PDA

View Full Version : FEC-compliant Jeremiah Black ads released

kylejack
12-08-2007, 06:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlTbnW6skdA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3FMtTfYA0A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfOfhqVQEa8

Donate at opnh.org to get them on the air.

Man from La Mancha
12-08-2007, 06:38 PM
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/9895/nhqc1.jpg (opnh.org)

LibertyEagle
12-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Those are great ads.

aknappjr
12-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Strong work.

Zydeco
12-08-2007, 06:57 PM
The first ad needs models who are more attractive.

Zydeco
12-08-2007, 06:58 PM
If you play the first one with the volume off it could be a Gap ad!

kylejack
12-08-2007, 06:58 PM
They look good. Does need some multi-culturalism, though.

LibertyEagle
12-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Will someone PLEASE made a TV ad and a couple of radio ads with Barry Goldwater, Jr.???

Note: It just dawned on me that in some states, it might really play to have Goldwater speaking about Paul and then end the commercial with something like.... "We got it wrong in '64. Let's not repeat that mistake again. Vote Ron Paul for President."

ItsTime
12-08-2007, 07:06 PM
will these be played in New Hampshire as well?

kylejack
12-08-2007, 07:09 PM

Yes, if more money gets raised.

BillyDkid
12-08-2007, 07:11 PM
12/9/2007
Receipt ID 584104b668c817b8
Paid By: Douglas Carkuff (lcarkuff@stny.rr.com)
For: Even MORE Iowa T.V. Ads
Method: PayPal (lcarkuff@stny.rr.com)
Total: $50.00

rollingpig
12-08-2007, 07:14 PM
i like #3 the best!

ItsTime
12-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Agreed

Emailing many Ron Paul mailing lists right now lets see if I can work a little magic.

Yes, if more money gets raised.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-08-2007, 07:16 PM
I sent an email to Chris. But if you're able, can you please organize hires version of these for me please. They don't have to be the FEC versions. Much thanks.

kylejack
12-08-2007, 07:19 PM
I sent an email to Chris. But if you're able, can you please organize hires version of these for me please. They don't have to be the FEC versions. Much thanks.

Contact Jeremiah through his Youtube account for this. He has them.

literatim
12-08-2007, 07:21 PM

No it doesn't.

kylejack
12-08-2007, 07:23 PM
No it doesn't.
Studies have repeatedly shown that cultural identity is still very relevant. Its the reason that people use models of different races to promote different products. Its not all about the message, because many people don't look at just the message, sad as that is.

ItsTime
12-08-2007, 07:27 PM
They also need older people. Everyone wants to look at an ad and see something they can relate to even if it is subconscious.

Studies have repeatedly shown that cultural identity is still very relevant. Its the reason that people use models of different races to promote different products. Its not all about the message, because many people don't look at just the message, sad as that is.

yongrel
12-08-2007, 07:32 PM
I love these ads. If I weren't broke, I would donate in a heartbeat!

literatim
12-08-2007, 07:38 PM

You are right. There is a target audience for different products and this is a Republican primary.

Iowa is 96% white, New Hampshire in 98% white.

The Republican base of the Reagan era was made up of 96% whites. In 2004, George W. Bush's Republican base was 90% white. In 2004, the entire US electorate was 80% white.

kylejack
12-08-2007, 07:43 PM
You are right. There is a target audience for different products and this is a Republican primary.

The Republican base of the Reagan era was made up of 96% whites. In 2004, George W. Bush's Republican base was 90% white. In 2004, the entire US electorate was 80% white.

Yes, and Bush almost lost the 2004 election. Time for a new course.

Lord Xar
12-08-2007, 07:43 PM
The last ad is really good. The first two are good too, but look a little stiff.

BUT besides that..

I believe that the lack of branding needs to be addressed. You only see "ron paul" written at the end, and no note to a webaddress or phone number.

About half way thru the ad, once his name is mentioned - I would then fade in the web address and campaign phone number and just have it there lower right.... people will look further if given an opportunity. If you don't put that info... we know people are lazy and might not take the time to find how to contact him.. via the web/phone. my 2 cents..

fortilite
12-08-2007, 07:47 PM

We're bringing out new votes, not just recycling Regan and Bush.

literatim
12-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Yes, and Bush almost lost the 2004 election. Time for a new course.

The Republican Party did a course change. The new strategy was to try an appeal to a growing minority vote that was by the majority Democratic. They openly announced their intentions at various conventions. It is why most of the Republicans are so soft on illegal immigration despite the outcry from the majority of people. It is one of their reasons for the shift to big government and increasing departments such as the Department of Education. Their hold on their original small government, overwhelmingly white, base slipped and it almost cost them the election twice.

cowb0y
12-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Great ads. #3 is the best, and should work very well for moderate Republicans/Democrats/Independents.

Please make a donation, this is better than the official campaign ad work!

+$100

krott5333
12-08-2007, 08:36 PM

:rolleyes:

they look fine to me

Jimmy
12-08-2007, 08:37 PM
Extremely important. Super looking ads that need to be run. Cannot understand why anyone would not want this to happen.:)

kylejack
12-08-2007, 08:38 PM
The Republican Party did a course change. The new strategy was to try an appeal to a growing minority vote that was by the majority Democratic. They openly announced their intentions at various conventions. It is why most of the Republicans are so soft on illegal immigrations despite the outcry from the majority of people. It is one of their reasons for the shift to big government and increasing departments such as the Department of Eduction. Their hold on their original small government, overwhelmingly white, base slipped and it almost cost them the election twice.
:rolleyes: We're talking about using models to market to people, not offering government handout programs. The first is a critical part of marketing and the latter is offensive and demeaning.

BlueGecko
12-08-2007, 08:40 PM
bump

bgoldwater
12-08-2007, 08:41 PM
These are so much better than the official ads.

torchbearer
12-08-2007, 08:47 PM
where can I get hi-res versions of those files?

Zydeco
12-08-2007, 08:49 PM

I was kidding

daviddee
12-08-2007, 09:20 PM

kylejack
12-08-2007, 09:21 PM
where can I get hi-res versions of those files?

Contact Jeremiah Black on his youtube account. He replies. He has hi-res NTSC versions.

Brennon
12-08-2007, 09:29 PM
As someone who is in the "model" business... Trust me when I say that the girl next-door/amateur looking females pull in more customers ;)

I was diggin' the brunette... :D

kylejack
12-08-2007, 09:30 PM
The blond model is deaf, by the way.

torchbearer
12-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Contact Jeremiah Black on his youtube account. He replies. He has hi-res NTSC versions.

messaged him. waiting.

Corydoras
12-08-2007, 09:59 PM
What a strange choice of music for #3-- a Bach hymn.
Not, perhaps, that most viewers will think of it that way.

torchbearer
12-08-2007, 10:12 PM
What a strange choice of music for #3-- a Bach hymn.
Not, perhaps, that most viewers will think of it that way.

I found it ironically appropriately...

torchbearer
12-08-2007, 10:25 PM
//

jblosser
12-08-2007, 10:29 PM
We just found out that one of the people working on this project is local to DFW and had him come by today to talk about what they're doing. They're sounding pretty desperate for the money and are having a hard time getting the grassroots attention vs. the blimp and the NH stuff.

They sound like they have a pretty solid plan for working some magic in Iowa with these ads and ground troops if they can get their funding. Anyone know if we can get their chipin added to the forum home page? This is bigger than some of the other ones currently up there IMO.

He also said they plan to refilm with different ethnicities for different markets -- again, if they get the funding.

jacmicwag
12-08-2007, 11:54 PM
I love ad #1 - the words and music ring true.

dt_
12-09-2007, 12:13 AM
These ads are FANTASTIC!! :D

Man from La Mancha
12-09-2007, 12:27 AM
We just found out that one of the people working on this project is local to DFW and had him come by today to talk about what they're doing. They're sounding pretty desperate for the money and are having a hard time getting the grassroots attention vs. the blimp and the NH stuff.

They sound like they have a pretty solid plan for working some magic in Iowa with these ads and ground troops if they can get their funding. Anyone know if we can get their chipin added to the forum home page? This is bigger than some of the other ones currently up there IMO.

He also said they plan to refilm with different ethnicities for different markets -- again, if they get the funding. I think is very important to market to various groups. Those ads are great for IA and NH. Washington DC is 70% black so I see no reason they can't make one of mostly black people. We are all individuals but as demographics prove we tend to hang out with people similar to our selves. This is a great project because in the long Run it will be grass roots that will make the best ads. I'll have donated.

All of these different ideas can make this possible, thank you for your efforts.. http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1539/blackwsmalldv3.gif (teaparty07.com)...ronpaulblimp.com (ronpaulblimp.com)...donate both

speciallyblend
12-09-2007, 03:50 AM
can someone pass this on to trevor or someone along the way,so we can get this going mainstream in the paul network

noztnac
12-09-2007, 04:19 AM

What do you mean more attractive??!!:confused:

Johncjackson
12-09-2007, 05:00 AM
This is my take, and please correct me if I am wrong.

Iowa and NH are mostly white, so I'm not sure that's a bad part of the ads. Though my first reaction seeing the ads was I wasnt sure about it being all young white people.

However, do Iowa and NH really need "hip" ads? My thought is they probably mostly ARE white people, but not THIS kind of white people.

When I think of Iowa, I dont think "hipster"- though this could just be my preconceived notions. Personally, I do not know anyone who looks or dresses like the people in the ad ( though I think Jack tripper did in the 70s). I dont live in Iowa, but i would think their population of "hipsters" would be less than anywhere I have lived. I could be wrong, but it comes off like "salsa from New York City."

literatim
12-09-2007, 05:09 AM
Most of them are just dressed in nice clothes. I don't see anything unusual about them and I come from a Midwestern State.

BillyDkid
12-09-2007, 07:39 AM
Where is the chip in link that was on this thread? Why would it not be here now?

rjl
12-09-2007, 10:52 AM
This is my take, and please correct me if I am wrong.

Iowa and NH are mostly white, so I'm not sure that's a bad part of the ads. Though my first reaction seeing the ads was I wasnt sure about it being all young white people.

However, do Iowa and NH really need "hip" ads? My thought is they probably mostly ARE white people, but not THIS kind of white people.

When I think of Iowa, I dont think "hipster"- though this could just be my preconceived notions. Personally, I do not know anyone who looks or dresses like the people in the ad ( though I think Jack tripper did in the 70s). I dont live in Iowa, but i would think their population of "hipsters" would be less than anywhere I have lived. I could be wrong, but it comes off like "salsa from New York City."

Maybe he should shoot new ones with the "right kind" of white people for Iowa. Preferably in overalls, gnawing on a cob of corn. Perhaps sitting on a tractor.

torchbearer
12-09-2007, 10:58 AM
anyone have the hi-res versions?

MozoVote
12-09-2007, 11:06 AM
I did laugh at the overalls and corn remark. :) I think these ads are fine, although the points being made here about appealing to target markets, should be incorporated into future ads.

rodent
12-09-2007, 11:08 AM

Could've tossed in 1 minority actor. Just giving the people who want ammo for pegging Paul with the white supremacists by not even trying to find 1 different looking guy/girl.

shadow26
12-09-2007, 11:08 AM
What do you mean more attractive??!!:confused:
Models? PUH-LEEZE. Then the ads would like like everyone else's campaign ads, and that is NOT what we want. These people are prefect...they are the people I work with, the people I see when I go shopping, the people I attend sporting events with...I don't hang out with 'models', nor do most of the American people. I can readily identify with the people used in these excellent ads. We NEED to boost donations to get these on the air. Where is the official campaign in all this..?:confused:

rodent
12-09-2007, 11:11 AM
Most of them are just dressed in nice clothes. I don't see anything unusual about them and I come from a Midwestern State.

First thing I saw was young white people coming from cushy lives complaining about government. If I think that, a million other people could think that, and I am not even talking about non-white people -- I'm talking about your senior citizens, wal-mart shopper whites, and blue-collar whites.

rodent
12-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Models? PUH-LEEZE. Then the ads would like like everyone else's campaign ads, and that is NOT what we want. These people are prefect...they are the people I work with, the people I see when I go shopping, the people I attend sporting events with...I don't hang out with 'models', nor do most of the American people. I can readily identify with the people used in these excellent ads. We NEED to boost donations to get these on the air. Where is the official campaign in all this..?:confused:

They don't look like average Americans to me.

IMO, either go with top-notch models or people with a few scars on their faces. This pseudo-model stuff just screams "made by amateur white college kids."

Jimmy
12-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Where is the official campaign in all this..?:confused:

Thats what everyone should be asking....JMO. Everyone seems to be waiting on there surge with ads. ........that may or may not even happen at all. Unbeleivable.

Perry
12-09-2007, 11:20 AM
The first ad needs to be running across the entire country. That is exactly how I have felt every year. Spot on!

MozoVote
12-09-2007, 11:26 AM
I think older voters might like the ads. I'm at least a decade older than they are, and it's a cheerful, positive message that liberty and freedom have not been forgotten, and that young people can relate to it.

disciple
12-09-2007, 11:32 AM
I think older voters might like the ads. I'm at least a decade older than they are, and it's a cheerful, positive message that liberty and freedom have not been forgotten, and that young people can relate to it.

Those ads are great the way they are. Now let's donate and get them on air fast.

jblosser
12-09-2007, 11:33 AM
Again, there are plans to run ads with more ethnicities, as well as to film senior-specific ads. The funding priority is to make sure these get to run enough, then film more ads specific to the Huckabee factor in Iowa and run those, then film the others for other demographics.

If you like what you see mostly but think they need to do more, DONATE so they CAN:

http://operationnh.com/

jblosser
12-09-2007, 11:35 AM
can someone pass this on to trevor or someone along the way,so we can get this going mainstream in the paul network

Trevor knows about them. His focus is obviously already on the money bomb and the blimp.

From talking to the local guy working on these yesterday, they've definitely had problems getting the attention of the grassroots for funding these even though they've been around a while. To be honest I think they're a bit "old media" -- they get the value of the ads and how to make them and where to run them but they don't quite seem to get how to have the grassroots working behind them, and mostly end up feeling like they're competing with Trevor for donations even though they do all compare notes together behind the scenes.

There's no real reason we can't fund both, though. They aren't asking that much compared to the blimp, just a few thousand.

Jimmy
12-09-2007, 11:48 AM
Important bump

DirtMcGirt
12-09-2007, 11:57 AM
great work, maybe a little more diversity but I'm nitpicking...

10thAmendmentMan
12-09-2007, 12:03 PM
Very well done.

jblosser
12-09-2007, 01:01 PM
bump and donate http://operationnh.com/

Mark
12-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Where is the chip in link that was on this thread? Why would it not be here now?

You can chipin on the site for the ads: http://www.operationnh.com/

jblosser
12-09-2007, 01:38 PM
They've added more chipins to specifically get these on the air and more filmed:

http://dailypaul.com/node/12303

Most people seem to like these a lot but no one is donating. :-( (Other than those making them who have already paid a lot to get where they are now.)

RonPaulVolunteer
12-09-2007, 01:43 PM
These videos are in the Iowa TC commercial compilation found on the Ron Paul Video Podcast. Or right click this link to download them. http://ronpaulvideopodcast.com/v/071209_OperationNH_Iowa_TV_Ads.m4v

Liberty Star
12-09-2007, 01:59 PM

Great job by Jeremiah Black.
Right message, very artistic yet simple and clear. Great production!

Liberty Star
12-09-2007, 02:04 PM

If most people in NH saw these ads and got to know Ron Paul's ideas, RP would win in NH.

jblosser
12-09-2007, 02:14 PM
If most people in NH saw these ads and got to know Ron Paul's ideas, RP would win in NH.

They'll air there if they get the funds.

DONATE.

jblosser
12-10-2007, 09:19 AM
Monday morning bump.

Donate at http://operationnh.com/ (chipins along the left side of the page).

kylejack
12-10-2007, 09:24 AM
They're getting close! Over 11K collected out of 15K. Get this done quick so we can get those ads bought!

Question_Authority
12-10-2007, 09:28 AM
These commercials should be playing in NH. The campaign is doing a big puch in IA for the next few weeks while they basically ignore NH (as far as RP visits). Please make NH the first priority instead of "If more money is raised".

The campaign, other than their fairly lame commercials, are relying almost completely on volunteers in NH. We need those commercials here!!!!!!!!

I'm beggin' ya!

kylejack
12-10-2007, 09:29 AM
These commercials should be playing in NH. The campaign is doing a big puch in IA for the next few weeks while they basically ignore NH (as far as RP visits). Please make NH the first priority instead of "If more money is raised".

The campaign, other than their fairly lame commercials, are relying almost completely on volunteers in NH. We need those commercials here!!!!!!!!

I'm beggin' ya!

Ron Paul has been visiting NH quite a bit lately. Two major trips in the past couple weeks. He'll continue to make it a priority.