PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Chong Seeks Obama's Pardon for Drug Paraphernalia Conviction

jct74
09-19-2016, 01:31 AM
Tommy Chong Seeks Obama's Pardon for Drug Paraphernalia Conviction

by Ryan Parker
9/14/2016

Tommy Chong spent nine months in prison back in 2003 for selling bongs across state lines, and now he is turning to President Barack Obama for help in order to expunge the felony.

The movie star and marijuana advocate told The Hollywood Reporter he is not bitter about the arrest, but he does believe now that times have changed with the growing legalization of pot, he should be let off the hook.

Chong has started a petition to the White House requesting a pardon before Obama leaves office. If the petition reaches 100,000 signatures, the White House must issue an official response. At the moment, it has more than 12,000.

"I think it has a very good chance because Obama has admitted to smoking pot," Chong tells THR. It also helps that Obama has issued 562 commutations during his presidency, hundreds of which have been for low-level drug offenses.

Chong says his case could not be more low-level.

read more:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/tommy-chong-seeks-obamas-pardon-928962

dannno
09-19-2016, 02:14 AM
Hah, that would be the first thing I would do, as President, seconds before pardoning everybody else.

John F Kennedy III
09-19-2016, 02:27 AM
Hah, that would be the first thing I would do, as President, seconds before pardoning everybody else.

3rd would be to pardon Ricky, Julian and Bubbles.

Suzanimal
09-19-2016, 04:27 AM
I watched a really interesting documentary on that ordeal a few years ago. Crazy story...:mad:

Found it on youtube but I watched it on Netfilx. It may still be on there if you'd rather watch on your tv.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIzcWLBs6d4

pcosmar
09-19-2016, 08:59 AM
I picked up some Tommy Chong Cherry Pie a couple months back.

oddly enough,, I am having Cherry Pie as we speak. Got some in The Dalles yesterday.

Chester Copperpot
09-19-2016, 09:05 AM
I used to have Tommy Chongs phone number and used to call him from time to time just to say hello with a group of friends... he was always good-natured about it and he sounded just like his movie self in real life... we never abused the phone number... called him on average about once a year... after 5 or 6 years or so he either moved or changed his number...