PDA

View Full Version : Phyllis Schlafly died today :(

LibertyEagle
09-05-2016, 05:59 PM
Statement on the Death of Phyllis Schlafly

Today, Phyllis Schlafly passed away in the presence of her family at her home in St. Louis, Missouri.

An​ iconic​ American​ leader​ whose love for America was surpassed only by her love of God and her family​​,​ Phyllis Schlafly, an ​indomitable pro-family grassroots advocate and organizer, was ​92 years old. ​Mrs. Schlafly was preceded in death by her beloved husband Fred and​ is survived by six children a​long with 16 grand and ​3 ​great grandchildren.

​Phyllis ​Schlafly ​spent​ an astounding 70 years ​in public service ​of ​her fellow Americans. Her focus from her earliest days until her final ones was​ protecting ​the​ ​family, which she understood as the building block of life. She recognized America as the greatest political embodiment of those ​values. From military superiority and defense to immigration and trade; from unborn life to the nuclear family and parenthood, Phyllis Schlafly​​​ was a courageous and articulate voice for common sense and traditional values. She authored 27 books and thousands of articles. She spoke tens of thousands of times across the United States.​

Her joy in life was evident to all through her smile and wit. Funeral arrangements are pending.

One of her key issues was defeating the Law of the Sea Treaty and another was getting the federal government out of education.

Rest in peace, Phyllis.

http://speakerdata.s3.amazonaws.com/photo/image/839838/Phyllis-Schlafly.jpg

Natural Citizen
09-05-2016, 06:02 PM
Mm. Yeah. Sad day indeed. Thanks for the heads up, LE. I hadn't read anythig about this.

LibertyEagle
09-05-2016, 06:07 PM
Mm. Yeah. Sad day indeed. Thanks for the heads up, LE. I hadn't read anythig about this.

Just received it from Eagle Forum via email. Press release coming out shortly.

euphemia
09-05-2016, 06:43 PM
How sad.

donnay
09-05-2016, 06:59 PM
Sad day indeed. Go with God, Phyllis. :(

TER
09-05-2016, 07:12 PM
A great patriot. May she rest in peace.

Matt Collins
09-05-2016, 07:33 PM
On a communist holiday no less.... ironic and tragic

Danke
09-05-2016, 10:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPwTpiX-8ZU

lilymc
09-05-2016, 10:11 PM
:(

Matt Collins
09-06-2016, 08:00 AM
What did she know about the Clinton e-mail server?

Lucille
09-06-2016, 08:54 AM
RIP, Phyllis.

I bet Ted Cruz and his minions threw a party.

http://chuckbaldwinlive.com/Articles/tabid/109/ID/3455/They-Are-For-War.aspx

http://www.infowars.com/roger-stone-cruz-campaign-behind-mugging-of-schlafly/

ronpaulhawaii
09-06-2016, 09:10 AM
While I will respectfully offer a RIP and acknowledge she was a force in her earlier years, her reputation here in STL was diminished after throwing roadblocks in the way of the Paul supporters; going as far as threatening to have a delegate trainer fired if she trained Paul supporters... The trainer backed out...

undergroundrr
09-06-2016, 09:34 AM
RIP and great respect to an amazing woman.

As noted above, her legacy is a mixed bag at best for lovers of liberty. Key figure in the #NeverPaul movement. Bonkers for trump. Ironically, her book on how great trump is comes out tomorrow. But I don't tend to judge someone by their libertarian purity.

Peace&Freedom
09-06-2016, 11:46 AM
RIP to a great champion for liberty. Her opposition to Paul is an unfortunate blemish upon an otherwise great career, probably the result of her pragmatism and focus on the "five magic Judges" approach to pushing back cultural liberalism. Although opposed to the establishment GOP, she did not regard Paul as the surest bet to win back the White House for judicial appointment purposes, as she kept her eyes on the Supreme Court situation probably too obsessively.

She knew if, say, McCain had won in 2008, the last two appointments would likely have been pro-life, anti-Obamacare and against imposing same-sex marriage on all the states. The court distraction has been a main element of the establishment wing's ability to hold the socons for decades, a situation that only now may be finally changing. More people, be they Schafly, Baldwin or otherwise have become aware that fighting off the kingmakers is a major key to making progress for liberty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU9z9zBerrU

NewRightLibertarian
09-06-2016, 11:49 AM
Schafly believing the nonsense that "conservatives will put in a better SCOTUS" was a black mark on her record. Fantastic lady though overall. I like to re-hash this quote for the liberaltarians out there whenever possible -

"During my years in Congress, my staff worked closely with Phyllis's Eagle Forum on restoring parental control of education, protecting American sovereignty, and protecting privacy. Phyllis was one of the few conservative leaders who endorsed my campaign to return to Congress in 1996. Her support was very helpful in overcoming the Republican establishment's smear campaign designed to convince Republican primary voters that my consistent support of the Constitution and individual liberty somehow meant I was not a "real" Republican." - Ron Paul

Lucille
09-06-2016, 12:03 PM
Good quote, thanks, sarge.

I was hoping for more from PJB than a promotion of her new book on Trump.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/buchanan/phyllis-schlaflys-last-word/

In 1964, Phyllis Schlafly of Alton, Ill., mother of six, wrote and published a slim volume entitled A Choice Not an Echo.

Backing the candidacy of Sen. Barry Goldwater, the book was a polemic against the stranglehold the eastern liberal establishment had held on the Republican nomination for decades.

A Choice sold 3 million copies.

Schlafly went on to lead the campaign to derail the Equal Rights Amendment, which, with 35 states having ratified, was just three states short of being added to our Constitution.

Pro-ERA forces never added another state. Phyllis, who at 20 was testing weapons at a munitions plant in World War II, shot it dead.

Matt Collins
09-06-2016, 04:14 PM
In all seriousness, she was a mixed bag

Nirvikalpa
09-06-2016, 04:56 PM
Yeah, definitely not a fan, but RIP none the less.

helmuth_hubener
09-07-2016, 11:23 AM
Schafly believing the nonsense that "conservatives will put in a better SCOTUS" was a black mark on her record.

I believe that conservatives would choose a better court.

NewRightLibertarian
09-07-2016, 01:13 PM
I believe that conservatives would choose a better court.

The evidence hasn't borne out your conclusion over the years.

euphemia
09-07-2016, 01:19 PM
Some of you all might not be old enough to remember the Equal Rights Amendment. I am grateful for the way she brought gracious and valiant opposition there.

euphemia
09-08-2016, 04:57 PM
She was a courageous woman, for sure. She never backed down from Phil Donahue in a time when he was not shy about shredding Christians. I think he respected her intelligence and integrity.

bunklocoempire
09-09-2016, 02:10 PM
Phyllis Schlafly sounds familiar to me, but I don't think I've run across her since the 1970's -I recall the Donahue/feminist days as a kid, and maybe catching something on TV.

Humbling yourself to fill a role well, and living that role to compliment and help those around you.
Human pride hates all that humble stuff -just look at all the humility movements...

She resisted the best she knew how, had fears like the rest of us, and suggested strength through humility.

It's always fun to see the crowd reaction when someone suggests strength through humility. lol