PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Informercial

FireofLiberty
12-08-2007, 04:03 PM
I remember some talk about putting together one awhile back, but I don't think anything ever came of it, however, I recall that someone did some checking and found out it was actually incredibly cheap to air one.

Anyone know whatever came of this idea?

FireofLiberty
12-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Bump.

coboman
12-08-2007, 05:53 PM
It is sad, but this proven idea has been largely dismissed.

I really believe in the power of infomercials, because they proved incredibly effective for Ross Perot (who is the only 3rd party candidate who ever had a shot), and because it would become the internet phenomenon in the Main Stream Media.

I started this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=42534)pointing out all the advantages I see.

I contacted llepard, and he was enthusiastic about funding the infomercial if it came to fruition.

I contacted jeremiah black (the guy that made the ads with the models), to try to convince him to produce the infomercial, he was also enthusiastic.

But nothing has taken root.

I don't know what else to do to make this a reality.

LibertyEagle
12-08-2007, 05:57 PM
The folks on the Thursday night conference calls were talking about doing this a few weeks ago. I don't know what has happened since. Maybe a few of us should be on that call next week and ask. Especially those of you who talked to llepard and Jeremiah Black.

coboman
12-08-2007, 06:17 PM
I blame the official campaign.

I know it is not popular in these forums to complain about HQ, but the infomercial (to be really successful) needs some of the millions of dollars we have donated to the official campaign.
And it needs their support to get good footage of Ron Paul, a good interview, and their commitment to put the money necessary to produce it and air it.

A company called Hollywood closeups already approached the official campaign with a proposal (read about it here (http://www.nolanchart.com/article274.html)) , but they are taking ages to make it happen (check it here (http://www.nolanchart.com/article295.html)).

Like the Glen Beck interview, they just seem to think that it is not important.

Next, I am going to rant about the official campaign, so, if you are sensitive to this issue, please stop reading now:

Those MORONS in the official campaign have no clue of what they are doing. They are wasting millions of dollars of our money in subpar cheesy commercials that don't place Ron Paul in the category of a front runner, much less convince anyone to vote for him.
They have consistently rejected great offers by the media to get RP more exposure, and they don't listen to the grassroots feedback.
The official campaign is way over their heads with what this revolution has become, and what worries me the most is that it is people hired by Ron Paul. This guy is supposed to know how to surround himself with competent people.
I feel that grassroots is not being successful thanks to the official campaign, but in spite of it.
And if it could be possible, I would much rather give the millions of the teaparty to operationnh.com, and their great commercials, than to HQ.

rpfreedom08
12-08-2007, 06:19 PM
I've been telling people for a long time I think there needs to be a ronpaulforums/grassroots representative to the official campaign.

0zzy
12-08-2007, 06:20 PM

I know it is not popular in these forums to complain about HQ, but the infomercial (to be really successful) needs some of the millions of dollars we have donated to the official campaign.
And it needs their support to get good footage of Ron Paul, a good interview, and their commitment to put the money necessary to produce it and air it.

A company called Hollywood closeups already approached the official campaign with a proposal (read about it here (http://www.nolanchart.com/article274.html)) , but they are taking ages to make it happen (check it here (http://www.nolanchart.com/article295.html)).

Next, I am going to rant about the official campaign, so, if you are sensitive to this issue, please stop reading now:

Those MORONS in the official campaign have no clue of what they are doing. They are wasting millions of dollars of our money in subpar cheesy commercials that don't place Ron Paul in the category of a front runner, much less convince anyone to vote for him.
They have consistently rejected great offers by the media to get RP more exposure, and they don't listen to the grassroots feedback.
The official campaign is way over their heads with what this revolution has become, and what worries me the most is that it is people hired by Ron Paul. This guy is supposed to know how to surround himself with competent people.
I feel that grassroots is not being successful thanks to the official campaign, but in spite of it.
And if it could be possible, I would much rather give the millions of the teaparty to operationnh.com, and their great commercials, than to HQ.

You seem to think you know what the campaign is doing. You seem to think you know what their intentions are. You seem to have better solutions.

Maybe you should become a campaign manager?

Shink
12-08-2007, 06:22 PM
I may be wrong, but wasn't Sematary the one with the info on that? Haven't seen a post from him in a bit, but it usually brings about big news, ideas, or discussions when he does.

govtpig
12-08-2007, 06:29 PM

You seem to be angry at a lot of people. Complaining about the official campaign only separates the grassroots from it and I do not think that is a good thing. I am sure they are doing the best they can and maybe instead of saying how bad they are, try working with them.

coboman
12-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Maybe you should become a campaign manager?

And boy, would I make a so much better job than they are.

For starters, I would place a communication channel between HQ and grassroots, so that they know what is going on here. Doesn't Ron Paul always say that a free market is far more intelligent than a bureaucrat isolated in his office? I believe that.

Grassroots is a free market, and if HQ listened to us and supported our efforts, we would be that much more efficient.

Once that communication channel is in place, my job as a campaign manager would be almost over. I would only have to get the great ads the grassroots is doing, the great ideas, their evaluation of those ideas and place the funding, and resources where they say is necessary.

After all they are the free market, and they will ALWAYS be more intelligent than an isolated bureaucrat.

Liberty Star
12-09-2007, 02:21 AM
I remember some talk about putting together one awhile back, but I don't think anything ever came of it, however, I recall that someone did some checking and found out it was actually incredibly cheap to air one.

Anyone know whatever came of this idea?

This would be a great idea.

Anyone knows cost for primetime slots?