PDA

View Full Version : Future of RonPaulForums.com

LibertiORDeth
12-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Where will this site be in a year? Will it be a Ron Paul site still, or a Defenders of the Constitution site, or will it just die out?

Ron Paul Fan
12-08-2007, 05:53 PM
We'll probably still be celebrating Ron Paul's victory in the general election. I'm guessing the site will live on through his first term and second term if he chooses to run again. After that is anybody's guess.

kylejack
12-08-2007, 05:54 PM
They're keeping the site up, regardless of what happens. We will still need to get motivated to get involved with the Free State Project and stuff like that.

LibertiORDeth
12-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Maybe it will.

JoshLowry
12-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Bryan and I have discussed the continuation of this community after the election regardless of outcome.

It is named Liberty Forest, (LibertyForest.com). Named after the Liberty Tree, a famous elm tree that stood near the commons of Boston, Massachusetts Colony, in the days before the American Revolution. The tree was a rallying point for the growing resistance to the rule of England over the American colonies. In the years that followed, almost every American town had its own Liberty Tree—a living symbol of popular support for individual liberty and resistance to tyranny. We are the Liberty Forest so to speak, as the internet is one large meeting place.

We have started adding forums at the bottom of the main page. (Link) (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189) We plan on making it a portal for liberty and a continuation of this freedom loving community. RedState, Politico, Little Green Footballs, Michelle Malkin, Real Clear Politics, etc.. are going to be dieing slow deaths with this internet movement and we plan on providing a place for their visitors to go.

Let us know if you have anything in mind.

Paulite
12-08-2007, 05:57 PM
if the unthinkable happens and ron paul loses this site will be seen as a terrorist breeding underground.

Paul4Prez
12-08-2007, 06:00 PM
if the unthinkable happens and ron paul loses this site will be seen as a terrorist breeding underground.

No, it will be a site for patriotic Americans to advocate peaceful change through the electoral process, and to identify and support pro-liberty candidates who follow Dr. Paul's example.

tremendoustie
12-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Bryan and I have discussed the continuation of this community after the election regardless of outcome.

It is named Liberty Forest, (LibertyForest.com). Named after the Liberty Tree, a famous elm tree that stood near the commons of Boston, Massachusetts Colony, in the days before the American Revolution. The tree was a rallying point for the growing resistance to the rule of England over the American colonies. In the years that followed, almost every American town had its own Liberty Tree—a living symbol of popular support for individual liberty and resistance to tyranny. We are the Liberty Forest so to speak, as the internet is one large meeting place.

We have started adding forums at the bottom of the main page. (Link) (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189) We plan on making it a portal for liberty and a continuation of this freedom loving community. RedState, Politico, Little Green Footballs, Michelle Malkin, Real Clear Politics, etc.. are going to be dieing slow deaths with this internet movement and we plan on providing a place for their visitors to go.

Let us know if you have anything in mind.

All Right!! GREAT Idea, GREAT name, I'm really psyched about this. The most important function I think will be working together to elect liberty minded reps and local authorities. It's good to hear there's a plan.

greves
12-08-2007, 06:05 PM
I would suggest making separate forums for all the "hot topics" so that one main forum doesn't get spammed with them all. For instance: Anarchy vs. Minarchy (Libertarian), 9/11 Truth, Federal Reserve, New World Order... I think these topics (along with plenty of others) will be of growing importance as this movement gets its feet on the ground.

Shink
12-08-2007, 06:06 PM
I think there should be a strong effort to keep most RP meetup groups together somehow, and this site once the ordeal is finished could help. Every 2 years there are elections for Congress, right? I think because of that, this site could flourish regardless of whatever happens.

I would suggest making separate forums for all the "hot topics" so that one main forum doesn't get spammed with them all. For instance: Anarchy vs. Minarchy (Libertarian), 9/11 Truth, Federal Reserve, New World Order... I think these topics (along with plenty of others) will be of growing importance as this movement gets its feet on the ground.

I think a SUBFORUM for debate/hot topics would be the right answer...not separating free speech on those subjects entirely....from a forum all about liberty?! As someone interested in all of the above, you can bet that'd I'd probably see no reason to go to both and therefore neither if it got all compartmentalized in separate websites.

And since there are plenty of people around here good with tech stuff, maybe the site could have a main page for political news (of a libertarian flavor) with a link at the top to the forums and do stuff with RSS news feeds/podcasts/evolved version of RP radio.

Now I'm envisioning LibertyTree's main page with a grey-hued tree as the centerpiece with several branches labeled as links to the rest of the site: Literature (the writings of those who inspire our opinions, Ron, Mises, Founding Fathers, etc.), News, Site Info (or whatever, explanation of its origin, etc.) or FAQ and down below roots of the tree, which would be a link to the Forums, as each and every one of us are what is fertilizing the tree of liberty.

Man from La Mancha
12-08-2007, 06:10 PM
I predict that as we attract 1000's more people which we really need to be able to rapidly influence media and fund projects that the posts will turn over so fast they will be hard to follow. A new paradigm in forums will have to be developed. Like the PROMIS a software that can integrate vast amounts of data and can give each individual what they want specifically at the same time of different subjects. I hope the programing experts on these forums can figure this out.IMO
PROMIS. The highly technical software has been described as a system that "interfaces with any database...as police can input an alleged terrorist s name or credit card, and the software will provide details of the person s movements through purchases...," according to an 11-10-01 Toronto Sun report.

The importance of PROMIS is that it is not only capable of interfacing with a wide variety of data bases in different computer languages and then integrating the data, but it has also been modified for intelligence purposes. It has then been sold throughout the world by spy agencies through third parties to clients such as banks and investment houses envious of its unique capabilities.

Shink
12-08-2007, 06:17 PM
Bump for opinions. ;)

RonPaulVolunteer
12-08-2007, 06:18 PM
Ahh... I think we have SLIGHTLY more to do and think about than hypotheticals over the long term usage of this website. Who cares...