Probably split Syria.

It is more dangerous now though, because I feel we're simply assuming Russia/China/Iran will just go along with this and tolerate sectarian war in this area in perpetuity. We're fine with it of course because it's an easy hands off war for us.