PDA

View Full Version : Navy to Hold All-Hands Training, Webinars on New Transgender Policy

Origanalist
09-16-2016, 01:54 PM
http://images01.military.com/media/news/service/gay-pride-600.jpg
The Pentagon celebrates Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, and Transgender Pride Month in 2012. A transgender Army civilian faced repeated instances of discrimination and humiliation, the U.S. Office of Special Counsel announced. Chad J. McNeeley/Navy

Military.com | Sep 16, 2016 | by Hope Hodge Seck
As the Pentagon makes changes to allow transgender service members to serve openly, the Navy is holding training to educate all troops on the new policies.

In an all-Navy message published Tuesday, Chief of Naval Personnel Vice Adm. Robert Burke said a three-pronged training approach will equip senior leaders and rank-and-file personnel for the changes.

"This training will emphasize policies and expectations of personal behavior," the message states.

Beginning Nov. 1, mobile training teams composed of Navy fleet representatives and subject matter expects will be dispatched to deliver face-to-face briefs to senior leaders, including commanding officers, executive officers, command master chiefs, and chiefs of boat.

These sessions will also be open to equal opportunity advisers, ombudsmen and other command-designated representatives who will have a role in training the tenant commands on policies governing transgender troops.

A spokeswoman for Naval Personnel Command, Lt. Jessica Anderson, told Military.com in an email that a commander's tool kit is being developed to guide training, and that additional information about what these training sessions will include will be available in a future message to the fleet.

"Service members are expected to maintain standards of conduct and treat each other with dignity and respect," she said. "Training for sailors will be conducted by command triads via mobile training teams or DVD with a facilitation guide if the unit is in a remote area and unable to receive face-to-face training. There will also be webinars for COs to ask questions prior to delivering training to their commands."

According to the message, DVDs and discussion guides will be mailed to each unit, along with copies of the commander's tool kit and a Defense Department guide being created to explain policy. The webinars, made available to leadership teams, will be provided after mobile training team visits as an opportunity for subject matter experts to answer any remaining questions before fleet training begins.

All sailors will have completed a training session on the new policies by July 1, 2017, Anderson said. That's when the services plan to begin accepting transgender recruits for the first time.

Along with permitting transgender troops to serve openly, the military is creating procedures for troops to change their "gender marker" in the administrative Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System, and laying out rules to govern how troops might undergo medical gender transitions while in uniform.

Transgender troops will be required to use the bathroom and berthing facilities associated with their preferred gender, Navy officials have said.

And service leaders will be on alert for those who seek to single out or mistreat their transgender counterparts.

"We do not tolerate harassment of any kind," Anderson said. "Treating all service members with dignity and respect is something we take extremely seriously, and when there are any indications that those values are not being followed, we will conduct appropriate investigations and take action as necessary."
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/09/16/navy-to-hold-all-hands-training-webinars-new-transgender-policy.html

otherone
09-16-2016, 02:05 PM
this goes here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw

Danke
09-16-2016, 02:05 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/7e/fa/2b/7efa2b9a8e1d8d939c9ed2b4d16fabc5.jpg

oyarde
09-16-2016, 02:24 PM
LOL , Rome was doing better before that empire expired.

silverhandorder
09-16-2016, 02:43 PM
OP what is your opinion.

Origanalist
09-16-2016, 02:44 PM
OP what is your opinion.

It sounds pretty gay to me.

silverhandorder
09-16-2016, 02:45 PM
Mmmm I concur.

RJB
09-16-2016, 03:50 PM
As a former Marine, I would like to make a joke about my brothers in the Navy. Instead I just feel disgust knowing this fucking bullshit is headed for the Corps. FTS! WTF happened to military discipline? We're going to have a bunch of Corporal Clingers running the show!?

Anti Federalist
09-16-2016, 06:12 PM
As a former Marine, I would like to make a joke about my brothers in the Navy. Instead I just feel disgust knowing this fucking bullshit is headed for the Corps. FTS! WTF happened to military discipline? We're going to have a bunch of Corporal Clingers running the show!?

Chesty Puller would blow his fucking brains out, right about now.

I reckon great uncle Smedley would as well.

SewrRatt
09-16-2016, 07:48 PM
The military can't even stop its employees from raping each other at an astronomical rate, and I'm pretty sure they have a policy about that too.

Danke
09-16-2016, 09:26 PM

I'm sure all services. They started that diversity crap in the early 90's.

oyarde
09-16-2016, 09:51 PM
Army needs to win that football game this yr. , that shit is getting embarrassing .

Danke
09-16-2016, 10:01 PM
Army needs to win that football game this yr. , that shit is getting embarrassing .

Are there any Injun warriors that identify as squaws?

specsaregood
09-16-2016, 10:04 PM
We're going to have a bunch of Corporal Clingers running the show!?

The day people associate joining up with the military the same as joining up with a group of crossdessers, the better IMHO.

dannno
09-16-2016, 10:07 PM
I'm sure all services. They started that diversity crap in the early 90's.

‘PCU’ 20 Years Later: 5 Ways The Film Predicted Our 'PC' Future
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?482297-%91PCU%92-20-Years-Later-5-Ways-The-Film-Predicted-Our-PC-Future

timosman
09-16-2016, 10:14 PM
Is there anything else they will bring up to make us feel bad about ourselves? 1% of the population is in prison right now, almost 3% under a correctional supervision(parole, etc ..), we are bombing quite a few countries on the other side of the globe and the most pressing issue is how to "improve" the situation for the 0.25%. That and the global warming.

oyarde
09-16-2016, 10:15 PM
Are there any Injun warriors that identify as squaws?

Negative .

RonPaulIsGreat
09-16-2016, 10:17 PM
This is my rifle this is my gun, both are for fun.. ewwwww, not so deep!!!. Naughty.

Danke
09-16-2016, 10:18 PM
Negative .

I still wouldn't trust them in our military forces.

oyarde
09-16-2016, 10:21 PM
I still wouldn't trust them in our military forces.

LOL , there was nobody better at my job than I was . I decided to move on to something less dangerous that pd better .

Danke
09-16-2016, 10:23 PM
LOL , there was nobody better at my job than I was . I decided to move on to something less dangerous that pd better .

Were you one of those code guys? They did good work under proper supervision.

oyarde
09-16-2016, 10:35 PM
Were you one of those code guys? They did good work under proper supervision.

LOL , no , but back then I did speak many languages.

CaptainAmerica
09-16-2016, 10:44 PM
Meanwhile : rape is still an issue with service men and women.

timosman
09-16-2016, 10:47 PM
Meanwhile : rape is still an issue with service men and women.

Don't they have some libido suppressors? You brain is already checked out. How hard would it be to make the libido go away?