never to early to build name recognition

to read about my past
http://www.linkedin.com/in/alexmerced

For my political opinion read my blog, Cause of Freedom

:)

Ambition is a good thing

MS0453
12-08-2007, 01:57 PM
I just checked out your district on wikipedia. What made it go from essentially a republican district (in power for 40+ years or whatever it was), to a democratic one?

I imagine you'd be running as a Republican?

AlexMerced
12-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Yep, well, I think it was mainly the empathy people had with Carolyn McCarthy, hard to vote against somebody who had their family massacred on the subway and then say to her gun are ok.

I kind hope she leaves office before I run, cause even I would feel guilty running against her, and arguing the 2nd amendment though I will if I have to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolyn_McCarthy

Her name recongition is really high, they made a lifetime movie about her rise to congress, it's psuedo legendary in those parts. It'd be a big thing for me to take her spot.

Which is why I'm starting the campaign now. I'd run for the Republican and Libertarian Nomination just to make sure I get one or the other, but if I can create enough momentum, running republican shouldn't be a problem

MS0453
12-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Wow. I didn't realize she was such a heavyweight. Does she even get any (serious) challengers now?

AlexMerced
12-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Not that I'm aware of I move into the district next month, I plan on spending the next 4 year becoming a force in the community, though I can build some nationwide recognition it wouldn't hurt.

goRPaul
12-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Why 2012? Why not 2010 or 2008? Just wondering. Good luck, we'll be supporting you.

AlexMerced
12-08-2007, 04:19 PM
age requirements, plus I want some time to build a name for myself, start in a couple of week I'll be doing a video blog where I'll be discussing the issues so people can get more face to face time and get to know me.

I have make my own celebrity status in order to compete, and like ron paul use the internet to get the message across. Trying to break into the media will require some corruption until I have a strong foundation.

I'm taking the long route of building a strong foundational following, it's the only way I can remain with my integrity of the next 16 years

MS0453
12-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Good call. I think thats why Dr. Paul's been so successful. First, people in his district actually knew who he was (as opposed to most reformers who run for government, who try to run on their platform alone) and he had a large network built up which made it easier for him to get back in the game in 90's.

AlexMerced
12-08-2007, 05:42 PM
yep, from working in music industry, it very much the same thing. Some bands mke it over night, but they go out as quick cause those no foundation to keep them their. Take a band like COheed and Cambria they spent year doing small show meeting fans, and developed a super dedicated fanbase and sell about as many albums as many bigger artists without a fraction of the marketing costs.

You make sure you have a good foundation before you build a house, or it'll fall, like Giuliani and Romney.