PDA

View Full Version : USDA teams up with Iowa law school/Cyndi Lauper to celebrate lesbian farmers

Origanalist
08-19-2016, 08:56 AM
USDA teams up with Iowa law school and Cyndi Lauper to celebrate lesbian farmers;

to celebrate lesbian farmers
MATT LAMB - UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA-OMAHA •AUGUST 16, 2016

Headlined by Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack

It’s tough being gay and living in rural areas – or so says the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).

That’s why the agency known for grading your beef is teaming up with LGBT groups and Drake University’s law school to host an “LGBT Rural Summit” on Thursday.

#RuralPride Campaign: LGBT Rural Summit Series is part of an effort by the USDA, the National Center for Lesbian Rights and the True Colors Fund – an LGBT homelessness group started by singer Cyndi Lauper – to reach out to LGBT people who live in rural areas.

Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack will be the keynote speaker, according to a press release by the law school. Other speakers will include university employee Matt Russell, of Drake’s Agricultural Law Center, whose experience includes farming with his husband.

The press release says that participants will learn about “programs and services that exist to protect, promote, and strengthen LGBT members of rural communities. Issues related to housing, education, healthcare, youth empowerment, and more will be discussed.”

Drake University deferred questions to a media contact at the USDA, but the agency did not return multiple emails from The College Fix.

Specializes in ‘religious-based bigotry’

A USDA employee took a phone message from The Fix for the agency’s listed contact, White House liaison Ashlee Davis, but neither Davis nor any other person returned the call. That employee said that Davis, who was previously special assistant to the assistant secretary for civil rights, is the point person for the operation.

Davis’s LinkedIn page says she used to work on the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force and for the Equality Federation, where she “Researched and analyzed religious-based bigotry and its influence on civil rights legislation.”

It is unclear how much the program is costing U.S. taxpayers, although USDA’s Office of Civil Rights, which is coordinating the summits, requested $24.4 million in funding in its fiscal-year 2016 budget request.

continued...http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/28505/

tod evans
08-19-2016, 09:00 AM
That’s why the agency known for grading your beef is teaming up with LGBT groups and Drake University’s law school to host an “LGBT Rural Summit” on Thursday.

Now I'm beginning to grasp their 'need' for 9M rounds of 9mm ammo.......

Spikender
08-19-2016, 09:02 AM
How about we celebrate farmers period?

Origanalist
08-19-2016, 09:06 AM

Cis scum.

Origanalist
08-19-2016, 09:09 AM

What kind of sexist remark is that?

William Tell
08-19-2016, 09:09 AM
Weird.

Spikender
08-19-2016, 09:29 AM
What kind of sexist remark is that?

Brother Origanalist, you misunderstand my comment. I am not one of those cisheathens that infest our jeanspool. My comment read "How about we celebrate farmers period?" but I meant to put "How about we celebrate farmers' periods?". I believe the period of a lesbian farmer is the true US homegrown raw meat we should celebrate.

Danke
08-19-2016, 09:35 AM

That as offensive as saying "all lives matter."

timosman
08-19-2016, 09:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-4lk2-UA_I

Spikender
08-19-2016, 10:28 AM
That as offensive as saying "all lives matter."

Monsanto lives Matter.

Jamesiv1
08-19-2016, 10:55 AM
check your damn privilege, pig.

Spikender
08-19-2016, 11:23 AM

Pigs don't need to check their privilege. We run this farm, capiche?

Valli6
08-19-2016, 11:43 AM
I wonder what kind of crowd they expect? Probably 99% just friends of lesbian farmers.

...Oh wait, I get get it. Remember the whole Pigford lawsuit scam?
Tom Vilsak wants to start a new "discrimination against lesbian farmers" lawsuit.

bunklocoempire
08-19-2016, 03:03 PM
My oh my...

What is this strange cult that continually sacrifices other peoples' stuff and in all strange manner, to appease the crop gods?

I don't believe in those false gods, and I didn't sign any contract, so why do representatives and presidents continually use aggression to force this Baal shit on me?

Sorry, all you little Caesars, according to my faith in my God, I'm not supposed to enable this destructive behavior, nor do I want to, so it looks like I'll be letting you keep more and more of your value-losing coin. That'll teach 'em, well, maybe teach people in my community anyway...:)

Elijah on Mount Carmel 1 Kings 18:26
26 Then they took the ox which was given them and they prepared it and called on the name of Baal from morning until noon saying, "O Baal, answer us." But there was no voice and no one answered. And they leaped about the altar which they made.

USDA - Leaping around since 1862.

Our crops, bestowed to us by our God, do just fine without the intercession of the USDA false gods, and I'll say we do much better on this property $ to benefit, than any of the USDA worshipers in our community. We don't start with a gun in somebody's face.

Their little gods' check list of sacrifice PDF: The President’s FY 2017 Budget provides $24.6 billion in discretionary resources for the
Department of Agriculture (USDA) to invest in rural communities; rural youth; beginning
farmers and ranchers; nutrition assistance for vulnerable populations; agricultural research;
food safety; and natural resources. This includes: ... (http://www.usda.gov/documents/usda-fy17-budget-factsheet.pdf)

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Sure looks like respecting an establishment of religion to me.

"If we can just get the lgbt farmers the help they need, then the crops will really start to come in."

RonPaulIsGreat
08-19-2016, 05:43 PM

Every day, is white male day, and every day is cis day.

Jamesiv1
08-19-2016, 08:17 PM
Every day, is white male day, and every day is cis day.
Everyday it's a getting closer
going faster than a rollercoaster.

Occam's Banana
08-19-2016, 08:25 PM

Reported for speciesism.