PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson Interview With FOX at DNC

r3volution 3.0
07-28-2016, 04:47 PM
I only caught the end, but it was excellent.

Both Johnson and Weld were there, advocating non-interventionism in a very intelligent way.

They cut to a clip of Trump making one of his typically incoherent/personal attacks on Johnson.

Johnson's response was to laugh and say they'll deal with him in the debate in September.

:)

...no video yet, will post it when I find it.

puppetmaster
07-28-2016, 04:52 PM

Both Johnson and Weld were there, advocating non-interventionism in a very intelligent way.

They cut to a clip of Trump making one of his typically incoherent/personal attacks on Johnson.

Johnson's response was to laugh and say they'll deal with him in the debate in September.

...no video yet, will post it when I find it. really? The media that is in the tank for Trump? You don't say.

r3volution 3.0
07-28-2016, 04:53 PM
really? The media that is in the tank for Trump? You don't say.

Huh?

puppetmaster
07-28-2016, 04:57 PM
Huh? you say genius Trump playing media yet they cut to his drivel and that is supposed to help him. I rarely see him portrayed in a positive light. So I don't beleive the media is his friend as all the non trumpets beleive. But that is just the marketing genius side of me.

r3volution 3.0
07-28-2016, 05:01 PM
you say genius Trump playing media yet they cut to his drivel and that is supposed to help him.

No no, you don't understand, everything he says is drivel.

The clip they played was not intended to make him look bad, it just inevitably turns out that way whenever he opens his yap.

I rarely see him portrayed in a positive light.

FOX has been a 24/7 Trump infomercial for several months.

This is the first Gary Johnson interview on FOX I recall seeing this election cycle.

puppetmaster
07-28-2016, 05:10 PM
No no, you don't understand, everything he says is drivel.

The clip they played was not intended to make him look bad, it just inevitably turns out that way whenever he opens his yap.

FOX has been a 24/7 Trump infomercial for several months.

This is the first Gary Johnson interview on FOX I recall seeing this election cycle. i am glad to see fox supporting Gary. Why do you suppose they are advertising Gary? I don't watch them due to the treatment of the Paul's

r3volution 3.0
07-28-2016, 05:14 PM
i am glad to see fox supporting Gary. Why do you suppose they are advertising Gary? I don't watch them due to the treatment of the Paul's

Ron appeared many times on FOX in 2012, despite the fact that FOX was 100% in the tank for Romney.

In other words, your argument makes no sense.

puppetmaster
07-28-2016, 05:16 PM
Ron appeared many times on FOX in 2012, despite the fact that FOX was 100% in the tank for Romney.

In other words, your argument makes no sense. it just may make sense. We will have to wait and see.

Natural Citizen
07-28-2016, 05:26 PM
i am glad to see fox supporting Gary. Why do you suppose they are advertising Gary? I don't watch them due to the treatment of the Paul's

Well. The 2014 Mid-Term results were a clear indication that people were rejecting the two-party system. We saw numbers that we haven't seen in modern history. It would be foolish to assume that the establishment didn't notice it and that they wouldn't react to it. Seems like we're starting to see the two-party system that traditionally functioned as a single party moving toward a single party functioning as three. It's certainly no surprise to see Bush and other establishment folks/entities suddenly looking to endorse or promote the (L)ibertarian Party. The more principled Constitution Party Candidates certainly haven't received any mention at all. Which is also indicative.

r3volution 3.0
07-28-2016, 05:32 PM
Well. The 2014 Mid-Term results were a clear indication that people were rejecting the two-party system. We saw numbers that we haven't seen in modern history. It would be foolish to assume that the establishment didn't notice it and that they wouldn't react to it. Seems like we're starting to see the two-party system that traditionally functioned as a single party moving toward a single party functioning as three. It's certainly no surprise to see Bush and other establishment folks/entities suddenly looking to endorse or promote the (L)ibertarian Party.

Will you be voting for Trump in November?

Natural Citizen
07-28-2016, 05:34 PM

No. Why do you ask? I don't even recall mentioning Trump here, for that matter. Do you see it? I don't. So, why do you ask?

r3volution 3.0
07-28-2016, 05:35 PM
No. Why do you ask?

Because you spend an inordinate amount of time attacking 99% libertarian Johnson while giving 0% libertarian Trump a complete pass.

...as Trumpkins are wont to do.

Natural Citizen
07-28-2016, 05:38 PM
Because you spend an inordinate amount of time attacking 99% libertarian Johnson while giving 0% libertarian Trump a complete pass.

...as Trumpkins are wont to do.

Mm. Well. You seem to spend an inordinate amount of time wondering about other people. You also seem to spend an inordinate amount of time making baseless assumptions and claims toward other people without any support for your claim other than the fact that you're happy to know that it was you who happened to pull it out of your ass. You should learn to mind your business. It's very good advice. It is advice that will get you farther than choosing not.

Per Guidlines: We value a plethora of viewpoints. All are welcomed except those based on negativity in collectivist mindsets that view humans as members of groups rather than as individuals.

Reported.

phill4paul
07-28-2016, 05:39 PM

He's not a Trump supporter to my knowledge. I think he is just warning the the LP is in danger of being co-opted/infiltrated and that, honestly, Johnson/Weld might be an indication of this. I'm of the same mind. I'm glad the LP is getting some media mention and traction, but I really wish they had chosen someone else. That said it is what it is this election cycle.

r3volution 3.0
07-28-2016, 05:40 PM
We value a plethora of viewpoints. All are welcomed except those based on negativity in collectivist mindsets that view humans as members of groups rather than as individuals.

That's a nice way of not responding to the point I made, about your pro-Trump/anti-Johnson bias.

Natural Citizen
07-28-2016, 05:42 PM
That's a nice way of not responding to the point I made, about your pro-Trump/anti-Johnson bias.

No. It's a nice way to remind you that I'm likely one of the last people on this board that you want to fuk with, scooter. That's what it is. You didn't make a point. You have no point. Nor was there one to be made other than to insert your snarky mouth for the purpose of pampering your ego. Your ego will get you into trouble.

r3volution 3.0
07-28-2016, 05:49 PM
No. It's a nice way to remind you that I'm likely one of the last people on this board that you want to fuk with, scooter. That's what it is.

Why's that?

Because you'll bury me with thousands of words of pseudo-intellectual blather that almost conforms to the principles of English grammar?

NewRightLibertarian
07-28-2016, 05:53 PM
Can't wait until Johnson/Weld gets 2 percent in November. That'll put all the delusional LPers back in their place at the bottom of the totem pole, where they belong and are always destined to be.

Natural Citizen
07-28-2016, 05:54 PM
He's not a Trump supporter to my knowledge. I think he is just warning the the LP is in danger of being co-opted/infiltrated and that, honestly, Johnson/Weld might be an indication of this. I'm of the same mind. I'm glad the LP is getting some media mention and traction, but I really wish they had chosen someone else. That said it is what it is this election cycle.

Yep. Agreed. As I'd mentioned, the 2014 Mid-Term results were a clear indication that people are rejecting the two-party system. We did see numbers that we haven't seen in modern history. And it certainly would be foolish to assume that the establishment didn't notice it and that they wouldn't react to it. I, for one, do think that we're starting to see the two-party system that traditionally functioned as a single party moving toward a single party functioning as three during this particularelection cycle. It is, in my view, no coincidence that the (L)ibertarian Party is provided a mainstream platform all of a sudden while the more principled Constitution Party Candidates certainly haven't received any mention at all.

Pay no mind to rev. He merely seeks attention. He's battling his ego. I think he just fails to see that it's a battle he'll never win. It'll always get the best of him. In time.

euphemia
07-28-2016, 06:13 PM
I wish Johnson would address issues from the principle side. "Libertarians believe that the military is for defense only. We should not be involved in nation building or whatever and blah, blah, blah." Johnson only speaks from pragmatism and how we'd save money if we did blah, blah, blah. That sounds like he doesn't really believe what he's saying and that he would change if someone could present a different argument.

puppetmaster
07-28-2016, 06:20 PM
Well. The 2014 Mid-Term results were a clear indication that people were rejecting the two-party system. We saw numbers that we haven't seen in modern history. It would be foolish to assume that the establishment didn't notice it and that they wouldn't react to it. Seems like we're starting to see the two-party system that traditionally functioned as a single party moving toward a single party functioning as three. It's certainly no surprise to see Bush and other establishment folks/entities suddenly looking to endorse or promote the (L)ibertarian Party. The more principled Constitution Party Candidates certainly haven't received any mention at all. Which is also indicative. interesting concept

euphemia
07-28-2016, 07:22 PM
Hindsight is 20/20. Where were the Libertarians? They should have had a couple of good, principled candidates out there, but they didn't.

erowe1
07-28-2016, 07:25 PM

That's very interesting.

Does Weld have a history of backing noninterventionism before this?

LatinsforPaul
07-28-2016, 07:28 PM
Hindsight is 20/20. Where were the Libertarians? They should have had a couple of good, principled candidates out there, but they didn't.

Goes to show you how bad the Republicrats are, when Johnson is still 10 times better than Trump and Hillary.

r3volution 3.0
07-28-2016, 07:28 PM
That's very interesting.

Does Weld have a history of backing noninterventionism before this?

Perhaps, I have no idea.

He was known as a "moderate" Republican, which could mean any number of things, including being less hawkish.

Natural Citizen
07-28-2016, 07:31 PM
interesting concept

Perhaps.

RJ Liberty
07-28-2016, 07:32 PM

...no video yet, will post it when I find it.

Looking forward to seeing it! Deseret News is predicting (http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865658952/If-Mitt-Romney-endorsed-Gary-Johnson-Utah-could-very-well-become-a-swing-state.html) a good chance for Johnson in Utah. Where Utah goes, Idaho will follow.

Natural Citizen
07-28-2016, 07:34 PM
Goes to show you how bad the Republicrats are, when Johnson is still 10 times better than Trump and Hillary.

Ah. Lesser of 3 evils kind of deal?

erowe1
07-28-2016, 07:36 PM
Perhaps, I have no idea.

He was known as a "moderate" Republican, which could mean any number of things, including being less hawkish.

He only held state office. He definitely had a reputation of social liberalism, combined with what was considered fiscal conservatism by Massachusetts standards.

But being in the CFR and having obvious foreign policy interests, I would expect something to be out there about his opinion on the Iraq War for example.

Krugminator2
07-28-2016, 07:54 PM
He only held state office. He definitely had a reputation of social liberalism, combined with what was considered fiscal conservatism by Massachusetts standards.

But being in the CFR and having obvious foreign policy interests, I would expect something to be out there about his opinion on the Iraq War for example.

He supported the Iraq War. "with his past positions, including backing gun control initiatives while governor, and voicing support for eminent domain and President George W. Bush’s foreign policy approach." https://www.boston.com/news/politics/2016/05/27/bill-weld-enough-libertarian-partys-vice-presidential-candidate

Also found these. Hugh Hewitt seems pretty enthused about Weld. Hewitt cares mostly about neocon foreign policy.

erowe1
07-28-2016, 08:11 PM
He supported the Iraq War.

How do you know that?

I have seen it reported that he did along with a quote about Bush rising to the occasion on the international stage or something like that, from an interview with Charlie Rose. But when you read the actual transcript, it's not at all clear that he means that as support for the Iraq War.

H. E. Panqui
07-29-2016, 06:26 AM
Can't wait until Johnson/Weld gets 2 percent in November. That'll put all the delusional LPers back in their place at the bottom of the totem pole, where they belong and are always destined to be.

:cool:

...does it make you feel good that the/?your miserable, stinking republicans may get around 45%?... :confused:

....btw, alas, i sense a ron paul/jesse ventura ticket would've united 'libertarians' and would've performed much better than gjweld...

NewRightLibertarian
07-29-2016, 08:44 AM
:cool:

...does it make you feel good that the/?your miserable, stinking republicans may get around 45%?... :confused:

....btw, alas, i sense a ron paul/jesse ventura ticket would've united 'libertarians' and would've performed much better than gjweld...

I'd rather the Republicans lose, and for libertarians to try to fill the power vacuum there than to waste time in a party that is a total embarrassment and will never be viable.

And I'd have liked a Paul/anyone ticket in the LP but I don't blame him for not wanting to put himself out there into this mess.

LibertyEagle
07-29-2016, 10:07 AM

Johnson is a tool. Anti private property rights. Pro abortion. Pro TTP. Pro illegal alien. Pro "humanitarian" wars.

He's a tool. A globalist tool. And a fool to boot. He wants power so badly, that he can't see anything else. Much less his country's national sovereignty.

The LP sold out in record time by choosing he and NAU Weld.

CPUd
07-29-2016, 10:08 AM
Johnson is a tool. Anti private property rights. Pro abortion. Pro TTP. Pro illegal alien.

He's a tool. A globalist tool.

The LP sold out in record time by choosing he and NAU Weld.

Isn't Mike Pence a big advocate of globalist free trade deals?

LibertyEagle
07-29-2016, 10:12 AM
Isn't Mike Pence a big advocate of globalist free trade deals?

Another game from CPU. I'm shocked.

CPUd
07-29-2016, 10:16 AM
Another game from CPU. I'm shocked.

What game? It's a question you seem to be dodging.

LibertyEagle
07-29-2016, 10:18 AM
What game? It's a question you seem to be dodging.

Go look at the title of this thread CPU. It's about Gary Johnson. Go start one of your thirty daily threads about Trump and sing your song in it.

CPUd
07-29-2016, 10:20 AM
Go look at the title of this thread CPU. It's about Gary Johnson. Go start one of your thirty daily threads about Trump and sing your song in it.

Maybe you can answer for it in here:
Longtime TPP Supporter Mike Pence Now Says It’s Like Obamacare (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?498705-Longtime-TPP-Supporter-Mike-Pence-Now-Says-It%92s-Like-Obamacare)

LibertyEagle
07-29-2016, 10:30 AM
Maybe you can answer for it in here:
Longtime TPP Supporter Mike Pence Now Says It’s Like Obamacare (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?498705-Longtime-TPP-Supporter-Mike-Pence-Now-Says-It%92s-Like-Obamacare)

Here's a primer for you, CPU.

Gary Johnson - candidate for President. If elected, can sign legislation.

Mike Pence - candidate for Vice President. If elected, cannot sign legislation.

TPP would require a signature by the President.

Get it now? Good.

:rolleyes:

H. E. Panqui
07-29-2016, 12:58 PM
sgt 150: 'And I'd have liked a Paul/anyone ticket in the LP but I don't blame him for not wanting to put himself out there into this mess.'

(i'd bet ron paul could've been persuaded to head the LP ticket if rand had not ran...

Nighthawkeye
07-29-2016, 03:40 PM
Here's a primer for you, CPU.

Gary Johnson - candidate for President. If elected, can sign legislation.

Mike Pence - candidate for Vice President. If elected, cannot sign legislation.

TPP would require a signature by the President.

Get it now? Good.

:rolleyes:
The hypocrite strikes again somehow Weld the VP candidate and his views should be all important in LP consideration on issues even though the VP position has no power. But we should just ignore Pence the VP candidate for Trump as his views don't matter. And he takes someone who opposed tpp than said if it just advances free trade in a lukewarm endorsement as an advocate of the bill. Somehow Trump and TE know exactly what is in a bill they have never read, created some new global control group in their head, and than attacks someone who claims they haven't read the bill and says they don't know how they will vote on it till they know whats in it.

As for foreign trade views Trump is a Tyrant and a terrible candidate. The first one in decades to start arguing for protectionism which hasn't worked to well countries that tried it. And wants massive tariffs which will just hurt the American consumer. Trump is a disaster on trade and anti liberty, Johnson is 100* better on the issue of foreign trade. Trump wants to punish companies for doing business outside of America which is anti liberty. The people supporting trump on this issue are a mixture of bigots, tyrants, and idiots who don't understand economics.