PDA

View Full Version : Republican maverick Thomas Massie endorses John McCain’s primary opponent

phill4paul
08-15-2016, 07:41 PM
Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) is no stranger to challenging the status quo in Washington. Now he’s going against one of the most established senators in his own party.

Massie is endorsing Arizona State Senator and physician Kelli Ward, who is challenging Senator John McCain in that state’s Republican primary. McCain is a 34-year incumbent whom many conservatives and libertarians consider a tenured member of the GOP establishment.

http://rare.us/story/republican-maverick-thomas-massie-endorses-john-mccains-primary-opponent/

LibertyEagle
08-15-2016, 07:49 PM
Good for Thomas. :)

phill4paul
08-15-2016, 07:50 PM
What is she saying here?

“I will approach all legislation in the U.S. Senate with a two part test,” said Ward. “Is it a legitimate government function? Is it Constitutional?”

This is a two-part litmus test.

When I read this I thought.... "Well, shouldn't it be just one? If it is not Constitutional then it's not a legitimate government function."

And then I thought...."Is she distinguishing one from the other?"

I dunno.

Brian4Liberty
08-15-2016, 09:40 PM
What is she saying here?

This is a two-part litmus test.

When I read this I thought.... "Well, shouldn't it be just one? If it is not Constitutional then it's not a legitimate government function."

And then I thought...."Is she distinguishing one from the other?"

I dunno.

If it fails either one, then just say "no".

angelatc
08-15-2016, 09:43 PM
Good for Thomas. :)

And the Cincinnati paper immediately branded him as a traitor.

William Tell
08-15-2016, 10:02 PM
Gotta love that wackobird tea party hobbit. :D

Brian4Liberty
08-29-2016, 01:15 PM
Election bump.