PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson-Supporting PACs Ready TV Ads

CPUd
08-12-2016, 12:21 PM
Gary Johnson-Supporting PACs Ready TV Ads

A newly launched PAC supporting the Libertarian Party's presidential ticket of former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson and former Massachusetts Gov. William Weld is ready to run a TV ad starting today (as well as a radio one) in the state of Maine's 2nd congressional district.

The PAC has the major-party-baiting name of "Americans Deserve Better" and the web address of "Vote for the Adults."

In an email sent to Reason, Chad Crow, who works with the PAC that is managed by longtime Libertarian Party hands Geoff and Nancy Neale of Texas, said he believes this can have a big payoff since "Maine allocates their electoral votes by CD instead of winner-take-all for the whole state, and that they have a long history of supporting independents."

Crow says the PAC is very pleased with the luck that timed their rollout of the ads with Maine Sen. Susan Collins (R) publicly rejecting Trump.

The PAC intends to run the ad for two weeks, then poll to see if it seemed effective. They promise "a pretty robust buy on broadcast, cable, radio and online."

The ad stresses the governors' experience and tax cutting and unemployment records, and calls on an American desire to have the country be brought "together, to rise above as did President Eisenhower, President Reagan, make us all feel good about being Americans."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Y9NOXhZyg

Another Johnson-supporting PAC has another potential TV ad in the works.

The below ad from PurplePac, the PAC run by Cato Institute co-founder Edward Crane, Crane said in an email this morning might run on Fox this Sunday. In general, "Nothing more planned until I get some money" though Crane believes that if Johnson can indeed get in the presidential debates that big money will flow.

The ad stresses, first, that Johnson is not Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump, and also states that "America deserves better" than those major party choices. The ad stresses that Johnson stands for the Constitution, civil liberties, fiscal responsibility, and freedom, and calls him "the honorable choice."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlhG4a0anE0
http://reason.com/blog/2016/08/11/gary-johnson-supporting-pacs-ready-tv-ad

08-12-2016, 01:31 PM
Interesting. I live in Maine CD2. Cruz and Sanders won the caucus. I think Johnson will do well here, but winning might be a long shot.

CPUd
08-12-2016, 01:36 PM
Last poll form late June shows 19% not committed either way, and very high unfavorables for both Trump and Clinton (and Gov LePage):
http://www.pressherald.com/2016/06/25/portland-press-herald-june-2016-poll-results/

r3volution 3.0
08-12-2016, 09:26 PM
Good ads

The next month will determine whether we have Hillary for 4-8 years.

If Johnson gets in the debates, he could actually win, even if it goes to the House.

If Johnson doesn't get in the debates, hello Clinton II.

phill4paul
08-12-2016, 09:38 PM
Good ad. But, I know better.

The choice is a shit sandwich with Duke's, a shit sandwich with Hellman's or a shit sandwich with Miracle Whip.

Underneath it all it's still a shit sandwich.

r3volution 3.0
08-12-2016, 09:44 PM
Good ad. But, I know better.

The choice is a shit sandwich with Duke's, a shit sandwich with Hellman's or a shit sandwich with Miracle Whip.

Underneath it all it's still a shit sandwich.

Some of Gary's Positions:

end the fed, return to gold standard
balance the budget through spending cuts
replace all existing taxes with single FairTax
abolish Dept. of Education
opposes governmental efforts to mitigate climate change
opposes all business subsidies
opposed TARP
opposed auto company bailouts
opposes Keynesian stimulus spending
opposed Obamacare
opposed the Medicare Part D expansion under Bush
favors cutting social security, medicare, and medicaid
opposes labor unions
wants to eliminate the minimum wage
opposes immigration restrictions/deportation
favors tree trade, opposes tariffs
opposes governmental regulation of internet
opposes PATRIOT Act and NSA spying
opposed Iraq and Libya Wars
opposes involvement in Syria Civil War
opposes involvement in Ukraine Civil War
favors immediate withdrawal from Afghanistan
favors cuts in defense spending
supports 2nd Amendment
opposes War on Drugs
favors legalization of assisted suicide

...and you're going to tell me with a straight face that this is the same as Trumpllary?

phill4paul
08-12-2016, 10:08 PM
Some of Gary's Positions:

end the fed, return to gold standard
balance the budget through spending cuts
replace all existing taxes with single FairTax
abolish Dept. of Education
opposes governmental efforts to mitigate climate change
opposes all business subsidies
opposed TARP
opposed auto company bailouts
opposes Keynesian stimulus spending
opposed Obamacare
opposed the Medicare Part D expansion under Bush
favors cutting social security, medicare, and medicaid
opposes labor unions
wants to eliminate the minimum wage
opposes immigration restrictions/deportation
favors tree trade, opposes tariffs
opposes governmental regulation of internet
opposes PATRIOT Act and NSA spying
opposed Iraq and Libya Wars
opposes involvement in Syria Civil War
opposes involvement in Ukraine Civil War
favors immediate withdrawal from Afghanistan
favors cuts in defense spending
supports 2nd Amendment
opposes War on Drugs
favors legalization of assisted suicide

...and you're going to tell me with a straight face that this is the same as Trumpllary?

No. Not the same in the least. But, c'mon, do I really need to pin point the Johnson/Weld faults? Strike out that shit about 2nd amendment rights as Weld goes all populist talking about dangerous "clips." No. . Johnson doesn't want to de-criminalise Cannabis he wants to Legalize it. Why? Because he has his nose and dick in the industry. No.
Seriously. Don't get me started. It won't be pretty.

I've know a thing or two about politics.

Fucking snake oil salesman sell snake oil.

I don't need a new king.

Do you?

r3volution 3.0
08-12-2016, 10:19 PM
...good luck with your strategy, I'm sure it'll result in more liberty any day now.

Mike4Freedom
08-13-2016, 07:49 AM
...good luck with your strategy, I'm sure it'll result in more liberty any day now.

The biggest problem is that people think they can get freedom from a ballot box. Name one time in history where people became free by voting. Make your own freedom. Don't rely on someone else to do it for you.

That being said, it would be nice seeing GJ in the debates and watching him attack trump and hillary.

clint4liberty
08-13-2016, 05:22 PM
Hopefully, the super pacs springing up will also do television ads in New Mexico, Utah, North Dakota, South Dakota, Idaho, and Alaska. If their enough money to go around maybe four or five additional states.

r3volution 3.0
08-13-2016, 06:49 PM
The biggest problem is that people think they can get freedom from a ballot box. Name one time in history where people became free by voting. Make your own freedom. Don't rely on someone else to do it for you.

It's unlikely that any given election will result in more liberty, but it does happen from time to time.

19th century America is ripe with examples.

That being said, it would be nice seeing GJ in the debates and watching him attack trump and hillary.

Agreed

The stars are aligned in favor of a third party in a way that is unlikely to recur for the foreseeable future.

RJ Liberty
08-14-2016, 02:42 PM
Hopefully, the super pacs springing up will also do television ads in New Mexico, Utah, North Dakota, South Dakota, Idaho, and Alaska. If their enough money to go around maybe four or five additional states.

I read an article the other day that a Johnson-supporting super PAC is running radio ads in specific western states, as of this week.

clint4liberty
08-14-2016, 08:55 PM
That is great news.