PDA

View Full Version : Make voting a group affair

ReallyNow
12-08-2007, 09:03 PM
I've enlisted three other people who aren't necessarily interested in voting in the primary through sheer force of will. One is a younger sibling and the other two are friends. They saw how passionate I am about Ron Paul so I asked them if they would be willing to come with me to vote and have dinner afterward (I think the free dinner might've been the tipping point! :D) In all honesty they have no interest in politics and certainly not in voting for any candidate but I told them how important it was to me.

If we can bring one, two or more people with us to vote the numbers would grow like crazy. Parents aren't interested in voting? Talk with them about it and see if they would come. Siblings? same thing.

I know it seems like stacking the deck but this it too important not to take every opportunity we can to make it happen.

Just a thought...

Sean
12-08-2007, 09:12 PM
That is a good idea and a common tactic in elections. If you know someone that doesn't care about politics get them to register to vote. Drive them to the polls to vote for Ron Paul. Buy them dinner afterwards.

NewEnd
12-08-2007, 09:14 PM
good idea... really good idea.

trey4sports
12-08-2007, 09:15 PM
excellent, i will definitely get out and utilize this strategy.

AtomiC
12-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Good idea, I may just use it. ;)

trey4sports
12-08-2007, 09:22 PM
i think we need too really push this idea, cheap and very effective imagine if were realistically at 20% in Iowa and we EACH bring a friend or two to vote and end up doubling our score!?

pass this idea around each forum you go too and by word of mouth!!!

ReallyNow
12-08-2007, 09:28 PM
i think we need too really push this idea, cheap and very effective imagine if were realistically at 20% in Iowa and we EACH bring a friend or two to vote and end up doubling our score!?

pass this idea around each forum you go too and by word of mouth!!!

I'm just hoping a lot of people don't have me on ignore for my blimp comments. If so, they won't even see this thread :confused:

ReallyNow
12-08-2007, 10:07 PM
bump

bbachtung
12-08-2007, 10:10 PM
I've enlisted three other people who aren't necessarily interested in voting in the primary through sheer force of will. One is a younger sibling and the other two are friends. They saw how passionate I am about Ron Paul so I asked them if they would be willing to come with me to vote and have dinner afterward (I think the free dinner might've been the tipping point! :D) In all honesty they have no interest in politics and certainly not in voting for any candidate but I told them how important it was to me.

If we can bring one, two or more people with us to vote the numbers would grow like crazy. Parents aren't interested in voting? Talk with them about it and see if they would come. Siblings? same thing.

I know it seems like stacking the deck but this it too important not to take every opportunity we can to make it happen.

Just a thought...

Just in case he's on your ignore list.

bbachtung
12-08-2007, 10:11 PM
I'm just hoping a lot of people don't have me on ignore for my blimp comments. If so, they won't even see this thread :confused:

I took care of it for you.

shrapnel88
12-08-2007, 10:13 PM
entire meetup groups should go together.

NewEnd
12-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Find apathetic people, take themout to vote for Paul, buy them dinner
worth it

I think the Political machines do this on a large scale, when they bus in old folks.

szczebrzeszyn
12-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Good points. When we had elections in my country (and we needed to change the ruling party - we, mostly the young people), the first thing I did was contacting my sister, parents and close friends with a question, if they happen to vote for the "right" party. And guess what - we won. It's been 2 months since the election day and the losers still don't know what happened (it was literally the rise of the youth - the biggest % of youth voters in the history of our democracy). So yes, motivate people and offer to go WITH them to cast a vote. Young people are so lazy! :)