PDA

View Full Version : I challenge you to

RonPaulCult
12-08-2007, 03:03 PM
Call 50 or 100 random numbers in Iowa or New Hampshire and ask them who they are voting for.

Say something like this:

Hello I am calling from an independant political polling study. I was wondering if I could have just a few minutes of your time to conduct a brief politcal poll for the 2008 presidential election.

Are you 18 or over

IF YES

Do you plan on voting in the caucus/primary this Jan

IF YES

Do you plan on voting for a republican or democrat

IF REPUBLICAN

Which of the following candidates do you plan on voting for:

Rudy Giuliani
Mike Huckabee
Duncan Hunter
John McCain
Ron Paul
Mitt Romney
Tom Tancredo
Fred Thompson

The area code of New Hampsire is 603

The area codes of Iowa are 319, 515, 563, 641, 712

Turn off your caller id by dialing *67

Record your results and post them here.

Feel free to change any of my words.

F U Frank!

LibertiORDeth
12-08-2007, 03:10 PM
I would, but idk if my mom would let me do this.

Vendico
12-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Hello I am calling from an independant political polling company.

You're kinda lieing...

Hurricane Bruiser
12-08-2007, 03:16 PM
You're kinda lieing...

"independent study" If they probe further, state that you personally are undertaking the study.

TheNewYorker
12-08-2007, 03:18 PM
You know what, this is actually a good idea. We should conduct our own "scientific" phone polls, to see if the ones we see on the news are rigged or not.

Vendico
12-08-2007, 03:20 PM
"independent study" If they probe further, state that you personally are undertaking the study.

Yeah that's better. Can you change the original post to that?

brumans
12-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Good idea. We should do it. Be unbiased as possible.

I think asking if they are over 18 is pretty pointless. If they answer "yes, I plan on voting in the primary/caucus", then they are obviously over 18.

Sean
12-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Good idea. We should do it. Be unbiased as possible.

I think asking if they are over 18 is pretty pointless. If they answer "yes, I plan on voting in the primary/caucus", then they are obviously over 18.

Redundant questions will make you sound official.

kylejack
12-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Make sure to rotate names.

Some people here strike me as really biased, though. Results may be exaggerated.

Sey.Naci
12-08-2007, 06:42 PM
I've some experience with polling...

A good poll will continue trying the same numbers until the phones are answered. For example, 1,000 randomly-chosen numbers will be distributed 100 each to ten people. Those ten people will keep phoning their list numbers until they get a response. Otherwise, the phone numbers are not really randomly-chosen, but selectively chosen on the basis of who was home when the pollster called.

AtomiC
12-08-2007, 06:43 PM
I say we just call people and try to persuade them to vote for Ron Paul. There should be no more silly nonsense where we have to lie like this, ehhh.

Call them and tell them all of RP's major selling points, then they're bound to come over to the light side if they believe in anything.

RonPaulCult
12-08-2007, 07:08 PM
Yeah that's better. Can you change the original post to that?

Done

RonPaulCult
12-08-2007, 07:11 PM
I say we just call people and try to persuade them to vote for Ron Paul. There should be no more silly nonsense where we have to lie like this, ehhh.

Call them and tell them all of RP's major selling points, then they're bound to come over to the light side if they believe in anything.

I don't think it's silly to gain a better understanding of where we actually are in this campaign. The grassroots is running this show just as much as HQ is these days and - most campaigns conduct their own polling (at least that's my understanding).

The problem with the polls you see in the news is that they only use people that voted republican in 2004 (and sometimes 2000).

Using the wording I have selected I think we will get a clearer picture of what is actually going to happen in 2008.

So any takers?

I am in Europe until late next week so I am not in a great position to test this out myself.

RonPaulCult
12-09-2007, 12:48 PM
I am just bumping this because well - I'd really like to see somebody do it.

If not that's cool too.