PDA

View Full Version : Draft Judge Napolitano for Governor of New York 2018

MattRay
09-11-2016, 11:03 PM
I know he's never expressed any interest in running for office and I don't blame him, but I truly believe he's the one man who could bring a similar excitement to the liberty movement that Dr. Paul brought. Judge Nap has the knowledge, principles, charisma, name recognition and oratory skills. It should not be underestimated how much of an impact a great orator can have. One need only look through recent history to see that and the Judge certainly fits that bill. It's also damn near impossible to not like the man, much like Dr. Paul, which also makes him a perfect candidate. Having lived in New York all my life, I'd call this state liberty-starved, so I'd love for someone like Judge Nap to educate the state and it'd be a liberty campaign that would get national attention. The Libertarian Party of New York should reach out to him, especially since he'd easily get enough votes to get the LP listed alongside the Green Party, Conservative Party, Independence Party etc., which it's not currently, but I also think he'd do quite well. More importantly, we'd also have a real libertarian representing libertarians and the liberty movement again, rather than fiscally conservative/socially liberal. Of course, a 2020 presidential run in the GOP primary and/or for the LP depending on how everything looks would be huge for the liberty movement, though I know he's specifically turned that down and I do think there needs to be more major liberty campaigns for lower office than the presidency.

I know this is extremely unlikely, but hey, I can dream, right?

specsaregood
09-11-2016, 11:09 PM
You think he claims his residency in NY rather than his farm in NJ?

MattRay
09-11-2016, 11:19 PM
I wondered that since he's a New Jersey native, which is easily close enough to commute to NY for his work with Fox, but his twitter profile says NYC, so I went with that.

milgram
09-12-2016, 01:04 AM
I think Larry Sharpe is planning to run. Sharpe finished second in the contest for LP VP. Too bad, as he'd be far superior to Bill Weld.

http://lionsofliberty.com/2016/07/06/225/

John F Kennedy III
09-12-2016, 04:39 AM
I wondered that since he's a New Jersey native, which is easily close enough to commute to NY for his work with Fox, but his twitter profile says NYC, so I went with that.

Close geographically, but certainly multiple hour drive each way.

MattRay
09-12-2016, 04:15 PM
Close geographically, but certainly multiple hour drive each way.

True, it's why I never drive in NYC. Of course, I lived in residential Brooklyn and Queens, but you can still get hammered by traffic coming and going.

MattRay
09-12-2016, 04:22 PM
I think Larry Sharpe is planning to run. Sharpe finished second in the contest for LP VP. Too bad, as he'd be far superior to Bill Weld.

http://lionsofliberty.com/2016/07/06/225/

I heard some suggest him and I plan on learning more about Sharpe. I actually just followed him on twitter yesterday, though I've only been on twitter a month myself. As for Weld, in terms of promoting liberty, who isn't far superior to Weld? I initially accepted Weld strategically, but it's hard for me to accept every time I hear him speak representing the Libertarian Party. I often think he was far too much of a compromise since as I've said, he really comes off almost exactly like a DLC "New Democrat" or a Rockefeller Republican, except with lower taxes.

With all of that said, I'll support any good libertarian candidate in NY although Napolitano will continue to be my ideal choice, assuming he's even eligible.

osan
09-13-2016, 06:24 AM
I know he's never expressed any interest in running for office and I don't blame him, but I truly believe he's the one man who could bring a similar excitement to the liberty movement that Dr. Paul brought.

Firstly, this would be a cruel thing to which to subject what appears to me to be a good man.

Secondly, the problem with your notion is that once again it relies on the personality of a single man. Just as the Ron Paul liberty "movement" has failed, so would that of an Andrew Napolitano. Trusting the future of one's testicles to the care of a single man is a high-risk proposition whose pay-off is very low, even when it "succeeds". I quote that word because these movements never succeed in truth, but only with the thinnest marginality. And before anyone gets in a pinch about my declaring the Ron Paul thing to have failed, let us please be realistic. In 2008, the prospects were looking comparatively very good with those today, and yet the good Dr. Paul was hamstrung at every turn, and since 2012 it now appears that many people have gone back to sleep.

Why? Because liberty costs and those costs are very high. High to attain in the face of open tyranny, and high to keep it. The truth is, the vast majority of Americans want the gilt cages that their pretty slavery affords them, even if with every passing year that accommodation becomes smaller and the gilding stripped more broadly away. The unity, stamina, knowledge, and sheer will for actual liberty does not exist in America in sufficient volume and stridency at this time for it to become real. We lack the qualities necessary to use the first-line instruments to put the tyrants to flight. What makes anyone thing that we have those necessary to employ those of last-resort?

Judge Nap has the knowledge, principles, charisma, name recognition and oratory skills. It should not be underestimated how much of an impact a great orator can have.

Nor the risks. I hate to satisfy Godwin, but Hitler is a prime example of where things can go when a good orator gets hold of a nation.

More realistically for 21st century America, look at the risks of that single-point organizational structure when the orator is suddenly rendered absent. Look at what has happened with Ron Paul, now that he is no longer a viable candidate for Fearless Leader: the cheering, yomping liberty hounds have largely disappeared back into the woodwork.

Given the number of those connected with Hillary Clinton who have recently met with freakishly sudden, strangely convenient, and perhaps in some cases grizzly deaths of late at the hands of Hell only know who, what would lead anyone to believe that Judge Napolitano would not face similar threats? Hell, I doubt Trump will make it very far if he is elected, before he is reeled in either with threats to his family or with a bullet.

And let us not be coy or naïve on such matters. All these deaths are by no means coincidence. To believe otherwise is to show one's will to stupidity. There is something going on in this nation and it is indeed conspiratorial in nature. I doubt those so conspiring are in any mood to have their purposes challenged, and so long as those advocating for liberty remain in readily countable numbers, Theye shall remain resolute in warning or killing off all who threaten to interfere with the grander scheme.

Having lived in New York all my life, I'd call this state liberty-starved, so I'd love for someone like Judge Nap to educate the state and it'd be a liberty campaign that would get national attention.

This, I am sad to say, is truly naïve. Firstly, why does he need to run for office in order to educate? Has he not been doing this for years on TV? Where has it gotten the American people, more specifically those from New York. I am a native of New York City and I know the culture well. Broadly speaking, it is a hopeless cesspool of hard-left progressivism. There is a subculture of those with better sense, but they are an ever more invisible minority who apparently shrink from any public expression of their true views for fear of the consequences. After all, is it not now the acceptable fashion for those of a strong "left" bent to riot, destroy, and beat others when their ire is provoked, as the good-for-less-than-nothing police stand about watching with some bemusement?

Upstate is no better. NY is perhaps the blackest of my list of black states... though MA perhaps gives it a run for the money. Tyranny is a central pillar of NY politics, bald-faced, brazenly naked, and unapologetic. NY politicians no longer care what YOU think or want in even the least measure, unless you are a member of the parasite class, whose desires will always be accommodated precisely because it serves the interests of one's power to do so.

The Libertarian Party of New York should reach out to him, especially since he'd easily get enough votes to get the LP listed alongside the Green Party, Conservative Party, Independence Party etc., which it's not currently, but I also think he'd do quite well.

Have you been paying attention to what people say and how they apparently think in NY? It would seem not. Perhaps you live in some freakish (by NY standards) enclave of relative good sense, but unless the state's population has undergone some wide swing in the fundaments of its world view, I would have to think that you must be living in a different New York than the one in which I grew up. Even my oldest friend from high school - lets call him Brent - is of a hopelessly poisoned political mindset, and we are talking about someone who spent his career as a NJ redneck farmer in the south end of that state (he is from Newark, NY). I honestly have never been able to reconcile the two aspects of him that appear to violently incompatible, and yet there they are. If a boy who grew up in what was at the time a farming community in the state of NY and who manifests many of the qualities of said rednecks can simultaneously hold a firmly progressive political slant of things, then imagine what the honest views must be of those of a more sub/urban timbre.

I know this is extremely unlikely, but hey, I can dream, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfHnzYEHAow

Bottom line: education is still the best avenue - to show people that there are things for which the risk of death is worthwhile.