PDA

View Full Version : 'It's time': Edward Snowden just issued a cryptic message on Twitter

Lucille
08-03-2016, 05:16 PM
Let's hope if it's another Snowden leak, it does more than normalize the surveillance state like the last time.

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/08/03/its-time-edward-snowden-just-issued-a-cryptic-message-on-twi/21444555/

Snowden also quoted a tweet by journalist and author Barton Gellman, who said that he is seeking information on Snowden's work in the intelligence community so he can "tell it truthfully."
​​​​​
​​​​The cryptic tweet comes less than a week after Snowden exchanged Twitter barbs with WikiLeaks (http://www.businessinsider.com/edward-snowden-and-wikileaks-clash-over-dnc-leaks-2016-7?utm_source=referral&utm_medium=aol). The antisecrecy organization implied that Snowden was trying to win the favor of Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton in order to regain entry into the US.

Sorry but, Wikileaks > Snowden/Greenwald

But the very purpose of Wikileaks is to challenge any and every authority of this kind. For Wikileaks, the only authority that matters -- the only person who is ultimately entitled to all available information and who properly should judge it -- is you (http://powerofnarrative.blogspot.com/2010/08/on-wikileaks-iv-world-without-obedience.html). In this sense, which I submit is the highest and best sense of the term, Wikileaks is a genuine "leveller." It seeks to make each and every individual the ultimate judge of the truth, just as it seeks to empower all people to make the determination as to what course of action is indicated, if any. This, dear reader, is what a real revolution looks like.

If you wish to challenge authority in any serious manner, you must be prepared to provoke an unholy, chaotic, extremely messy scene, one punctuated with howls of outrage by those in power, where everyone is mortified, humiliated and riven with panic -- including you. Anything short of that is merely a very small speed bump on power's journey to ever-increasing destruction and death.
The manner of disclosure adopted by Lord Greenwald & Friends, a model of a polite, rules-abiding challenge to authority, has stopped exactly nothing. To the contrary, the primary effect of the disclosures has been to normalize increasingly pervasive, all-encompassing surveillance, and even to make it "legal." (http://powerofnarrative.blogspot.com/2014/04/call-me-irresponsible-please.html) (BIRM (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?452164-Snowden-s-Revelations-Have-Strengthened-the-NSA))

jllundqu
08-03-2016, 05:22 PM
Very interesting.

<watches intently>

goldenequity
08-03-2016, 06:00 PM
<snorting uncontrollably>

All this 'info'.. exposures.. leaks... revelations.. coverup.. crimes..
coming relentlessly back to back to back..
with the MSM and State Dept.. figureheads.. institutions..
stumbling around like Oz.. "PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!"
makes me wonder...
if
the neocons can even WAIT until November. (to elect Hillary/steal the general election)
I DON'T know what Snowden might have or what Assange STILL retains..
but
I DO believe neocons are in panic mode... which may NOT be good for the Planet.
Picture McCain's skeletal snarling face.

PS Lucille... I spent 30 years in the VV. :)

Lucille
08-03-2016, 06:09 PM
You did?! I love it here.

The Ruling Class has to be losing sleep! But it's not enough. We need this:

"If you wish to challenge authority in any serious manner, you must be prepared to provoke an unholy, chaotic, extremely messy scene, one punctuated with howls of outrage by those in power, where everyone is mortified, humiliated and riven with panic -- including you. Anything short of that is merely a very small speed bump on power's journey to ever-increasing destruction and death."
--Arthur Silber

ghengis86
08-03-2016, 08:17 PM
Let's hope if it's another Snowden leak, it does more than normalize the surveillance state like the last time.

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/08/03/its-time-edward-snowden-just-issued-a-cryptic-message-on-twi/21444555/

Sorry but, Wikileaks > Snowden/Greenwald

(BIRM (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?452164-Snowden-s-Revelations-Have-Strengthened-the-NSA))

AOL is still around?

Almost as amazing as Snowden still being around.

Sounds like he's preparing for his final confrontation with .gov. Maybe coming home? Data dump? Exposing Wikileaks as controlled op?

Hmm...broadcasting that you're about to do something is bad opsec unless it's a suicide mission.

angelatc
08-03-2016, 09:03 PM
What is the IC?

TheCount
08-03-2016, 09:12 PM
What is the IC?

Intelligence community

osan
08-03-2016, 09:25 PM
Hmm...broadcasting that you're about to do something is bad opsec unless it's a suicide mission.

Unless Snowden is the controlled op.

UWDude
08-04-2016, 03:19 AM

Interesting times, for sure.

Zippyjuan
08-04-2016, 12:46 PM
Somebody wants to write a book about him. http://www.businessinsider.com/edward-snowden-issued-a-cryptic-warning-on-twitter-2016-8

Snowden also quoted a tweet by journalist and author Barton Gellman, who said that he is seeking information on Snowden's work in the intelligence community so he can write Snowden's biography, and "tell it truthfully." Gellman elaborated in an encrypted message:

I'm writing a book for Penguin Press called DARK MIRROR: Edward Snowden and the American Surveillance State. I want to hear from anyone who has first-hand information on either. It need not be some deep dark secret. I'm interested in your observations about Snowden's work and work habits at CIA, Dell, NSA and Booz; or his time in the Army; or in computer training courses; or the surveillance programs and practices he described. Agree with him or not, I'd like to hear from you.

ghengis86
08-05-2016, 06:44 AM

True. Definitely thought about that. The one thing I keep coming back to though is the amount of information in his dump and level of exposure. Seems legit, although the other side is not far from possible too - "hey, they can't do anything about it anyway, so throw the plebs their 'hero' and have him tell all our secrets and they will think they've done something while we continue doing what we've always done'

Because aside from everyone knowing what the NSA does, has anything changed? Been repealed? Stopped? Nope

timosman
08-05-2016, 08:46 AM

Snowden is on the side of CIA in the CIA vs. NSA confrontation. NSA gained too much intel/power from using electronic surveillance. It was time to restore balance in the shadow universe.

osan
08-05-2016, 09:26 AM
True. Definitely thought about that. The one thing I keep coming back to though is the amount of information in his dump and level of exposure. Seems legit, although the other side is not far from possible too - "hey, they can't do anything about it anyway, so throw the plebs their 'hero' and have him tell all our secrets and they will think they've done something while we continue doing what we've always done'

Because aside from everyone knowing what the NSA does, has anything changed? Been repealed? Stopped? Nope

Nothing you write is disagreeable, and very much plausible.

I would add that the intent may be there for the purposes of perfecting the training of the mob to accept government action no matter how criminally outrageous.

There is little doubt in my mind that the past 50 years (at the very least) have been largely about the operant conditioning of vast swaths of people. This makes the most sense. If you can get people to accept what you do, there is no need to fear what they might do in retaliation.

Spikender
08-05-2016, 09:27 AM

It became normalized because the people let it. Even if Snowden was controlled OP, he revealed actual programs run under the NSA and people have failed to do anything about it.

osan
08-05-2016, 09:29 AM
Snowden is on the side of CIA in the CIA vs. NSA confrontation. NSA gained too much intel/power from using electronic surveillance. It was time to restore balance in the shadow universe.

Certainly plausible, but methinks perhaps not likely. This is the stuff of a decent novel, but not for a documentary. Cohesion between "units" is important. Having them at one another's throats pursuant to points of mere pride and petty power grabs doesn't strike me as becoming of those who are seriously moving toward openly globalized power.