PDA

View Full Version : Bureau of Land Management to Destroy 44,000 Wild Horses

presence
09-11-2016, 06:07 PM
Breaking News: BLM’s Wild Horse Advisory Board Just Voted To Kill All 44,000 Captive Wild Horses In HoldingSeptember 9, 2016|The Bureau of Land Management’s Wild Horse and Burro Advisory Board has just voted in favor of killing all the wild horses currently in short term and long term holding, approximately 44,000 horses. The only NO vote on the Advisory Board was from Ginger Kathrens of the Cloud Foundation.
Being extremely fond of euphemisms, the BLM uses the term “euthanasia” which is incorrect.
Definition of Euthanasia: “the act or practice of killing or permitting the death of hopelessly sick or injured individuals (as persons or domestic animals) in a relatively painless way for reasons of mercy.” This is in fact murder, not euthanasia.
The intent behind this vote was to send a strong message to Washington, DC so that this might happen. Dean Bolstad, Division Chief had been alluding to killing the captive wild horses earlier in the meeting.
This is BLM’s endgame for our wild horses.
Please speak up – send comments to the Advisory Board ASAP at this address: whbadvisoryboard@blm.gov
You can email the bloody-minded Advisory Board individually as well:
June Sewing: mustangs@infowest.com; Fred Woehl: prtfred@gmail.com; Robert Cope: cowdoc75@hotmail.com; Julie Weikle: jweikeldvm@yahoo.com; Sue McDonnell: suemcd@vet.upenn.edu; Steven Yardley: steven.leslieyardley@yahoo.com; Ben Masters: benmasters@unbrandedthefilm.com
and you can thank Ginger Kathrens for standing strong in the face of such complete and utter disregard for the interests of our wild horses and burros: Info@thecloudfoundation.org.
Tell Dean Bolstad what you think: dbolstad@blm.gov
Then call Sally Jewell, Secretary of the Interior:(202) 208-3100
Then write your Congressmen and Senators.
This outrage must not stand.

http://www.wildhoofbeats.com/news/breaking-news-blms-wild-horse-advisory-board-just-voted-to-kill-all-49000-captive-wild-horses-in-holding

oyarde
09-11-2016, 06:14 PM
Since all of the large predators were eliminated the wild horses will be managed like any other animal.

fisharmor
09-11-2016, 06:15 PM
This is in fact murder, not euthanasia.

Well, since we're playing the definition game....

dictionary.com says murder is "the killing of another human being under conditions specifically covered in law".
Merriam-Webster says it is "the crime of deliberately killing a person", or "the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought".

"Law", "crime", "person".... these words mean things, too.

fisharmor
09-11-2016, 06:15 PM
Since all of the large predators were eliminated the wild horses will be managed like any other animal.

With hunting seasons?

phill4paul
09-11-2016, 06:16 PM
I've got enough property. I'll take one.

oyarde
09-11-2016, 06:20 PM
With hunting seasons?

LOL , People would be in an uproar if they start issuing mustang tags .

Zippyjuan
09-11-2016, 06:22 PM
I've got enough property. I'll take one.

Check this out: https://www.blm.gov/adoptahorse/howtoadopt.php

Though time about to expire for this year.

phill4paul
09-11-2016, 06:26 PM
Check this out: https://www.blm.gov/adoptahorse/howtoadopt.php

Though time about to expire for this year.

Do you have any idea of the amount of hoops to jump through? Even read your link? It's not even possible. For me. Thanks to Fed.

John F Kennedy III
09-12-2016, 04:01 AM
Well, since we're playing the definition game....

dictionary.com says murder is "[/COLOR]the killing of another human being under conditions specifically covered in law".
Merriam-Webster says it is "the crime of deliberately killing a person", or "the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought".

"Law", "crime", "person".... these words mean things, too.

Yeah, but going by the dictionary, it was impossible for a man to be raped until like 2014.

libertyjam
09-12-2016, 04:56 AM
According to this handout http://www.blm.gov/style/medialib/blm/wo/Planning_and_Renewable_Resources/wild_horses_and_burros/statistics_and_maps/infographic.Par.82953.File.dat/WHBhandout051216.pdf

they say that only 27000 can live on current public lands, in balance. So they are culling the herd to get to below that number. currently 67,000 pop.
but who knows if that is really true about pop capacity, not like it is from a trustworthy source.

John F Kennedy III
09-12-2016, 05:14 AM
According to this handout http://www.blm.gov/style/medialib/blm/wo/Planning_and_Renewable_Resources/wild_horses_and_burros/statistics_and_maps/infographic.Par.82953.File.dat/WHBhandout051216.pdf

they say that only 27000 can live on current public lands, in balance. So they are culling the herd to get to below that number. currently 67,000 pop.
but who knows if that is really true about pop capacity, not like it is from a trustworthy source.

Clearly the land can support 67,000, otherwise they wouldn't be alive.

libertyjam
09-12-2016, 05:31 AM
Clearly the land can support 67,000, otherwise they wouldn't be alive.

Well a lot are removed and fed supplementally when they start starving, so you cannot say that for certain. We need to know the BLM's current hay bill.

John F Kennedy III
09-12-2016, 05:36 AM
Well a lot are removed and fed supplementally when they start starving, so you cannot say that for certain. We need to know the BLM's current hay bill.

Oh alritey. Didn't think of that since these are presented as wild horses.

presence
09-12-2016, 07:51 AM
who knows if that is really true about pop capacity, not like it is from a trustworthy source.

the only trustworthy source is to leave the land and its use to state of nature and the free market

puppetmaster
09-12-2016, 09:16 AM
These animals are fucking pests. Plus when they get spooked they stampede down rhetoric streets putting anyone in their path in danger. The vermin who actively feed/bait them in and defend them are morons. I have to fix fences and clean up horse shit every day practicaly. Legalize eating them.

helmuth_hubener
09-12-2016, 09:35 AM
These animals are $#@!ing pests. Plus when they get spooked they stampede down rhetoric streets putting anyone in their path in danger. The vermin who actively feed/bait them in and defend them are morons. I have to fix fences and clean up horse $#@! every day practicaly. Legalize eating them.

Thank you!

Sorry presence, stick to bitcoin schemes. Those on the ground with any knowledge will tell you: These wild horses are vermin, just as puppetmaster says, totally out of control, totally over-populated and tearing up the land. The BLM has been doing a horrible job of land management -- SURPRISE! -- and let this problem get way out of hand. But this is a small step towards sanity, not an outrage concocted by blood-thirsty horse-murderers. Well, an announced small step -- we'll see if it actually happens. Maybe kooks like your OP quotes will stop it.

Ender
09-12-2016, 09:44 AM
the only trustworthy source is to leave the land and its use to state of nature and the free market

^^THIS^^

GunnyFreedom
09-12-2016, 10:03 AM
If the free market were allowed to handle this, horses wouldn't be nearly as expensive, more people would keep them, and culling them would be unnecessary.

fisharmor
09-12-2016, 10:15 AM
Legalize eating them.

So I looked it up, and there is currently no federal law banning eating horsemeat, but the feds have successfully shut down all horse slaughterhouses in the country.
Any total ban on consumption is on the state level.
Though there are federal ban bills regularly getting proposed, and, thankfully, regularly shot down.

helmuth_hubener
09-12-2016, 10:25 AM
So I looked it up, and there is currently no federal law banning eating horsemeat, but the feds have successfully shut down all horse slaughterhouses in the country.

BANNING (pp. v.): See entry "For All Practical Purposes".

puppetmaster
09-12-2016, 10:42 AM
Thank you!

Sorry presence, stick to bitcoin schemes. Those on the ground with any knowledge will tell you: These wild horses are vermin, just as puppetmaster says, totally out of control, totally over-populated and tearing up the land. The BLM has been doing a horrible job of land management -- SURPRISE! -- and let this problem get way out of hand. But this is a small step towards sanity, not an outrage concocted by blood-thirsty horse-murderers. Well, an announced small step -- we'll see if it actually happens. Maybe kooks like your OP quotes will stop it.

No it will be blocked. But I would like to see anyone who protests take one home and care for it.

presence
09-12-2016, 11:13 AM
Thank you!

Sorry presence, stick to bitcoin schemes. Those on the ground with any knowledge will tell you: These wild horses are vermin, just as puppetmaster says, totally out of control, totally over-populated and tearing up the land.

so shoot 'em and eat 'em, I don't see the issue.

The BLM has been doing a horrible job of land management -- SURPRISE! -- and let this problem get way out of hand. But this is a small step towards sanity, not an outrage concocted by blood-thirsty horse-murderers. Well, an announced small step -- we'll see if it actually happens. Maybe kooks like your OP quotes will stop it.

Sanity would be letting the horses go wild again, allowing hunting and processing of horse meat, then letting nature and markets take their course.

Just because uncle is spending too much money doing stupid shit doesn't mean we should grant greater authority to do more shit.

Natural Citizen
09-12-2016, 11:14 AM
Perhaps it's time to control the human population.

helmuth_hubener
09-12-2016, 07:26 PM
so shoot 'em and eat 'em, I don't see the issue.

Sanity would be letting the horses go wild again, allowing hunting and processing of horse meat, then letting nature and markets take their course. Uhh, the problem is I don't own the land, nor the horses.

The horses *are* wild. You are uninformed on this issue, it seems. You posted the rankings of a lunatic who wants the horses to "run free" and have free love forever, at our expense. We humans need to kneel down before the horses.

Sorry, no thanks.

Just because uncle is spending too much money doing stupid $#@! doesn't mean we should grant greater authority to do more $#@!. it's not a choice of do something or don't. He who owns the land manages the land. In this case, grossly mis-manages it, ruining and ravaging the "public's" land and causing tremendous problems for all the land's neighbors as well.

Managing it in a more sane, reasonable way would be an improvement -- except to ani-human lunatics.

Gaudius
09-14-2016, 02:22 AM
Bureau of Land Management to Destroy 44,000 Wild Horses

I would be more concerned about wild president candidates, i.e. Trump, than wild horses. Everyone ought to "kill" his presidential ambitions by avoiding voting for him at the presidential election! Gary Johnson is a well trained "horse" worth voting for.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Rational gaudism - The Philosophy of Reason, Liberty and Maximization of Self-Happiness (http://rgaud.com/english.htm)

tod evans
09-14-2016, 02:49 AM
Perhaps it's time to control the human population.

Start with DC.........:cool::D

John F Kennedy III
09-14-2016, 04:00 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yE2B_kCfvss

pcosmar
09-14-2016, 09:04 AM
These animals are $#@!ing pests. Plus when they get spooked they stampede down rhetoric streets putting anyone in their path in danger.

hmm,
some stupid idiot built a road into horse country. and now they are hazards in their own home.

would be easier to close the misplaced road to motorized traffic.

libertyjam
09-14-2016, 09:59 AM
what are rhetoric streets?

GunnyFreedom
09-14-2016, 10:06 AM
what are rhetoric streets?

I was going with "roads that aren't really there, but sound good on paper."

puppetmaster
09-14-2016, 12:21 PM
what are rhetoric streets? it was a auto correct typo.....funny

Most of these horses are newly arrivals. My road was here first. Fuck the wild horses...let's eat.

libertyjam
09-15-2016, 12:41 PM
Breaking: BLM Will Not Kill 45,000 horses after Public Outcry! But We Proceed With Caution
By Erin Elizabeth - September 15, 2016
http://www.healthnutnews.com/blm-advisory-board-recommends-45000-wild-horses-killed/

Ender
09-15-2016, 01:38 PM
Breaking: BLM Will Not Kill 45,000 horses after Public Outcry! But We Proceed With Caution
By Erin Elizabeth - September 15, 2016
http://www.healthnutnews.com/blm-advisory-board-recommends-45000-wild-horses-killed/

Good.