PDA

View Full Version : Cow farts can now be regulated in California

tod evans
09-20-2016, 06:37 PM
Cow farts can now be regulated in California

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2016/09/20/cow-farts-can-now-be-regulated-in-california.html

California Gov. Jerry Brown kept up his assault on climate change Monday, pushing through a law meant to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions from dairy farms and landfills.

"You know, when Noah wanted to build his ark, most of the people laughed at him?" Brown said, per the Sacramento Bee, adding that that ark saved Earth's species.

"We've got to build our ark, too, by stopping ... dangerous pollutants." Brown's approval of Senate Bill 1383 goes after short-lived climate pollutants, which include methane, black carbon, and HFC gases, per the AP.

Although these gases don't linger in the atmosphere, they still make people sick and hasten global warming due to their heat-trapping ability, per Reuters. "We're protecting people's lungs and their health," Brown said, per Courthouse News.

One of the main methane culprits: manure. Per the bill, dairy farmers have to cut methane emissions to 40 percent below 2013 levels by 2030. Under a cap-and-trade plan, farmers will receive aid from the $50 million or so raised via polluter fees, which they can then put toward machinery that uses methane to create energy they can in turn sell to electric companies.

The state's Air Resources Board can also now regulate bovine flatulence, as long as there are practical ways to reduce the cows' belching and breaking wind.

Under the bill, emissions from HFCs also must be reduced by 40 percent from 2013 levels by 2030, while black carbon emissions will have to get to 50 percent below those levels by the same year.

Composting also has to go up by 50 percent within four years to curb methane from organic waste. The state's head of the National Federation of Independent Business rails against the "arbitrary" limits and says they're a "direct assault on California's dairy industry," per the AP.

CCTelander
09-20-2016, 06:44 PM
Only in the land of flakes and nuts. SMDH

Suzanimal
09-20-2016, 06:44 PM
I can see this happening in CA....

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/17/article-0-1D29733200000578-945_634x421.jpg
Trapped wind? Flatulent cows have come under renewed scrutiny by scientists who are hoping to reduce soaring levels of greenhouse gas pollution. Scientists in Argentina believe they have come up with a solution - cow backpacks that can be used to trap the animal's natural gas

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2606956/Now-THATS-wind-power-Cows-wear-BACKPACKS-capture-emissions-miniature-power-stations.html

farreri
09-20-2016, 06:49 PM
Scientists in Argentina believe they have come up with a solution
I know of a better solution. ;)

tod evans
09-20-2016, 07:12 PM

?????????????

http://im.rediff.com/news/2015/apr/10cow.jpg

Brian4Liberty
09-20-2016, 07:18 PM

And that's the hidden plan of a lot of people in California (vegetarians). The end game will be to eliminate the beef industry. Maybe, just maybe keep a few dairy cows, unless the vegans get their way.

Anti Federalist
09-20-2016, 08:29 PM
This is the future:

A heavily regulated, total surveillance grid designed to manage everything you do, literally every breath you take, (because what are you exhaling, but a toxic pollutant, right ?) fed a diet of emasculating soy glop, spewed out by replicators, living a meaningless, useless, hopeless life, without sex, without children, without danger, without work, without thrills.

A future where you, a human being, are worthless, having had everything we could ever do replaced by machines and artificial intelligence.

A future of fail.

All cheered on by the Malthusian masses that hate humanity, except for themselves of course.

And where liberty is a dim and dead concept of an outdated and dangerous past, much too risky and reactionary to ever be considered as a society's founding principle.

Fuck...

CCTelander
09-20-2016, 08:36 PM
This is the future:

A heavily regulated, total surveillance grid designed to manage everything you do, literally every breath you take, (because what are you exhaling, but a toxic pollutant, right ?) fed a diet of emasculating soy glop, spewed out by replicators, living a meaningless, useless, hopeless life, without sex, without children, without danger, without work, without thrills.

A future where you, a human being, are worthless, having had everything we could ever do replaced by machines and artificial intelligence.

A future of fail.

All cheered on by the Malthusian masses that hate humanity, except for themselves of course.

And where liberty is a dim and dead concept of an outdated and dangerous past, much too risky and reactionary to ever be considered as a society's founding principle.

Fuck...

Damn, bro, you're cheerful tonight! But look on the bright side. this fucker will probably burn to the ground LONG before theye ever get all that in place. Happy, happy, joy, joy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVM1nUmDHHc

farreri
09-20-2016, 08:42 PM
And that's the hidden plan of a lot of people in California (vegetarians). The end game will be to eliminate the beef industry. Maybe, just maybe keep a few dairy cows, unless the vegans get their way.
Well the livestock industry uses up the most water in California, creates a lot of runoff pollution and methane pollution, and is causing an ever increasing burden on the State's health care system, so not surprised they want to legislate it out of existence.

oyarde
09-20-2016, 08:49 PM
Well the livestock industry uses up the most water in California, creates a lot of runoff pollution and methane pollution, and is causing an ever increasing burden on the State's health care system, so not surprised they want to legislate it out of existence.

I think golf courses , cities and avocado farmers use all the water . It is California though , who cares , place is supposed to be a low population density desert . Rancho Le Brea ( tar pits ) is in LA as an example , LOL

farreri
09-20-2016, 08:58 PM
I think golf courses , cities and avocado farmers use all the water .

One chart sums up the real problem in the California drought — and it isn't almonds
From raising the cows to washing and processing the meat, burgers and steaks require far more water per ounce than a handful of nuts do.
http://www.businessinsider.com/real-villain-in-the-california-drought-isnt-almonds--its-red-meat-2015-4

It is California though , who cares , place is supposed to be a low population density desert . Rancho Le Brea ( tar pits ) is in LA as an example , LOL
No disagreements from me there!

Anti Federalist
09-20-2016, 09:05 PM
Meh, never mind...I'll let the resident Malthusian rant on.

oyarde
09-20-2016, 09:10 PM
Meh, never mind...I'll let the resident Malthusian rant on.

So , half for agriculture and urban people and the other half left in the environment . About what I suspected.

Anti Federalist
09-20-2016, 09:32 PM
So , half for agriculture and urban people and the other half left in the environment . About what I suspected.

Agricultural[edit]

In an average year, about 39% of California's water consumption, or 34.1 million acre-feet, is used for agricultural purposes. Of that total, 10.8%, or 8.9 million acre-feet is not consumed by the farms for crop production but is instead recycled and reused by other water users, including environmental use, urban use, and agricultural use, yielding net water consumption for food and fiber production equal to 28.2% of California's water consumption, or 25.2 million acre-feet.[21] This water irrigates almost 29 million acres (120,000 km2), which grows 350 different crops. Agricultural water usage varies depending on the amount of rainfall each year.

Alfalfa uses about 18% of California irrigation water and produces 4% of California's farm-gate revenue, most of which is used as livestock feed.[22] In 2015, California exported one-fourth of its total alfalfa production of roughly 2 million tons. About one-third of that, around 700,000 tons, went to China, Japan took about the same amount and Saudi Arabia bought 5,000 tons. Alfalfa farmers pay about $70 an acre-foot, in Los Angeles that same amount of water is worth $1000 per acre-foot.[23] In 2012, California exported 575,000 tons of alfalfa to China, for $586 million.[22] Other common crop water use, if using all irrigated water: fruits and nuts with 34% of water use and 45% of revenue, field crops with 14% of water and 4% of revenue, pasture forage with 11% of water use and 1% of revenue, rice with 8% of water use and 2% of revenue (despite its lack of water, California grows nearly 5 billion pounds of rice per year, and is the second largest rice-growing state[24][25]), and truck farming of vegetables and nursery crops with 4% of water use and 42% of revenue; head of broccoli: 5.4 gallons; one walnut: 4.9 gallons; head of lettuce: 3.5 gallons; one tomato: 3.3 gallons; one almond 1.1 gallon; one pistachio: 0.75 gallon; one strawberry 0.4 gallon; one grape: 0.3 gallon.[26][27]

Horses, based on the amount of alfalfa they eat, use about 1.9 million acre feet of water—about 7% of irrigated water in the state. There are 698,000 horses in California.[28]

Cheap agricultural water paired with a mild climate has allowed farmers to produce widely in California. Jane Dye Gussow discusses California's agricultural water in her book This Organic Life. She argues the farms that use precious water in California produces food in an area that "was never intended to be a garden."[29] The Central Valley, or the breadbasket of California where the majority of this agricultural water is used, is the most threatened agricultural land in the nation. The current water crisis raises the question, should California's water be used on agriculture if certain crops can be grown elsewhere?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_in_California

Anti Federalist
09-20-2016, 09:35 PM
I know we all like to chuckle, "hah hah, look at those California idiots, regulating cow farts".

I cannot stress how important this is: this is endgame.

If the control freaks and Malthusians get their way, nothing, absolutely nothing, will be outside their mandate of command and control.

Life will become an over-regulated hell on earth.

bubbleboy
09-20-2016, 09:39 PM
I farted

Anti Federalist
09-20-2016, 09:41 PM
I know we all like to chuckle, "hah hah, look at those California idiots, regulating cow farts".

If the control freaks and Malthusians get their way, nothing, absolutely nothing, will be outside their mandate of command and control.

Ender
09-20-2016, 09:42 PM
Most of the pollution in California has nothing to do with the cattle/dairy industry.

pcosmar
09-20-2016, 09:49 PM
Cow Farts are real.

I know.

Global warming however is a bunch of cow manure, and you have to let that compost a while before it's good for anything.

ChristianAnarchist
09-20-2016, 09:50 PM

What do you mean "will be"? Most everything is already regulated. I can't think of many things you can do that the goonerment doesn't have some say in how you do it. Control is here and I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon...

Anti Federalist
09-20-2016, 09:53 PM

Anti Federalist
09-20-2016, 09:55 PM
What do you mean "will be"? Most everything is already regulated. I can't think of many things you can do that the goonerment doesn't have some say in how you do it. Control is here and I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon...

Oh, this, this minor tyranny?

This is nothing compared to what these assholes have in store for us.

pcosmar
09-20-2016, 09:59 PM

I expect so.

I have resigned myself to it. Accepted it as a reality..

I am hoping to adapt and survive.

alucard13mm
09-20-2016, 10:49 PM
From what I learned, methane is thousands of times more potent than CO2 in being a "green house gas". The most potent, which is thousands of times more potent than methane is WATER VAPOR.

But methane is a natural process just like CO2. Methane is produced by a large variety of sources, but a major one would be decomposition of organisms and plant matter. THere are geological sources as well (places like pluto and the jupiter moon of titan have methane).

lol.. next thing we know, they will regulate water vapor rofl.

ChristianAnarchist
09-21-2016, 06:31 AM
Oh, this, this minor tyranny?

This is nothing compared to what these $#@!s have in store for us.

Yes, it's only going to get worse. I can't believe how far we've let it go already. I think even TPTB are amazed at how sheepish we've become...

Anti Federalist
09-22-2016, 08:16 AM
Yes, it's only going to get worse. I can't believe how far we've let it go already. I think even TPTB are amazed at how sheepish we've become...

"Haha can you believe it? Not only are they just accepting it, they are paying for it willingly and begging for more!"

donnay
09-22-2016, 08:37 AM
I expect so.

I have resigned myself to it. Accepted it as a reality..

I am hoping to adapt and survive.

Have faith. ;) God will never leave you, nor forsake you.

2 Timothy 1:7 - KJV
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Matthew 28:20 - KJV
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

buck000
09-22-2016, 08:57 AM
I'm envisioning a SWAT team descending upon a cow pasture....

"Stop your emissions, NOW!"

"Moooo."

"Blam blam blam."

thud

It was a clean shoot, the subjects did not comply.