PDA

View Full Version : Fred Thompson will copy Ron Paul...muhahaha

Rudy McRomneyson
06-30-2007, 10:52 AM
Muahaha,

You'll never see it coming - but Fred Thompson is going to copy Ron Paul.. The others aren't threats - but Paul is.

Liberty *cough*-special interests *cough* for all!

http://blog.lewrockwell.com/lewrw/archives/013836.html

http://www.aei.org/publications/pubID.26016,filter.all/pub_detail.asp

njandrewg
06-30-2007, 11:01 AM
the difference is, the people who are Ron Paul supporters are much more informed than your typical voter, so we'll be able to see right through Thompson

PatriotOne
06-30-2007, 11:02 AM
Muahaha,

You'll never see it coming - but Fred Thompson is going to copy Ron Paul.. The others aren't threats - but Paul is.

I noticed in an article yesterday where Fred was aping RP's philosophy. I don't normally follow Fred, but I have a feeling he won't be able to back it up with his record. It does show how RP's support is more than the GOP wants to let on though, eh ;) ?

Kuldebar
06-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Freddie boy will fall short if he tries the same strategy because he doesn't have any substantial library of information available on the web like Ron Paul does. Paul's prolific writing of articles, op-ed bulletins and Congressional Speeches all combine to make a very solid and non-contradictory stand based on clearly defined principles. Now of course this does require inquiring minds willing to read and research...which isn't necessarily a trait that abounds with many of the supporters in those other camps.

In fact, Paul's record is so transparent that I can't think of many contemporary political people that could stand up very well under the scrutiny.

kalami
06-30-2007, 11:09 AM
"Adhering to the principles of federalism is not easy. As one who was on the short end of a couple of 99-1 votes, I can personally attest to it. Federalism sometimes restrains you from doing things you want to do."

Wait. What?

yongrel
06-30-2007, 11:09 AM
In Dr. Paul, we have the chimera of American politics: The Honest, Principled and Consistent Politician.

Fred Thompson, try as he might, cannot create for himself Ron Paul's virtues. He's a good actor, but not that good.

MozoVote
06-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Fred Thompson's blogs would just fill up with cynical statements from RP supporters. It isn't gonna work.

cac1963
06-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Let's not forget George Bush looking dead into the camera and saying "I Trust the American People" about six months before they initiated illegal domestic surveillance activities, soon to be followed by the Patriot Act and Real ID.

And how George Bush preached a humble foreign policy, no nation building, no policing the world, just a few short years before embarking on one of the most ambitious nation building programs this country has ever seen.

The voters were sold a fraudulent bill of goods in 2000 based on being told what they wanted to hear without a record of proof to back it up. Hopefully the voters won't believe the BS again without demanding a solid record to back it up.

angrydragon
06-30-2007, 11:40 AM
You know Fred is lying like a teenager coming home late at night.

Wyurm
06-30-2007, 11:45 AM
I would be willing to put money on my belief that Fred Thompson's popularity has very little to do with political issues. I believe its because he plays a tough and decisive character on TV.

Just give it a few months for people to seperate TV from reality.

Swmorgan77
06-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Muahaha,

Now why would he do that if Ron Paul is "nowhere in the polls".

It's interesting to see an "instant mainstream" candidate come into the race and copy somone with supposedly no support in the polls who is a "fringe candidate" with no chance...

Something doesn't add up here.

Zydeco
06-30-2007, 11:53 AM
Sure they're trying to co-opt RP's message because he's struck a nerve, and it looks like they've settled on Fred T. as their best guy-in-a-suit for the job.

If that's Plan A, bring it on. I'd love to see FT defend his 20 years as a lobbyist interspersed with his governmental stints.

MozoVote
06-30-2007, 11:57 AM
If that's Plan A, bring it on. I'd love to see FT defend his 20 years as a lobbyist interspersed with his governmental stints.

It's almost painful to watch Fred, he is scripted and managed, much like Dubya. Ron Paul is not a glib speaker, but he had made his case on the issues so many times over his life, that he is prepared from the get-go to explain his position and the reasoning behind it.

austinphish
06-30-2007, 12:04 PM
Fred Thompson's blogs would just fill up with cynical statements from RP supporters. It isn't gonna work.

that is exactly why it won't work. all the other reasons people are saying are wrong, he is going to fool the MSM and the sheeple for a while but as long as we keep up what we are doing the true Constitutionalist will be revealed to the masses.

Zydeco
06-30-2007, 12:09 PM
It's almost painful to watch Fred, he is scripted and managed, much like Dubya. Ron Paul is not a glib speaker, but he had made his case on the issues so many times over his life, that he is prepared from the get-go to explain his position and the reasoning behind it.

Right, I read just now that Gingrich will run if FT's campaign sinks but will sit the race out if FT floats. Gingrich would be a more effective co-opter of RP's message (he's intelligent, a fluid speaker, has some genuine respect for the Constitution, and is a history professor), so tactically I'd prefer we face Thompson. In fact, it'd be best if Thompson's campaign bubbles buoyantly for a few months before deflating.

Gingrich has a lot of negatives, too -- but I'd still rather go up against Thompson.

MozoVote
06-30-2007, 12:12 PM
Gingrich has dipped his toe into the Prez race before, and never taken the plunge. I would not take him seriously. I'm sure most people would not.

jd603
06-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Fred Thompson's polls were rigged. No professional , scientific poll would include a candidate that isn't even officially running yet, it's unprofessional to say the least. His poll results were bought and paid for...

LastoftheMohicans
06-30-2007, 12:29 PM
Right, I read just now that Gingrich will run if FT's campaign sinks but will sit the race out if FT floats. Gingrich would be a more effective co-opter of RP's message (he's intelligent, a fluid speaker, has some genuine respect for the Constitution, and is a history professor), so tactically I'd prefer we face Thompson. In fact, it'd be best if Thompson's campaign bubbles buoyantly for a few months before deflating.

Gingrich has a lot of negatives, too -- but I'd still rather go up against Thompson.

Gingrich is not only more anti-liberty than FT, he is far more divisive and unliked. He probably knows the real version of American history but promotes the neocon version. He has a longer voting record. FT would be a tougher opponent.

angrydragon
06-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Newt's an easy target to take down. He wants to be a dictator that make other dictators jealous. He's also very open about it.