PDA

View Full Version : correct me if im wrong, but gary johnson...

satchelmcqueen
09-10-2016, 10:38 AM
so as i understand it, there will be 3 debates between trump and clinton to which johnson will try to be a part of.

matt laurer just did a town hall type thing with trump/clinton. is this considered as 1 of those 3 debates?

if so, when will it be announced if johnson makes the cut or not?

thanks

euphemia
09-10-2016, 11:30 AM
I think the eligiblity criteria is 15% polling. Johnson is not at that level. Neither are Castle or Stein.

09-10-2016, 12:57 PM
The town hall is not one of the 3 debates. The participants for the 1st one will be decided mid September. So I would assume maybe next week or the week after. Johnson almost surely won't make the cut for the first one. They decide each on an individual basis, so it's theoretically possible he could improve his polling and make a later one.

phill4paul
09-10-2016, 01:09 PM
Didn't Trump threaten to boycott if Johnson and Stein were not allowed in the debates?

francisco
09-10-2016, 01:33 PM
Didn't Trump threaten to boycott if Johnson and Stein were not allowed in the debates?

Not yet. Trump hasn't figured out yet that GJ in the race reduces Clinton's current polling margin over Trump.

phill4paul
09-10-2016, 01:41 PM
Not yet. Trump hasn't figured out yet that GJ in the race reduces Clinton's current polling margin over Trump.

Ah, after reviewing it looks like it was wishful thinking on a staff writers part.

http://www.smobserved.com/story/2016/09/10/politics/donald-trump-will-not-debate-hillary-if-gary-johnson-not-allowed-to-participate/1894.html