PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson & Weld: "We Support TPP and NAFTA"

notsure
07-29-2016, 08:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQF_G13syyQ

Natural Citizen
07-29-2016, 09:04 PM
Well. There we have it, kiddies. The so-called common good. In terms of the TPP this means "good" by force through coercion of Man by Government for his own good. And in Liberty, no less. That's just beautiful. I almost want to whistle freakin Dixie over here. Heh.

TPP is an illegal transfer of power in our Republic. And it sacrifices our Constitution. To relinquish sovereignty for the greater good is to relinquish the protection of the rights of The Minority of One. That means You. :)

phill4paul
07-29-2016, 09:15 PM
So he supports TPP and NAFTA, but he believes free-trade and agreement are exact opposites? He's almost as good as Trump. Except he's boring. And why exactly is his V.P. speaking for him? Sorry, I don't believe he is a "liberty" candidate. And, believe me if the L.P would have fielded a good team I'd be in 100%. Terrible fail.

Natural Citizen
07-29-2016, 09:24 PM
So he supports TPP and NAFTA, but he believes free-trade and agreement are exact opposites? He's almost as good as Trump. Except he's boring. And why exactly is his V.P. speaking for him? Sorry, I don't believe he is a "liberty" candidate. And, believe me if the L.P would have fielded a good team I'd be in 100%. Terrible fail.

Agreed fully. Although Johnson, himself, seems like more of a cultural Marxist to me. His foundation for moral code, in my view, isn't consistent in any way with the true foundation for moral code that establish the principles of Individual Liberty as they relate to the traditional American philosophy of governance set forth by the framers. Seems like his foundation for moral code is based on something that is completely contrary. Actually aggressive toward, to be clear.

jkob
07-30-2016, 09:58 AM
I can say that GJ/Weld and Hillary/Kaine at this point are both worse than Trump/Pence

"libertarians"

Origanalist
07-30-2016, 10:01 AM
This is like watching a train wreck.

Natural Citizen
07-30-2016, 10:03 AM
This is like watching a train wreck.

Heh. Choo choooooooo. We're going off the rails on a crazy train. http://hyves-smileys.immerblei.com/img/smiley_headbang.gif

NewRightLibertarian
07-30-2016, 10:16 AM
I believe that staunch supporters of this ticket must wear the scarlet letter afterward, and never be allowed into any position of leadership or influence within the liberty movement.

undergroundrr
07-30-2016, 10:17 AM
Lol at Wolf "You've alienated Bernie supporters." He doesn't need Bernie supporters. He needs moderate democrats and moderate republicans.

But yeah, Weld is more and more showing himself to be a tool, although he probably earned them a bunch of campaign funding with that statement. Johnson danced around it.

undergroundrr
07-30-2016, 10:18 AM
and never be allowed into any position of leadership or influence within the liberty movement.

Where are these "positions of leadership or influence within the liberty movement?" Other than Ron, Rand, Justin and a few others I've never seen one.

Natural Citizen
07-30-2016, 10:19 AM
I believe that staunch supporters of this ticket must wear the scarlet letter afterward, and never be allowed into any position of leadership or influence within the liberty movement.

Heh. Ought to be interesting around here after November, too. :)

NewRightLibertarian
07-30-2016, 10:21 AM
Where are these "positions of leadership or influence within the liberty movement?" Other than Ron, Rand, Justin and a few others I've never seen one.

I mean they shouldn't be a precinct campaign, candidate for dog catcher, or anything other than maybe a rank-and-file within the liberty movement. This type of cowardice is unacceptable. Time for a much needed house-cleaning in what is devolving into a complete joke of a movement.

undergroundrr
07-30-2016, 11:00 AM
Time for a much needed house-cleaning in what is devolving into a complete joke of a movement.

Great, you can get right on that after you finish cyber-canvassing for trump and Pence.

Origanalist
07-30-2016, 12:33 PM
I don't see enough difference from the other two parties here to really distinguish the LP as a alternative so what is the point of a separate party?

undergroundrr
07-30-2016, 12:56 PM
I don't see enough difference from the other two parties here to really distinguish the LP as a alternative so what is the point of a separate party?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?498739-Gary-Johnson-quot-LET-S-STOP-THESE-WARS!-quot&p=6275944#post6275944

Origanalist
07-30-2016, 12:59 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?498739-Gary-Johnson-quot-LET-S-STOP-THESE-WARS!-quot&p=6275944#post6275944

GW ran on a non interventionist platform. And hasn't he already stated he thinks humanitarian intervention is justifiable?

undergroundrr
07-30-2016, 01:32 PM
GW ran on a non interventionist platform. And hasn't he already stated he thinks humanitarian intervention is justifiable?

Yes, there are documented comments. Nonetheless, it's refreshing to hear the non-interventionist message stated strong and the audience loves it.

You were saying you didn't see enough difference to distinguish. Well, Hillary is a hawk. People who depict trump as non-interventionist have to pick and choose isolated hints and equivocate. Here you have a guy saying "Let's stop these wars" with fervor. That's a much different message.

Feelgood
07-30-2016, 05:07 PM
Looks like I will abstain from voting once again. Fuck my life...

Spikender
07-30-2016, 05:18 PM
Looks like I will abstain from voting once again. $#@! my life...

Time to write in Ron Paul again.

LibertyEagle
07-30-2016, 05:41 PM

Yup, he sure did.

NewRightLibertarian
07-30-2016, 07:58 PM
Great, you can get right on that after you finish cyber-canvassing for trump and Pence.

Somebody's got to impose some type of a standard on the movement. Otherwise, scumbag globalist gun-grabbing pukes like Bill Weld will come in and make a fool out of us all.

heavenlyboy34
07-30-2016, 08:10 PM
Agreed fully. Although Johnson, himself, seems like more of a cultural Marxist to me. His foundation for moral code, in my view, isn't consistent in any way with the true foundation for moral code that establish the principles of Individual Liberty as they relate to the traditional American philosophy of governance set forth by the framers. Seems like his foundation for moral code is based on something that is completely contrary. Actually aggressive toward, to be clear.

The framers didn't actually put forth a moral code. If they had it, they didn't codify it into law-that's how fascism so quickly and easily swallowed up what little classical liberalism had been left after the Federalists put the nail in the coffin of meaningful "liberty-oriented" political philosophy.

heavenlyboy34
07-30-2016, 08:16 PM
Looks like I will abstain from voting once again. Fuck my life...

https://i.imgflip.com/187tgq.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/187tgq)via Imgflip Meme Generator (https://imgflip.com/memegenerator)

undergroundrr
07-30-2016, 09:28 PM
Yup, he sure did.

With congress.

William Tell
07-30-2016, 09:31 PM
Johnson seemed really uncomfortable, but he is Weld's poodle and has to go along with whatever he says.

adam220891
08-01-2016, 06:20 PM
Can't vote for this shit ticket.

Disgusting.

dannno
08-01-2016, 07:19 PM
Huh, I didn't hear GJ say he supported NAFTA, he probably didn't want to walk back what Weld said to make them look united.. pretty bad that he has to put up with this and make these arguments I dunno who is 'advising' him on this.

William Tell
08-01-2016, 07:54 PM
Huh, I didn't hear GJ say he supported NAFTA, he probably didn't want to walk back what Weld said to make them look united.. pretty bad that he has to put up with this and make these arguments I dunno who is 'advising' him on this.

Weld is the one who was going to raise 10s of millions for the LP, so he gets to call the shots. Of course, the idea that Weld's friends would donate to a third party was BS anyway, but Johnson is stuck with him.

Occam's Banana
08-01-2016, 10:30 PM
Huh, I didn't hear GJ say he supported NAFTA, he probably didn't want to walk back what Weld said to make them look united [...]

Funny, but I would've thought it was the VP guy, and not the head of the ticket, who should be the one to do any tongue-biting for the sake of "unity" ...

So who's the Chief and who's the Injun here ... ?