PDA

View Full Version : Romney: I hope we get to see Libertarian candidates on the debate stage

donnay
09-07-2016, 04:20 PM
Romney: I hope we get to see Libertarian candidates on the debate stage

By Al Weaver (@alweaver22) 9/7/16 5:22 PM

Former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney called for Libertarian nominee Gary Johnson to appear on the debate stage alongside major party candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump in late September.

In a tweet, Romney argued that Johnson, a former two-term governor of New Mexico, and Bill Weld, a former two-term governor of Massachusetts, should appear in the presidential and vice presidential debates.

"I hope voters get to see former GOP Governors Gary Johnson and Bill Weld on the debate stages this fall," Romney tweeted.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/romney-i-hope-we-get-to-see-libertarian-candidates-on-the-debate-stage/article/2601207?custom_click=rss

undergroundrr
09-07-2016, 04:23 PM
Me too, Mitt.

phill4paul
09-07-2016, 04:34 PM
But not Jill Stein? Hell, Trump's one upped Romney even on this one.

donnay
09-07-2016, 05:11 PM

One upping Romney really isn't that hard to do.

Chester Copperpot
09-07-2016, 05:44 PM
these libertarian left handed endorsements from the likes of romney and gwb just make me think johnsons already been compromised or the LP as a party already has been

CaptUSA
09-07-2016, 05:50 PM
these libertarian left handed endorsements from the likes of romney and gwb just make me think johnsons already been compromised or the LP as a party already has been

I really think they're hoping that they can get Johnson to take a state or two in order to prevent Hillary from getting to 270. Then they can just have the Congress pick whoever they want. I doubt that will happen, but from their point of view, it's gotta look like the only possible way out of this mess.

Chester Copperpot
09-07-2016, 05:55 PM
I really think they're hoping that they can get Johnson to take a state or two in order to prevent Hillary from getting to 270. Then they can just have the Congress pick whoever they want. I doubt that will happen, but from their point of view, it's gotta look like the only possible way out of this mess.

Agreed.. Forcing a vote in the House is a win for the establishment.. Most Americans dont even know this is a possibility Im sure.

donnay
09-07-2016, 05:58 PM

They cannot afford another Ron Paul candidate, therefore the LP has been compromised. Even Rand steered clear from Libertarian-type thinking in this election run. In 2007, Ron Paul was able to shine a light on the cockroaches and they went scrambling back to their drawing boards to make sure Dr. Paul or anyone like-minded ever gains any traction again.

Romney is not a friend of Liberty and never was.

eleganz
09-07-2016, 07:56 PM
Romney hates Trump, hates Clinton, likes Weld.

Sure the establishment has a preference and is trying desperate to get any semblance of a preferred outcome but not everything is a fking conspiracy people.

Why the hell is this about Ron Paul all of a sudden? Who is Romney trying to stop? Trump? the new Ron Paul? LOL

donnay
09-07-2016, 08:09 PM
Romney hates Trump, hates Clinton, likes Weld.

Sure the establishment has a preference and is trying desperate to get any semblance of a preferred outcome but not everything is a fking conspiracy people.

Why the hell is this about Ron Paul all of a sudden? Who is Romney trying to stop? Trump? the new Ron Paul? LOL

Because Romney doesn't give a shit about what a Libertarian has to say, if he did, he would have listened to Ron Paul. Romney is interested in carrying the secret societies water--that's it, that's all.

Ron even mentioned that in an interview with Neil Cavuto tonight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaRzVl5VaxQ

euphemia
09-07-2016, 08:29 PM
He should have thought about this last fall when there was one actually running for president.

eleganz
09-07-2016, 08:59 PM
Because Romney doesn't give a $#@! about what a Libertarian has to say, if he did, he would have listened to Ron Paul. Romney is interested in carrying the secret societies water--that's it, that's all.

Ron even mentioned that in an interview with Neil Cavuto tonight:

I think we all know Romney doesn't give a shit about us and its been common knowledge for years now so why is it even worth repeating?

Stop making everything about Ron Paul, jesus, the guy is retired.

donnay
09-07-2016, 09:10 PM
I think we all know Romney doesn't give a $#@! about us and its been common knowledge for years now so why is it even worth repeating?

Stop making everything about Ron Paul, jesus, the guy is retired.

It's worth repeating because Romney is trying to say Gary Johnson should be heard. That right there is a joke in of itself. Romney sure wasn't concerned with what REAL Libertarians had to say before, which proves to me he is just shilling for the globalists.

Dr. Paul may be retired, but he is certainly not forgotten. He will go down in the history books as the man everyone should have listened to because he was right 99.9% of the time about the direction this country was heading.

donnay
09-07-2016, 09:11 PM
He should have thought about this last fall when there was one actually running for president.

Exactly! Many people just don't get it.

William Tell
09-07-2016, 09:54 PM
One upping Romney really isn't that hard to do.

Weld is like Romney's evil twin.

Brian4Liberty
09-07-2016, 10:03 PM
Lots of neocons and RINOs have all of a sudden discovered the Libertarian Party. Imagine that.

Brian4Liberty
09-07-2016, 10:04 PM

Stein and Castle both.