PDA

View Full Version : Johnson leads the field among 18-24 year olds (35%)

Foreigner
08-09-2016, 10:48 PM
From Investors Business Daily Poll among 18-24 year olds:

Johnson - 35%
Clinton - 30%
Stein - 14%
Trump - 12%

Johnson scored 12% overall with all demographics.

Link to news-story at Redstate (http://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2016/08/08/gary-johnson-leads-18-24-demographic-clinton-trump./)

Link to poll data (http://www.investors.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/POSTING_Tables_Aug2016_Horserace_Registered-Voters.pdf)

Natural Citizen
08-09-2016, 11:01 PM
About 10 of them will show up to vote. http://spiritcompanion.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/party.gif

anaconda
08-09-2016, 11:36 PM
About 10 of them will show up to vote.

LOL

eleganz
08-10-2016, 12:57 AM
About 10 of them will show up to vote. http://spiritcompanion.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/party.gif

Uhh, it is only a measurement of the % of those polled, not a measurement of how many 18-24's will show up on election day.

Natural Citizen
08-10-2016, 01:00 AM
Uhh, it is only a measurement of the % of those polled, not a measurement of how many 18-24's will show up on election day.

ABOUT THE POLL (851 REGISTERED VOTERS, 7/29 TO 8/4, MOE: +/‐3.4 PERCENTAGE POINTS)

http://www.investors.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/POSTING_Tables_Aug2016_Horserace_Registered-Voters.pdf

Right?

Respectfully, I'm not a fresh dolt that just jumped on some bandwagon who doesn't understand the methodology and reasoning behind polls. So you can spare me the lesson. Thanks.

And for that matter, 35%% of 18-24 year olds polled likely have a misguided perception of what libertarianism is because of people like Gary Johnson and the people who organize on his behalf. He openly rejects Individual Liberty's principal support. He's got no business even having his name mentioned in a Liberty Campaign forum.

He's a libertine at best.

eleganz
08-10-2016, 01:07 AM
If you're going to be bitchy about getting sh*t wrong, don't get sh*t wrong?

ABOUT THE POLL (851 REGISTERED VOTERS, 7/29 TO 8/4, MOE: +/‐3.4 PERCENTAGE POINTS)

http://www.investors.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/POSTING_Tables_Aug2016_Horserace_Registered-Voters.pdf

Right?

Respectfully, I'm not a fresh dolt that just jumped on some bandwagn who doesn't understand the methodology and reasoning behind polls. So you can spare me the lesson. Thanks.

Natural Citizen
08-10-2016, 01:13 AM
If you're going to be bitchy about getting sh*t wrong, don't get sh*t wrong?

I'm not wrong. I'm right. The poll was a measurement of 851 REGISTERED VOTERS. Was it not? Why would a poll be put up to profess that Johnson leads a phone survey among 851 18-24 year old registered voters if one wasn't trying to create the illusion that they were going to show up and vote in an impactful way? Hm? Why? They don't historically show up to vote. And when November comes and Johnson maybe pulls 2% of the vote, I'm going to tell you that I told you so. Also, screw Gary Johnson and the horse he rode in on. It's a disservice to the cause of Individual Liberty to promote a candidate for the presidency (in Liberty's name, no less) who openly rejects its most fundamental principal support. To openly reject Individual Liberty's most fundamental principal support is a patent rejection of the concept of Individual life and Liberty fully. Some of you people should be utterly ashamed of yourselves for being wilfully complicit in the blatant coercion and aggressiveness toward Individual Liberty's most fundamental supporting principal by organizing for its outspoken aggressor. And in Liberty's name even. It's disgraceful when observed and judged morally.

RJ Liberty
08-10-2016, 03:31 AM
From Investors Business Daily Poll among 18-24 year olds:

Johnson - 35%
Clinton - 30%
Stein - 14%
Trump - 12%

Johnson scored 12% overall with all demographics.

Link to news-story at Redstate (http://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2016/08/08/gary-johnson-leads-18-24-demographic-clinton-trump./)

Link to poll data (http://www.investors.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/POSTING_Tables_Aug2016_Horserace_Registered-Voters.pdf)

Thanks! I'm enjoying seeing both the Dems and Reps at record low polling numbers, in poll after poll. Trump's in fourth place in this poll. Fourth!

ChaosControl
08-10-2016, 03:32 PM
Haha even Stein is beating Trump. Good job GOP primary voters with nominating the worst presidential candidate in US history.

NewRightLibertarian
08-10-2016, 03:43 PM
"Giant Meteor" would have gotten 40 percent.

undergroundrr
08-10-2016, 03:43 PM
Some of you people should be utterly ashamed of yourselves for being wilfully complicit in the blatant coercion and aggressiveness toward Individual Liberty's most fundamental supporting principal by organizing for its outspoken aggressor.

If FIFY's weren't discouraged on RPF, I would get such giggles changing phrases in your posts like "Individual Liberty's most fundamental supporting principal [sic]" with the word "cake."

GJ isn't going to challenge public accommodation in a media appearance, just like Ron Paul wisely didn't challenge the Social Security system in 2008 or 2012. Social Security is a much more heinous violation of Individual Liberty's most fundamental supporting principle. Nonetheless, I think Ron Paul is really great.

misterx
08-10-2016, 04:35 PM
According to them 79% of 18-24 year olds want open borders. I don't think so.

Natural Citizen
08-10-2016, 04:49 PM
If FIFY's weren't discouraged on RPF, I would get such giggles changing phrases in your posts like "Individual Liberty's most fundamental supporting principal [sic]" with the word "cake."

No, you know who's giggling? I'll tell you who. The cultural Marxists (who are the true establishment) are giggling. They're giggling because useful idiots like you and yours are wilfully providing the legwork for their aggressive cause against the legitimacy of the fundamental principles of Individual Liberty. That's who's giggling.

Useful idiots who tend to participate in coercion generally understand very little of its function or the impact of their wilful role in it. And given your amusement in participating in it wilfully, it is obvious that you have little regard for its consequence.

undergroundrr
08-10-2016, 09:43 PM
No, you know who's giggling? I'll tell you who. The cultural Marxists (who are the true establishment) are giggling. They're giggling because useful idiots like you and yours are wilfully providing the legwork for their aggressive cause against the legitimacy of the fundamental principles of Individual Liberty. That's who's giggling.

Useful idiots who tend to participate in coercion generally understand very little of its function or the impact of their wilful role in it. And given your amusement in participating in it wilfully, it is obvious that you have little regard for its consequence.

Well, you certainly understand the fundamental principles of ad hominem. But you didn't address my point about public accommodation and social security as election stump fodder. Was Ron Paul wrong not to demand the immediate repeal of the Social Security Act of 1935?

08-10-2016, 09:55 PM
That looks good for the LP in the future. If 1/3 of young voters reject the 2 major partys that could grow up into a US where we have more than 2 parties. For GJ it probably doesn't mean squat, kids don't vote.

08-10-2016, 09:57 PM
"Giant Meteor" would have gotten 40 percent.

Maybe, maybe not. In polls that ask all ages about GJ plus "other" and "none" he still pulls double digits.

r3volution 3.0
08-10-2016, 10:06 PM
Thanks! I'm enjoying seeing both the Dems and Reps at record low polling numbers, in poll after poll. Trump's in fourth place in this poll. Fourth!

That's really pretty amazing.

He's beating Stein by an order of magnitude overall and still loses to her among the youth.

I may have to adjust downward my already abysmally low expectations about Trump's performance.

Natural Citizen
08-10-2016, 10:07 PM
Well, you certainly understand the fundamental principles of ad hominem.

No. I was correctly calling a spade a spade. And politely so, I'd add. So put your arbitrary victim status card back in your wallet. It's not valid.

Natural Citizen
08-10-2016, 10:15 PM
But you didn't address my point about public accommodation social security as election stump fodder.

You have no point. Do you really think a bunch of libertine stoners care about any of that? Please.

My previous observation remains true...

No, you know who's giggling? I'll tell you who. The cultural Marxists (who are the true establishment) are giggling. They're giggling because useful idiots like you and yours are wilfully providing the legwork for their aggressive cause against the legitimacy of the fundamental principles of Individual Liberty from within. That's who's giggling.

JK/SEA
08-11-2016, 10:33 AM
According to them 79% of 18-24 year olds want open borders. I don't think so.

along with the fact this demographic likes their abortions. GJ will make sure they get to murder their babies like the true libertarian he is....

undergroundrr
08-11-2016, 11:40 AM
You have no point. Do you really think a bunch of libertine stoners care about any of that? Please.

My previous observation remains true...

Your dignity will benefit if you have the courage to answer the question face on. Either both Ron Paul and Gary Johnson are correct in this strategic point, or they're both incorrect.

Is it "a disservice to the cause of Individual Liberty to promote" [Ron Paul] "(in Liberty's name, no less) who openly rejects its most fundamental principal support" through arguing for the continuation of the abominable and wealth-destroying Social Security Ponzi scheme during a political campaign for president?

Regardless, I'll still make the assumption that your a good fellow.

undergroundrr
08-11-2016, 11:41 AM
along with the fact this demographic likes their abortions. GJ will make sure they get to murder their babies like the true libertarian he is....

Yes, the pro-choice stance is a big reason why he's being shown to take more votes from Hillary than trump.