PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Pastor Allen Joyner Says Players Who Sit for Anthem “Should Be Lined Up & Shot”

GunnyFreedom
09-12-2016, 07:48 PM
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/applause-football-sit-anthem-shot/

Stadium Erupts in Applause as Pastor Says Players Who Sit for Anthem “Should Be Lined Up & Shot”

The Free Thought Project September 12, 2016 20 Comments

Butler County, AL — (RT) An Alabama pastor caused controversy at a local high school football game, saying players who don’t stand for the US national anthem should be shot. His remarks come in the wake of US sports stars’ protests against police brutality.

Pastor Allen Joyner made the remarks as he addressed the crowd at a Friday night football game at McKenzie High School in Butler County.

“If you don’t want to stand for the national anthem, you can line up over there by the fence and let our military personnel take a few shots at you since they’re taking shots for you,” the announcer said at the game, according to Denise Crowley-Whitfield who posted what happened on Facebook, the Alabama-based publication AL.com reported.

http://i.imgur.com/umACEu5.png

His remarks led to “crazy cheering” from the stands, as the local fans seemed to endorse his statement. However, not everyone was as enthusiastic regarding Joyner’s advice to those unwilling to stand during the national anthem.

“Patriotism should be a part of school events but threats of shooting people who aren’t patriotic, even in jest, have no place at a school,”Butler County Schools Superintendent Amy Bryan told AL.com.“Threats of violence are a violation of school policy and certainly not condoned by the school board.”

The Sweet Home Baptist Church, of which Joyner is a member, supported the pastor’s comments, saying they were “taken out of context and misquoted,” in a post on Facebook. However, the church later deleted the post from the social media platform.

The debate about whether to stand while ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ is being played was started by San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick

“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,” he told nfl.com, after a match with the Green Bay Packers on August 27.

“To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder,” he added.

On Sunday, four Miami Dolphins players knelt while the national anthem was being played before a match with the Seattle Seahawks.

“It’s not about the symbology [sic] that people are mad about. It’s the message and the people who are saying it,” said Arian Foster, one of the players who refused to stand.

“Because if it’s a knee that people are upset about, every Sunday people of faith take a knee to give thanks to their Lord and savior, whatever faith or whatever religion they are,” he added speaking to reporters after the game.

However, the four players Michael Thomas, Jelani Jenkins, Kenny Stills and Foster received criticism from large sections of the US public for carrying out their protest on Sunday, which was the 15th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the USA.

“People say it is not the time to do it, then when is the time? It is never the time in someone else’s eyes because they will always feel like it’s good enough and it’s not. And that is the beautiful thing about this country that if someone doesn’t think that it is good enough they have their right and all we are doing is exercising that right,” Foster concluded.

RJB
09-12-2016, 07:50 PM
Freedom!

RJB
09-12-2016, 07:54 PM
I am also curious if he feels the same about those who sit instead of standing for restroom breaks?

Zippyjuan
09-12-2016, 07:54 PM
Is there also freedom of expression and freedom to sit down in protest?

Slave Mentality
09-12-2016, 08:24 PM
The church has always been an agent of the state and vice versa. Alabama Pastor has no shame, as 501C rules his sermons.

euphemia
09-12-2016, 08:31 PM
I would be a lot more tolerant of these people if they were having very honest conversations about race relations. Nobody is doing that. Nobody.

enhanced_deficit
09-12-2016, 08:32 PM
That is a very reckless and irresponsible suggestion.

There were rumors that current leader had allegedly already shot under-age American children using remote control drones over exercise of free speech. The Pastor should not give him any more dangerous ideas.

http://drone.politifake.org/image/political/1503/executed-obama-2011-16-year-old-american-citizen-abdulrahman-politics-1426036095.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWKG6ZmgAX4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWKG6ZmgAX4

Edited to add:

Quick look up shows that the screech look alike character above may be ignorant.. or a hypocrite if it is confirmed that he himself may have been selectively an enabler of violence against innocent children of color.

Has anyone asked him if he supports or opposes CLM Colored-Child-victims-of-dronegangstaism LIVES MATTER ?

http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/kaepernick1.jpg?w=1000
http://static.prisonplanet.com/p/images/may2014/120514mic1.jpg

jkr
09-12-2016, 08:45 PM
Blind guides

Danke
09-12-2016, 08:56 PM
Pastor speaks out about viral Facebook post
Posted: Sep 12, 2016 6:44 PM CDT
by Caitlyn Cline SAL PASTORCOMMENT PIC
Joyner reads his resignation letter aloud in a Sweet Home Baptist Church pew.

An Alabama pastor’s comments went viral thanks to a post on Facebook. He claims they weren’t his words, and that he was misquoted.

Allen Joyner is the pastor at Sweet Home Baptist Church in Mckenzie. He’s also been the volunteer announcer for the Mckenzie Tigers Football team for ten years. He held that position until the past week, when he resigned due to the Facebook backlash.

“I’m stepping down as announcer. I don’t know how you resign from a volunteer position, but I’m stepping down,” he says. “But I’m not backing up from my beliefs.”

Right before the National Anthem played at the Mckenzie versus the Houston County Lions game, Joyner made a statement concerning the recent national controversy surrounding standing for the National Anthem. He says his comments were shared on Facebook by a woman from the visiting team, but she misquoted him.

“What i said was, ‘if you don’t want to stand for our national anthem, we’ll take time to tell you about the people who served and gave you that right to sit,'” he says. “And I never said… I used the term take a shot, down here that means ‘give an effort’. The misquote came where she said, ‘if anyone don’t want to stand for the National Anthem, line up by the fence and we’ll let the military take shots at you as they’ve been taking shots for you.’ Well that sounded good, but that’s not what I said.”

Since then Joyner, his family, and the school have been recieving threatening messages from people across the nation. Some are simply criticizing Joyner, others are threatening him and his family with violence. He does say his congregation at Sweet Home is standing with him.

“And I tried to… minister that to learn a lesson… To guard our words. I couldn’t. And then one man of our church come and stood beside me. And before it was over, every man in the church was standing beside me,” he adds with tears in his eyes.

Joyner also feels sorry for the woman who posted the original message, who has since deleted her Facebook account.

“I would just love for her to know that we pray for her. Because she has been thrown under the bus. And I apologize for that.”

Butler County Superintendent Amy Bryan also issued a statement over the incident, saying “The Butler County School System does not tolerate any violence, in jest or a serious threat.”

Joyner admits he shouldn’t have shared his patriotic beliefs at the football field, but is still standing by his original statement. He says he just wishes he would have chosen a better venue and different words.

http://www.alabamanews.net/2016/09/12/pastor-speaks-viral-facebook-post/

Brian4Liberty
09-12-2016, 09:10 PM
His remarks come in the wake of US sports stars’ protests against police brutality.

Unfortunately, "police brutality" in general is probably not a concern to many of these protesters. They are more about "racism".

Take a look at Kaepernick's Twitter feed (Tweets and retweets).

oyarde
09-12-2016, 09:21 PM
I would not be too worried about a Pastor in Butler County , Alabama announcing a High School football game in an unpaid position .

Anti Federalist
09-12-2016, 09:38 PM
I would be a lot more tolerant of these people if they were having very honest conversations about race relations. Nobody is doing that. Nobody.

Good lord that's all anybody talks about anymore, to the point that I'm fair sick and tired of hearing about it.

Police abuse, which is what these protests are claiming to be about, is not a black problem.

It is a blue problem.

enhanced_deficit
09-12-2016, 09:57 PM
I would not be too worried about a Pastor in Butler County , Alabama announcing a High School football game in an unpaid position .

Police abuse, which is what these protests are claiming to be about, is not a black problem.

It is a blue problem.

Both views quite insightful.

Only minor addition to it I would make is that "Blue" color in this context continues to evolve even for domestic audiences with increasing global flavor.

http://freedomisforeveryone.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/police_military.jpg

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/content/wls/images/cms/081414-wls-ferguson-5-img.jpg

Hopefully screech looking guy being famousized by MSM owners will start thinking more deeply about things.

Danke
09-12-2016, 10:15 PM
Both views quite insightful.

Only minor addition to it I would make is that "Blue" color in this context continues to evolve even for domestic audiences with increasing global flavor.

http://freedomisforeveryone.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/police_military.jpg

That looks like the Saint Paul Capitol. Was that during the 2008 RNC?

enhanced_deficit
09-12-2016, 10:33 PM
Not sure, but it's within the "Land of the Free" territories

Brian4Liberty
09-12-2016, 10:36 PM
Good lord that's all anybody talks about anymore, to the point that I'm fair sick and tired of hearing about it.

It is a blue problem.

That line of reasoning didn't work out well for me, IRL...

Had a discussion with a hard-core leftist recently. Tried to emphasize common ground, but apparently the ground is not as common as it might seem. Here's a condensed and simplified paraphrase, after a short discussion of Johnson and his Aleppo problem.

Leftist: "So what do you think about Kaepernick?"
Me: (Sensing an opportunity for agreement) "Yeah that's an interesting one, he has some valid concerns".
Leftist: "I'm glad he's doing it."
Me: "I agree with a lot of his points too, although some fans are upset, and he's in uniform and on the job while he's doing it, so it's a PR problem for the team. He should do it on his own time."
Leftist: "The NFL had no rules against it."
Me: "You know he brings up a lot of issues that libertarians have been active in for quite a while."
Leftist: "Pff, libertarians. :rolleyes:"
Me: "Police tactics and militarization of Police are big problems. And it's not just a black/white/race issue."
Leftist (now triggered): "The Police need better weapons. And they have to have escalation tactics to maintain authority. They have to be one step ahead. And common people shouldn't have guns anyway."
Me: "Well, there's the Second Amendmemt..."
Leftist: "That's such bull$#@!, that was back when weapons were simple and it was for a militia. We don't need a militia anymore. And Republicans won't let any gun control laws pass."

Good luck to Johnson...

John F Kennedy III
09-13-2016, 05:32 AM
That line of reasoning didn't work out well for me, IRL...

That's why I stopped arguing with people on the internet.

otherone
09-13-2016, 05:53 AM
https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/ocT2jcK8wv6ZlmiW2l4nRA--/YXBwaWQ9c3JjaGRkO2g9NTAwO3E9OTU7dz0zNTE-/https://s1.yimg.com/ls/img/1024/43d564fe-2b65-3268-aa3d-bc5a063e65d9

GunnyFreedom
09-13-2016, 06:55 AM
Pastor speaks out about viral Facebook post
Posted: Sep 12, 2016 6:44 PM CDT
by Caitlyn Cline SAL PASTORCOMMENT PIC
Joyner reads his resignation letter aloud in a Sweet Home Baptist Church pew.

An Alabama pastor’s comments went viral thanks to a post on Facebook. He claims they weren’t his words, and that he was misquoted.

http://www.alabamanews.net/2016/09/12/pastor-speaks-viral-facebook-post/

I'm not buying it. If he was really misquoted then 2/3 of the people attending the game would be howling like banshees right about now.

euphemia
09-13-2016, 07:36 AM

It is a blue problem.

But they aren't really having the hard conversations. It's all the same story. Nobody wants to talk about the causes or results, or how it is a racial issue. Some police are black.

It seems to me that law enforcement is a different issue than race.

Brian4Liberty
09-13-2016, 09:52 AM
That's why I stopped arguing with people on the internet.

IRL = In Real Life, not on the internet.

Would have the same debate on the internet though. ;)

Sonny Tufts
09-13-2016, 02:58 PM
Almost 52 years ago I attended a show at Chicago's Second City comedy club. One of the skits featured a group of people sitting in chairs in a row. Over the sound system came the sound of a crowd at a baseball game and the announcer intoning, "And now, ladies and gentlemen, our National Anthem." The Anthem began playing, and everyone stood up and sang except for one guy, who just sat there. Each of the other people kept singing and motioning for him to stand, but he continued to just sit. As the song progressed some tried to pull him out of the chair, but to no avail. The skit blacked out right when the group was singing "In the land of the free", at which point they were beating the guy to a pulp.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Anti Federalist
09-13-2016, 04:41 PM
"The Police need better weapons. And they have to have escalation tactics to maintain authority. They have to be one step ahead. And common people shouldn't have guns anyway."

Scratch a leftist, find a fascist.

Danke
09-13-2016, 04:48 PM
More:

http://www.wsfa.com/story/33074836/butler-county-pastor-faces-heat-over-alleged-pre-game-remarks-friday-night

Joyner says the viral story is nowhere near the truth, and he was misquoted. This is what the pastor claims to have actually said:

"If you don't want to stand for the national anthem, please go sit at the baseball field and let some of our folks take a shot at reminding you of the price our military paid for your freedom to sit."

We reached out to fan who apparently posted the comment on Facebook, but she didn't immediately respond

John F Kennedy III
09-13-2016, 07:41 PM
IRL = In Real Life, not on the internet.

Would have the same debate on the internet though. ;)

I applaud you for not beating the person half to death.