PDA

View Full Version : Nehlen Makes Final Appeal to Wisconsin Voters

kahless
08-08-2016, 04:35 PM
Paul Nehlen Makes Final Appeal to Wisconsin Voters: ‘One Vote to Save America’
http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/08/07/paul-nehlen-final-appeal-wisconsin-vote-save-america/

or two decades, Paul Ryan has been Congress’ greatest advocate for the donor class’ open borders trade and immigration agenda.

Dating back to the mid-90s, Paul Ryan helped lead the charge to give illegal aliens in California benefits paid for by U.S. taxpayers. Ryan then fought against bipartisan legislation inspired by Civil Rights leader Barbara Jordan to curb immigration into the United States and protect American workers. In 2013, Ryan worked hand-in-hand with open borders advocate, Luis Gutierrez, to push Barack Obama’s amnesty agenda. In 2015, as House Speaker, Ryan used his position of power to fund sanctuary cities, to fund executive amnesty, to fund a controversial expansion to the admission of low-skilled foreign guest workers, and to fund an increase in Muslim immigration into the United States.

As NumbersUSA President Roy Beck has explained, “There’s nobody in the Republican Party who could be worse [on the issue of immigration] than Paul Ryan… Open borders is in his ideological DNA… He’s an ideologue… open borders seeps out of every pore of his being… Paul Ryan is the heart and soul of crony capitalism.”

While Paul Nehlen has spoken out in favor of immigration control and has advocated on behalf of the American victims of illegal alien crime, Paul Ryan has ignored these victims as he’s continued to push his open borders agenda.

Rarely before in history have a people been given such an opportunity to affect such profound change as Wisconsin voters have in this open primary.

All we have to do is cast one ballot on August 9th.

With your one vote you can stop amnesty for good.

With your one vote you can stop TPP.

With your one vote you can end rule by corporations.

You can end the corruption, the corporatism, the kickbacks.

You can end the serfdom to special interests and become free and safe and secure.

More "on issues" on his campaign website, some excerpts about TPP and trade.

http://www.paulnehlen.com/nehlen-issues/

Stop Pretending That Captured Markets Are ‘Free’ Markets.
One of the greatest travesties ever to happen in this country is the theft and co-option of the terms “free trade” and “free market.”

Free trade—real free trade—is nothing more than a simple, exchange of goods and services. If you have a product or service to sell, and I think it’s worth some of my hard-earned money, we make a trade. You and I, as the people making that exchange, decide on mutually agreeable terms.

A free market is simply one comprised of many such voluntary, cooperative agreements. It’s you and me getting to make our own choices about what we want and how we’re going to achieve it.

What Washington, D.C., calls “free trade” and “free markets” today is mostly just plain cronyism. Government force is leveraged to create managed and private markets. These controlled markets aren’t constructed to benefit average citizens. Instead, they benefit big banks, corporate monopolies, and public-private partners who have their own agendas.

Guess who else benefits from managed and private markets…

Paul Ryan has personally enriched his campaign coffers by supporting captured markets. And he’s done so at great expense to you and me—to our freedoms, our pocketbooks, and our jobs.

I refuse to call trade and markets “free” when they are clearly centrally planned—captured and controlled.

It’s time to stop the abuse of language coming from the Washington spin machine. And it’s time to derail Paul Ryan’s gravy train.
Show less
Reject Corrupt International Trade Agreements.
Massive international “trade” deals are a hallmark of the centrally planned markets described above. These so-called deals benefit big banks, big law firms, and other special interests, while hurting the rest of us. We all saw the manufacturing and jobs exodus that NAFTA brought us in the 1990s. We’ve seen others since. These agreements are never structured favorably for American manufacturing, industry, or jobs. They foster monopolies, cater to cheap labor, and crush small businesses.

Why, then, has Paul Ryan become a prominent spokesmen for the biggest and most corrupt international trade agreement yet—fast-track Trade Promotion Authority and the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPA/TPP)?

Drafted in secret, TPA/TPP is more than 5,000 pages long.

For weeks, our own legislators in Washington were only permitted to review this monster of a bill within the confines of a locked room in the basement of the Capitol Visitor Center. Moreover, our representatives were:

Ÿ PROHIBITED from viewing more than one section of this proposal at a time;
Ÿ FORBIDDEN to make any notes or take photos to carry out of the room; and
Ÿ BARRED from discussing the bill’s content with anyone, including staffers and constituents.

Does it sound to you like a good “deal” that’s unfolding for the people of Wisconsin’s 1st Congressional District or the people of the United States?

You and I know—because we’ve seen it before—that when Washington tells us it has to pass a bill before we can know what’s in it, we’re about to get the pointy, short end of a very ugly stick.

TPA/TPP isn’t just another bad trade deal. It is NAFTA and CAFTA on steroids. It will decimate manufacturing and industry in Wisconsin’s 1st District and across the U.S. It won’t just lead to a massive flight of manufacturing and jobs from our shores. It will also result in massive numbers of workers being imported here from across our borders and overseas. In many cases, shamefully, those imported workers will be housed in closed compounds where they will be little more than slave labor or indentured servants on our own shores.

These are not values I can, in good conscience embrace.

Didn’t we fight a war to eliminate slavery in the United States?

Paul Ryan’s betrayal on TPA/TPP was the personal tipping point for me in deciding to mount this campaign. I’m a manufacturing guy. Have been my whole life. My love of manufacturing and industry is a big part of why I’ve chosen to live and work in Wisconsin’s 1st district. I could not—I cannot—sit by and watch Paul Ryan sell us out on the very things that should allow this district and this country to thrive and prosper.

TPA/TPP must be stopped. And that means Paul Ryan must be stopped.

LibertyEagle
08-08-2016, 05:37 PM
Go Nehlen Go!!!!

CaptUSA
08-08-2016, 06:02 PM
Wait a sec... Didn't your boy "support and endorse" the other guy?

FSP-Rebel
08-08-2016, 08:56 PM
Wait a sec... Didn't your boy "support and endorse" the other guy?

We're talking about/against speaker dipshit here but thanks for your contribution. I mean, just let it go when the obvious is garbage.

CaseyJones
08-09-2016, 09:13 PM
Ryan won
85%

kahless
08-09-2016, 09:38 PM
In a district that is 91.1% white and 72% white/grey collar workers, at least on immigration I suppose the district has not felt the impact of Ryan's policies like most of the rest of the country. Then again the media provides no coverage of what a globalist piece of shit scumbag Paul Ryan is so those who have been effected by his trade and open border immigration policies do not know who to blame.

No doubt also name recognition played an issue with his name said a 100 times a day on FNC with a smile was enough for the sheeple in that district to pull the lever for the traitor.

One can only hope some day the voters in US House District 1 will suffer like those who have been effected by Lyin Paul TPP Ryan.

Brian4Liberty
08-09-2016, 10:11 PM
Already said this before the vote:

Ryan is the incumbent. Voters are generally ignorant, politically lazy and status quo. It's never their person that is the problem. They are proud of their guy, especially if the politician has become more prominent and important. Voting against Ryan is voting against themselves, and pulling the lever for the name they recognize is maintaining the status quo.

kahless
08-09-2016, 10:15 PM
Ryan is the incumbent. Voters are generally ignorant, politically lazy and status quo. It's never their person that is the problem. They are proud of their guy, especially if the politician has become more prominent and important. Voting against Ryan is voting against themselves, and pulling the lever for the name they recognize is maintaining the status quo.

Then they need to pay the price. For a start I would like to see a campaign to get people to demand all refugee and immigration resettlement to Ryan's district.

William Tell
08-09-2016, 10:17 PM
pnehlen
@pnehlen (http://twitter.com/pnehlen)

We very likely stopped TPP and damaged Paul Ryan's ability to continue growing government. That's the beginning of a fight we're ready to get started.
https://twitter.com/pnehlen/status/763202234771447808

kahless
08-10-2016, 12:11 PM
Ryan won
85%

I suppose it explains why Trump did not endorse him. The media today would be blaming the loss on his policies, Trump's endorsement and that connection with the November election.

NewRightLibertarian
08-10-2016, 12:15 PM
I suppose it explains why Trump did not endorse him. The media today would be blaming the loss on his policies, Trump's endorsement and that connection with the November election.

Yeah, Trump made a shrewd move understanding that Nehlen was gonna lose regardless. Still, it's disappointing. Also, seeing libertarians rally around Paul Ryan on Twitter and Facebook has been extremely disconcerting.

CPUd
08-10-2016, 01:21 PM
According to Breitbart, support for Ryan was below 50%:
Paul Ryan Plummets to 43 Percent in New Primary Poll (http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/07/09/paul-ryan-plummets-to-43-percent-in-new-primary-poll/)

Though that was a month ago. What happened since then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlgjS--OsYw

Clearly, if it weren't for the Trump endorsement, Ryan would have lost, or just barely squeaked by.

misterx
08-10-2016, 04:45 PM
Ryan was going to win this no matter what. Wisconsin is probably the top stronghold for the neocons in primary politics.