PDA

View Full Version : Must See Video: The Truth about Syria

AZJoe
09-14-2016, 08:37 PM
Must See Video: The Truth about Syria, a Country Fighting the “Invasion by the Most Powerful Country in the World”. US Peace Council

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc-RmAVK8Pg

A delegation from the US Peace Council (USPC) has recently returned to the US from a fact finding mission to Syria. …

Madelyn Hoffman, Executive Director of New Jersey Peace Action, Member of the Syria Delegation at the 17:15:
“This is not a civil war in Syria. That’s probably the first thing we heard, and we heard it over and over again.

It is not President Assad against his own people. It is President Assad and the Syrian people, all together, in unity, against outside forces, outside mercenary forces, terror organizations, the names change every day or every other day, to try to protect their identity, and maybe keep the connection between the country that funded it and that group, kind of a little bit more nebulous, but there are groups, mercenary forces, supported by Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United States, and underneath it, Israel, the state of Israel.

And these outside mercenary forces are the ones that are terrorizing the Syrian people, and are attempting to divide the Syrian people.”

Henry Lowendorf, Member of the Executive Board of the US Peace Council, at the 12:30 mark:
“while the United States would like to divide the Syrians up, by religion or within a religion — by the different beliefs within that religion. There wasn’t a Syrian we talked to who would accept that. …
We will not allow ourselves to be divided up the way the United States has divided up the people of Iraq, or Libya, or Afghanistan, or so many other countries. We won’t allow that.
And that unity, I believe, has lead to the ability of the Syrians to withstand an invasion by the most powerful country in the world, and its most powerful allies in Europe, its most powerful allies in the Middle East, with what is a vicious attack on the Syrian people.
The second is the sanctions. I have to admit that I did not know (before I went) that the United States has imposed sanctions on Syria in a way that’s similar to the sanctions that the United States imposed on Iraq in the 1990s, in order to weaken that country and that government, that the United States admits killed 500,000 children in Iraq, during the 1990s sanctions.”

Alfred Marder who, is the President of the USPC … explained that the domestic tactic used by the US government to sway US public opinion, is, to demonise the leader of whatever country the US is targeting.
“Whether it’s Noriega, Hussein, Gaddafi, or Assad, there’s a definite pattern here” … the story the US people have been told about President Assad and Syria have been purposefully false. “This is not accidental. This is designed to confuse people’s opinions on these Leaders.” …

the US motive is to destroy Syria as an independent secular Arab state and make it compliant to US interests and policies, like Iraq and Libya have become since the US invasions and bombings of these two countries. …

the US government supports Jabhat al-Nusra and other groups (whose names change often) who they claim to be ‘moderate rebels’ but who in truth are not moderate in any way and are affiliated either with Al-Qaeda or ISIS. … the foreign backed mercenaries (ISIS) are fuelled by the Wahhabi doctrine which he described as “a sick medieval and backward ideology driven by the Muslim Brotherhood with its genesis in Saudi Arabia.”

… so called ‘moderate’ Jabhat Al-Nusra mercenaries beheaded a 12 yr old boy during the time the delegation was in Syria. There is nothing ‘moderate’ about beheading a 12 year old boy. …

the sanctions … are actually aimed at wearing down the resolve of the Syrian people. The US has imposed sanctions similar to the ones Iraq experienced before the invasion, which even the US admits killed half a million children. Syrians cannot get baby formula, common medication, medication for chemotherapy, child immunisation etc. These sanctions are so insidious that they affect medical clinics throughout Syria because they are unable to get parts for machines used in medical practice. …

“The campaign to confuse the American people has been intense.”

http://theduran.com/must-see-video-us-peace-council-returns-syria-county-fighting-invasion-by-most-powerful-country-world/

Origanalist
09-14-2016, 08:43 PM
“The campaign to confuse the American people has been intense.”

I don't know why, it's obviously not very hard to do.

pcosmar
09-14-2016, 09:10 PM

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/unanything/images/3/34/Captain_Obvious.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20111219154532

obviously

TER
09-14-2016, 09:20 PM
Very informative video. Thank you!

Origanalist
09-14-2016, 09:25 PM
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/unanything/images/3/34/Captain_Obvious.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20111219154532

obviously

Lol, love the edit.

Gaudius
09-15-2016, 12:14 AM
It is not President Assad against his own people. It is President Assad and the Syrian people, all together, in unity, against outside forces, outside mercenary forces, terror organizations, the names change every day or every other day,

Perhaps it would be an idea for USA to co-operate with Assad in the pursuit of eliminating the terrorists (or insurgents or whatever they are called). Assad is not an angel, but neither was Stalin, but in spite of that we co-operated with him against Hitler (and Stalin was probably worse than Assad).
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Rational gaudism - The Philosophy of Reason, Liberty and Maximization of Self-Happiness (http://rgaud.com/english.htm)

Danke
09-15-2016, 12:21 AM
He introduces them by their first names?

Almost no one attending.

Ender
09-15-2016, 01:12 AM
Perhaps it would be an idea for USA to co-operate with Assad in the pursuit of eliminating the terrorists (or insurgents or whatever they are called). Assad is not an angel, but neither was Stalin, but in spite of that we co-operated with him against Hitler (and Stalin was probably worse than Assad).
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Rational gaudism - The Philosophy of Reason, Liberty and Maximization of Self-Happiness (http://rgaud.com/english.htm)

Stalin was actually worse than Hitler.

osan
09-15-2016, 03:41 AM
Boy has this become a confusing world.

To wit: I have no idea what this USPC is in actuality. I'd not heard of them, nor have I yet researched them, but suspect that digging may reveal little of definitive substance. This seems to be the circumstance surrounding many such organizations. How do we know which sources of descriptive information are to be trusted?

That said, Marder opens by speaking of the pattern WRT all these wars of foreign aggression and how the American people are being purposely confused. I cannot disagree with the statement, as far as it goes. Then in virtually the next breath, he manages to confuse me by stating on the one hand that the USPC is a "firm advocate of the UN Charter with deep respect for the sovereignty for all countries." First of all, the sentence is not semantically clear. Does the aforementioned "deep respect" issue from the UN Charter or the USPC? Perhaps both? That aside, I have read the UN Charter cover to cover, and while it makes much speak of sovereignty and rights, it says precious little about them of any substance. I've done a line-by-line analysis (http://freedomisobvious.blogspot.com/2013/12/un-declaration-of-human-rights-preamble.html) of the Declaration of Human Rights, which finds that it talks much and says nothing, rife as it is with open-ended and essentially meaningless statements.

I am, therefore and from the very beginning, left in a state of some confusion as either to the wits of the organization, its actual intentions, or both. I hearken us back to the fact that the progressives and other communistic, authoritarian-collectivist organizations all appear to stress "peace" at any price, usually to be enforced under the threat of men with guns. This immediately raises a red flag.

Another noteworthy comment made upfront comes where ca. 5:12 he apparently distinguishes between the "US peace movement" and "the American people". Why this distinction? It could just be a matter of his expressive style, or may have been a subconscious gaff wherein he has exposed something that he might otherwise have not wanted exposed to the eyes of those who pay attention to details. Hard to say, but it got my notice.

He immediately segues into a statement of crushing naïveté by referring to Americans demanding a halt to the aggressions in Syria, as if Theye give the least damn what we want or even that enough Americans would care enough to even want it, much less make demands to that effect.

Lowendorf OTOH makes concerned references to Christians, which speaks against USPC being some nefarious front.

OTOH, they are making the Syrian people out to be all victims - and that is perhaps the case, but what of the millions of them who have fled to Europe, only to misbehave in the ways in which the world has borne video witness.

Then Hoffman is inconsistent, first saying she saw the same thing in Iraq as in Syria in terms of the unity of the people who refused to be divided into groups. She then stated that Iraq went "just like that" when the US wanted it to be so, yet could not accomplish the same with Assad in Syria because of the "unity" of the people. Why, then, did the same unity not save Hussein? These may seem trivial inconsistencies, but I would not make that assumption.

Hence, my inability to come to any firm assessment of who these people are and how trustworthy might be their message.

osan
09-15-2016, 03:46 AM

Testament to the power of propaganda and intergenerational patience.

osan
09-15-2016, 03:48 AM
Stalin was actually worse than Hitler.

By orders of magnitude.