PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Banners

Razmear
06-30-2007, 12:35 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ron-Paul-Revolution-Banner-8x3-Made-on-Tyvek_W0QQitemZ330141057880QQihZ014QQcategoryZ3972 3QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Our local meetup group made 16 of these in about 2 hours at our last meeting.
One of them is up for auction on Ebay, if they start selling, then any profit will be used to make more banners and to fund our campaign war chest in upstate South Carolina.

The guys with the template might be able to crank out more for you if you can use them locally. The most time consuming part seems to be putting in the grommets as we could paint 4 in the time it took to grommet one.

We will be doing the Ron Paul overnight in our area with many of these big banners showing up around Greenville, SC.

eb

UtahApocalypse
06-30-2007, 12:39 PM
We are making 100 of these today. They will be used in the Overnight Sign blitz. We are using used billboard material that is very durable and does not even need grommets, just holes. The billboards were available from a local billboard sign company and each one can be cut to make about 70 signs and only cost $20.

Razmear
06-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Do you know what the Lowes or Home Depot equivilent of this 'Billboard material' is?

How big are the 70 signs you are getting for $20 in material?

If anyone else has any ideas on making cheap signage for the overnight, please add them to this thread. I'll point my meetup group to it so they can get more ideas as well.

eb

d'anconia
06-30-2007, 02:15 PM
I'm currently making a lot of these at a size of 40"x10' (so 3 1/3 ft x 10 ft) off of a role of Tyvek that was 10' x 150' long. The Tyvek cost ~$120 and although I'm putting grommets in it... it really isn't necessary. Tyvek is incredibly durable and doesn't not rip easily even if you TRY to rip it.

The stencil was the hardest part. Let me know if you have any other questions (btw I used linoleum for the stencil but it doesn't stay completely flat, it flexes, which can become an issue if you're a perfectionist).