PDA

View Full Version : Bill Weld is Still Pro Gun Control

William Tell
08-04-2016, 08:57 AM
Libertarian Party Vice Presidential Candidate, Bill Weld, is Still Pro Gun Controlhttp://i2.wp.com/libertyhangout.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/bill_weld.jpg?w=752

Libertarian Party Vice Presidential Candidate, Bill Weld, was once a proponent of some of the strictest gun control laws (http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/05/robert-farago/bad-news-gun-owning-libertarians-johnsons-vp-choice-pro-gun-control/) in the nation. His supporters maintain that Weld has changed his view on guns, since he enacted this legislation more than two decades ago. Weld even assured delegates at the Libertarian Party Convention that he made mistakes as governor of Massachusetts, and is now firmly in favor of the second amendment.

It seems Weld wasn’t being so honest with the delegates that voted for him. In an interview with Revolt last week at the Democratic National Covnention, Bill Weld said:

“You know the five-shot rifle, that’s a standard military rifle. The problem is if you attach a clip to it so it can fire more shells, and if you remove the pin so that it becomes an automatic weapon. And those are independent criminal offenses. That’s when they become essentially a weapon of mass destruction. The problem with handguns is probably even worse than the problem of the AR-15. You shouldn’t have anybody who’s on a terrorist watch list be able to buy any gun at all.“

Watch the interview here (https://revolt.tv/videos/interview-libertarian-vp-nominee-william-weld-561c8a35):

http://libertyhangout.org/2016/08/libertarian-party-vice-presidential-candidate-bill-weld-is-still-pro-gun-control/

Cleaner44
08-04-2016, 09:04 AM
The Libertarian Party has sure gone down hill. I wish Harry Browne were still alive. Now is the time where the party really needs a true spokesman.

fedupinmo
08-04-2016, 09:18 AM
So... Which pin do I pull? :rolleyes:

People who are that stupid about guns need to be as far away from gun legislation process as possible.

Spikender
08-04-2016, 09:22 AM
“You know the five-shot rifle, that’s a standard military rifle. The problem is if you attach a clip to it so it can fire more shells, and if you remove the pin so that it becomes an automatic weapon. And those are independent criminal offenses. That’s when they become essentially a weapon of mass destruction. The problem with handguns is probably even worse than the problem of the AR-15. You shouldn’t have anybody who’s on a terrorist watch list be able to buy any gun at all.“

You fucking moron. This is something I expect to hear from a Democrat or Leftist. Jesus Christ.

afwjam
08-04-2016, 01:23 PM
My god, the Libertarians are authoritarians now too.

phill4paul
08-04-2016, 01:32 PM
My god, the Libertarians are authoritarians now too.

COINTELPRO.

This is the year that anyone that hasn't been lobotomized by school/media/social propaganda should really wake up and realize there is no political solution. I can honestly say that as of now I willnot vote for Johnson/Weld. I will not vote for Trump. I will not vote for Hillary.
Once again it looks like my only option is to write in Ron Paul.

LibertyExtremist
08-05-2016, 09:48 AM
Wow, Bill Weld is absolutely terrible. It seems that Weld has also had an impact on Gary Johnson, who has backed off and become more moderate on some issues compared to 2012.

Spikender
08-05-2016, 09:53 AM
Wow, Bill Weld is absolutely terrible. It seems that Weld has also had an impact on Gary Johnson, who has backed off and become more moderate on some issues compared to 2012.

Weld is grooming Johnson well.

Suzanimal
08-05-2016, 10:03 AM
Weld is grooming Johnson well.

He's mentoring his Johnson.

Spikender
08-05-2016, 10:05 AM
He's mentoring his Johnson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCe6NOBUut0

presence
08-05-2016, 10:17 AM

not sure but you'll have to shove all this shit back in the hole

http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/575585000/575585644/pix739255229.jpg

WTLaw
08-05-2016, 11:20 AM
I think when I was looking into it, I saw that although Gary Johnson can be president (as selected by the house), if that were to happen the LP ticket would be split apart. Maybe its the 2nd highest vote getter (killery) gets VP?

And if Killery did get vp over weld, in a gary johnson admin, I can think of no funnier outcome.

dannno
08-05-2016, 11:48 AM
And if Killery did get vp over weld, in a gary johnson admin, I can think of no funnier outcome.

If I were Johnson I would just quit at that point. There is no possible way he would not be assassinated.

Anti Federalist
08-05-2016, 02:08 PM
COINTELPRO.

This is the year that anyone that hasn't been lobotomized by school/media/social propaganda should really wake up and realize there is no political solution. I can honestly say that as of now I willnot vote for Johnson/Weld. I will not vote for Trump. I will not vote for Hillary.

Yup, that's where I'm at.

And here I thought that the GOP was the Stupid Party.

Where the fuck did these statist douchenozzles come from?

Hey Gary, fuck your cake.

Hey Bill, fuck your watch list.

Danke
08-05-2016, 02:40 PM

People who are that stupid about guns need to be as far away from gun legislation process as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6Zjs44WvVA

puppetmaster
08-05-2016, 07:53 PM
Wow, Bill Weld is absolutely terrible. It seems that Weld has also had an impact on Gary Johnson, who has backed off and become more moderate on some issues compared to 2012. wow just heard Johnson speak here in reno on a live show......he is not even trying to be a libertarian. He said he was a moderate and in between a Republican and a Democrat. Very pro abortion. I honestly don't like him any better than any other candidate.....

Anti Federalist
08-05-2016, 07:57 PM
Worthless, hopeless, pointless.

Anti Federalist
08-05-2016, 08:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6Zjs44WvVA

Assenhole...

afwjam
08-05-2016, 08:31 PM
Castle for prez!

bunklocoempire
08-05-2016, 08:42 PM
Yup, that's where I'm at.

And here I thought that the GOP was the Stupid Party.

Where the fuck did these statist douchenozzles come from?

Hey Gary, fuck your cake.

Hey Bill, fuck your watch list.

It is pretty cool to see this Ron Paul-shit ripple fly through the whole system.

Take some joy in that, you maniac. :)

NewRightLibertarian
08-05-2016, 09:33 PM
How does it feel to be pimped out, LPers? Shame on you terrible people and your joke of a political party for the damage you have done to the credibility of the liberty movement.

libertyjam
08-05-2016, 09:44 PM

wow is right. Weld apparently is just another, or maybe the ultimate, effing Masshole.

specsaregood
08-05-2016, 09:47 PM
And we are still pretending this campaign belongs in the liberty campaign subforum...

Anti Federalist
08-05-2016, 09:49 PM
It is pretty cool to see this Ron Paul-shit ripple fly through the whole system.

Take some joy in that, you maniac. :)

http://i.imgur.com/dI1icMZ.gif

libertyjam
08-05-2016, 09:56 PM
I'll hush up my mug if you fill up my jug with that good old Mountain Dew.

+rep for who knows the song and artist that sings that.

TheTexan
08-05-2016, 09:58 PM
COINTELPRO.

The important thing is that you vote. Thanks for doing your part!

Suzanimal
08-05-2016, 10:03 PM
I'll hush up my mug if you fill up my jug with that good old Mountain Dew.

+rep for who knows the song and artist that sings that.

Mountain Dew? That's what we call it, not sure what the real name is, though.

libertyjam
08-05-2016, 10:13 PM
Mountain Dew? That's what we call it, not sure what the real name is, though.

+rep, Now who is the most popular artist (without looking)?

Suzanimal
08-05-2016, 10:15 PM
+rep, Now who is the most popular artist (without looking)?

I dunno. I'm gonna look now.:)

Edited to add: My dad had it on a Flatt and Scruggs album but I think that song's been recorded by just about all the old bluegrass singers.

libertyjam
08-05-2016, 10:30 PM
I dunno. I'm gonna look now.:)

Edited to add: My dad had it on a Flatt and Scruggs album but I think that song's been recorded by just about all the old bluegrass singers.

probably, I was thinking of the Stanley Brothers though.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
08-05-2016, 10:54 PM
I think when I was looking into it, I saw that although Gary Johnson can be president (as selected by the house), if that were to happen the LP ticket would be split apart. Maybe its the 2nd highest vote getter (killery) gets VP?

The Senate selects the Vice-President from the top 2. So Johnson's VP would be either Pence or Kaine.

LibertyEagle
08-05-2016, 11:07 PM
But yet, these forums have not yet decided whether Johnson/Weld is a liberty ticket. lololol

Occam's Banana
08-05-2016, 11:31 PM
The LP did this to itself.

Suzanimal
08-06-2016, 08:30 AM

The LP shot itself in the foot.:eek:

Origanalist
08-06-2016, 08:56 AM

Sadly.

tommyrp12
08-12-2016, 01:53 PM
Libertarian VP nominee calls rifles 'weapons of mass destruction' (https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/08/libertarian-vp-nominee-calls-rifles-weapons-of-mass-destruction)

The Libertarian Party candidate for Vice President Governor Bill Weld referred to rifles as “weapons of mass destruction” in an interview with Revolt TV wherein Weld was asked his position on gun rights.

The former Governor of Massachusetts declared his support for banning individuals on the terrorist watch list from purchasing firearms.

William Weld:

“The five shot rifle, that’s a standard military rifle; the problem is if you attach a clip to it so it can fire more shells and if you remove the pin so that it becomes an automatic weapon, and those are independent criminal offenses. That is when they become, essentially a weapon of mass destruction. The problem with handguns probably is even worse than the problem of the AR15.”

Amrit Singh:

“What can you do to help control this flow of guns, if anything?”

William Weld:

“You shouldn’t have anybody who is on the terrorist watch list buy any gun at all.”

The libertarian candidate for vice president just argued for removing a Constitutional right from individuals on a government list without due process
- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/08/libertarian-vp-nominee-calls-rifles-weapons-of-mass-destruction#sthash.uPU5FS9d.dpuf]

wizardwatson
08-12-2016, 02:02 PM
William Weld:

“The five shot rifle, that’s a standard military rifle; the problem is if you attach a clip to it so it can fire more shells and if you remove the pin so that it becomes an automatic weapon, and those are independent criminal offenses. That is when they become, essentially a weapon of mass destruction. The problem with handguns probably is even worse than the problem of the AR15.”

If he really knew about the military, he'd know it's a "criminal offense" to refer to a magazine as a "clip".

Weld sounds like a gangster thug. He don't want nobody poppin' a cap in yo' mutha' f'in head, yo.

tod evans
08-12-2016, 02:10 PM
“The five shot rifle, that’s a standard military rifle"

Up to and including the Korean war you fucking imbecile.

The M-16 and associated 'clip' were introduced in 1964 and have been issued in one configuration or another since.

If you'd ever been in the service maybe you'd know that....

fcreature
08-12-2016, 02:15 PM
Libertarian party did a great job this year destroying the opportunity of a lifetime to get 15% threshold for debates.

JK/SEA
08-12-2016, 02:19 PM
so much for that 'protest' vote.

TheTexan
08-12-2016, 02:25 PM
No civilian needs more than five shots in their rifle, as that is more than enough, for hunting deer, and shooting tin cans.

euphemia
08-12-2016, 06:09 PM
It doesn't take much to get on a terror watch list if your standard is the Southern Poverty Law Center. Christians, veterans, and pro-life advocates are all dangerous terrorists to them.

phill4paul
08-12-2016, 06:20 PM
Up to and including the Korean war you fucking imbecile.

The M-16 and associated 'clip' were introduced in 1964 and have been issued in one configuration or another since.

If you'd ever been in the service maybe you'd know that....

He hasn't. And he don't.

Danke
08-12-2016, 06:46 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?498990-Bill-Weld-is-Still-Pro-Gun-Control&highlight=

phill4paul
08-12-2016, 06:54 PM
L.P. you had ONE job to do this election..........................

ronpaulhawaii
08-12-2016, 07:02 PM
That was certainly cringeworthy. The only lame excuse I can make is about the audience he was speaking to and the mandate to break the 5% threshold, but I feel dirty doing that...

William Tell
08-12-2016, 07:07 PM
L.P. you had ONE job to do this election..........................

And they might succeed at it yet.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13903235_1775517472661834_3680952810368005140_n.jp g?oh=61b3124322f467236452e4a33d16504e&oe=585DA070

William Tell
08-12-2016, 07:15 PM
Sadly.

Is it still sad if suicide is a libertarian value.;)

William Tell
08-12-2016, 07:18 PM
The scariest part of the interview isn't even the gun section.

We're absolutely together on the issues, we're gonna govern as a team. Is he lying, or is Johnson that bad. And seriously, govern as a team?!

ronpaulhawaii
08-12-2016, 07:19 PM
Liberty Hangout has become a Trump fanboy club. And Libertarians for an Authoritarian are about as confused as one can get

William Tell
08-12-2016, 07:21 PM
I thought a lot of them are backing Castle over there.

ronpaulhawaii
08-12-2016, 07:25 PM
Sure, but I've seen enough Trump fanboi articles posted by the page to have given up on them.

phill4paul
08-12-2016, 07:28 PM
Liberty Hangout has become a Trump fanboy club. And Libertarians for an Authoritarian are about as confused as one can get

That's what happens when there is not someone with libertarian principles to rally behind. This really could have been the year. If only this could have been the set-up in '12 and Ron had switched affiliation and ran as the L.P. candidate.

phill4paul
08-12-2016, 07:31 PM
Sure, but I've seen enough Trump fanboi articles posted by the page to have given up on them.

Wouldn't waste my time much longer. Get on with living because the Republic is dying. Bottom up, not top down. Local.

puppetmaster
08-12-2016, 08:34 PM
Lol.....not surprised

afwjam
08-12-2016, 09:14 PM
https://www.wired.com/images_blogs/threatlevel/2012/11/21.01.FF_.McAfee.DL_.59838.Wired_McAfee__040sized. jpg

TheTexan
08-12-2016, 09:22 PM
https://www.wired.com/images_blogs/threatlevel/2012/11/21.01.FF_.McAfee.DL_.59838.Wired_McAfee__040sized. jpg

I couldn't ever vote for someone with a tattoo, facial hair, or anyone with a picture holding a gun in what is clearly south america.

It's just not presidential.

(and yes, it is south america. it is south, of America)

Natural Citizen
08-12-2016, 09:38 PM
Libertarian party did a great job this year destroying the opportunity of a lifetime to get 15% threshold for debates.

The establishment did a fantastic job of extending the traditional two Party system functioning as a single Party to a three Party system functioning as a single party. After historic 2014 Mid-Term turnouts for third parties, there was no way the establishment was going to let that continue.

Danke
08-12-2016, 09:44 PM
I couldn't ever vote for someone with a tattoo, facial hair, or anyone with a picture holding a gun in what is clearly south america.

It's just not presidential.

(and yes, it is south america. it is south, of America)

I thought Texas was south America. Are you saying it is not part of America?

TheTexan
08-12-2016, 09:49 PM
I thought Texas was south America. Are you saying it is not part of America?

Texas is southern America. It is not "south america."

"south america" has connotation of being dirty, poor, brown, etc. e.g. mexico or honduras

Danke
08-12-2016, 09:56 PM
Texas is southern America. It is not "south america."

"south america" has connotation of being dirty, poor, brown, etc. e.g. mexico or honduras

Well, I live in both northerrn America and North America.

ronpaulhawaii
08-12-2016, 09:58 PM
That's what happens when there is not someone with libertarian principles to rally behind. This really could have been the year. If only this could have been the set-up in '12 and Ron had switched affiliation and ran as the L.P. candidate.

I hear you, and agree they have few distinct libertarian principles, but I still hope to gd this is the year to break the damned ballot access hurdles and at least expose the disinterested masses to the existence and potential strength of 3rd Parties. Right and wrong, J/W are liberty minded and relatively honest, as far as I can tell. At this point I'm taking the no-one is perfect stance and am just hoping to move the ball down the field towards [what most all r3VOLUtionarys kinda agree on as a sorta goal]...

IMO there is much to be made of this run and I trust that interested new people, once exposed to the actual few tenets of [what most all r3VOLUtionarys kinda agree on], those people will come around no matter who led them in, (yes even those led by mittens himself.) The idea is to grow the tent, right? And don't most of us know former neo-con types who are now full on anarchists types? How many of them came only to argue? How many were turned by the grassroots rather than RP himself?

Yes, the watchlist thing was especially cringeworthy, but if I see a chance to move the damn ball I'll bear that cringe and work harder. Cuz I'm a one foot in front of the other kinda guy.

phill4paul
08-12-2016, 10:37 PM
I hear you, and agree they have few distinct libertarian principles, but I still hope to gd this is the year to break the damned ballot access hurdles and at least expose the disinterested masses to the existence and potential strength of 3rd Parties. Right and wrong, J/W are liberty minded and relatively honest, as far as I can tell. At this point I'm taking the no-one is perfect stance and am just hoping to move the ball down the field towards [what most all r3VOLUtionarys kinda agree on as a sorta goal]...

IMO there is much to be made of this run and I trust that interested new people, once exposed to the actual few tenets of [what most all r3VOLUtionarys kinda agree on], those people will come around no matter who led them in, (yes even those led by mittens himself.) The idea is to grow the tent, right? And don't most of us know former neo-con types who are now full on anarchists types? How many of them came only to argue? How many were turned by the grassroots rather than RP himself?

Yes, the watchlist thing was especially cringeworthy, but if I see a chance to move the damn ball I'll bear that cringe and work harder. Cuz I'm a one foot in front of the other kinda guy.

And I hear you too, brother. Of most any of us on this site you were and remain in the "thick of it" as it stands. And your opinion is respected. Have no doubt.

For myself, realize, that I am done with national politics. Knowing how the game is played. IF I were a fervent believer in Johnson/Weld it would not make a difference in N.C. Honestly.

So I've given up on national politics. Local, I feel, is a best bet. And these days even politics on a local level doesn't entice me.

It's all about friends and neighbors for the crash that will come regardless of the potentate. Local. Not politics. Local relationships.

Suzanimal
08-13-2016, 03:06 AM

Really? I haven't. I checked (I only went back to January of this year) and only saw two which could hardly be construed as fan boi articles. One was about Mike Pence (when Trump announced his VP) and the other was in January where he says they don't support Trump.:confused:

I don't really hangout there much;), I only ever click on articles that I find interesting off my Twitter feed but, from what I've seen, I wouldn't say they're Trump fan boi's.

Brian4Liberty
08-13-2016, 09:48 AM
We need two options on the ballot that would be added together for final count purposes, but could be separated for analysis.

- Johnson/Weld
- Libertarian Party

That way people could vote Libertarian Party without anyone mistaking it for support of Johnson/Weld and some of their positions.

mz10
08-13-2016, 01:58 PM
From my experience with LP members, they don't think like we do. As much as I'd like them to be part of our movement, they aren't - their libertarianism is a world away from ours. Anti-establishment to them means anti-religion and anti-tradition, not anti-government. So Weld is actually right up their alley.

ronpaulhawaii
08-13-2016, 02:51 PM
Really? I haven't. I checked (I only went back to January of this year) and only saw two which could hardly be construed as fan boi articles. One was about Mike Pence (when Trump announced his VP) and the other was in January where he says they don't support Trump.:confused:

I don't really hangout there much;), I only ever click on articles that I find interesting off my Twitter feed but, from what I've seen, I wouldn't say they're Trump fan boi's.

They have lots of articles criticizing Trump's opponents, is not easy to find any criticizing Trump though...

I noticed after seeing them post an anti-GJ article written by someone I know is supporting Trump. Sometimes what people don't say is more telling than what they do...

jmdrake
08-13-2016, 03:12 PM
But yet, these forums have not yet decided whether Johnson/Weld is a liberty ticket. lololol

In other words, Weld is as bad on guns as your man Trump.

Wooden Indian
08-13-2016, 04:12 PM
I vote for the LP while holding my nose on GJ. I understand the guy is less than ideal.
BUT you Trumpsters that talk shit about GJ not being Libertarian enough for you while supporting and defending Donald Flipping Trump are laughable.

Thanks for doing your part to keep America fucked.

clint4liberty
08-13-2016, 05:20 PM
Bill Weld opinion on gun control or broader second amendment issues does not matter to me. Bill Weld was placed on the ticket for media exposure and fundraising. The addition of Bill Weld has aided with major media outlet exposure. We will have to wait and see how effective he is with major fundraising efforts.

Occam's Banana
08-14-2016, 10:51 PM
No civilian needs more than five shots in their rifle, as that is more than enough, for hunting deer, and shooting tin cans.

I am disappointed in TheTexan. No civilian needs a rifle at all.

Hunters should just buy their meat at the grocery store, like decent people do.

And shooting tin cans might result in things like litter, which makes America less beautiful.

(You know we're in big trouble when even Great Americans like TheTexan start to slip like this ...)

TheTexan
08-14-2016, 11:14 PM
I am disappointed in TheTexan. No civilian needs a rifle at all.

Hunters should just buy their meat at the grocery store, like decent people do.

And shooting tin cans might result in things like litter, which makes America less beautiful.

(You know we're in big trouble when even Great Americans like TheTexan start to slip like this ...)

No sir, you aint gonna take my hunting rifle. Hunting is protected by the 2nd amendment, and you better believe the NRA/ILA will fight to keep that right

LibertyEagle
08-14-2016, 11:52 PM
In other words, Weld is as bad on guns as your man Trump.

Trump isn't anti-gun. Neither is the rest of his family.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2308096.1438190981!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_750/hunt30n-8-web.jpg

LibertyEagle
08-14-2016, 11:53 PM
I vote for the LP while holding my nose on GJ. I understand the guy is less than ideal.
BUT you Trumpsters that talk $#@! about GJ not being Libertarian enough for you while supporting and defending Donald Flipping Trump are laughable.

Thanks for doing your part to keep America $#@!ed.

DONALD TRUMP IS NOT FOR THE TRANS PACIFIC PARTNERSHIP. GARY IS.

Can you get that through your head??

Natural Citizen
08-15-2016, 12:04 AM

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2308096.1438190981!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_750/hunt30n-8-web.jpg

Stuff like this annoys me. I mean, I could see if a feller's out in the woods hunting and he's going to take an animal home and feed his family but this is just killing for sport. This animal likely never stood a chance either. They probably had guides and everything.

TheTexan
08-15-2016, 12:34 AM

I always admire politicians,, who respect the strong hunting traditions of the 2nd amendment

lilymc
08-15-2016, 01:37 AM
Stuff like this annoys me. I mean, I could see if a feller's out in the woods hunting and he's going to take an animal home and feed his family but this is just killing for sport. This animal likely never stood a chance either. They probably had guides and everything.

It's disgusting to me, and infuriating.

jmdrake
08-15-2016, 10:55 AM
Supporting gun rights for yourself and your family doesn't mean you support gun rights for everybody else and you know it. Donald Trump stated that people on the terrorist watch list should be able to get guns. That's the same position that Bill Weld took. And yet Weld is anti gun and Trump isn't? Oh and Trump and his kids were hunters back in 2000 when Trump said in his book "The America you deserve" that he supported an assault weapons ban.

jmdrake
08-15-2016, 10:56 AM
I always admire politicians,, who respect the strong hunting traditions of the 2nd amendment

Yes. And how about politicians that support the 2nd amendment for themselves and their children but not anyone else?

Origanalist
08-15-2016, 11:02 AM

Good to see the Trump family is doing their part to rid the world of those nasty creatures.

tod evans
08-15-2016, 11:03 AM
Good to see the Trump family is doing their part to rid the world of those nasty creatures.

Where does one find a leopard on a lawn?

Origanalist
08-15-2016, 11:12 AM
Where does one find a leopard on a lawn?

Trump Tower penthouse? The filming studio of The Apprentice?

jmdrake
08-15-2016, 11:14 AM
DONALD TRUMP IS NOT FOR THE TRANS PACIFIC PARTNERSHIP. GARY IS.

Can you get that through your head??

Donald Trump is for discriminating against people who don't support gay rights. (That's part of his "ideological immigration test"). Can you get that through your head? Donald Trump took the same position that Bill Weld took regarding gun rights and the "no fly list." Can you get that through your head? Donald Trump once called for a complete ban on assault rifles. Can you get that through your head? Donald Trump supports forcing you to tell your property to private developers. Can you get that through your head? You act like the only issue that matters at all on the planet is the TPP. It isn't. Furthermore your making the TPP your number one issue does not excuse you being a hypocrite on other issues, case in point being against Weld for taking the exact same position Donald Trump took regarding the 2nd amendment and the terrorist no fly list.