PDA

View Full Version : It looks like C4L is about to roll over.

HVACTech
08-31-2016, 09:16 PM
I'll get right to it. I'm asking you for your help with a quick $5 donation.

Fighting the statists is expensive, and C4L has been bled dry.

Norm Singleton and I have been on the phone non-stop over the past few weeks. And we have a plan, but to remain afloat, we need to raise $255,000 by September 15.

You and I have to make a move now or risk closing our doors.

The deadline is September 15, but I'm raising as much as possible before the Labor Day Weekend.

So can you please chip in just $5 by clicking the link below?

I really need 52 grassroots donors from your state to step up.

Will you chip in?

Chip in $5 immediately >>

Chip in $35 immediately >>

Chip in $50 immediately >>

Chip in $100 immediately >>

Chip in $250 immediately >>

Or donate another amount >>

Thank you, Kenneth.

-- Ron Paul

what is the "Official" position.. of RPF's and C4L?
is there one?
is this just another scam that I should avoid?
Like "voting harder"? :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fa4HUiFJ6c

angelatc
08-31-2016, 10:02 PM
I think the same thing. An email a few days ago came along with the resignation of someone pretty high up the chain. Sucks but if we all donated $1000 each we couldn't save it. At this point they're just trying to squeeze the last few drops from it. Looks like YAL is the future.

fisharmor
08-31-2016, 10:04 PM
The organizations I've given money to generally offer some sort of account of what they got done.
C4L was always really good at asking for money, and not really good at saying what they were trying to do with it, let alone whether it worked or not.

BamaAla
08-31-2016, 10:21 PM
I've been getting dire emails and letters from them (always signed Ron Paul) for years. If they are always in such bad shape, maybe they just need to die.

Feelgood
08-31-2016, 10:57 PM
Are they too big to fail?!

LibertyEagle
09-01-2016, 03:10 AM
The organizations I've given money to generally offer some sort of account of what they got done.
C4L was always really good at asking for money, and not really good at saying what they were trying to do with it, let alone whether it worked or not.

Yeah, they really dropped the ball on this aspect.

PaulConventionWV
09-01-2016, 08:05 AM
Yeah, they really dropped the ball on this aspect.

Dropped the ball? Well, pick it up! It's not like this is something they can't undo. Fix that shit and keep going!

presence
09-01-2016, 08:26 AM
c4l was founded by Ron and he's officially a chairman

We believe with Ludwig von Mises, Henry Hazlitt, and F.A. Hayek

http://www.campaignforliberty.org/about/

fcreature
09-01-2016, 09:08 AM
Donated to them early on after Ron formed it, however I don't really have a clue as to what they've accomplished or done beyond electronic "petitions" (aka lead gens). Will be sad to see them go, due to the 2008 memories, however it won't really phase me.

They're certainly not getting any more of my money.

angelatc
09-01-2016, 09:44 AM
According to today's emails they've raised enough cash to ensure a bright future in the foreseeable future. It's a miracle!

LibertyEagle
09-01-2016, 10:17 AM
Dropped the ball? Well, pick it up! It's not like this is something they can't undo. Fix that $#@! and keep going!

Who are you talking to? If you want to communicate with C4L, perhaps you should try sending them a message.

Anti Federalist
09-01-2016, 12:14 PM

I always disliked the low level grifting aspect of many of these "liberty" orgs.

fisharmor
09-01-2016, 02:54 PM
I always disliked the low level grifting aspect of many of these "liberty" orgs.

Low level?
After the fifth 16 page panic letter, I thought, hell, you guys are rivaling the NRA.....

NewRightLibertarian
09-01-2016, 03:34 PM
C4L's fundraising tactics are an embarrassment to the liberty movement. Their political training program (https://facl-training.org), on the other hand, is stellar.

PaulConventionWV
09-01-2016, 04:30 PM
Who are you talking to? If you want to communicate with C4L, perhaps you should try sending them a message.

Not you.

PierzStyx
09-01-2016, 04:32 PM

I feel like Ron is more involved with the RP Institute of Peace and Prosperity these days though. That is definitely the group I end up paying more attention to.

Matt Collins
09-01-2016, 05:20 PM
C4L has done a lot of things on a lot of local levels.... and on the federal level they have gotten Audit the Fed passed in Congress, and a vote on it in the Senate. If it passes the Senate it will be because of C4L

HVACTech
09-01-2016, 06:51 PM

Ron Paul is a "grifter"! :eek:

or, grifting does not suit Ron well? :confused:

HVACTech
09-01-2016, 06:56 PM

true that.
Ron also makes use of the word "statist" a lot.
hell, the spell check on RPF's does not recognize that word! LOL!

HVACTech
09-01-2016, 07:10 PM

I spent time and currency, along with many others, in an effort to "restore the Republic" and launch a "Campaign for Liberty".
and yes. in that order sir.

because, Liberty is possible, only in a Republic.

HVACTech
09-01-2016, 07:29 PM
C4L has done a lot of things on a lot of local levels.... and on the federal level they have gotten Audit the Fed passed in Congress, and a vote on it in the Senate. If it passes the Senate it will be because of C4L

Today, 9/1/16. how many on RPF's... know the difference between a "Democracy" and a "Republic"? :eek:
Ron Paul was all about education after all. I credit him for teaching me the difference. :)

how complex is this query? is it unreasonable of me. to expect a longtime member of RPF's to know this simple truth?

fisharmor
09-02-2016, 06:22 AM
Today, 9/1/16. how many on RPF's... know the difference between a "Democracy" and a "Republic"? :eek:
Ron Paul was all about education after all. I credit him for teaching me the difference. :)

how complex is this query? is it unreasonable of me. to expect a longtime member of RPF's to know this simple truth?

It's apparently a lot less complex than understanding how much it pisses everybody off for you to act like you know something more than we do. You're not the brightest bulb in the drawer here. We've all read the things you've read and we've all entertained the ideas that you are committed to, and rejected them because they failed. This isn't my opinion. This is objective reality. The idea that your're espousing is what we are supposed to have right now. It is what schools teach that we have right now. You are saying that you are in favor of what we have right now. You are saying that what we have right now is Liberty. This does not make you intelligent.

heavenlyboy34
09-02-2016, 07:31 PM
It's apparently a lot less complex than understanding how much it pisses everybody off for you to act like you know something more than we do. You're not the brightest bulb in the drawer here. We've all read the things you've read and we've all entertained the ideas that you are committed to, and rejected them because they failed. This isn't my opinion. This is objective reality. The idea that your're espousing is what we are supposed to have right now. It is what schools teach that we have right now. You are saying that you are in favor of what we have right now. You are saying that what we have right now is Liberty. This does not make you intelligent.+rep

Schifference
09-02-2016, 07:34 PM
Maybe they should make a contribution to the Clinton Foundation.