PDA

View Full Version : WTF? Blacks only housing.

tod evans
09-06-2016, 07:13 PM
Calif. university latest to establish 'black-only' housing

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/06/calif-university-latest-to-establish-black-only-housing.html

A California university is the latest public school of higher education to establish “black-only” co-ed housing in response to demands from African-American students seeking refuge from what they consider insensitive remarks and “microaggressions” from their white classmates.

California State University Los Angeles established the segregated housing for black students in time for the current school year, according to The College Fix. The school complied with demands issued nine months ago by the university’s Black Student Union.

“[It] would provide a cheaper alternative housing solution for Black students,” read one of the union’s demands. “This space would also serve as a safe space for [black students] to congregate, connect, and learn from each other.”

The newly debuted Halisi Scholars Black Living-Learning Community “focuses on academic excellence and learning experiences that are inclusive and non-discriminatory,” Cal State LA spokesman Robert Lopez told The College Fix.

University of Connecticut and UC Davis and Berkeley also offer black-only housing. In February, FoxNews.com reported that UConn’s main campus in Storrs launched a program slated for fall in which 40 black male undergraduates live together in on-campus housing.

Proponents believe the students can draw on their common experiences to support one another. Critics cringe at the idea of black-only housing, saying it turns decades of hard-fought racial progress on its head.

Niger Innis, the national spokesperson for the Congress of Racial Equality, said UConn may be unintentionally creating an atmosphere where black students are “the other.”

“If they wanted to go to an all-black institution, there are plenty of historically black colleges that still exist,” he told FoxNews.com. “But if they want to go to an institution that is racially diverse and integrated, then racial diversity and integration is part of it. To have a university-sanctioned segregation or separation is, to me, a bit troubling.”

The Halisi Scholars Black Living-Learning Community will be within the 192 furnished apartments on campus. Other communities tied by specific themes have their own housing, though none are designated by race.

CSULA’s Housing Services page calls it an effort to “enhance the residential experience for students who are a part of or interested in issues of concern to the black community living on campus by offering the opportunity to connect with faculty and peers, and engage in programs that focus on academic success, cultural awareness, and civic engagement.”

On its Instagram page, the Halisi community called it a “long overdue, but well deserved” achievement, Young America’s Foundation reported.

Students who seek to live in Halisi must agree to “respect the differences of others that live in my community and look for positive thing to learn from them,” “be an advocate for change if the tools and resources available are deemed inadequate,” and “accept that I am still learning and need to be open to new ideas and experiences.”

On its housing page, the school said, "We currently have a long wait list and are no longer accepting applications for Housing for the fall 2016 semester."

oyarde
09-06-2016, 07:28 PM
Are Fed tax dollars going to these Universities ?

John F Kennedy III
09-06-2016, 07:30 PM
Re-segregation

Danke
09-06-2016, 07:30 PM
How about those that identify as being black are they allowed in?

Danke
09-06-2016, 07:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2nQtbUuKY4

Schifference
09-06-2016, 07:37 PM
What about White only living accommodations for those that feel insensitive remarks and “micro aggressions” from black people?

tod evans
09-06-2016, 07:44 PM
What about White only living accommodations for those that feel insensitive remarks and “micro aggressions” from black people?

Racist!

AZJoe
09-06-2016, 08:13 PM
The newly debuted Halisi Scholars Black Living-Learning Community aka Jim Crow Hall.

Origanalist
09-06-2016, 08:15 PM

Check your privilege at the door honky.

Origanalist
09-06-2016, 08:19 PM
These idiots are going to get a race war out of this stupidity.

Brian4Liberty
09-06-2016, 08:20 PM
We need a name for this. Let's call it "separate but equal". :rolleyes:

Brian4Liberty
09-06-2016, 08:22 PM

You mean useful idiots. The Alinksy leftists want a race war. It's not an unintended consequence, it's a means to their ends.

oyarde
09-06-2016, 08:25 PM
If there are any tax dollars in this , it is a No Go as far as I am concerned.

adissa
09-06-2016, 08:27 PM
Everyone here should reconsider embracing this, especially those of us who prefer to live in white only communities. Once the blacks are living in "blacks only" communities, guess what happens to the other neighborhoods?

puppetmaster
09-06-2016, 08:35 PM
These idiots are going to get a race war out of this stupidity. think it is part of the plan.

oyarde
09-06-2016, 08:42 PM
Everyone here should reconsider embracing this, especially those of us who prefer to live in white only communities. Once the blacks are living in "blacks only" communities, guess what happens to the other neighborhoods?

I could care less if it is voluntary and I am not paying for it .

Danke
09-06-2016, 09:23 PM
Check your privilege at the door honky.

He is Asian.

luctor-et-emergo
09-06-2016, 09:26 PM
Racism.

enhanced_deficit
09-06-2016, 09:35 PM
Quite surprising if this is for real.. at least in legal terms. Thought this kind of racial situations occured in US tax payers funded modern democracies like Israel but not here.

Related

Supreme Court Backs Jews-only Housing in Jaffa Neighborhood
Court rejects appeal by Jaffa residents, human rights groups challenging leasing land to company specializing in housing for religious Zionist community.

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/supreme-court-backs-jews-only-housing-in-jaffa-neighborhood-1.323421

ZENemy
09-06-2016, 09:36 PM
yea but Hitler and the kkk, guys!

also the crusades and the native Americans!

Schifference
09-07-2016, 06:22 AM
Maybe much smarter than your average libertarian.
They are getting their wishes/demands met.
They are not even paying for what they are getting.
I am confident that their demands are not all inclusive meaning they are not demanding that all black people live with other black people. The ones that want to live with whitey have that right.

Schifference
09-07-2016, 06:25 AM
He is Asian.

Only if Cauc Asian is considered Asian.

presence
09-07-2016, 07:11 AM
If a white person is visiting can they use the water fountain?

tod evans
09-07-2016, 07:11 AM
Maybe much smarter than your average libertarian.
They are getting their wishes/demands met.
They are not even paying for what they are getting.
I am confident that their demands are not all inclusive meaning they are not demanding that all black people live with other black people. The ones that want to live with whitey have that right.

Switch the roles and if you get your dander up then there's something askew...

Schifference
09-07-2016, 07:24 AM
Black students should demand that they can open carry on campus for their own safety. They should also demand that the guns they carry be provided to them free of charge with ammunition of course.

asurfaholic
09-07-2016, 11:15 AM
It's California. What else do you expect from that upside down laughingstock of a state?

Brian4Liberty
09-07-2016, 11:41 AM
If a white person is visiting can they use the water fountain?

Would they have a visiting room for visitors of other races? Persons of other races would not be allowed to be in most of the building, as that would violate the intent of the exclusively black environment.

Jamesiv1
09-07-2016, 11:44 AM
Black students should demand that they can open carry on campus for their own safety. They should also demand that the guns they carry be provided to them free of charge with ammunition of course.
"I got me an Obama-gun!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax-2i71bqGw

fisharmor
09-07-2016, 11:52 AM
There was a TV show about this in the 70s.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/goodtimes/images/c/cc/Good_times.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130613035111

DamianTV
09-07-2016, 01:45 PM
Extension of BLM

Two things happen with the spread of the idea of Black Lives Matter.

#1 - The first is stated explicitly: Black Lives Matter, thus, they want to be recognized as human beings and treated with equal respect as others, and Im fine with that. The behavior of some supporters may leave something to be desired however. And this is because of what happens when you read between the lines, which seems to be validated with less than respectful behavior.

#2 - White Lives DONT Matter - That is the second important foundation of the idea. Some people, not all, interpret BLM as an Exclusive Club, whose members are granted entry based on skin color alone, it allows for the conversion of Rights into Privileges, and excludes any white people from having equal rights as black. Again, that is how it is interpreted by a few, but not all.

The important thing to recognize here is it is a DIVIDE AND CONQUER strategy. Perhaps a White Lives Matter is also highly racist, perhaps not, but the same problem would exist with WLM as with BLM, and that is the creation of an exclusive club that converts Rights to Privileges. If we really wanted to embrace equal rights of all people regardless of skin color, ethnicity, language, religion, sex, or orientation, All Lives Matter is the only concept that would fundamentally support the concepts and ideas of a Republic of truly Free People.

dean.engelhardt
09-07-2016, 01:47 PM
Tax dollars or not, housing discrimination based on races is a federal offense. Should be interesting.

Jamesiv1
09-07-2016, 01:52 PM
There was a TV show about this in the 70s.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/goodtimes/images/c/cc/Good_times.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130613035111
Back when this show was popular, I predicted the downfall of Black America and that it would lead to Obama-phones and Obama-guns.

Danke
09-07-2016, 07:12 PM
Back when this show was popular, I predicted the downfall of Black America and that it would lead to Obama-phones and Obama-guns.

I remember you posting that

nobody's_hero
09-08-2016, 08:51 AM
How about those that identify as being black are they allowed in?

This is actually a good question. I don't see why they wouldn't, seeing as how we let guys with penises into the ladies' rooms because they 'identify' as females.

tod evans
09-08-2016, 08:56 AM
This is actually a good question. I don't see why they wouldn't, seeing as how we let guys with penises into the ladies' rooms because they 'identify' as females.

There are different degrees of protected status.........