PDA

View Full Version : What will get people to not support Trump.

silverhandorder
08-04-2016, 05:59 PM
I see a lot of weak posts trying to peel support away from Trump. This is what will not work. Pointing out that he had changed on positions he took in the past. Trying to claim he is flip flopping too often. Trying to call him racist. Trying to call him dumb. Trying to tell him how to run his campaign. Going after his family. Bringing in liberal sources. Pointing out how he can't beat Hillary. Attacking his supporters.

What will work. Showing him being disloyal to his people. Showing him go 180 on immigration, trade. And it goes without saying should be backed up by sources that are not biased against him.

If you Trump haters would follow this simple guide this forum would be free of your teeth gnashing.

Tywysog Cymru
08-04-2016, 06:00 PM
Trump.

Lovecraftian4Paul
08-04-2016, 06:01 PM
The only thing I can think of is total proof that he was some kind of Hillary plant. But then this would backfire on Hillary as well, and I really don't know what would happen. It seems like both parties would be forced to pull their nominees if this crazy hypothetical unfolded.

I don't buy into this theory myself, of course. I can't imagine Trump receiving any reward from the Clintons that would be worth suffering a year of being public enemy #1, smeared as a racist/sexist/whatever constantly, etc.

Origanalist
08-04-2016, 06:08 PM
A six pack of good beer would be enough for me.

Origanalist
08-04-2016, 06:08 PM
:)

angelatc
08-04-2016, 06:10 PM
A better alternative.

silverhandorder
08-04-2016, 06:11 PM
Trump.

A six pack of good beer would be enough for me.

You don't support him now. You know how stupid it sounds when you try to butt in this way?

Antischism
08-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Nothing. Those who already bought into the Trump brand are going to continue making excuses for him. If not that, they actually agree with a lot of his positions and/or are Republicans who pretend to be libertarian because they're embarrassed of the association.

CaptUSA
08-04-2016, 06:20 PM
Still won't work. They will always find a way to defend him, regardless. Nothing matters. They have bought the con.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTACH1eVIaA

Origanalist
08-04-2016, 06:21 PM
You don't support him now. You know how stupid it sounds when you try to butt in this way?

Aww, you called me stupid. Muh feelin's be hurt.

Origanalist
08-04-2016, 06:22 PM
You should call me a horrible person too.

spudea
08-04-2016, 06:28 PM
A better alternative.

This. I live in Texas, no matter what I do, it's gonna be 38 electoral votes for the republican candidate. Therefore I want entertainment. I think a Trump presidency would be more entertaining.

Also I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Cheers everyone.

08-04-2016, 06:34 PM
First off there is no way Trump will ever be potus.

Not. Going. To. Happen.

That said the only thing that will end the Trump campaign early at this point is Trump. Those that are for Trump can not be discouraged. Just this week he has insulted a dead soldier and a baby.

08-04-2016, 06:36 PM
This. I live in Texas, no matter what I do, it's gonna be 38 electoral votes for the republican candidate. Therefore I want entertainment. I think a Trump presidency would be more entertaining.

Also I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Cheers everyone.

Entertaining until he launched nukes. You want to trust him with this for your amusement? Clinton is no better fwiw.

silverhandorder
08-04-2016, 06:38 PM

Not. Going. To. Happen.

That said the only thing that will end the Trump campaign early at this point is Trump. Those that are for Trump can not be discouraged. Just this week he has insulted a dead soldier and a baby.

Source?

rpfocus
08-04-2016, 06:39 PM

Not. Going. To. Happen.

It really is looking grim for him and it is due to his own stupidity. As long as people keep needling him, he will continue to lash out with stupidity that only hurts his campaign. He can't help himself.

ChaosControl
08-04-2016, 06:54 PM
Yeah I suppose if he hugged an illegal immigrant on live TV that might do him in.

silverhandorder
08-04-2016, 06:58 PM
It really is looking grim for him and it is due to his own stupidity. As long as people keep needling him, he will continue to lash out with stupidity that only hurts his campaign. He can't help himself.

Lol because you won national elections to give advice?

08-04-2016, 07:27 PM
Source?

opinion

Cleaner44
08-04-2016, 07:32 PM
Hillary dropping out I would guess.

AtlantaIconoclast
08-04-2016, 07:42 PM
I can't believe anyone with a brain would let Hillary win. She is absolutely the worst. The anti war Left will restrain any tendency of Trump to be aggressive on foreign policy. If another heocon friendly Democrat gets in the White House, they will never wake from their coma, the race wars will get more intense, and this nation WILL break apart. Not saying Trump can prevent all this, but I KNOW what I will get with Hillary, and it is so bad, I will gladly vote for Trump. The only silver lining I see in a Hillary win is that the economy will surely crash during her first term, but if she wins, she will let in so many new immigrants and make so many illegals citizens, that there will never again be any chance for a liberty minded government.

adissa
08-04-2016, 07:49 PM
A better alternative.
There is none.

rpfocus
08-04-2016, 07:56 PM
Lol because you won national elections to give advice?

It's common sense, which Trump continues to prove he lacks. Every week he digs himself deeper into the pit. But hey, if you one of the blind Trumpsters that believe the boneheaded moves he's been pulling are good for his campaign, more power to you. I'd too would like to see him continue to shoot himself in the foot. (And the arm, and the leg, and the...)

LibertyEagle
08-04-2016, 08:00 PM

Not. Going. To. Happen.

No, he did not. :rolleyes:

Do you realize you are acting as bad as those hacks who were smearing Ron Paul back in 08 and 12? Seriously, why act like that?

Wooden Indian
08-04-2016, 08:02 PM
Those that are supporting him are either wanting an authority figure to hold on to white American values or are just so afraid of Hillary that they're holding their noses.
There is no way to convince these useless people of anything else. They will ride the Trump Train into the grave, that is evidenced on this forum and even this very thread.

I, and others with a lick of sense will vote 3rd party and make our voices heard, that we do not support this lunacy and demand an alternative. A big enough 3rd party turn out will make some noise and with a little more media attention, who knows what the Const Party or Lib Party can do in the future. This is the best opportunity I've had in my life for getting a 3rd Party some votes and I be damned if I'm wasting that opportunity on Donald Fricking Trump.

But yeah, Trumpsters don't care about that. They drank the koolaid and they'll choke on it.

08-04-2016, 08:06 PM
No, he did not. :rolleyes:

Do you realize you are acting as bad as those hacks who were smearing Ron Paul back in 08 and 12? Seriously, why act like that?

Yes, he did.

He got in a huge public twitter war with the dead soldier's parents and then proceed to very publicly throw a woman with a crying baby out of his rally. That all really happen and can be verified in 10 seconds by searching on google.

His behavior is a increasingly bizarre. I'm not smearing Trump, Trump is smearing Trump.

LibertyEagle
08-04-2016, 08:09 PM
Yes, he did.

He got in a huge public twitter war with the dead soldier's parents and then proceed to very publicly throw a woman with a crying baby out of his rally. That all really happen and can be verified in 10 seconds by searching on google.

His behavior is a increasingly bizarre. I'm not smearing Trump, Trump is smearing Trump.

No, he did not. You said he insulted a dead soldier and that is a lie.

He didn't throw a baby out of the rally. He suggested the Mother go ahead and take him/her out. Nothing strange about that. People used to know to do that without being asked.

afwjam
08-04-2016, 08:11 PM
I just want intelligent discourse to return to this forum. We used to be above the dialectic here, now we have to deal with people who accuse us of being leftist liberals if we don't like the authoritarian Trump. We never had people supporting McCain or Romney before.

rpfocus
08-04-2016, 08:14 PM
Those that are supporting him are either wanting an authority figure to hold on to white American values or are just so afraid of Hillary that they're holding their noses.
There is no way to convince these useless people of anything else. They will ride the Trump Train into the grave, that is evidenced on this forum and even this very thread.

I, and others with a lick of sense will vote 3rd party and make our voices heard, that we do not support this lunacy and demand an alternative. A big enough 3rd party turn out will make some noise and with a little more media attention, who knows what the Const Party or Lib Party can do in the future. This is the best opportunity I've had in my life for getting a 3rd Party some votes and I be damned if I'm wasting that opportunity on Donald Fricking Trump.

But yeah, Trumpsters don't care about that. They drank the koolaid and they'll choke on it.

NONE of the choices are good. I can't even vote my own party. Gary Johnson is not getting my vote. Jill Stein can forget it. I'll have to write in Ron Paul. AGAIN. But at least when Trump loses, the fractured GOP might finally implode and we just might get a viable 3rd party.

rpfocus
08-04-2016, 08:16 PM
I just want intelligent discourse to return to this forum. We used to be above the dialectic here, now we have to deal with people who accuse us of being leftist liberals if we don't like the authoritarian Trump. We never had people supporting McCain or Romney before.

It's the new normal. The whole "if you don't vote for X, then you're Y" attitude has been here for multiple election cycles. The good thing is that those here with those attitudes have generally seen their candidates lose.

fcreature
08-04-2016, 08:22 PM
And it goes without saying should be backed up by sources that are not biased against him.

Do we have a Trumpkin-approved acceptable source list stickied somewhere on the forums yet?

I'm genuinely interested as to which sources exactly constitute acceptable to you folk. Is it only the Trump-humpers Drudge, Breitbart and Sean Hannity?

Furthermore, does the source really matter more than the truth of what has been written at said source?

silverhandorder
08-04-2016, 08:36 PM
Do we have a Trumpkin-approved acceptable source list stickied somewhere on the forums yet?

I'm genuinely interested as to which sources exactly constitute acceptable to you folk. Is it only the Trump-humpers Drudge, Breitbart and Sean Hannity?

Furthermore, does the source really matter more than the truth of what has been written at said source?

Truth matters most. But if you want to convince me send something that isn't liberal trash.

Jbunker
08-04-2016, 08:38 PM
I don't understand how someone who, based on their avatar, simultaneously believes Edward Snowden is a hero and is supporting a candidate that wants him executed.

Wooden Indian
08-04-2016, 08:43 PM
I don't understand how someone who, based on their avatar, simultaneously believes Edward Snowden is a hero and is supporting a candidate that wants him executed.

I've wondered that a few times. The only logical answer I can come to is that at the time that avatar was chosen, Edward Snowden was the hot ticket to be behind. Today, it's Trump. Be in with the popular cause, not the one you believe in. Sad, huh?

Ender
08-04-2016, 08:51 PM

Intelligent discourse would certainly would be nice- I've never been called so many names in my life. :eek::cool:

silverhandorder
08-04-2016, 09:00 PM
Do you mofos agree on everything with Gary Johnson or w.e you going to choose to do in the end?

I like Trump for only one reason and that reason is bigger than anything else I dislike about him. He is a real leader.

So yes I disagree with him on Snowden. I disagree with him on Apple. I however trust him to do a better job than anyone else in politics right now.

So only way you will convince me and others who support him not to back him is if you show me that he is a bad leader. I like that he did not endorse ryan, I like that he defended Corey, I like that he holds giant Love fest rallies.

This is who I want to follow if I were to vote.

cindy25
08-04-2016, 09:01 PM
a viable alternate to hillary

Jamesiv1
08-04-2016, 10:11 PM
I see a lot of weak posts trying to peel support away from Trump. This is what will not work. Pointing out that he had changed on positions he took in the past. Trying to claim he is flip flopping too often. Trying to call him racist. Trying to call him dumb. Trying to tell him how to run his campaign. Going after his family. Bringing in liberal sources. Pointing out how he can't beat Hillary. Attacking his supporters.

What will work. Showing him being disloyal to his people. Showing him go 180 on immigration, trade. And it goes without saying should be backed up by sources that are not biased against him.

If you Trump haters would follow this simple guide this forum would be free of your teeth gnashing.
All your base are belong to Trump.

William Tell
08-04-2016, 10:13 PM
This is what will not work. Pointing out that he had changed on positions he took in the past. Trying to claim he is flip flopping too often.

What will work. Showing him being disloyal to his people. Showing him go 180 on immigration, trade.

So.... which is it?:confused:

Occam's Banana
08-04-2016, 10:13 PM
If another [n]eocon friendly Democrat gets in the White House [...] this nation WILL break apart.

I wish! (Why are you trying to get me to vote for Hillary?)

William Tell
08-04-2016, 10:17 PM
So only way you will convince me and others who support him not to back him is if you show me that he is a bad leader. I like that he did not endorse ryan,

He strongly encouraged Mike Pence to endorse Ryan.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Co-d1kQXEAAfsa4.jpg

https://twitter.com/mike_pence/status/761000418017210369

Jamesiv1
08-04-2016, 10:17 PM
Intelligent discourse --> boring
Snarky discourse with insults --> fun!

Origanalist
08-04-2016, 11:19 PM

Woo Hoo!

CPUd
08-04-2016, 11:40 PM
OP makes the common mistake in assuming people hare are campaigning against Trump.

Occam's Banana
08-04-2016, 11:50 PM

You're a big fat poopy-head.

Woo Hoo!

You're a big fat poopy-head, too.

(Sorry I couldn't come up with any snarky discourse ... :o)

silverhandorder
08-05-2016, 03:54 AM
So.... which is it?:confused:
Showing him throwing Corey under the bus would be one.

silverhandorder
08-05-2016, 03:55 AM
OP makes the common mistake in assuming people hare are campaigning against Trump.
You are. If you weren't I wouldn't even remember your name.

CPUd
08-05-2016, 03:58 AM
I don't really care who wins the general election.

08-05-2016, 10:45 AM
No, he did not. You said he insulted a dead soldier and that is a lie.

He didn't throw a baby out of the rally. He suggested the Mother go ahead and take him/her out. Nothing strange about that. People used to know to do that without being asked.

He had multiple episodes of odd behavior. You know it's true, no matter how you try to spin it.

Ender
08-05-2016, 10:47 AM
You are. If you weren't I wouldn't even remember your name.

How about this guy's name?

Interview with Ron Paul:

BANFIELD: Well good point. Yes, you’re right, who knows what he’ll do.

Let me ask you this, though, because it looks pretty clear at this point, barring any major rule change, and barring any complete change in the way things have gone until now, that Donald Trump’s going to be the nominee. And it looks like it’s quite possible he will face Hillary Clinton in a general election. You have said in the past, that you think there’s no meaningful difference between Clinton and Trump, that they both support the military industrial complex, the federal reserve deficits, entitlements, an invasion of privacy.

So I’ve got to ask you, as a red lettered American, who probably cherishes the right to vote. Who would you vote for if you think they’ll both the same?

PAUL: Well what I would like to have on all the ballots is none of the above. And then we can vote for none of the above.

BANFIELD: That wasn’t my question though.

PAUL: But I’m not going to vote for one of those two for sure, you know, they’re too close together. And there’s the dreamers, even there’s, you know, the independent type Republicans that were on my side, someone said, “Yeah, but he’s better. But, you know, this whole idea of the lesser two evils, there’s something OK about it. I don’t think so, I don’t see how anything could be improved, because I think once the person is in office.

I mean Obama ran as a true progressive. But he became much more a militant. He liked the war in Afghanistan. He supported the overthrow of the Ukraine and he’s sending troops back to Iraq. And I don’t even think he fundamentally believes that to tell you the truth. So he – I think the events, even regardless of who wins, will there be enough pressure to do exactly what we have been doing.

They’re not going to have the fear to deny them some power to take negative interest rates and all this which needs to be done.

BANFIELD: OK, I may have lost you on my — your piece for a short moment. But I’m not sure I got the answer though, if Donald Trump is the Republican nominee, would you vote for him?

PAUL: No, no, I mean, I was very explicit about that, I won’t vote for Donald Trump.

BANFIELD: Would you just not vote then or would you vote for the Democratic ticket?

PAUL: No, I had mentioned that we should have none of the above, and then you should pick another candidate, you know, if you can’t stand any of them and you happen to be a dedicated progressive, you ought to make your vote count and vote for the green party and if happen to be a libertarian, vote for the libertarian party.

But to vote for the lesser two evils, I don’t think make it possible, and I know I get a lot of (inaudible) oh, no, from the Republicans, Conservatives I think they would absolutely Trump is so far superior. But quite frankly I’m not sure exactly what he’ll do and that bothers me as well because he does — he can give two positions in one speech, I don’t know if you noticed that or not. But he …

BANFIELD: I saw it just yesterday. I saw three petitions yesterday. Ron Paul, I have to leave it there. But thank you so much, I really appreciate you being on today. Say hello to the great State of Texas for me.

(h/t RCP Video)

Follow Jeff Poor on Twitter @jeff_poor

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/04/02/ron-paul-none-ballot-choice/

silverhandorder
08-05-2016, 12:22 PM
He had multiple episodes of odd behavior. You know it's true, no matter how you try to spin it.
You are the poster who comes in and spews utter BS. I don't even read your posts anymore.

How about this guy's name?

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/04/02/ron-paul-none-ballot-choice/
We have a difference of opinion.

dean.engelhardt
08-05-2016, 12:32 PM

Am I missing the sarcasm? Is this really a thread on the RON PAUL FORUM? Last I saw Ron Paul had not yet endorsed Trump.

Ender
08-05-2016, 12:48 PM
Am I missing the sarcasm? Is this really a thread on the RON PAUL FORUM? Last I saw Ron Paul had not yet endorsed Trump.

From my post above:

(RON) PAUL: No, no, I mean, I was very explicit about that, I won’t vote for Donald Trump.

Bur who cares what RP says, amiright? :rolleyes:

jllundqu
08-05-2016, 01:15 PM
“I think Snowden is a terrible threat; I think he’s a terrible traitor and you know what we used to do in the good old days when we were a strong country…..You know what we used to do to traitors, right?”
-Donald Trump

THat's enough for me.

euphemia
08-05-2016, 01:21 PM
I like Trump for only one reason and that reason is bigger than anything else I dislike about him. He is a real leader.

I want to address this point. I think the appearance of leadership and strength is one of the things people find attractive about Trump. He seems to have a knack for emboldening people to say what they really think. The basis for thinking this is the debates. If you have time to go back to watch them, you will see Bush and Kasich, especially, come out of their shells.

Just an observation.

08-05-2016, 04:22 PM
You are the poster who comes in and spews utter BS. I don't even read your posts anymore..

If you are commenting on them, you've obviously read them.

I simply pointed out that Trump is increasingly unhinged. I doubt it will matter much at this point. If his support has stuck with him this far, they aren't going anywhere no matter what manner of foolishness he engages in.

William Tell
08-05-2016, 06:47 PM
So only way you will convince me and others who support him not to back him is if you show me that he is a bad leader. I like that he did not endorse ryan.
He just did endorse Ryan.

Origanalist
08-05-2016, 06:47 PM

Ooops.

Origanalist
08-05-2016, 06:48 PM
Bad leader...BADDDDDD Leader.

Origanalist
08-05-2016, 06:57 PM

silverhandorder
08-05-2016, 07:09 PM

Ok and?

Origanalist
08-05-2016, 07:18 PM
Ok and?

And, he's a cuckservative.

Origanalist
08-05-2016, 07:18 PM
Make that cuckprogressive.

Origanalist
08-05-2016, 07:19 PM
Or just a cuck.

Origanalist
08-05-2016, 07:20 PM
Baaaaad leader.

William Tell
08-05-2016, 07:21 PM
Ok and? McCain. :(

silverhandorder
08-05-2016, 07:38 PM
McCain. :(

Yeah he didn't endorse him. I wasn't surprised with Ryan but with McCain I will be.

edit: I will be damned apparently McCain too.
edit: Hmm see this is why he is the one that is running for president and not us.

Origanalist
08-05-2016, 07:42 PM
Yeah he didn't endorse him. I wasn't surprised with Ryan but with McCain I will be.

edit: I will be damned apparently McCain too.
edit: Hmm see this is why he is the one that is running for president and not us.

Bwa ha ha ha ha, Trump Derangement Syndrome is strong in this one.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpEdadmVUAIvBKK.jpg

silverhandorder
08-05-2016, 07:42 PM
Bwa ha ha ha ha, Trump Derangement Syndrome is strong in this one.

Refer to the original post.

Theocrat
08-05-2016, 07:51 PM

[Bold emphasis mine]

So, basically, you're saying that we should wait until Trump becomes President. It will be too late, then, but, at least, Trump supporters can rest assured that they will receive four years of "I told you so" from those of us who were rightly skeptical of him.

silverhandorder
08-05-2016, 07:58 PM
[Bold emphasis mine]

So, basically, you're saying that we should wait until Trump becomes President. It will be too late, then, but, at least, Trump supporters can rest assured that they will receive four years of "I told you so" from those of us who were rightly skeptical of him.

I am fully aware that he is gamble. I am saying pre election he needs to keep steady on those two.

hells_unicorn
08-05-2016, 08:04 PM
I'm not voting in this election, but frankly speaking, the only real reason to openly oppose Donald Trump at this point (rather than just stay out of it) would be if he actually is a Hillary plant. I still haven't closed the door on this possibility, but truth be told, the biggest strike against Trump in this election is the idea that he will govern the exact same way as Clinton would. This is one of the reasons why I've been so heavily annoyed by certain individuals constantly posting links to left-wing news sites attacking Trump in order to help Clinton, it's perhaps the most blatant way that a person could play into the concept of controlled opposition via the media.

P.S. - Given the stuff that he has said over the past couple months, I have found myself utterly regretting my vote for Gary Johnson in 2012. Trump vs. Clinton may be Giant Douche vs. Turd Sandwich, but Trump vs. Clinton vs. Johnson is like Giant Douche vs. Turd Sandwich vs. Diarrhea Salad.

Theocrat
I am fully aware that he is gamble. I am saying pre election he needs to keep steady on those two.

Steady? Over the course of his life, Donald Trump hasn't been steady on any issue. How many times has Trump flip-flopped on issues? (Yes, I know that people can change their views over time, but Trump's history is marred by inconsistent variations of change.)

There is no reason to expect Trump to remain steady on any of his campaign promises and platform issues. I don't need to produce the videos to prove my case, either, because they are so easily accessible.

silverhandorder
Steady? Over the course of his life, Donald Trump hasn't been steady on any issue. How many times has Trump flip-flopped on issues? (Yes, I know that people can change their views over time, but Trump's history is marred by inconsistent variations of change.)

There is no reason to expect Trump to remain steady on any of his campaign promises and platform issues. I don't need to produce the videos to prove my case, either, because they are so easily accessible.

So is mine. But so far he has been steady.

nikcers
08-26-2016, 04:12 PM
Alright guys you lost your argument, now take your poison pill and shut up.

GunnyFreedom
08-26-2016, 04:44 PM
The only thing that will cause people to shed support for Trump, is if he were to start adopting principles, because then he would "look weak" and have to start being more careful about what he said, which thing -- being careful about what you are saying -- is probably the only thing in the universe that will turn off his fans. He would no longer be able to say one thing to one group, and a different thing to another. Suddenly defending a fixed position instead of an amoebic blob would fracture large parts of his coalition who like to imagine him doing something else. In order to maintain the facade that has led to the current coalition, he will have to remain amorphous and unfixed all the way through the end of voting.

TheTexan
08-26-2016, 04:49 PM
What would get people to stop supporting Trump ??

Maybe if it turned out he was only very very rich, and not super very mega rich, I might rethink my support

juleswin
08-26-2016, 05:16 PM
A better alternative.

By that way of thinking, would you support Hillary if the alternative to Clinton was significantly worse than her? Also your answer to the question makes me believe you support Trump right now seeing as you believe he is a better alternative to Hillary. Is that a fair statement on my part?

navy-vet
08-26-2016, 05:52 PM
A better alternative.
ditto

Origanalist
08-26-2016, 05:54 PM
A better alternative.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cq0EaeGWcAE1_Xb.jpg