PDA

View Full Version : DEA Rejects Attempt to Loosen Federal Restrictions on Marijuana

Created4
08-10-2016, 09:43 PM
The Obama administration has denied a bid by two Democratic governors to reconsider how it treats marijuana under federal drug control laws, keeping the drug for now, at least, in the most restrictive category for U.S. law enforcement purposes.

Drug Enforcement Administration chief Chuck Rosenberg says the decision is rooted in science. Rosenberg gave "enormous weight" to conclusions by the Food and Drug Administration that marijuana has "no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States" and by some measures, it remains highly vulnerable to abuse as the most commonly used illicit drug across the nation.

"This decision isn't based on danger. This decision is based on whether marijuana, as determined by the FDA, is a safe and effective medicine," he said, "and it's not."

Full story at NPR (http://www.npr.org/2016/08/10/489509471/dea-rejects-attempt-to-loosen-federal-restrictions-on-marijuana)

nobody's_hero
08-11-2016, 06:10 AM
Rooted in $cience.

presence
08-11-2016, 06:17 AM
political science?

ChristianAnarchist
08-11-2016, 06:20 AM
DEA to mundanes: Foulk you, foulk you, foulk you, foulk you, foulk you, foulk you, foulk you, foulk you, foulk you, foulk you, and foulk you too!!

tod evans
08-11-2016, 06:22 AM
Government is in the business of perpetuating government.

Occam's Banana
08-11-2016, 07:04 AM
The Obama administration has denied a bid by two Democratic governors to reconsider how it treats marijuana under federal drug control laws, keeping the drug for now, at least, in the most restrictive category for U.S. law enforcement purposes.

If these governors really gave a damn and had any spine, they'd ignore the DEA and the administration (perhaps after telling them to go to hell). Instead, they content themselves with asking for permission that they know will be denied.

This is not going to change until states start asserting their sovereignty and stop allowing themselves to be treated like pseudo-autonomous administrative districts.

Drug Enforcement Administration chief Chuck Rosenberg says the decision is rooted in science. Rosenberg gave "enormous weight" to conclusions by the Food and Drug Administration that marijuana has "no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States" and by some measures, it remains highly vulnerable to abuse as the most commonly used illicit drug across the nation.

"This decision isn't based on danger. This decision is based on whether marijuana, as determined by the FDA, is a safe and effective medicine," he said, "and it's not."

It is not the case that the FDA says so because marijuana has "no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States."

Rather, marijuana has "no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States" only because the FDA says so.

But of course, far be it from the FDA, DEA, etc. to be bothered by such self-justifying sophistries ...

presence
08-11-2016, 07:08 AM
DEA Rejects Attempt to Loosen Federal Restrictions on Marijuana

and another day passes when the public at large rejects the authority of federal restrictions;
1/8 of all Americans continue to puff puff pass in wilful violation of uncle's edicts

Suzanimal
08-11-2016, 07:18 AM
Rosenberg gave "enormous weight" to conclusions by the Food and Drug Administration that marijuana has "no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States"

O_o

The three FDA-approved drugs are Marinol, Cesamet, and Syndros. Drugs like Syndros show great promise for countering today’s dangerous “medical marijuana” movement.

In early July, the FDA approved Syndros as the first orally administered liquid form of THC. Like Marinol, the original oral cannabinoid to gain FDA approval in 1985, Syndros treats anorexia associated with weight loss in patients with AIDS, as well as nausea and vomiting caused by cancer chemotherapy.

Epidiolex is one drug currently on the FDA fast track. According to a recent press release from GW Pharmaceuticals, a study of 171 randomized patients suffering from Lennox-Gastaut and Dravet syndromes found that Epidiolex decreased seizure occurrence, was relatively well tolerated among patients, and generated no unexpected adverse effects.

Other cannabinoid-based medications on the international market today include Cesamet, another synthetic drug that treats nausea and vomiting stemming from chemotherapy; Cannador, which is currently used in Europe and has demonstrated potential to relieve multiple sclerosis symptoms and postoperative pain management; and Sativex, another GW Pharmaceuticals drug on the FDA fast track that treats spasticity caused by multiple sclerosis.

Since these are all medical cannabinoids, they do not require smoking. They are also safer to use because levels of THC can be monitored.

Knowing these safer alternatives exist, ask yourself: Why? Why have the pot pushers kept this secret and why don’t they want you to know this?

Cannabinoid-based drugs are better alternatives because they reap the benefits of marijuana’s therapeutic components safely, as well as have the potential to become FDA approved if they aren’t already.

So the next time a pot pusher encourages a state to enact so-called “medical marijuana” laws, or goes for full legalization in violation of federal law, ask them: Why are they pushing an unsafe, untested product instead of pushing FDA-approved THC?

http://dailysignal.com/2016/08/04/the-dirty-little-secret-pot-pushers-dont-want-you-to-know-about/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=thf-fb

presence
08-11-2016, 07:56 AM
So the next time a pot pusher encourages a state to enact so-called “medical marijuana” laws, or goes for full legalization in violation of federal law, ask them: Why are they pushing an unsafe, untested product instead of pushing FDA-approved THC?

yes... synthesized drugs produced in the past decade with no long term health impact studies
are far safer than the flowers people have been burning for eons without harmful side effects.

tod evans
08-11-2016, 07:56 AM
If these governors really gave a damn and had any spine, they'd ignore the DEA and the administration (perhaps after telling them to go to hell). Instead, they content themselves with asking for permission that they know will be denied.

This is not going to change until states start asserting their sovereignty and stop allowing themselves to be treated like pseudo-autonomous administrative districts.

This simple approach would solve most, if not all, of the problems this country faces under federal rule.

The concept of 'states' was instituted for a reason...

presence
08-11-2016, 07:58 AM
I disagree. This will not be solved until INDIVIDUALS assert their sovereignty and recognize the state, be it federal or local, has ZERO authority to regulate peaceful human action.

Occam's Banana
08-11-2016, 08:11 AM
Boogity-boogity! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?453685-Boogity-boogity-Evil-Weed-propaganda&highlight=boogity-boogity)

Rosenberg gave "enormous weight" to conclusions by the Food and Drug Administration that marijuana has "no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States"
O_o

The three FDA-approved drugs are Marinol, Cesamet, and Syndros. Drugs like Syndros show great promise for countering today’s dangerous “medical marijuana” movement.

In early July, the FDA approved Syndros as the first orally administered liquid form of THC. Like Marinol, the original oral cannabinoid to gain FDA approval in 1985, Syndros treats anorexia associated with weight loss in patients with AIDS, as well as nausea and vomiting caused by cancer chemotherapy.

Epidiolex is one drug currently on the FDA fast track. According to a recent press release from GW Pharmaceuticals, a study of 171 randomized patients suffering from Lennox-Gastaut and Dravet syndromes found that Epidiolex decreased seizure occurrence, was relatively well tolerated among patients, and generated no unexpected adverse effects.

Other cannabinoid-based medications on the international market today include Cesamet, another synthetic drug that treats nausea and vomiting stemming from chemotherapy; Cannador, which is currently used in Europe and has demonstrated potential to relieve multiple sclerosis symptoms and postoperative pain management; and Sativex, another GW Pharmaceuticals drug on the FDA fast track that treats spasticity caused by multiple sclerosis.

Since these are all medical cannabinoids, they do not require smoking. They are also safer to use because levels of THC can be monitored.

Knowing these safer alternatives exist, ask yourself: Why? Why have the pot pushers kept this secret and why don’t they want you to know this?

Cannabinoid-based drugs are better alternatives because they reap the benefits of marijuana’s therapeutic components safely, as well as have the potential to become FDA approved if they aren’t already.

http://dailysignal.com/2016/08/04/th...ampaign=thf-fb (http://dailysignal.com/2016/08/04/the-dirty-little-secret-pot-pushers-dont-want-you-to-know-about/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=thf-fb)

tod evans
08-11-2016, 08:15 AM
I disagree. This will not be solved until INDIVIDUALS assert their sovereignty and recognize the state, be it federal or local, has ZERO authority to regulate peaceful human action.

Asserting freedom or sovereignty against local people is much easier than trying to assert it against a federal bureaucracy.

At the very least people could have 50 different choices on which oppressive governing body they choose to live under.

Convincing the average Joe that he can live under oppression he can affect is a monumental chore that's going to be easier than convincing him he can govern himself...

Occam's Banana
08-11-2016, 08:35 AM
Asserting freedom or sovereignty against local people is much easier than trying to assert it against a federal bureaucracy.

At the very least people could have 50 different choices on which oppressive governing body they choose to live under.

Convincing the average Joe that he can live under oppression he can affect is a monumental chore that's going to be easier than convincing him he can govern himself...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tod evans again.

Sad but true. I wish it were otherwise.

But as was once said in a related context ...

"Urge immediate abolition as earnestly as we may, it will alas! be gradual abolition in the end. We have never said that slavery would be overthrown by a single blow; that it ought to be we shall always contend." -- William Lloyd Garrison (The Liberator, 13 August 1831)

Carlybee
08-11-2016, 08:38 AM
Job protection

tod evans
08-11-2016, 08:43 AM
Asking the DEA to make medical determinations?

Something only government could do with a straight face..

I'm here to wish seizures and other painful and debilitating maladies on all of their progeny.

specsaregood
08-11-2016, 09:00 AM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/aa/5d/15/aa5d15fe903341e7dc635b4a7acf481f.jpg

Valli6
08-11-2016, 09:03 AM
Why'd they even announce they were going to make this non-announcement?
:mad: Fkn morons!

presence
08-11-2016, 09:22 AM

funny. I'd be less inclined to assert my right to medicine of my own choosing to the local cops, than I would be to assert it here to the snooping feds.

tod evans
08-11-2016, 09:30 AM
funny. I'd be less inclined to assert my right to medicine of my own choosing to the local cops, than I would be to assert it here to the snooping feds.

Unless or until people change this exact position all of us are destined to suffer under federal rule...

Brian4Liberty
08-11-2016, 09:46 AM
Drug Enforcement Administration chief Chuck Rosenberg says the decision is rooted in science budget concerns.

Job protection

Exactly.

presence
08-11-2016, 09:55 AM
Unless or until people change this exact position all of us are destined to suffer under federal rule...

human freedom is the disregard - not the localization - of authority

tod evans
08-11-2016, 10:35 AM
human freedom is the disregard - not the localization - of authority

There will always be authority.

Local can be addressed in person.

Dr.3D
08-11-2016, 10:43 AM
political science?
As long as the science is funded by taxpayer money, it's political science.

presence
08-11-2016, 11:07 AM
There will always be authority.

Local can be addressed in person.

I prefer to seek freedom through trade in the marketplace,
distribution and commentary on subversive literature,
not addresses to authority; local, state, or otherwise.

Sterlin Luxan (http://www.notbeinggoverned.com/author/sterlin/) June 2, 2016 The Psychology of Agorism (http://www.notbeinggoverned.com/the-psychology-of-agorism/)

Agorism is the ultimate anarchistic act; it is partly black market economics—but it can encapsulate a variety of markets.
The purpose of agorism is to create anarchism or a free society through trade while disregarding government thugs. It is counter economics. For example, an agorist peddles his drugs, food, or whatever freely with fellow humans. He does not concern himself with regulations and other government oversight.
This activity is natural for agorists, because it satisfies a fundamental psychological need: the urge for freedom. Psychologist William Glasser (http://cur.lv/redirect.php?id=92e8239b25af43f71111a72e85ae25cf&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wglasser.com%2F) elaborated on this need in his many books, including Choice Theory (http://cur.lv/redirect.php?id=92e8239b25af43f71111a72e85ae25cf&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FGlasse r%2527s_choice_theory). He cited the need for love and belonging as the top need, but freedom is right behind it if not the true number one genetically encoded drive.
Therefore, governments cannot stop free trade. No single person can stifle market activity. Supply and demand exists as an economic principle regardless of government violence, and agorists will always crop up to trade according to their will. It is time to embrace our natural inclination to trade and live uninhibited, fearless of coercion.
It is time to acknowledge the truth: that government is a figment of our imagination—that there is only a bunch of people who pretend to have authority over a geographical region. Agorism is just one facet of direct action anarchists can take against the State. Why not use this peaceful weapon to undermine all authority?
Show me your wares and trades, and I will show you mine!

kfarnan
08-11-2016, 11:14 AM
I'm done.

tod evans
08-11-2016, 11:15 AM
I prefer to seek freedom through trade in the marketplace,
distribution and commentary on subversive literature,
not addresses to authority; local, state, or otherwise.

That is all well and good until those in authority come knocking...

There's a chance of knocking back if they're local.

There are some here who actually appeal to authority, most accept that it exists and try to avoid it at all costs while others refuse to acknowledge that it's quite real.

All are at risk.

JK/SEA
08-11-2016, 11:21 AM
I'm done.

then pass that reefer on...don't hog it.

asurfaholic
08-11-2016, 11:37 AM
Why do you guys hate America so much?

It's for the kids.

Do you hate the kids?

ZENemy
08-11-2016, 11:44 AM
Abolish the DEA...FDA.......phshs, fuck it, abolish the entire federal goverment.

sam1952
08-11-2016, 12:03 PM
then pass that reefer on...don't hog it.

"Don't bogart that joint, my friend
Pass it over to me" ~ Fraternity Of Man

buck000
08-11-2016, 12:19 PM
.gov bureaucracies need to get their story straight....

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=6630507.PN.&OS=PN/6630507&RS=PN/6630507

https://sites.google.com/site/6630507/

:rolleyes:

Occam's Banana
08-11-2016, 07:15 PM
It's for the kids.

Do you hate the kids?

Yeah, I do - 'coz the little bastards grow up to be things like FDA and DEA hacks (such as Chuck Rosenberg) ... ;)

devil21
08-11-2016, 07:32 PM
Why'd they even announce they were going to make this non-announcement?
:mad: Fkn morons!

They had to give the green light to big pharma that they can start procuring more wide-ranging cannabis strains. Those 'research licenses' for growers and sellers will undoubtedly go to various pharma shell companies. That's what the real story here is I think. Making it so only the big pharmas and big agris have access to develop their drugs and gmo versions while keeping production and supply away from the little guy. It'll be rescheduled once big pharma and big agri have a firm hold of all aspects on the plant, from seed to pill. Can't let the little guy get ahead...that's just bad for non-competition, dontchaknow.