PDA

View Full Version : Ten Things Less Likely to Kill You Than The Cops

DamianTV
07-28-2016, 03:46 PM
http://parrishmiller.com/blog/ten-things-less-likely-kill-cops/

1,208[i] people were killed by the cops in America in 2015. The number was 1,111[ii] in 2014. With 624[iii] killed so far in 2016, we're on track for 1,168 by the end of the year. Based on an average of 1,160 people killed by police per year in America, let's look at your odds of being killed by a cop relative to some other common (and not-so-common) things that might kill you.

Living in America...

You're 1.8 times more likely to be killed by a cop than by the heat.
You're 20 times more likely to be killed by a cop than by a bee, wasp, or hornet
You're 24 times more likely to be killed by a cop than by lightning.
You're 41 times more likely to be killed by a cop than by a dog.
You're 53 times more likely to be killed by a cop than by a terrorist attack.
You're 166 times more likely to be killed by a cop than by a spider.
You're 166 times more likely to be killed by a cop than by fireworks.
You're 193 times more likely to be killed by a cop than by a venomous snake.
You're 264 times more likely to be killed by a cop than by an amusement park ride.
You're 387 times more likely to be killed by a cop than by a shark, bear, or alligator.

How many of the things on the above list do you consider frightening? Next time you see a cop, remember that he's far more likely to kill you than many of the other things you probably fear.

Full article and source references on link.

phill4paul
07-28-2016, 05:35 PM
You're 53 times more likely to be killed by a cop than by a terrorist attack.

This right here is why I don't buy into this Mooslim terrorism fear that has taken hold of the U.S. If you are going to give into fear at least make it a reasonable one.

Schifference
07-28-2016, 06:12 PM
Wow! Thanks for posting. I feel safer walking the streets now.

Oh. Thought just came to mind. Your statistics might be wrong because they don't account for if you have white or black skin.

RandallFan
07-28-2016, 09:30 PM
They don't account if you are a mouthy felon.

TheTexan
07-28-2016, 10:05 PM

Yes, mouthy felons are more likely, to get killed by cops

Or if you're black.

Neither of which,, am I

pcosmar
07-28-2016, 11:19 PM

IT'S BEEN HOT HERE.

Living in America...

You're 1.8 times more likely to be killed by a cop than by the heat.

Occam's Banana
07-29-2016, 12:36 AM
Oh. Thought just came to mind. Your statistics might be wrong because they don't account for if you have white or black skin.

Are you suggesting that heat, bees, wasps, hornets, lightning, dogs, terrorists, spiders, fireworks, venomous snakes, amusement park rides, sharks, bears and alligators might be racists?

SewrRatt
07-29-2016, 06:38 AM
Are you suggesting that heat, bees, wasps, hornets, lightning, dogs, terrorists, spiders, fireworks, venomous snakes, amusement park rides, sharks, bears and alligators might be racists?

Can you categorically deny the possibility, Mr. Banana?

CaptUSA
07-29-2016, 06:50 AM
Now, what are the numbers if you're poor?

presence
07-29-2016, 07:14 AM

poor, mentally handicapped, physically handicapped, not dominant race...
all good reasons for a state sanctioned bully with supremacist sympathies to inflict a beat down

some of those that work forces... are the same that burn crosses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PjrF-dDtj0

CaptUSA
07-29-2016, 07:21 AM
7.You're 166 times more likely to be killed by a cop than by fireworks.

Interesting that fireworks are illegal in some states because they are dangerous.

RonPaulIsGreat
07-29-2016, 02:54 PM
Yes, mouthy felons are more likely, to get killed by cops

Or if you're black.

Neither of which,, am I

Harvard study says whites are actually more likely to be shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3taqA_gROCk

Suzanimal
07-29-2016, 02:58 PM

My neighbor says his dog is racist because he only barks at our UPS guy(black). Oddly enough, the dog is black, too. I've stated calling him Clayton Bigsby.

http://i.imgur.com/706kkTgm.png

oyarde
07-29-2016, 05:26 PM

That is why there is the Chris Rock video " How to not get beat by police ".

oyarde
07-29-2016, 05:28 PM

From my personal experience , yes , sharks , snakes , bears and gators are racist . They mostly bite white people .

oyarde
07-29-2016, 05:30 PM

Higher , because you are more likely to be driving around smoking , drinking with expired , suspended tags and no insurance. THis increases the chance of contact which in turn increases death rate.

oyarde
07-29-2016, 05:37 PM
Wow! Thanks for posting. I feel safer walking the streets now.

Again , Chris Rock video ( 4 minutes ) , " How to not get your ass kicked by police " . ,lol , it is racist , funny and true.

pcosmar
07-29-2016, 06:21 PM
From my personal experience , yes , sharks , snakes , bears and gators are racist . They mostly bite white people .

Never been bitten by any,, but have eaten all.

though bear must be cooked right and few are able.

Anti Federalist
07-29-2016, 08:30 PM
My neighbor says his dog is racist because he only barks at our UPS guy(black). Oddly enough, the dog is black, too. I've stated calling him Clayton Bigsby.

http://i.imgur.com/706kkTgm.png

You need new neighbors.

oyarde
07-29-2016, 08:49 PM
You need new neighbors.

" We are winning the war against Al Qaeda but we are losing the war against Al Sharpton " - Clayton Bigsby