PDA

View Full Version : How Ron might kick ass in Iowa

InRonWeTrust
12-08-2007, 10:32 PM
Now that Preacher Huckabee is taking Mitt to the woodshed in Iowa, rumor around town is that Mitt is planning to launch a string of negative attack ads on the Huckster. And there is plenty to hit Huckabee on.

So, imagine this scenario: Romney attacks Huck, Huck plummets in the polls, but Romney also suffers backlash for going negative. Ron steps in for the win in Iowa!

Rudy and McCain are both far behind Ron at this point, so if Huck and Mitt blow each other up, Ron takes the cake. ;)

Let's pray Big Bucks Mitt goes negative in Iowa!!

jblosser
12-08-2007, 10:35 PM
And donate to the operation NH ads for Iowa so we have our own positive ads filling the vacuum:

http://www.operationnh.com/

austin356
12-08-2007, 10:57 PM
Pray for a death match between the Huckster and Romney.... let them both beat each other to death. Both lose 5-10% in the polls. Voters become disenfranchised and very negative as result of the negative campaigning. Romney's support is 1" deep. Huckabee's campaign does not have the monetary resources to run a proper Iowa style get out the vote campaign (unless they go all in and have nothing for NH). Blizzard strikes on the 3rd. Turnout is extremely low at 60,000. Ron Paul sweeps in under the cover of darkness and shakes up the political scene and rockets 10-15% overnight going into NH.

cero
12-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Pray for a death match between the Huckster and Romney.... let them both beat each other to death. Both lose 5-10% in the polls. Voters become disenfranchised and very negative as result of the negative campaigning. Romney's support is 1" deep. Huckabee's campaign does not have the monetary resources to run a proper Iowa style get out the vote campaign (unless they go all in and have nothing for NH). Blizzard strikes on the 3rd. Turnout is extremely low at 60,000. Ron Paul sweeps in under the cover of darkness and shakes up the political scene and rockets 10-15% overnight going into NH.

I wet my self just thinking about it :D

PatriotOne
12-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Aw yes...the perfect storm.

AlexMerced
12-08-2007, 11:15 PM
I honestly think we'll win Iowa either way, and it'll be the biggest upset ever

InRonWeTrust
12-08-2007, 11:15 PM
I hope Ron's campaign team has a few million set aside to run positive Ron ads in Iowa if Mitt and Minister Huckabee start tearing each other down.

goRPaul
12-08-2007, 11:17 PM
The nice thing about our campaign is, there's no need to go negative. At all. And neither should we. Even if we face Hillary in the general election, under no circumstance should we go negative. A positive attitude will win this election.

dsentell
12-08-2007, 11:18 PM
I hope Ron's campaign team has a few million set aside to run positive Ron ads in Iowa if Mitt and Minister Huckabee start tearing each other down.

If not, it will shortly . . . :D

vegetarianrpfan
12-08-2007, 11:22 PM
Is there any way that Huck and the Romster going at it in a death match could cause Rudy, McCain, or Thompson's numbers to go up rather than Dr. Paul's? Why would the (presumably) pro-war people who are Huckabee and Romney supporters see the light and go for the good doctor over those other shysters?

---------------------------
Libertarian Girl
http://www.libertariangirl.com

jblosser
12-08-2007, 11:24 PM

We should know by now that we can't count on it.

Operation NH is doing this and doesn't need that much money compared to some other efforts. Help them out:

http://operationnh.com/

kill the banks
12-08-2007, 11:26 PM
huck is a joke ... MSM and the real fringe have demonstrated a last ditch switch ... you could see it coming ... huck will self destruct and i agree negative ads will flow ... keep building our base and name recognition ... next a new candidate ... ?

kill the banks

AlexMerced
12-08-2007, 11:29 PM
ads are already running in Iowa last I checked

jacmicwag
12-08-2007, 11:33 PM
I'll be happy with Top 3 which is becoming more doable with every letter written, every call made and every door knocked.

jblosser
12-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Yes, but they have more to film and more time to buy, in particular ones that promote Ron's strengths in areas where Huck and Mitt are weak (not negative ads, just targetted postive ads).

AlexMerced
12-08-2007, 11:36 PM
I still have confidence in campaign, I'm sure there a big ad campaign rolling out at the end of the month, all signs would point to such

jb4ronpaul
12-09-2007, 12:05 AM
And donate to the operation NH ads for Iowa so we have our own positive ads filling the vacuum:

http://www.operationnh.com/

Everyone in iowa and nh needs to see these ads. This should be a top priority project. With everyone else mud slinging and ron paul having these inspiring idea filled ads, we could not lose. Again this should be a top grassroots funding priority, but it is not getting enough money.

kill the banks
12-09-2007, 12:09 AM
Everyone in iowa and nh needs to see these ads. This should be a top priority project. With everyone else mud slinging and ron paul having these inspiring idea filled ads, we could not lose. Again this should be a top grassroots funding priority, but it is not getting enough money.

i'll second that ... take a look & CHIP IN , i did http://www.operationnh.com/

kill the banks

jblosser
12-09-2007, 12:13 AM

Exactly. The time is perfect, everything is happening to lead to an upset in Iowa. We just need Ron's message to step into the vacuum that will be left by Mitt and Huck going at each other.

Even if you think the campaign is going to run the right ads at the right time, more ads won't hurt. And if they don't run the right ads at the right time, at least we'll still be covered. This is what the grassroots does, and they just aren't asking for that much. The potential payoff is incredible.

http://operationnh.com/

robo1415
12-09-2007, 12:15 AM
It's fine to be positive...But we've reached the point where the campaign needs to hit and HIT HARD on the differences between Ron and the moaxes that oppose him...

Lacrosseus
12-09-2007, 12:22 AM
I wet my self just thinking about it :D

HAHAHA!!!

Best line of the day!

Ozwest
12-09-2007, 12:34 AM
What concerns me about leaving the heavy advertising until very late in the primary process is the following...

Think about your own conversion to Ron Paul and its evolution. It takes a certain amount of time and study to become a fanatic. The kind of fanatic that will endure blizzards and post Christmas lethargy to get to the voting station.

The sooner we awaken the apathetic, the better.

Paul4Prez
12-09-2007, 12:53 AM
Here's another Ron Paul victory scenario:

Everyone else gets the typical 10% turnout of their supporters to the Iowa caucuses.

Ron Paul gets all of his supporters to turn out, multiplying his poll numbers by a factor of 5 to 10.

amonasro
12-09-2007, 01:23 AM
The nice thing about our campaign is, there's no need to go negative. At all. And neither should we. Even if we face Hillary in the general election, under no circumstance should we go negative. A positive attitude will win this election.

Absolutely. Kill 'em with kindness, as my mom used to say.

Adamsa
12-09-2007, 07:40 AM
Ron should be on the ready to run a couple of ads whilst Huckabee and Romney go after each other.

BIG_J
12-09-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm praying praying praying for a snow storm on the 3rd and so should you. While January snow is kind of rare; this would be just one more miracle to top everything.

So far everything is working out as planned. Huckabee is starting to implode; He has been plastered all over Drudge et all all weekend as the lead story practically; Mitt probably called in some favors for that one; next we'll probably see Huckster attacking LDS religion. Great I say! Attack away!

This is getting good now; and unless those two reach some sort of peace agreement; which looks extremely unlikely, it's going to be a frick'n blood bath in Iowa for both these clowns.

It's almost funny that things are going this well...

Crazy

Thomas Paine
12-09-2007, 01:51 PM
This reminds me of Senator Russ Feingold's (D-Wisconsin) first senate campaign years ago. At the time, he was an unknown state senator compared to the other two establishment candidates who had deep pockets. Those two establishment candidates spent a lot of money with negative ads on each other with the result that Russ Feingold ended up winning the election since he was the least negative. It also helped that he ran some funny self-deprecating ads about himself toward the end of the campaign that created a positive reaction from the voters.

w90
12-09-2007, 06:10 PM
ads are already running in Iowa last I checked

There's radio ads and telephone advertising, but I have yet to see a TV ad.

HarryBrowneLives
12-09-2007, 08:58 PM

Absolutely right. That was the beauty of Ronald Regan in the primary fights ... he was the one talking up a positive message. We should hope for as much mud as possible between all of them, plus a big winter storm.

At this point, I think a big storm would do the trick. I see most of the other's support as mainly MSM driven and about an inch deep.

GOD BLESS THE REVOLUTION!

Buzz
12-09-2007, 09:02 PM
It also helped that he ran some funny self-deprecating ads about himself toward the end of the campaign that created a positive reaction from the voters.

Hehe, that makes me imagine the RP campaign running spoof negative ads "against" itself.

1913_to_2008
12-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Please storm. The kind that we get here in Green Bay. The kind that make you think "why in the hell do I live here." The kind that shut the place down! Where Ron Paul supporters have to take a snowmobile to go vote.

coffeewithchess
12-10-2007, 03:56 AM
Please storm. The kind that we get here in Green Bay. The kind that make you think "why in the hell do I live here." The kind that shut the place down! Where Ron Paul supporters have to take a snowmobile to go vote.

I've been thinking the same thing...BLIZZARD conditions...RP supporters, be prepared to camp outside the voting building.