PDA

View Full Version : It appears Dems are scared of Hillary-Trump debates outcome

enhanced_deficit
07-30-2016, 02:26 PM
if this is confirmed:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/30/media/donald-trump-presidential-debates-schedule/

(http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/30/media/donald-trump-presidential-debates-schedule/)Donald Trump and RNC attack presidential debate schedule http://i.cdn.turner.com/money/.element/img/8.0/authors/byline-icon/brian-stelter.png by Brian Stelter Brianstelter July 30, 2016: 3:20 PM ET http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/dam/assets/160730100256-donald-trump-tweet-debates-780x439.jpg The Commission on Presidential Debates has many critics too, but it was specifically formed to provide a nonpartisan structure for debates that doesn't favor one candidate over another.

07-30-2016, 03:20 PM
The democrats control the media. What exactly are they worried about?

Antischism
07-30-2016, 03:25 PM
"I can't get away with the softball bullshit that I was handed during the primaries, so I'm now going to try to weasel my way out of the presidential debates."

Zippyjuan
07-30-2016, 06:57 PM
from the link:

In fact, the fall debate schedule was determined almost a year ago by the nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates, a private group made up of both Republicans and Democrats.

The Commission on Presidential Debates has many critics too, but it was specifically formed to provide a nonpartisan structure for debates that doesn't favor one candidate over another.

The parties are not involved in the debate scheduling, a point that Spicer made on CNN: The commission "announces the dates without consultation of the parties or the candidates."

It was announced last September.

P3ter_Griffin
07-30-2016, 07:10 PM
Commission on Presidential Debates members (http://www.muckety.com/0714F1BFBFEF69135F5BBB57242BA1ED.map)

Bob Scheifer, Leon Penetta, Howard Buffet, Jimmy Carter, and Bill Clinton, along with a bunch more people I know nothing about.

devil21
07-30-2016, 07:16 PM
The democrats control the media. What exactly are they worried about?

Media is completely out of the closet about how biased it is this election. I'm no fan of either candidate but the headline differences are absurd. Everything Trump does or says is spun into him kicking puppies and stealing kids lunch money while Hillary's headlines are about how her innocent self was hacked by the evil Russians (of course at Trump's behest :rolleyes:) and how she fed the homeless and cured cancer.

Judging by the headlines on google news today, Trump insulted a muslim woman, attacked a fire marshal, made a child cry and directed the Russians to destroy America. Hillary's worst headline was picking a VP that latinos don't love. It's absurd.

juleswin
07-30-2016, 07:20 PM
from the link:

Ofc, they must have known that the long shot Donald Trump would get the nomination a year back and started plotting against him. Keep in mind, around this time, Trump was still chummy with the Clintons, praising her term as SOS, pretending Benghazi was not a scandal. The man is acting like a professional victim just like one would expect from a liberal (sorry Zippy).

Zippyjuan
07-30-2016, 07:31 PM
Commission on Presidential Debates members (http://www.muckety.com/0714F1BFBFEF69135F5BBB57242BA1ED.map)

Bob Scheifer, Leon Penetta, Howard Buffet, Jimmy Carter, and Bill Clinton, along with a bunch more people I know nothing about.

Former presidents are "honorary" members. Their Board of Directors:

Board of Directors

Howard G. Buffett
John C. Danforth
Mitchell E. Daniels, Jr.
Charles Gibson
John Griffen
Jane Harman
Antonia Hernandez
Reverend John I. Jenkins
Jim Lehrer
Newton N. Minow
Richard D. Parsons
Dorothy S. Ridings
Olympia Snowe
Shirley M. Tilghman

Chairmen:

Co-Chairmen

Frank J. Fahrenkopf, Jr.
Michael D. McCurry

http://debates.org/index.php?page=commission-leadership

CPUd
07-30-2016, 07:34 PM
Media is completely out of the closet about how biased it is this election. I'm no fan of either candidate but the headline differences are absurd. Everything Trump does or says is spun into him kicking puppies and stealing kids lunch money while Hillary's headlines are about how her innocent self was hacked by the evil Russians (of course at Trump's behest :rolleyes:) and how she fed the homeless and cured cancer.

Judging by the headlines on google news today, Trump insulted a muslim woman, attacked a fire marshal, made a child cry and directed the Russians to destroy America. Hillary's worst headline was picking a VP that latinos don't love. It's absurd.

Trump brings a lot of that on himself by going out there and saying whatever. He is essentially using the same strategy as he did in the primaries, but the reaction is more polarized.

timosman
07-30-2016, 07:41 PM

Brilliant analysis. Outa rep.

timosman
07-30-2016, 07:42 PM
Trump brings a lot of that on himself by going out there and saying whatever.

Trump says whatever. Sure. ;)

twkilo
07-30-2016, 07:54 PM
Just from a ratings perspective, it doesn't make much sense to compete against Sunday and Monday night football.

Zippyjuan
07-30-2016, 08:07 PM
Just from a ratings perspective, it doesn't make much sense to compete against Sunday and Monday night football.

Games on Thursday as well. What day of the week would you suggest for a debate to try to get a large audience? Friday? Tuesday?

Flash chart- see link. http://www.statista.com/statistics/299397/numver-primetime-tv-viewers-day-of-the-week-usa/

CPUd
07-30-2016, 08:12 PM
If it's the Falcons vs. Saints, they will be all right to have the debate.

Zippyjuan
07-30-2016, 08:17 PM
First debate would be Falcons/ Saints September 26th.
Second debate- Sunday, October 9th. NY Giants vs Green Bay Packers.
Third debate- October 19th a Wednesday. No game.

twkilo
07-30-2016, 08:41 PM
Games on Thursday as well. What day of the week would you suggest for a debate to try to get a large audience? Friday? Tuesday?

Flash chart- see link. http://www.statista.com/statistics/299397/numver-primetime-tv-viewers-day-of-the-week-usa/

Thursday night games are a joke. Sunday and Monday night football draw massive ratings.

All I'm saying, if they want a certain demographic to ignore the first two debates then mission accomplished.

CPUd
07-30-2016, 08:53 PM
Thursday night games are a joke. Sunday and Monday night football draw massive ratings.

All I'm saying, if they want a certain demographic to ignore the first two debates then mission accomplished.

The first debate could be a huge draw no matter when they have it.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
07-30-2016, 10:09 PM
around this time, Trump was still chummy with the Clintons

This is false. In September 2015, Trump and Clinton were going after each other hard.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/05/politics/jeanne-shaheen-women-for-hillary/

Please delete your false comment and apologize to to the forum for posting lies.

I have two strategies to suggest as to how you might not post lies in the future:

1. Read more, so you will not be so ignorant.

2. Find Jesus, so you won't be compelled to lie as often.

One or both of these strategies could be used to great effect.

Hope this helps.

juleswin
07-30-2016, 10:43 PM
This is false. In September 2015, Trump and Clinton were going after each other hard.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/05/politics/jeanne-shaheen-women-for-hillary/

Please delete your false comment and apologize to to the forum for posting lies.

I have two strategies to suggest as to how you might not post lies in the future:

1. Read more, so you will not be so ignorant.

2. Find Jesus, so you won't be compelled to lie as often.

One or both of these strategies could be used to great effect.

Hope this helps.

Not going to take anything back. Remember, Trump announced his candidacy June 16 2015 and he had to talk to his very good friend Bill Clinton for advice. This is not conspiracy theory, he said it himself during the 1st debate. My guess is that he was still friendly with them when he had this talk with Bill and that was around this time last year.

It's not my fault that you are triggered by the truth. Now you apologize for creating this silly post.

devil21
07-30-2016, 10:56 PM
Trump brings a lot of that on himself by going out there and saying whatever. He is essentially using the same strategy as he did in the primaries, but the reaction is more polarized.

I'm sorry but no, the truth is the media is spinning everything into something anti-Trump while Clinton continues to get a pass. Her appearances today were all in front of bused in 'supporters' that followed her bus around but does the media mention that? Do they mention how the wire factory 'employees' she gave a speech to weren't even employees of the factory and that the real employees were locked out while she preached to her bused in fakers? No. But Trump questions why this Khan guy's wife is never allowed to speak, only sit there next to her husband looking sad and suddenly according to the headlines he 'insulted a muslim mother of a killed-in-action soldier serving the country'. It's absurd how biased the media is.

CPUd
07-30-2016, 11:05 PM
I'm sorry but no, the truth is the media is spinning everything into something anti-Trump while Clinton continues to get a pass. Her appearances today were all in front of bused in 'supporters' that followed her bus around but does the media mention that? Do they mention how the wire factory 'employees' she gave a speech to weren't even employees of the factory and that the real employees were locked out while she preached to her bused in fakers? No. But Trump questions why this Khan guy's wife is never allowed to speak, only sit there next to her husband looking sad and suddenly according to the headlines he 'insulted a muslim mother of a killed-in-action soldier serving the country'. It's absurd how biased the media is.

There's a lot of stuff about Trump the press is giving him a pass on as well. Particularly with his shady business dealings and mob connections, the kind of stuff that would actually hurt him. Instead, they focus on dumb shit he says that will be forgotten about by next week.

ProBlue33
07-31-2016, 07:11 AM
This will be the greatest political boxing match of all time, and somebody is going to get a bloody nose out of this, maybe even knock out punch will get delivered.
Football has nothing on this, it's not even playoffs, who cares, PVR it.

Antischism
07-31-2016, 10:40 AM
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/nfl-denies-it-sent-letter-trump-over-debate-schedule-n620391?cid=sm_fb

The National Football League said Saturday it did not send a letter to Donald Trump about the timing of the presidential debate schedule, after the GOP nominee claimed the league had.

Asked by ABC News' George George Stephanopoulos in an interview that will air on "This Week" Sunday, Trump said, "I'll tell you what I don't like. It's against two NFL games."

"I got a letter from the NFL saying 'this is ridiculous, why are the debates against' — because the NFL doesn't want to go against the debates because the debates are going to be pretty massive from what I understand," Trump said.

The NFL denied any letter was sent.

"While we would obviously wish the Debate Commission could find another night, we did not send a letter to Mr. Trump," The NFL said in a statement Saturday.

https://media.giphy.com/media/P12bvrj00Hrb2/giphy.gif

juleswin
07-31-2016, 10:47 AM
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/nfl-denies-it-sent-letter-trump-over-debate-schedule-n620391?cid=sm_fb

https://media.giphy.com/media/P12bvrj00Hrb2/giphy.gif

But you see, the Donald tells these lies on purpose so the media would keep talking about him. So make fun of his dishonesty all you want, but by you creating this post, he has already won.

#winning

Antischism
07-31-2016, 10:49 AM
But you see, the Donald tells these lies on purpose so the media would keep talking about him. So make fun of his dishonesty all you want, but by you creating this post, he has already won.

#winning

"I like Ron Paul because he has integrity; he is an honest statesman. Trump? Well, he's a liar with no integrity, but who cares?! #BlueLivesMatter #MAGA"

Ender
07-31-2016, 11:06 AM

She was allowed to speak and has been aired before- she stated it was too personal for her; too heartbreaking to talk about in public.

Why did Trump bend his selfish response to them toward her not speaking instead of just acknowledging sorrow for the loss of their son- coulda been a win/win for him.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
07-31-2016, 01:49 PM
Not going to take anything back.

Wow, why do you hate the forum so much that you intentionally post lies here?

Is blatant, unrepentant lying against against forum rules?

Should this be reported to moderators?

juleswin
07-31-2016, 01:55 PM
Wow, why do you hate the forum so much that you intentionally post lies here?

Is blatant, unrepentant lying against against forum rules?

Should this be reported to moderators?

Still waiting for my apology but not holding my breath on it. We know the Trump supports have publicly praised using lies to promote their candidate

Brian4Liberty
07-31-2016, 02:15 PM
from the link:

It was announced last September.

Hillary, DWS, and the DNC establishment has been planning this Hillary election for years. The same forces that plotted against Bernie with the Democrat debate schedule did the same prep work for the General Election.

P3ter_Griffin
07-31-2016, 03:39 PM
Former presidents are "honorary" members. Their Board of Directors:

Chairmen:

http://debates.org/index.php?page=commission-leadership

hmmmm... this document from 2015 (http://www.concordcoalition.org/files/pres_deb_resp_concord_coalition_1.pdf) has Clinton, Penetta, and Scheifer all listed. A page on the commission’s website had Panetta listed as a new director in 2014. No where have I seen GWB listed, and he is obviously a former president.

Antischism
07-31-2016, 03:54 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/07/31/here-are-the-facts-about-the-debate-over-the-debates/

Moreover, it is not unusual for a presidential debate to be held on a Sunday or Monday, in conflict with NFL games, or on a Friday. Only one debate round — in 2000 — took place only on mid-week days. No presidential debates since 1992 have been held on a Saturday night.

Here are the dates for the debates since 1992, along with audience ratings. In all but one case — 1996 — a debate held on a Sunday, Monday or Friday received somewhat lower viewership than debates held in the middle of the week, based on data from Nielsen Media Research.

Oct. 11 (Sunday) — 62.4 million
Oct. 14 (Thursday) — 69.9 million
Oct. 19 (Monday) — 66.9 million
Oct. 13 (VP — Tuesday) — 51.2 million

Oct. 6 (Sunday) — 46.1 million
Oct. 16 (Wednesday) — 36.3 million
Oct. 9 (VP — Wednesday) — 26.6 million

Oct. 3 (Tuesday) — 46.6 million
Oct. 11 (Wednesday) — 37.5 million
Oct. 17 (Tuesday) — 37.7 million
Oct. 5 (VP — Thursday) — 28.5 million

Sept. 30 (Thursday) — 62.4 million
Oct. 8 (Friday) — 46.7 million
Oct. 13 (Wednesday) — 51.1 million
Oct. 5 (VP-Tuesday) — 43.5 million

Sept. 26 (Friday) — 52.4 million
Oct. 7 (Thursday) — 63.2 million
Oct. 15 (Wednesday) — 56.5 million
Oct. 2 (VP — Thursday) — 69.9 million

Oct. 3 (Wednesday) — 67.2 million
Oct. 16 (Tuesday) — 65.6 million
Oct. 22 (Monday) — 59.2 million
Oct. 11 (VP — Thursday) — 51.4 million

2016 (proposed)
Sept. 26 (Monday)
Oct. 9 (Sunday)
Oct. 19 (Wednesday)
Oct. 4 (VP-Tuesday)

In other words, the Trump campaign's claim that they're "trying to hide Hillary from the public" is full of sh!t. Truth is, they're trying to find any excuse to give him room to duck out of the debates.

enhanced_deficit
07-31-2016, 08:49 PM
"I can't get away with the softball bull$#@! that I was handed during the primaries, so I'm now going to try to weasel my way out of the presidential debates."

She hasn't held a press conference for almost year.

juleswin
07-31-2016, 09:50 PM
She hasn't held a press conference for almost year.

And that is the way she is going to win i.e. ducking and running. Cos the more she opens her mouth, the more people realize how vile of a woman she is. Trump on the other hand follows the opposite strategy, he believes that all the negative press i.e. body punches will get him the win.

enhanced_deficit
08-01-2016, 09:06 PM
And that is the way she is going to win i.e. ducking and running. Cos the more she opens her mouth, the more people realize how vile of a woman she is. Trump on the other hand follows the opposite strategy, he believes that all the negative press i.e. body punches will get him the win.

But how can she duck and run in debates when a mean hitter like Trumpster would be there to disrupt things?
Media controls seem to not work completely when Trump gets under his opponents skin.

Zippyjuan
08-01-2016, 09:17 PM
I have not heard her complaining about debating. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-debates-idUSKCN10B0Q9

Trump 'not thrilled' with debate dates, Clinton vows 'to be there'

http://s3.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20160731&t=2&i=1147785097&w=644&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&sq=&r=LYNXNPEC6U0E7

Republican candidate Donald Trump said he is unhappy with the dates set for this fall's presidential debates, but White House rival Hillary Clinton countered that the schedule was decided long ago and vowed to show up regardless of his objections.

The nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates has scheduled three televised debates ahead of the Nov. 8 election - Monday, Sept. 26, Sunday, Oct. 9, and Wednesday, Oct. 19. The dates were set almost a year ago.

Trump and other Republicans said they should be changed because of conflicts with National Football League games.

"I think two of the three are against the NFL, so I'm not thrilled with that," the Republican presidential nominee said in an interview with ABC's "This Week" that aired on Sunday.

Speaking to reporters while campaigning at a cheese barn in Ashland, Ohio, Clinton noted that the debate schedule had been established long before the two major political parties chose their nominees.

"I'm going to be there. That's all I'll say," Clinton said just days after the end of the Democratic National Convention, where the former secretary of state accepted her party's presidential nomination.

In a statement, the commission said the chosen dates "will serve the American public well," adding that it was impossible to avoid all sporting events when working out the schedule. It said the debates had never been rescheduled for such conflicts.

Trump, who tweeted on Friday that Clinton was "trying to rig the debates" so that fewer people would watch, suggested in the ABC interview that his rival wanted the debates to be held "when nobody's home" to watch.

Newt Gingrich, a Trump adviser and former speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, tweeted that the scheduling "makes me think the commission is rigged to help hide Hillary from the voters."

'MAXIMUM AUDIENCE'

The commission was established in 1987 by the Republicans and Democrats to ensure the debates became a permanent part of the campaign after a series of "hastily arranged" events in 1976, 1980 and 1984 - and no debates in 1964, 1968 and 1972.

Neither party is involved with running the commission, which is governed by an independent board of directors. It is co-chaired by former Republican National Committee chairman Frank Fahrenkopf and Mike McCurry, a former press secretary in Bill Clinton's White House.

He tried to avoid the Republican debates too.

Zippyjuan
08-01-2016, 09:20 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-says-he-wont-participate-in-gop-debate-on-fox-news/2016/01/26/58fa0b2e-c490-11e5-a4aa-f25866ba0dc6_story.html

Trump says he won’t participate in GOP debate on Fox News

MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa — Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump abruptly announced here Tuesday that he would not participate in Thursday’s scheduled debate, escalating his off-and-on feud with Fox News Channel and throwing the GOP campaign into turmoil.

Trump’s assertion, which his campaign manager insisted was irreversible, came less than one week before the kickoff Iowa caucuses. He once again defied the conventional rules of politics, and used his power and prominence to shape the campaign agenda and conversation.

So far, Trump’s untraditional moves have only expanded his support, but his threatened boycott leaves him open to criticism that for all his tough talk he is ducking face-to-face confrontations with his opponents and scrutiny from the Fox moderators.

Zippyjuan
08-01-2016, 09:21 PM
http://kutv.com/news/local/donald-trump-to-skip-republican-debate-in-salt-lake-city

Donald Trump to skip SLC Republican Debate, Kasich follows suit

http://static-33.sinclairstoryline.com/resources/media/fb18de29-f3f8-4e7b-aec8-8e102ea3d5df-large16x9_KUTV_TRUMPKASICH_3162016.jpg?14581475260 09

(KUTV) Donald Trump announced Wednesday that he plans to skip Salt Lake City's Republican Debate, which Fox News will host at the Salt Palace next week. Shortly after the announcement, campaign officials said John Kasich would also not attend unless Trump changed his mind.

The billionaire businessman and GOP Frontrunner cited prior commitments to give a speech to "an important group of people."

"I think we have had enough debates," Trump told Fox News. "We have had 11 or 12 debates. I did really well on the last one. I think I have done well in all the debates...But I think we've had enough. How many times can the same people ask you the same question?"

According to CBS News, Trump confirmed he would be speaking with the American Israel Public Affairs Committe (AIPAC), during their annual policy conference from Mar. 20-22 in Washington, D.C.

"Nobody told me about it," said Trump about the debate. "And I won't be there, no."

John Weaver, a campaign strategist for John Kasich, tweeted Wednesday that Kasich won't attend the debate unless Trump changes his mind.

"No surprise Trump avoiding contrast," Weaver wrote in a tweet.

Trump likes to control the media. That is harder to do in a live debate.