PDA

View Full Version : OOTEH

osan
08-15-2016, 07:45 PM
http://freedomisobvious.blogspot.com/2016/08/the-order-of-empty-holster.html
The Order Of The Empty Holster

Greetings once again!

People so often ask what can they do to help the cause of liberty. The answers are usually simple, but that which those answers require in material action are rarely easy. They are also often risk-laden and worse yet, ineffectual in a world populated (some would say infested) with people who are either incapable of or unwilling to come to some basic sense regarding the general timbre of our common daily circumstance.

Many people are simply too frightened to face the truth regarding the extremely tenuous positions they occupy in this world. Damned near everything frightens them, and while understandable, it is of little good use to them or anyone else.

So let us forget the scary, difficult, and often ineffectual things and focus on a single simple and easy act that people can do on a daily basis. It is a thing that carries little risk, costs very little to do, and yet delivers a clear and powerful message to those around them.

The simple act of wearing an empty holster in all the places where carrying a firearm or other weapon is forbidden serves to send a strong and unequivocal message to all people where you stand on the issue of your inherent sovereignty.

Free men who have been disarmed have been egregiously violated by those who have stripped them of their weapons. Their most basic right of self-defense has been denied through denial of the means of exercise. To defy such violation by bearing arms in such places and among such people who would see you disarmed is to flirt with imprisonment and even death.

While one day circumstance may dictate otherwise, most people today do not wish to suffer the consequences commonly associated with showing the temerity of asserting one's right to keep and bear arms for all morally defensible purposes. But that does not mean that one cannot express defiance in other ways; ways that, were those in false authority to act against you in violation of your right to free expression, would bring a spotlight upon them that they have generally attempted to avoid with some non-trivial effort.

To that end, I do hereby ordain and establish the Order Of The Empty Holster (OOTEH). Let all free men openly show the contempt in which they hold those who through the threat and application of violence, deny, dispirit, derogate, and otherwise insult the fundamental rights of good and free people. Let the free man, fed up with such boorishly unjust and criminal treatment, express his venom by arraying himself openly and conspicuously in the finery of an empty holster.

Let the symbol of the Order be the Japanese (kanji) character uchi, meaning "strike", one conjugate form being ute and pronounced OOTEH, a command to strike or attack:

http://redfinchjapanese.com/img/kanji/3225.png

If you truly wish to make a statement without having to risk much, one of the greatest bangs for your buck shall be the display of an empty holster. Holsters are almost universally recognized for what they are and the message you send will carry force without lending great pretext to anyone to act in further violation of your rights. This is not to say that the act is risk-free. But then, neither is getting out of bed every morning.

Wear your holsters empty if you cannot wear them properly filled. Let those who denigrate you with their invalid, unjust, and criminally violative statutes see where you stand. Let them know that you are aware and that neither do you waive any right denied, nor do you forgive the transgression. Let them see good men by the millions show where they stand in the clear and non-equivocating language of the Order Of The Empty Holster.

Let it not be said that you did nothing in pursuit of your own freedom.

Let it not be said you shrank away from your duty to yourself, cowering.

Let it not be said your avarice for comfort drove you to self-betrayal.

Let it not be said you were ignorant of your rightful place in this world.

Let it not be said that you were too lazy to act even this much on your own behalf.

And if at the end of it you cannot get up the steam to work toward your own benefit, think about your children; your nieces, nephews, and other young people for whom you may have fondness and affection. Think of the world they will inherit if you do nothing to correct the horribly malformed circumstances of ignorance and corruption that have driven us to this sadly discounted state of effective servitude.

So it is written. So it shall be done.

Until next time, please accept my best wishes.

heavenlyboy34
08-15-2016, 08:05 PM
I was taught that uke means "block" (i.e. Jodan uke=upper/head height block). Perhaps a difference between Okinawan and Mainland Japanese? :confused:

Jamesiv1
08-15-2016, 08:09 PM
I thought this thread was gonna be about The Little Rascals lol

"Otay Buckwheat"

phill4paul
08-15-2016, 08:13 PM
I was taught that uke means "block" (i.e. Jodan uke=upper/head height block). Perhaps a difference between Okinawan and Mainland Japanese? :confused:

ute, not uke?

phill4paul
08-15-2016, 08:15 PM
I thought this thread was gonna be about The Little Rascals lol

"Otay Buckwheat"

Lol. Not the only one. But, thanks osan. You are capable of crafting a multi-meaning thought progressive thread title. :)

osan
08-15-2016, 08:35 PM

Not uKe, uTe. :)

Ute is the plain (v "polite") imperative conjugate of the verb uchi, "to attack". So shouting "UTE!" to a soldier, you are commanding him to attack, shoot, loose an arrow... you get the picture.

heavenlyboy34
08-15-2016, 08:42 PM
Not uKe, uTe. :)

Ute is the plain (v "polite") imperative conjugate of the verb uchi, "to attack". So shouting "UTE!" to a soldier, you are commanding him to attack, shoot, loose an arrow... you get the picture.

oops! :o Beg pardon, good sir! Yes-uchi I know. Shomen uchi, in the sword arts, means strike to the top of the head. :)

phill4paul
08-15-2016, 08:43 PM
As to the subject matter, I can give a solid "No" for my answer.

To do such invites an interaction with those that one should avoid "like the plague."

osan
08-15-2016, 09:34 PM
As to the subject matter, I can give a solid "No" for my answer.

To do such invites an interaction with those that one should avoid "like the plague."

Not in my experience. I've been doing this a very long time whenever I go to poo-holes like NYC, NJ, etc.

on 9/11/10 I was at ground zero. I'd gone to meet my friend Jake, was way early, and went hoofing downtown to see the hole. There were literally thousands of cops there and I had on my orange-ish brown leather holster in which I keep my 686. I was 70% expecting to go to jail that day, but not a single cop said a word to me.

Stranger yet, when Jake and I went to the Starbucks on Prince Street, there was a guy with an empty shoulder rig. That one really surprised me.

Anyhow, I've wandered all over the crap-holes of NYC and NJ with holsters on and have gotten not word one of attention. The only exception was that fat, bald0headed bastard who had me cuffed in '13 when I came out of security at EWR. I spent 2 hours in cuffs with FBI, HS, PAPD, and TSA all over me. Mind you, I'd gone through security at Charleston, the local FBI d00s asking whether I had my weapon with me, to which I said "no" and he smiled and waved me on. We even talked about our carry guns. Then I went through Dulles and one of the cops noticed and gave me a big smile and thumbs-up. So why did that fat, ignorant, loud and obnoxious bastard cause such a fuss that included a bomb-sniffing dog brought to the aircraft I'd left at the gate? Because he was a fat, ignorant, loud and obnoxious bastard, I suppose. They even brought in a paramedic to do a psych eval on me... they even had a strap-in wheelchair at the ready. Those fuckers from PAPD (Port Authority) were that hot to get me, I they'd have sold their children into bordellos. To the para's credit, she refused to lie despite obvious coaxing and my refusal to cooperate.

So I suppose the object lesson there is to be a bit more careful doing this at an airport. But as for the rest, I've had no troubles and NYC is the worst of the worst for such things. Years of this activity has yielded me none of the troubles of which you express apprehension. YYMV and if you don't want to do it, then don't. But I see this message as an important one to get out and this method is far better than the net, IMO.

phill4paul
08-15-2016, 09:40 PM
Not in my experience. I've been doing this a very long time whenever I go to poo-holes like NYC, NJ, etc.

on 9/11/10 I was at ground zero. I'd gone to meet my friend Jake, was way early, and went hoofing downtown to see the hole. There were literally thousands of cops there and I had on my orange-ish brown leather holster in which I keep my 686. I was 70% expecting to go to jail that day, but not a single cop said a word to me.

Stranger yet, when Jake and I went to the Starbucks on Prince Street, there was a guy with an empty shoulder rig. That one really surprised me.

Anyhow, I've wandered all over the crap-holes of NYC and NJ with holsters on and have gotten not word one of attention. The only exception was that fat, bald0headed bastard who had me cuffed in '13 when I came out of security at EWR. I spent 2 hours in cuffs with FBI, HS, PAPD, and TSA all over me. Mind you, I'd gone through security at Charleston, the local FBI d00s asking whether I had my weapon with me, to which I said "no" and he smiled and waved me on. We even talked about our carry guns. Then I went through Dulles and one of the cops noticed and gave me a big smile and thumbs-up. So why did that fat, ignorant, loud and obnoxious bastard cause such a fuss that included a bomb-sniffing dog brought to the aircraft I'd left at the gate? Because he was a fat, ignorant, loud and obnoxious bastard, I suppose. They even brought in a paramedic to do a psych eval on me... they even had a strap-in wheelchair at the ready. Those fuckers from PAPD (Port Authority) were that hot to get me, I they'd have sold their children into bordellos. To the para's credit, she refused to lie despite obvious coaxing and my refusal to cooperate.

So I suppose the object lesson there is to be a bit more careful doing this at an airport. But as for the rest, I've had no troubles and NYC is the worst of the worst for such things. Years of this activity has yielded me none of the troubles of which you express apprehension. YYMV and if you don't want to do it, then don't. But I see this message as an important one to get out and this method is far better than the net, IMO.

Mileage may vary. More power to you. I carry concealed, non-licensed, every where I go. If I were challenged then that "secret" might be let out. I see no bonus in it.

osan
08-16-2016, 10:16 AM
Mileage may vary. More power to you. I carry concealed, non-licensed, every where I go. If I were challenged then that "secret" might be let out. I see no bonus in it.

Non-licensed as in "illegal", or not required? Just curious.

I carried non-licensed in NY for at least 10 years. I wasn't surrendering my wallet or life to anyone without a fight. Came in handy one night in December when a carload of young "men" got out of their car to "fuck [me] up." It is amazing how effective the muzzle of a .45 can be in clearing an area of vermin.

Friend of mine used to carry a dummy grenade with him for self-defense purposes. One day an uptown bro pointed a pistol at him, demanding the cash as he arose from the subway. He produced the grenade and told a big bullshit about removing the delay and that if he shoots, the grenade goes off immediately. He ordered the bro' to put the gun down, turn down the block and start running for all he was worth. He got full compliance. He also scored a beautiful (certainly stolen) Series 70 Colt. :)

I still urge one and all to join the Order.

presence
08-16-2016, 11:00 AM
stand with osan!
OOTEH!

phill4paul
08-16-2016, 01:42 PM
Non-licensed as in "illegal", or not required? Just curious.

I carried non-licensed in NY for at least 10 years. I wasn't surrendering my wallet or life to anyone without a fight. Came in handy one night in December when a carload of young "men" got out of their car to "fuck [me] up." It is amazing how effective the muzzle of a .45 can be in clearing an area of vermin.

Friend of mine used to carry a dummy grenade with him for self-defense purposes. One day an uptown bro pointed a pistol at him, demanding the cash as he arose from the subway. He produced the grenade and told a big bullshit about removing the delay and that if he shoots, the grenade goes off immediately. He ordered the bro' to put the gun down, turn down the block and start running for all he was worth. He got full compliance. He also scored a beautiful (certainly stolen) Series 70 Colt. :)

I still urge one and all to join the Order.

"Illegal." Which is why I wouldn't want to carry an empty holster so as not to attract attention.

osan
08-16-2016, 04:40 PM
"Illegal." Which is why I wouldn't want to carry an empty holster so as not to attract attention.

OK, now I understand the cause for reticence. I completely agree in that case.

As for others... :)