PDA

View Full Version : Media hit pieces on Huckabee... his lead was too large.

Lacrosseus
12-08-2007, 01:33 PM
They had to bring him back down to make sure there was something to write about. They built him up too far and it was starting to look like the Iowa race was over. They needed to keep people coming back to their papers and web-sites.

Drudge has two of the hit pieces in RED on page top.

So if they cut him down... will those supporting him walk away from the primary, or go somewhere else? I believe they will walk away and this will make the real support numbers even harder to estimate.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071208/ap_on_el_pr/huckabee_aids

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1207/7270.html

InRonWeTrust
12-08-2007, 01:37 PM
The MSM raised Huck up, and then can bring him down.

Ron, on the other hand, was not built by the MSM, so they cannot bring him down.

FreeTraveler
12-08-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm doing what I can to tank The Huck. See my signature. :D

paulitics
12-08-2007, 02:01 PM
What happened with Ghoul being in the spotlight? Wasn't there a bunch of controversy about his ties to 911 conspirators, right before Huckabee became the media darling?

Lacrosseus
12-08-2007, 02:10 PM
What happened with Ghoul being in the spotlight? Wasn't there a bunch of controversy about his ties to 911 conspirators

Yeah... and it was quite effective. It pulled the little support he had...

The MSM raised Huck up, and then can bring him down. Ron, on the other hand, was not built by the MSM, so they cannot bring him down.

That's right...

:)

Lacrosseus
12-08-2007, 02:16 PM

I like your Huckabee for President commercial...

Has anyone done one of those morph pics with his before and after weight loss pics? There has got to be a way to incorporate that into a commercial that gets a laugh -- and helps portray him as the joke he really is.

sharedvoice
12-08-2007, 03:09 PM

Right on. I think everyone should also do the same. Notice mine. LOL

Maverick
12-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Doesn't anyone think that saying that homosexuality is 'sinful' and 'aberrant' will only strengthen his support among his uber-militant evangelical base up there in Iowa?

Lacrosseus
12-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Doesn't anyone think that saying that homosexuality is 'sinful' and 'aberrant' will only strengthen his support among his uber-militant evangelical base up there in Iowa?

Yes... I agree it will among the militant base but they were going to vote for him anyway. It does not help anywhere else... and if he answers to the reports, anything he says can, and will be, used against him.

Once he starts dropping in the national polls... and he will, that is going to be difficult for him to stop because the media may very well pile on.

torchbearer
12-08-2007, 03:54 PM

Yeh, and they are bigots and are not the majority. Most people will be repulse by such hatred and bigotry... it defines him well.

SamLowrey
12-08-2007, 04:26 PM
The MSM raised Huck up, and then can bring him down.

Ron, on the other hand, was not built by the MSM, so they cannot bring him down.

Yes, it all makes sense to those who pay attention. The media tries to select the leaders that most need "approval" since they are in the business of dishing out said approval and thus make themselves more powerful. This is why they have so much contempt for Paul but they didn't seem to notice the growing effect of the Internet.....

I generaly express contempt for those I know that actually watch tv - or at least the ones that do so non-critically. "What the hell do you watch THAT crap for"?