PDA

View Full Version : Is there any doubt Ron Paul will endorse Darrell Castle?

RonPaulMall
08-12-2016, 12:38 PM
Constitution Party pulled a LP' in 2012 and nominated globalist shill Virgil Goode because of his supposed "electablity" but have gone back to their principles in 2016 and nominated Darrell Castle. Ron Paul endorsed Chuck Baldwin in 2008 when Castle was the Vice Presidential nominee. Is there any doubt Paul is going to endorse Castle and the CP again this time around?

r3volution 3.0
08-12-2016, 12:40 PM
He should endorse Johnson.

I suspect he might endorse no one.

CPUd
08-12-2016, 12:48 PM
There is doubt, because Ron has been known in recent times not to endorse anyone.

undergroundrr
08-12-2016, 01:03 PM
I think he'll continue to endorse voting for any alternative party, not an individual candidate. He's already endorsed voting for the Libertarian Party, but not for the candidates in particular.

08-12-2016, 01:10 PM
I suspect he will not endorse anyone.

Krzysztof Lesiak
08-12-2016, 03:12 PM
He is most likely not going to endorse anyone, but he might end up casting a write-in vote for Darrell Castle.

Unfortunately, Castle might even be on less state ballots this year than Goode in 2012 (26 states). The Constitution Party is not very well organized, seems to generally be in decline, and lacks the donor base of the LP.

Krzysztof Lesiak
08-12-2016, 03:21 PM
Castle is definitively more libertarian than Johnson, at least in the paleolibertarian sense.

http://libertyhangout.org/2016/07/interview-with-darrell-castle-constitution-candidate/

Some quotes from Castle:

I am a non-interventionist, mind your own business candidate. I would only involve us in foreign conflicts if the United States was directly threatened and in danger.

I view the drug war as a total failure and would stop it immediately. The United States certainly has a right to determine what crosses its borders but in general drug policy should be on the state level. I personally favor decriminalization of drugs.

Secure the borders/Control immigration.

Withdraw from the United Nations, NATO, TPP, Nafta, Cafta, Gatt, WTO, etc.

End the Federal Reserve and return monetary policy to Congress where the Constitution places it.

And Castle does believe that taxation is theft.