PDA

View Full Version : You can see Univision's BIAS on their Website!!

Peppy690
12-08-2007, 05:17 PM
http://www.univision.com/content/channel.jhtml?chid=3&schid=10414

first off, he isn't on the main page

second, tancredo is on there but he isn't even in the debate

third, if you click on RP there is no information on him - if you click on romney there is a lot more detail.

maybe im paranoid, but still wtf!

Midnight77
12-08-2007, 05:18 PM
I can only speculate the forces behind Univision was looking forward to a NAU.

azminuteman
12-08-2007, 05:20 PM

Univision is owned by the same pro-Democrat Corporate entities that are behind the rest of the MSM/CCM.

wisconsinite
12-08-2007, 05:21 PM
What a crowded field. When you click on mas it takes you to a page showing 19 Republican candidates.

unconsious767
12-08-2007, 05:22 PM
Isn't Univision now a unit of NBC Universal Vivendi Vividi Vivici?

fortilite
12-08-2007, 05:22 PM
Fudge it, who cares? We'll wait and see how much time he gets. Nobody cares what's on the Univision website.

FireofLiberty
12-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Yep, you're paranoid. Come on, if there reason for not having Ron on the main page was "bias" than they sure the hell wouldn't have TANCREDO on there, who isn't even going to participate in the debate and is a borderline bigot when it comes to immigration issues. The reason Ron isn't on the main page is simple: The way they have the page layout done there's only room to show a few candidates' pictures on it. It's just a crowded field. Hell, Univision is proving to be very unbiased by having profiles for guys like Cox and Keyes on their site, who are ignored completely on most media sites.

Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't change the candidates featured on the main page from time to time as well.

bcmiller
12-08-2007, 05:43 PM
does Dr. Paul habla espanol? I would think he does since he was a Doc for many years in Texas...

I agree that that site is biased against Ron Paul and I also agree that it doesn't matter.

They tried to force feed us the "top tier" when that failed they tried Thompson and when that failed they picked Huckabee to be their last hope, and that will fail too.

AlexMerced
12-08-2007, 05:44 PM
Yeah I think Paul will do very well, if anything the site seems to be more focused on demonizing tancredo, which I now some people love him, I can't stand.

mopar.bo
12-08-2007, 05:46 PM
does Dr. Paul habla espanol? I would think he does since he was a Doc for many years in Texas...

Why would he have to speak Spanish? He didn't accept welfare, remember?

Pedro TT
12-08-2007, 05:47 PM

Yes. My Aunt works for Univision here in Miami and it was purchased a few years ago by NBC. I'm telling ya, this debate will be the same BS as all the other ones. Its the same players pulling the strings behind the scenes except its just in a different language.

I have no expectations for any fair or equal exposure from this debate. I am just happy to be meeting the good doictor once again.:D

peacemonger
12-08-2007, 05:47 PM

You are correct... But isn't NBC owned by General Electric?... The same war profiteering company raking in the big bucks from the Iraq reconstruction efforts (GE Infrastructure). Hmm. I wonder why they only put the Pro-war Republicans on the website. Conglomerate strategies strive to achieve corporate synergies in any way they can. Its no wonder why a big conglomerate war profiteer would want to also own the media and pick the president for us.

I predict they will setup Ron Paul just like the others... but we will win anyway.

FireofLiberty
12-08-2007, 05:55 PM
does Dr. Paul habla espanol?

They're not allowed to speak Spanish at the debate anyway, even if they can.

Luther
12-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Univision is, like NBC, a subsidiary of General Electric.

Luther
12-08-2007, 05:58 PM
You are correct... But isn't NBC owned by General Electric?... The same war profiteering company raking in the big bucks from the Iraq reconstruction efforts (GE Infrastructure). Hmm. I wonder why they only put the Pro-war Republicans on the website. Conglomerate strategies strive to achieve corporate synergies in any way they can. Its no wonder why a big conglomerate war profiteer would want to also own the media and pick the president for us.

I predict they will setup Ron Paul just like the others... but we will win anyway.

Well said.

Danny Molina
12-08-2007, 05:58 PM

Go to hell.:rolleyes:

mopar.bo
12-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Go to hell.:rolleyes:

Oh, stop kidding yourself.

bcmiller
12-08-2007, 06:00 PM
I said he had to speak spanish? I don't remember that...

I don't think there is a correlation between what he did with welfare and what languages he speaks. However, I was given to understand that he didn't turn people away either.

I guess the bottom line was that you don't know.

edit...

I didn't ask if he could speak Spanish in the debate, I was generally curious if he speaks Spanish.

mopar.bo
12-08-2007, 06:05 PM
I said he had to speak spanish? I don't remember that...

I don't think there is a correlation between what he did with welfare and what languages he speaks. However, I was given to understand that he didn't turn people away either.

I guess the bottom line was that you don't know.

edit...

I didn't ask if he could speak Spanish in the debate, I was generally curious if he speaks Spanish.

I didn't mean he HAD to speak Spanish. I'm just saying that he's less likely to have to use Spanish than a doctor who accepts welfare. Stop pretending like there's no relation between the welfare system and non-English speaking hispanics in Texas.

Goldwater Conservative
12-08-2007, 06:12 PM
I saw an article a while back in a Spanish paper describing Paul as liberal. I'm not sure if that's because liberal carries a different connotation wherever the writer was from, or if that's just because they don't understand his positions, but it did make me wonder how you say "libertarian" in Spanish. Seriously, I speak Spanish, but the thought never crossed my mind until recently.

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-08-2007, 06:18 PM
I LOVE how on Univision's website's list of Republican candidates, they have a big stripe across Sam Brownback's face saying "Retirado!" I know what the word really means in Spanish, but at first glance it looks like "Retarded". LOL!!!

nbhadja
12-08-2007, 06:19 PM
I didn't mean he HAD to speak Spanish. I'm just saying that he's less likely to have to use Spanish than a doctor who accepts welfare. Stop pretending like there's no relation between the welfare system and non-English speaking hispanics in Texas.

So true. Do people really think there is no connection between between the welfare system and non-English speaking hispanics in Texas???????

atilla
12-08-2007, 06:21 PM

Yes. My Aunt works for Univision here in Miami and it was purchased a few years ago by NBC. I'm telling ya, this debate will be the same BS as all the other ones. Its the same players pulling the strings behind the scenes except its just in a different language.

I have no expectations for any fair or equal exposure from this debate. I am just happy to be meeting the good doictor once again.:D

Univision is, like NBC, a subsidiary of General Electric.

no no no no no

univision is independant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univision

telemundo is owned by NBC universal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telemundo

Goldwater Conservative
12-08-2007, 06:28 PM
The article on the top right about Tancredo is hilarious, considering he's saying that he's against bilingualism for America... but those very quotes are being translated into Spanish.

libertythor
12-08-2007, 06:40 PM

WOW!!!!!! Believe it or not, but there is a prosperous portion of Mexicans in Texas. Many also come up every week to do shopping and go back down.

Plus RP delivered Selena. :D

MadViking10
12-08-2007, 06:54 PM
WOW!!!!!! Believe it or not, but there is a prosperous portion of Mexicans in Texas. Many also come up every week to do shopping and go back down.

Is that true that he delivered Selena? :eek:

nbhadja
12-08-2007, 07:01 PM

Ya but I doubt they come up to America to seek medical treatment and then go back down.

mopar.bo
12-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Is that true that he delivered Selena? :eek:

Who gives a shit?

slantedview
12-08-2007, 07:10 PM

bingo

MadViking10
12-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Who gives a shit?

I do !! :mad:

mopar.bo
12-08-2007, 07:13 PM
I do !! :mad:

Ok, fella. lol. Glad to see you're concerned with the issues that matter.

Paulitician
12-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Ok, fella. lol. Glad to see you're concerned with the issues that matter.
Who said he isn't? Quit being a dumb jackass.

AtomiC
12-08-2007, 07:17 PM
I LOVE how on Univision's website's list of Republican candidates, they have a big stripe across Sam Brownback's face saying "Retirado!" I know what the word really means in Spanish, but at first glance it looks like "Retarded". LOL!!!

Lol whatta retard. :p

Paulitician
12-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Hahaha, it reminded me of Borat.

"I'm retired."
"You a retard?"

mopar.bo
12-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Who said he isn't? Quit being a dumb jackass.

Don't get your panties in a bunch. Quit being an oversensitive democrat.