PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson's Best Interview Ever (Video)

r3volution 3.0
08-11-2016, 02:37 PM
He's on FOX with Maria Bartiromo right now, I'll post the tube when I find it.

He's absolutely KILLING IT, clearly explaining why he'd be better than Trumpllary on the economy (cut spending, cut regulations, eliminate all federal taxes and replace with the FairTax, etc) and making a fantastic case for non-interventionism, unequivocally stating that the source of our problems is the regime changes of recent years, yet emphasizing that he's for an "impenetrable" national defense (as opposed to offense). Maria tried and abjectly failed to paint him as soft on defense. Gary's usually a bit of a stumbling speaker, but he was cool, calm, and collected here: the adult in the room. By comparison, Hillary looks like a banshee and Trump a psychotic (which, indeed, they are).

Maria looks uncomfortable with how well he's doing.

....like she wants to quick end the interview before the viewers figure out that this guy is vastly superior in every way to Trumpllary.

Till now, I've been supporting Gary in the abstract, for what a good LP turnout could accomplish, without much enthusiasm for him personally.

Now I'm seriously impressed.

If he keeps this up, prizes larger than 5% of the vote might start coming into view.

UPDATE: here's the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMSNVfxpR2Y

afwjam
08-11-2016, 04:10 PM
Sounding better....

dannno
08-11-2016, 04:26 PM
I liked his 3 hour interview with Joe Rogan better, but that was ok.

milgram
08-11-2016, 05:28 PM
"We didn't support Egypt and ended up alienating a lot of our friends in the Middle East"

What did she mean by this? Was the US supposed to support Mubarak in the face of massive protests? Granted the Arab Spring was (allegedly) egged on by covert US ops, but there were still a lot of people in the street.

Or is she talking about the time John Kerry said the US was "restoring democracy" by helping to kick out the Muslim Brotherhood?

eleganz
08-11-2016, 05:44 PM
RCP has him at 9% average, I think a few days ago it was 8.8%.

Jill Stein appears to be trending down while GJ trending up.

More liberal media attacking trump and shit coming out about Hilary only helps us.

This election year is ripe for the libertarian party. GJ needs a catalyst to take him up over 15% consistently across 5 polls, there isn't much time left.

Ideas?

r3volution 3.0
08-11-2016, 05:47 PM

More liberal media attacking trump and shit coming out about Hilary only helps us.

This election year is ripe for the libertarian party. GJ needs a catalyst to take him up over 15% consistently across 5 polls, there isn't much time left.

Ideas?

We should help promote his moneybomb (https://www.johnsonweld.com/).

https://d1p42fqrbwqdsw.cloudfront.net/campaigns/background_images/000/045/494/web/thunderclap-15for15.v3.png?1470856904

He has over 59k pledges so far, which, if each is for $15, would mean nearly $900k.

Make it a million (or more) and get him in the news.

angelatc
08-11-2016, 05:51 PM

Ideas?

If the rumors are true and Bush and/or Romney endorse, it would be a game-changer.

Peace&Freedom
08-11-2016, 06:00 PM
If the rumors are true and Bush and/or Romney endorse, it would be a game-changer.

That development would be huge news, requiring media coverage, probably for several cycles. I wonder whether any LP candidate would really want Bush and Romney's endorsement, though.

r3volution 3.0
08-11-2016, 06:03 PM

Indeed, he really needs a big endorsement.

...not so much because a Romney or a Bush has a constituency to lend him, but just for the press.

Trumpllary is so fucking unpopular it's getting ridiculous, just about every MSM story is now prefaced with "well, they're both terrible, but...."

It's surreal.

The only thing keeping them alive politically is that they're only being compared with each other.

Get Gary up there as a point of reference for what a sane candidate looks like, and I seriously think he could win the general election.

eleganz
08-11-2016, 06:03 PM
That development would be huge news, requiring media coverage, probably for several cycles. I wonder whether any LP candidate would really want Bush and Romney's endorsement, though.

Lightning may not strike twice, when will the stars ever align again to achieve this perfect storm for a third party to get the spotlight?

If I was GJ, I'd be happy with any endorsements that big.

angelatc
08-11-2016, 07:00 PM
Lightning may not strike twice, when will the stars ever align again to achieve this perfect storm for a third party to get the spotlight?

If I was GJ, I'd be happy with any endorsements that big.

Of course he would be. But the Libertarians would fret that it was a bigger indicator of a sell out to the establishment. They might be right.

Thor
08-12-2016, 06:03 AM
Between two nuts lies a Johnson, that's where my vote is.

SilentBull
08-12-2016, 06:13 AM
That was pretty good.

CaptUSA
08-12-2016, 07:08 AM

Yeah, it will get them some attention. But you know what will really be the game-changer? When Hillary and Trump are asked about Gary Johnson and they have to say his name. If Bush and Romney force Trump and Hillary to acknowledge Johnson, this thing could kick open.

Once Trump starts slinging arrows Johnson's way, his polls are going to rise. He may even get his 15%. If this doesn't happen, then I think he'll be stuck.

SilentBull
08-12-2016, 07:40 AM
Yeah, it will get them some attention. But you know what will really be the game-changer? When Hillary and Trump are asked about Gary Johnson and they have to say his name. If Bush and Romney force Trump and Hillary to acknowledge Johnson, this thing could kick open.

Once Trump starts slinging arrows Johnson's way, his polls are going to rise. He may even get his 15%. If this doesn't happen, then I think he'll be stuck.

That's a good point. And we know Trump can't resist. All he needs is to be provoked a little.

dean.engelhardt
08-12-2016, 07:55 AM
Maria did a great job and pulled out lots of details GJ left out in the town halls. Go to 6:40 where Maria discusses the Clinton tax plan. People making $91,000 to $190,000 can expect a large tax hike. This is a middle class killer and economy staller.

angelatc
08-12-2016, 10:02 AM
Maria did a great job and pulled out lots of details GJ left out in the town halls. Go to 6:40 where Maria discusses the Clinton tax plan. People making $91,000 to $190,000 can expect a large tax hike. This is a middle class killer and economy staller.

Your mistake is assuming that the voters care about policy. Hillary's lead didn't move into double digits until she shut up abut policy and started mocking him back.

LibertyEagle
08-12-2016, 10:51 AM
Between two nuts lies a Johnson, that's where my vote is.

Yes, because supporting the Trans Pacific Partnership is such a great thing to vote for. :rolleyes:

CPUd
08-12-2016, 12:19 PM
Yes, because supporting the Trans Pacific Partnership is such a great thing to vote for. :rolleyes:

This forum is for supporting liberty campaigns. If you have a legitimate gripe to make about the johnson campaign, please keep it in the evaluation thread:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?243917-Campaign-Evaluation-Johnson-Weld-Ticket-(POTUS)