PDA

View Full Version : DEA Begins New Prohibition Against another Herb, Kratom

AZJoe
08-31-2016, 08:35 PM
DEA Begins New Prohibition Against another Herb
Adds Plant Kratom To Schedule 1 List Alongside Heroin
http://www.activistpost.com/2016/08/dea-adds-kratom-schedule-1-list-alongside-heroin.html

Fresh on the heels of the CDC labeling kratom as an emerging “public health threat,” the notoriously fascistic U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency has filed a notice of intent to not only list it as a controlled substance, but the DEA is planning to add it to the most restrictive classification possible. …

Kratom is not an opiate but functions in a similar manner ... The substance has been shown to alleviate chronic pain and anxiety as well as aid in overcoming addiction despite its own “euphoric effects.” …

The DEA is making its move after a few states toyed with the idea of placing kratom on their own controlled substances lists statewide, but failing to do so after public outcry got in the way. Never known for its attention to democracy, individual liberty or individual choice, the DEA is simply doing on a national level what Big Pharma and Big Government couldn’t do on a state level. …
http://www.wakingtimes.com/2016/08/31/dea-adds-kratom-schedule-1-list-alongside-heroin/

http://www.activistpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/kratom-tree-768x463.jpg

presence
08-31-2016, 08:41 PM
I was meaning to post something about this yesterday. What's really fucked about this is there are thousands of anecdotal stories online about people kicking heroin habits by transitioning to sober via kratom; of course the suboxone state capitalists can't have that.

John F Kennedy III
09-01-2016, 01:43 AM
I didn't know what it was before I opened this thread. But I want some Kratom.

Origanalist
09-01-2016, 02:14 AM

I never heard of it either, from WIKI;

Mitragyna speciosa, also known as ketum or kratom,[2] is a tropical deciduous and evergreen tree in the coffee family (Rubiaceae) native to Southeast Asia in the Indochina and Malaysia phytochoria (botanical regions). M. speciosa is indigenous to Thailand where it has been used in traditional medicine.[3]

Little research has been done on the health effects and it has no approved medical uses.[4][5] Some people use it for managing chronic pain, opioid withdrawal, or recreationally.[6][4] Effects last for between two and five hours.[4] Kratom use is not detected by typical drug screening tests, but its metabolites can be detected by more specialized testing.[7][8]

Minor side effects may include itchiness, vomiting, and constipation.[4] More severe side effects may include a decreased effort to breathe, seizure, addiction, and psychosis.[4] Other side effects include high heart rate and blood pressure, liver toxicity, and trouble sleeping.[9][10] Naloxone may be used to treat an overdose that results in a reduced effort to breathe.[4] In the United States between 2014 and 2016, 15 deaths have been associated with kratom use.[9] Though not an opiate itself, kratom is thought to behave similarly to an opiate like morphine.[5]

John F Kennedy III
09-01-2016, 02:29 AM
I never heard of it either, from WIKI;

Mitragyna speciosa, also known as ketum or kratom,[2] is a tropical deciduous and evergreen tree in the coffee family (Rubiaceae) native to Southeast Asia in the Indochina and Malaysia phytochoria (botanical regions). M. speciosa is indigenous to Thailand where it has been used in traditional medicine.[3]

Little research has been done on the health effects and it has no approved medical uses.[4][5] Some people use it for managing chronic pain, opioid withdrawal, or recreationally.[6][4] Effects last for between two and five hours.[4] Kratom use is not detected by typical drug screening tests, but its metabolites can be detected by more specialized testing.[7][8]

Minor side effects may include itchiness, vomiting, and constipation.[4] More severe side effects may include a decreased effort to breathe, seizure, addiction, and psychosis.[4] Other side effects include high heart rate and blood pressure, liver toxicity, and trouble sleeping.[9][10] Naloxone may be used to treat an overdose that results in a reduced effort to breathe.[4] In the United States between 2014 and 2016, 15 deaths have been associated with kratom use.[9] Though not an opiate itself, kratom is thought to behave similarly to an opiate like morphine.[5]

Yeah nevermind.

Suzanimal
09-01-2016, 10:19 AM
Various forms of kratom and teas made from the plant’s leaves are sold in cafes and on the internet. Their primary effect is to provide a short-lived peaceful and calm feeling that is described as pleasant. Consistent with this effect being opioid-like, anecdotal reports indicate that some users have used kratom to successfully recover from physical and psychological dependence on prescription opioids and heroin. Comments on my last report on kratom have also indicated the successful use of teas made from the plant in managing chronic pain without the side effects and addictive potential of prescription opioids like oxycodone, hydrocodone and morphine.

In the last two months, published research has pointed to why kratom might be a useful and safer alternative to prescription opioids. The main component of the herb, the alkaloid mitragynine, and its metabolite and oxidation product, 7-hydroxymitragynine, produce an effect on the mu subtype of opioid receptors away from many of the mechanisms that cause many opioid side effects. These alkaloids are now shown to be so-called G-protein biased ligands at the mu opioid receptor. This effect minimizes the engagement of an intracellular protein called beta-arrestin that among other effects, causes a reduction in opioid receptors on the surface of cells, leading to the tolerance and dose escalation commonly seen with prescription opioids.

The CDC has reported in July that kratom can be abused and that poison control centers have received over 660 calls between 2010 and 2015 regarding kratom intoxication. This report has been criticized as being relatively inconsequential given the small number of cases when compared with other legal and illegal intoxicants. In some cases listed as kratom intoxication, other illicit drugs were taken by the individuals.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidkroll/2016/08/30/dea-to-place-kratom-mitragynine-on-schedule-i-premature-move-may-compromise-research-benefits/#71c9f0407924

TheTexan
09-01-2016, 10:53 AM
I was meaning to post something about this yesterday. What's really fucked about this is there are thousands of anecdotal stories online about people kicking heroin habits by transitioning to sober via kratom; of course the suboxone state capitalists can't have that.

All drugs are bad and should be banned

Except those manufactured by Pfizer/J&J/Merck then its OK

Keith and stuff
09-01-2016, 12:54 PM
The federal government is encouraging more children to take expensive opioids that you get on several lists if you take. At the same time, the federal government is banning a safer, less expensive item. An item that helps people get off of opioids. This is President Obama making the drug and crime problems worse. He is at fault.

TheTexan
09-01-2016, 12:56 PM
At the same time, the federal government is banning a safer, less expensive item.

If it's so safe and inexpensive, then why doesn't a pharmaceutical company spend 10 years and $2.6 billion dollars doing drug trials to bring it to market ???

Dr.3D
09-01-2016, 01:32 PM
But the government doesn't want anything standing in the way in their Heroin business. We have to remember, our soldiers are in Afghanistan, helping them grow poppies.

Slave Mentality
09-01-2016, 01:36 PM

Didn't catch me a buzz.

ThePaleoLibertarian
09-01-2016, 08:05 PM
This is absolutely horrendous. I used kratom to treat a chronic pain condition and I was able to get off of painkillers completely because of it. I was never addicted, but they were killing my soul. Kratom gave me myself back. I'm stocking up as much as I can.

Sign the petition and at least make Obama comment on it before it goes away:
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/please-do-not-make-kratom-schedule-i-substance

Working Poor
09-02-2016, 04:46 AM
Where can it be bought?

William Tell
09-02-2016, 06:19 AM
If it wasn't for the DEA and the media 95% wouldn't know what any of these drugs are.

tod evans
09-02-2016, 07:15 AM
If it wasn't for the DEA and the media 95% wouldn't know what any of these drugs are.

They keep each other in beans.......And Cadillac's, and guns and vacation homes and and.........

RJB
09-02-2016, 03:06 PM
This is really wrong. This is a powerful herb with many good qualities.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
09-02-2016, 05:39 PM
If you don't have a real demon, then you manufacture one.

RJB
09-02-2016, 05:51 PM
Didn't catch me a buzz.

That's what's so stupid about the ban. It doesn't make someone intoxicated in most cases.

The white vein strains tend to be energizing. When I'm working on writing a novel, I enjoy this type. I usually get a clean energy without the jitters

Red veins tend to be more relaxing and good for pain.

Green veins are somewhere in the middle.

The Meang Da varieties are the closest you can get to a "high" or a dopey feeling.

I know people who have gotten off of opiates (both prescribed and illegal) I personally have known vets who dealt with PTSD with kratom without the side effects of pharms and it's pretty cheap-- that will change shortly...

It can become addicting, but so is coffee. It is self limiting, in that a person will get sick and vomit if they take too much instead of falling asleep and ODing on narcs. There is a lot that this plant has to offer. It is pure corporate tyrannical evil that they are outlawing this.

AZJoe
09-10-2016, 05:54 PM
Is Big Pharma’s Patents on Kratom Alkaloids Real Reason DEA is Banning Kratom
http://www.thedailyliberator.com/big-pharmas-patents-kratom-alkaloids-expose-real-reason-dea-banning-plant/#R1uFh8Q0t2ty884H.99

"Currently, the pharmaceutical industry is using kratom alkaloids to manufacture synthetic opioids. … three synthetic opioids, in particular, were synthesized from the alkaloids in kratom from 2008- 2016: MGM-9, MGM-15, and MGM-16. They were synthesized from kratom’s alkaloids Mitragynine and 7-Hydroxymitragynine: to make what is essentially patentable, pharmaceutical kratom. …

The patent was filed by Smith Kline, of Glaxo Smith Kline, & French Laboratories. … As the legal pain medication epidemic sweeps the nation killing thousands every year and converting its users into heroin addicts, the pharmaceutical companies are scrambling to find an alternative. Kratom could be that alternative.

However, since kratom can be grown in your backyard, pharmaceutical companies can’t monopolize it — unless the government outlaws it."

Valli6
09-10-2016, 06:38 PM
Before it's illegal, where can I buy some - or even better, some plants or seeds?
Is Kratom something I might find in a chinese grocery store? Where should I look for it?

AZJoe
10-18-2018, 06:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cnBfto_PAU