PDA

View Full Version : Romney, McCain, Bush Set to Endorse Gary Johnson

CaseyJones
08-09-2016, 06:24 AM
http://www.smobserved.com/story/2016/08/09/news/romney-mccain-bush-other-major-republicans-set-to-endorse-libertarian-gary-johnson-for-president/1713.html

Mitt Romney, George Bush 41 and George Bush 43, as well as other mainstream Republican party figures, are set to endorse Libertarian Presidential Candidate Gary Johnson next week, say sources within the "Never Trump" movement and other disaffected Republicans.

lol

Origanalist
08-09-2016, 06:35 AM
Nothing says freedom and liberty like a Bush-Romney endorsement. What a whacked out political season this is.

CaptUSA
08-09-2016, 06:39 AM
Couple this with Evan McMullin entering the race and Johnson may actually win Utah. Gotta admit that that would be pretty cool.

I may have to root for Trump in Florida and Wisconsin.

http://www.270towin.com/maps/b1xOX

wizardwatson
08-09-2016, 07:28 AM
Nothing says freedom and liberty like a Bush-Romney endorsement. What a whacked out political season this is.

What's whacked out about it? The right doesn't have their establishment candidate in the race, so they have to support the left one by signaling to the base that they should just throw their vote away.

It's sneaky, underhanded, shameful, dishonest, and hypocritical. In other words, business as usual.

Peace&Freedom
08-09-2016, 07:58 AM
What's whacked out about it? The right doesn't have their establishment candidate in the race, so they have to support the left one by signaling to the base that they should just throw their vote away.

It's sneaky, underhanded, shameful, dishonest, and hypocritical. In other words, business as usual.

Hilarious threadwinner.

enhanced_deficit
08-09-2016, 08:08 AM
Something good does come out of Trumpster's candidacy.
He's separating neocons from GOP at alarming rate.

Keep it going.

William Tell
08-09-2016, 08:18 AM
McCain already endorsed Trump, it would be surprising if he switched.

Sen. John McCain said he will back Donald Trump in the general election despite misgivings over his candidacy, sticking to his promise to back the Republican Party’s presidential nominee and urging other party leaders to get on board.

“You have to listen to people who have chosen the nominee of our Republican party,” Mr. McCain said on CNN’s “State of the Union.” (http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/08/politics/john-mccain-donald-trump/) “I think it would be foolish to ignore them.”

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/05/08/john-mccain-says-gop-must-abide-voters-wishes-on-trump/

Origanalist
08-09-2016, 08:28 AM

Who are you refering to as the right?

CPUd
08-09-2016, 08:30 AM
Something good does come out of Trumpster's candidacy.
He's separating neocons from GOP at alarming rate.

Keep it going.

It's only temporary. His voters let neocons and Chamber Republicans get nominated for Congress and conservatives chair their state parties. By next year, they will be begging for Bush, Rubio, Cruz to run. If a real candidate tries to run, they will not last long.

Related:
Ben Shapiro: Trump Just Burned Down Conservatism. The Time To Rebuild Begins Now. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?494836-Ben-Shapiro-Trump-Just-Burned-Down-Conservatism-The-Time-To-Rebuild-Begins-Now)

CaseyJones
08-09-2016, 09:40 AM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/20/20dc7825d07c77cf179e08b58cdfaf736e09542908cb9a1dfd 07bbbc900f35ec.jpg

r3volution 3.0
08-09-2016, 09:46 AM
I could almost see Romney endorsing Johnson...

McCain and Bush? ...I kindly doubt it.

puppetmaster
08-09-2016, 09:46 AM
So Johnson is pro-choice answer supports Planned Parenthood and I guess Romney would be also?

wizardwatson
08-09-2016, 09:48 AM
Who are you refering to as the right?

I was simply going with the MSM version of the right to get my point across about the whole thing being crooked.

AuH20
08-09-2016, 10:20 AM
The clear choice for Trump crystallizes with each passing day. What a comical election season.

Neocon criminals allying themselves with the beltway libertarians?!?!? haw haw. What a knee-slapper!!!

r3volution 3.0
08-09-2016, 10:29 AM
So Johnson is pro-choice answer supports Planned Parenthood and I guess Romney would be also?

Trump is pro-choice too, FYI.

But anyway, the reason I wouldn't be totally surprised if Romney endorsed Johnson is as follows:

Romney, IMO, did not propose the horrendous policies he proposed over the course of his career out of conviction; he (like most politicians) did it to get elected. Deep down, I think he's a moderately conservative person on fiscal and social issues. And I think he has no particular love for the neocons (though he's by no means a non-interventionist, more like a selective engagement guy). This describes the bulk of elected GOPers IMO. The foaming at the mouth warpigs are a minority, albeit a highly influential one thanks to the donors behind them. So anyway, now that Romney's done with politics, and has no more donors or please or elections to win, I think he might vote his conscience, which given the atrocious sack of shit his party nominated this year, could conceivably be Gary.

McCain and Bush are another story...

McCain is a wholly owned subsidiary of Lockheed Martin, facing a tough reelection bid. He's not endorsing a peace candidate.

The Bushes aren't currently running for any office, but they're a dynasty with electoral ambitions in the future, so they're not either.

We'll see, that's a lot of speculation, but I think it'll turn out that way.

Origanalist
08-09-2016, 10:48 AM
The clear choice for Trump crystallizes with each passing day. What a comical election season.

Neocon criminals allying themselves with the beltway libertarians?!?!? haw haw. What a knee-slapper!!!

Ummmm, no.

enhanced_deficit
08-09-2016, 11:19 AM
It's only temporary. His voters let neocons and Chamber Republicans get nominated for Congress and conservatives chair their state parties. By next year, they will be begging for Bush, Rubio, Cruz to run. If a real candidate tries to run, they will not last long.

Related:
Ben Shapiro: Trump Just Burned Down Conservatism. The Time To Rebuild Begins Now. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?494836-Ben-Shapiro-Trump-Just-Burned-Down-Conservatism-The-Time-To-Rebuild-Begins-Now)

Is this same Ben Shapiro who says Obama adminstration is "jew hating"?

adissa
08-09-2016, 11:25 AM
http://www.smobserved.com/story/2016/08/09/news/romney-mccain-bush-other-major-republicans-set-to-endorse-libertarian-gary-johnson-for-president/1713.html

lolthey just voted for Hillary.

I agree.

CaseyJones
08-09-2016, 04:11 PM
HaHa moved to "liberty" campaigns

luctor-et-emergo
08-09-2016, 04:49 PM
I'm sorry 'Merica....

but....

http://www.dorpsdaghooglanderveen.nl/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/popcorn-boxes.jpg

brandon
08-09-2016, 06:06 PM
Would be awesome but I really doubt this happens. Maybe Jeb would, but not the others. Definitely not mccain.

puppetmaster
08-09-2016, 07:47 PM
Trump is pro-choice too, FYI.

But anyway, the reason I wouldn't be totally surprised if Romney endorsed Johnson is as follows:

Romney, IMO, did not propose the horrendous policies he proposed over the course of his career out of conviction; he (like most politicians) did it to get elected. Deep down, I think he's a moderately conservative person on fiscal and social issues. And I think he has no particular love for the neocons (though he's by no means a non-interventionist, more like a selective engagement guy). This describes the bulk of elected GOPers IMO. The foaming at the mouth warpigs are a minority, albeit a highly influential one thanks to the donors behind them. So anyway, now that Romney's done with politics, and has no more donors or please or elections to win, I think he might vote his conscience, which given the atrocious sack of shit his party nominated this year, could conceivably be Gary.

McCain and Bush are another story...

McCain is a wholly owned subsidiary of Lockheed Martin, facing a tough reelection bid. He's not endorsing a peace candidate.

The Bushes aren't currently running for any office, but they're a dynasty with electoral ambitions in the future, so they're not either.

We'll see, that's a lot of speculation, but I think it'll turn out that way. i will the other side.....since he is mormon. Guess we will see.....yeah trump.is pro choice.....sucks. I think every candidate is this year.

jkob
08-09-2016, 09:44 PM
kiss of death

don't see this happening, think the Bush's keep their head low since they have George P rising up thru the ranks

cindy25
08-09-2016, 10:20 PM
Romney will, McCain will not; Bush 41-I doubt it, 43-maybe, Jeb-probably. if Johnson takes CO, NM, UT it goes to the house. both majors are fragile and could easily drop from low 40s to low 30s

anaconda
08-09-2016, 11:24 PM
Interesting since Gary Johnson hurts Billary more than he hurts The Donald, polls indicate.

Natural Citizen
08-09-2016, 11:27 PM
Interesting since Gary Johnson hurts Billary more than he hurts The Donald, polls indicate.

Polls are likely wrong. Seems like we ought to know a thing or fifty about the legitimacy of polls around here.

anaconda
08-10-2016, 12:19 AM
Polls are likely wrong. Seems like we ought to know a thing or fifty about the legitimacy of polls around here.

Polls overall seem decent. They got it right with both Ron and Rand for the most part.

mrsat_98
08-10-2016, 05:35 AM

He sucks less than boff' 'em

ChristianAnarchist
08-10-2016, 05:55 AM
Polls overall seem decent. They got it right with both Ron and Rand for the most part.

Polls? Who cares about the polls when you control the vote count?

bunklocoempire
08-10-2016, 12:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/OxtUSkO.gif

jllundqu
08-10-2016, 12:45 PM
An endorsement from these clowns does more harm than good.

08-11-2016, 02:06 PM
I think Romney might. The Bushes maybe, one brother did, that may be an implied endorsement. I don't think McCain will.

Working Poor
08-13-2016, 06:26 AM
LOL

clint4liberty
08-13-2016, 05:26 PM
I am not in favor of the Constitution Party this year. The party infighting has killed any chances to the Constitution Party obtaining ballot access in forty states much less fifty.

jmdrake
08-13-2016, 05:32 PM
An endorsement from these clowns does more harm than good.

That's what I was thinking. Kiss of death.