PDA

View Full Version : Miami Restaurant to Gary Johnson: Take your campaign cameras outside

RandallFan
08-23-2016, 07:01 PM
Johnson introduced himself to a diner who didn’t recognize him, shook hands and then sat down at a circular table near the door, not in a side room that is typically reserved for politicians holding events. Surrounded by TV cameras and reporters, Johnson began to do a radio interview. That’s when a manager asked the media to leave.

Johnson followed suit — and a political rite-of-passage was relegated to the parking lot.
“I didn’t get authorization,” a manager who gave his first name as Reinaldo told a Miami Herald reporter when asked if Johnson had permission to schedule a campaign stop inside.
Johnson took the incident in stride. He walked outside the restaurant and continued to talk with reporters and voters.
“You know, I’ll just walk outside,” Johnson said when asked why he left the restaurant. “I have no idea and it doesn’t bother me. They said, ‘We want you to sign a disclosure.’ … Fine, we’ll just go outside.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/restaurants/article96372867.html

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/restaurants/article96372867.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/restaurants/article96372867.html

phill4paul
08-23-2016, 07:06 PM
Probably thinks the property owner should be forced to allow candidates to do media interviews.

Suzanimal
08-23-2016, 07:19 PM
He did the right thing and was cool about it. I'll give credit where credit is due.

phill4paul
08-23-2016, 07:21 PM
He did the right thing and was cool about it. I'll give credit where credit is due.

Wouldn't the right thing to do be to ask the business owner for permission ahead of time?

Suzanimal
08-23-2016, 07:26 PM
Wouldn't the right thing to do be to ask the business owner for permission ahead of time?

Yes, but as someone in the restaurant business, people rarely think like that and they're usually dicks about it when you ask them to leave. He seemed cool about it so I cut him some slack.

08-23-2016, 07:27 PM

Yeah, Johnson or his campaign made a mistake, God forbid they do. He handled it normally.

oyarde
08-23-2016, 07:30 PM
I would just call ahead and let 'em know I was bringing Yhuuuge business and make the media people buy me beers .

phill4paul
08-23-2016, 07:30 PM
Yes, but as someone in the restaurant business, people rarely think like that and they're usually dicks about it when you ask them to leave. He seemed cool about it so I cut him some slack.

Fair enough. My point was more to the fact regarding his dismissal of property rights of business owners.

Suzanimal
08-23-2016, 07:34 PM
Fair enough. My point was more to the fact regarding his dismissal of property rights of business owners.

I got it and you're absolutely right.

Natural Citizen
08-23-2016, 07:56 PM
My point was more to the fact regarding his dismissal of property rights of business owners.

Dismissing the property rights of business owners is the same thing as dismissing the property rights of Individuals and groups of Individuals.

Which I know that you know. I'm just adding to it here for sake of clarity in scope.

Dr.3D
08-23-2016, 08:03 PM
Yeah, where did he think he was, Grand Central Station?

oyarde
08-23-2016, 08:09 PM
Yeah, where did he think he was, Grand Central Station?

A Cafe in little Havana , :) , I wonder how his Spanish is ?

eleganz
08-23-2016, 08:44 PM

Uhh...

You're digging where there is nothing to be dug.

He came and attempted to do an interview and when the media was asked to leave, he took his interview outside. Nothing anti-property rights about it.