PDA

View Full Version : AR-15 Banned in Massachusetts

tommyrp12
07-20-2016, 12:16 PM
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/07/robert-farago/breaking-massachusetts-attorney-general-bans-new-ar-15-sales/

BREAKING: Massachusetts Attorney General Bans Sales of All New “Assault Weapons” As of Today

After the usual “assault rifles” are “weapon of war” used by “mass murderers” anti-AR agitprop, Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey dropped this bombshell at The Boston Globe.

The Massachusetts assault weapons ban mirrors the federal ban Congress allowed to expire in 2004. It prohibits the sale of specific weapons like the Colt AR-15 and AK-47 and explicitly bans “copies or duplicates” of those weapons. But gun manufacturers have taken it upon themselves to define what a “copy” or “duplicate” weapon is. They market “state compliant” copycat versions of their assault weapons to Massachusetts buyers. They sell guns without a flash suppressor or folding or telescoping stock, for example, small tweaks that do nothing to limit the lethalness of the weapon.

That will end now. On Wednesday, we are sending a directive to all gun manufacturers and dealers that makes clear that the sale of these copycat assault weapons is illegal in Massachusetts. With this directive, we will ensure we get the full protection intended when lawmakers enacted our assault weapons ban, not the watered-down version of those protections offered by gun manufacturers.

The directive specifically outlines two tests to determine what constitutes a “copy” or “duplicate” of a prohibited weapon. If a gun’s operating system is essentially the same as that of a banned weapon, or if the gun has components that are interchangeable with those of a banned weapon, it’s a “copy” or “duplicate,” and it is illegal. Assault weapons prohibited under our laws cannot be altered in any way to make their sale or possession legal in Massachusetts.

See below for legal definition of an “assault weapon.” And note: the AG does have the authority to make this determination; it was litigated by the pro-gun group GOAL some 12 ago.

Going by what I’m reading here, this new “directive” immediately bans the sales of all new AR and AK-style style rifles in The Bay State. I’ve called several Massachusetts gun stores (e.g., Worcester’s Pullman Arms above) and yup, they’re pulling all their modern sporting rifles off the shelves. Every. Single. One.

The MA AG goes on to reassure gun buyers who purchased “copy” or “duplicate” “assault rifles” that she’s not coming for their guns. At least not yet.

We recognize that most residents who purchased these guns in the past believed they were doing so legally, so this directive will not apply to possession of guns purchased before Wednesday. In the dozen years since the federal assault weapons ban lapsed, only seven states have instituted their own assault weapons ban. Many of those bans have been challenged (unsuccessfully) by the gun industry, and we anticipate our directive may be too. But our job is to enforce state laws and to keep people safe. This directive does both.

In the face of utter inaction by Congress, states have a duty to enact and enforce laws that protect people from gun violence. If Washington won’t use its power to get these guns off our streets, we will. Not only do we have the legal authority to do so, we have a moral obligation to do so.

Wrong on both counts. In any case the S has hit the F in Massachusetts, of all places.

As per Mass. Gen. Laws Ann. ch. 140, § 121, here’s The Bay State’s definition of “assault weapon” [emphasis added].

“Assault weapon”, shall have the same meaning as a semiautomatic assault weapon as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(30) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994, and shall include, but not be limited to, any of the weapons, or copies or duplicates of the weapons, of any caliber, known as: (i) Avtomat Kalashnikov (AK) (all models); (ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil; (iii) Beretta Ar70 (SC-70); (iv) Colt AR-15; (v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR and FNC; (vi) SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9 and M-12; (vi) Steyr AUG; (vii) INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22; and (viii) revolving cylinder shotguns, such as, or similar to, the Street Sweeper and Striker 12; provided, however, that the term assault weapon shall not include: (i) any of the weapons, or replicas or duplicates of such weapons, specified in appendix A to 18 U.S.C. section 922 as appearing in such appendix on September 13, 1994, as such weapons were manufactured on October 1, 1993; (ii) any weapon that is operated by manual bolt, pump, lever or slide action; (iii) any weapon that has been rendered permanently inoperable or otherwise rendered permanently unable to be designated a semiautomatic assault weapon; (iv) any weapon that was manufactured prior to the year 1899; (v) any weapon that is an antique or relic, theatrical prop or other weapon that is not capable of firing a projectile and which is not intended for use as a functional weapon and cannot be readily modified through a combination of available parts into an operable assault weapon; (vi) any semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than five rounds of ammunition; or (vii) any semiautomatic shotgun that cannot hold more than five rounds of ammunition in a fixed or detachable magazine.

Danke
07-20-2016, 02:14 PM
Buy the parts and assemble it yourself.

tommyrp12
07-20-2016, 02:26 PM
They just created a new black market, building AR's. Maybe the government does create jobs.

Danke
07-20-2016, 02:29 PM
They just created a new black market, building AR's. Maybe the government does create jobs.

Just need to mill the last 20% of the lower. And they sell those kits.

oyarde
07-20-2016, 03:47 PM
I would never live there , too expensive . If I was there I could just buy a Browning BAR Safari in 30 06 Boss , 270 Win , 300 Win Mag , 308 , 30 06 Springfield , 338 Win ........ and a bunch of magazines if I was too lazy to make an AR. It is only money :) , you cannot take it with you and if you can live there you can afford it , small price for security.

tommyrp12
07-20-2016, 04:14 PM
Yeah it is expensive over here. When people call it taxachussetts they are not kidding.

Danke
07-20-2016, 04:18 PM
I would never live there , too expensive . If I was there I could just buy a Browning BAR Safari in 30 06 Boss , 270 Win , 300 Win Mag , 308 , 30 06 Springfield , 338 Win ........ and a bunch of magazines if I was too lazy to make an AR. It is only money :) , you cannot take it with you and if you can live there you can afford it , small price for security.

What retail shop in any state in their right mind would sell a weapon to an Injun?

oyarde
07-20-2016, 04:53 PM
What retail shop in any state in their right mind would sell a weapon to an Injun?

I even get a discount , of course . It is not easy being the shining light of Great Patriotism in a world of darkness and shouldering the burden of being a National Treasure , but I make it look good . Mrs O is always amazed by my humility .

oyarde
07-20-2016, 04:54 PM
Yeah it is expensive over here. When people call it taxachussetts they are not kidding.

I do not think I could swing the property tax .

oyarde
07-20-2016, 04:56 PM

You just have not lived until you spent an evening in a Road House 60 miles from town with a bunch of armed Injuns drinking Bourbon .

tommyrp12
07-20-2016, 05:29 PM
I do not think I could swing the property tax .

I'm in a apartment so it's included in my rent. There are 30 apartments to each building so I'm pretty sure this place pays the commercial rate. But for the rest of the folks around here this is what they pay.

FALL RIVER, MASSACHUSETTS (http://fallriver.patriotproperties.com/default.asp)

Property Assessment Data
Welcome to Fall River's web site dedicated to assessment data of property in Fall River, Massachusetts.

Tax Rates for FY2016 are $13.63 Residential & $29.13 Commercial/Industrial/PP

oyarde
07-20-2016, 05:48 PM
I'm in a apartment so it's included in my rent. There are 30 apartments to each building so I'm pretty sure this place pays the commercial rate. But for the rest of the folks around here this is what they pay.

Is that 29 per assessed 1k ?

presence
07-20-2016, 06:13 PM
https://ghostgunner.net/collections/featured-products
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0206/7642/t/5/assets/logo.png?8971600482314382740

tommyrp12
07-20-2016, 06:21 PM
Is that 29 per assessed 1k ?

That is my understanding of it.

Intoxiklown
07-20-2016, 06:38 PM
So this law applies to dealers and manufacturers only? So possession and private sales are not included?

LOL.....I wonder how much the retail of AR rifles will increase within 100 miles of the state line.

tommyrp12
07-20-2016, 07:58 PM
So this law applies to dealers and manufacturers only? So possession and private sales are not included?

LOL.....I wonder how much the retail of AR rifles will increase within 100 miles of the state line.

Well the AG said she will not go after people who purchased them legally before today. But she also added that is just for now. Who knows what she may decide in the future. From what I have read on NEshooters forum is that she is probably trying to look good for a AG appointment from Hillary.

tommyrp12
07-20-2016, 08:45 PM
I'm not sure what the peoples response will be. I've heard of rallies but only as suggestions not anything coordinated. Law suits as well but i'm not holding my breath over those. Fvck.

James Yeager responds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MluCokoqSLo

phill4paul
07-20-2016, 08:53 PM
Soooo, the Fed. Gov. enforces every B.O.R. in the manner they choose on every state but they refuse to enforce "shall not be infringed?" Sounds about right.

Aratus
07-20-2016, 11:39 PM
duckies, pleez look at one of the other threads i just bumped up, about assault weapons and New Hampshire.
do not think y'all can just drive up from taxachusetts, buy a gun like an assault weapon in N.H, and ammo and
a few Forth of July fireworks, and always quietly return to thy domicile on the other side of our mutual border.

Weston White
07-20-2016, 11:44 PM
Being that the USSC has time after time made the finding that the 2nd Amend. specifically protects for the keeping and bearing of such "weapons of war" does the related public act in Massachusetts fall under logical fallacy, notwithstanding the clear implication of its unconstitutionality?

TheTexan
07-21-2016, 12:04 AM
Makes sense. Noone needs a rifle with a folding stock. Having a folding stock, just puts innocent lives at risk, is all that it does.

TheTexan
07-21-2016, 12:07 AM
Being that the USSC has time after time made the finding that the 2nd Amend. specifically protects for the keeping and bearing of such "weapons of war" does the related public act in Massachusetts fall under logical fallacy, notwithstanding the clear implication of its unconstitutionality?

Well at the end of the day, really, what's more important,,,

Some silly supreme court ruling,, or the lives of innocent children ?

nobody's_hero
07-21-2016, 02:06 AM
So much power in one office, to enact bans at whim.

fedupinmo
07-21-2016, 06:02 AM
Soooo, the Fed. Gov. enforces every B.O.R. in the manner they choose on every state but they refuse to enforce "shall not be infringed?" Sounds about right.
Yep! An easily understood blanket provision preceded by a specific provision against a specific branch of a specific level of government, and the 1st is overbearingly misapplied at every level of government using the 14th... while the universially applicable 2nd is somehow reduced to not apply to the states, or really any level of government.
There should be no difference in gun rights, from Missouri to Massachusetts.

Makes sense. Noone needs a rifle with a folding stock. Having a folding stock, just puts innocent lives at risk, is all that it does.
But it keeps your hands safe from the hot barrel... :rolleyes:

TheTexan
07-21-2016, 08:49 AM
But it keeps your hands safe from the hot barrel... :rolleyes:

Nah that's the shoulder thing,

that goes up

tommyrp12
07-21-2016, 09:49 AM
Massachusetts: Attorney General Healey Attacks Your Second Amendment Rights! (https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160721/massachusetts-attorney-general-healey-attacks-your-second-amendment-rights)

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160721/massachusetts-attorney-general-healey-attacks-your-second-amendment-rights

Yesterday, Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey announced that she wants to further restrict the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Massachusetts citizens by arbitrarily changing the way her office enforces the state’s existing “assault weapons” ban. Massachusetts state law currently prohibits the possession of “assault weapons” and large capacity feeding devices (defined as devices capable of holding certain amounts of ammunition) and “copies or duplicates of the weapons.” This law mirrors the federal “assault weapons” ban that expired in 2004.

Attorney General Healey claims that gun manufacturers across the state have been selling firearms to citizens that they claim are compliant with the law, but that she says would be considered “copies or duplicates” of the “assault weapons” prohibited for possession under Massachusetts law.

By doing so, Attorney General Healey has over stepped her boundaries as Attorney General and created a new definition outside of the statute that currently regulates so-called “assault weapons” in Massachusetts. This new definition could lead to a total ban of all semi-automatic firearms in the state.

Your NRA-ILA will be working tirelessly to protect the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding gun owners in Massachusetts by looking into the legal options available to fight this egregious attack. Please stay tuned to your email inbox and www.nraila.org for further updates on this issue.

tommyrp12
07-21-2016, 09:58 AM
Planned rallies so far.

Protest Against the Unconstitutional Assault Weapons Ruling by MA Attorney General Maura Healey

Today at 5 PM (JUL 21, 2016)

Massachusetts State House
24 Beacon Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02108

Let's have our voices be heard, that we will not allow our rights to be limited without due judicial process as described in the State Constitution.

We will not rest until Attorney General Maura Healey recants her unjust ruling against Assault Weapons and our 2nd Amendment Rights

¡Disclaimer!
•NO OPEN CARRY•

GOAL RALLY at MA State House – Front Steps – Saturday July 23, 2016 – 10:00 AM

Join us!

Rally against rogue actions by MA Attorney General Maura Healey, who decided to make hundreds of thousands of law-abiding gun owners “felons in waiting” via her sneak attack action posted this week while the legislature was away.

This Saturday, July 23rd the MA Legislature will be in a rare weekend special session to handle other matters – plan to be at the State House at 10:00 AM

Make your voice heard – Meet with your legislators – Protest the anti–freedom actions of Attorney General Healey.

Also, please note! CALL your legislator TODAY and urge them to join us against the rogue actions of AG Healey.

Click here to look up your legislators contact info.

http://blog.goal.org/ra/

Please sign. I know it's just a petition that will get ignored most likely, but it may just show that there are more people concerned than not.
Petitioning Governor Charles Baker

Over Turn the AG's Decision of the "Assault Weapons" Ban

https://www.change.org/p/charles-baker-over-turn-the-ag-s-decision-of-the-assault-weapons-ban?recruiter=252441031&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink

Uriel999
07-21-2016, 08:20 PM
Planned rallies so far.

Please sign. I know it's just a petition that will get ignored most likely, but it may just show that there are more people concerned than not.
Petitioning Governor Charles Baker

Over Turn the AG's Decision of the "Assault Weapons" Ban

https://www.change.org/p/charles-baker-over-turn-the-ag-s-decision-of-the-assault-weapons-ban?recruiter=252441031&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink

If they are really going to rally they should all open carry their AR-15's in pure defiance of Masshole law.

And of course bring a full combat load, plate carriers, kevlars, and most importantly a willingness to die for what they believe in.

tommyrp12
07-21-2016, 09:13 PM
If they are really going to rally they should all open carry their AR-15's in pure defiance of M$#@! law.

And of course bring a full combat load, plate carriers, kevlars, and most importantly a willingness to die for what they believe in.

I don't know if this is going to be the Boston massacre part II, but I'm pretty sure there will be people who will be armed. I'm going to the GOAL rally and I'll take as many pics and as much video as I can for the forum. I'll figure out how to upload it later. I don't have all the listed equipment but whatever happens, happens. I'll be there regardless.

pcosmar
07-21-2016, 11:28 PM
I believe that even in Ma. there is an AR in the trunk of nearly every Cop car.

If you need one.

Ronin Truth
07-22-2016, 04:17 PM
What about the Ruger 10/22? :eek:

Intoxiklown
07-22-2016, 04:35 PM
If they are really going to rally they should all open carry their AR-15's in pure defiance of Masshole law.

I'd be very curious to see just how much hell a couple hundred well armed, motivated, people could do to the state. More so, when they reach the point of, as you included, decision with only two possible options. Their lives to live as they see fit, or die fighting for it.

I'd also be curious to see how "contagious" it was once started.

oyarde
07-22-2016, 05:23 PM

Well , you need to get a couple of the Drum magazines .

tommyrp12
07-22-2016, 05:57 PM

From what I have been reading, and no one is 100% sure, but this may have the effect of banning all semi-auto weapons that share components similar to the AR15 such as a flash suppressor. I'm expecting thousands of people tomorrow. There is a special session for the state rep's tomorrow. So they will see how many people are serious about the 2A. It's going to be epic.

tommyrp12
07-23-2016, 04:58 PM

tommyrp12
07-24-2016, 02:43 PM
Alright I have it uploaded. I have to purchase the editing software to get rid of the watermark. I'll have to do that another day and upload it again. You can see it was a big turn out and it was peaceful. I had a blast walking around Boston afterward but I forgot my little camera so I have nothing to show about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wXK5zR5_pQ

osan
07-24-2016, 05:59 PM
Lessee... In my left hand, live in MA. In my right, die in a fire... Decisions, decisions.

tommyrp12
07-25-2016, 11:44 AM
If anyone lives in MA you may want to call or e-mail your rep's to support this bill.

Bill SD.2637 (https://malegislature.gov/Bills/189/Senate/SD2637)
189th (Current)

An Act clarifying firearms oversight

By Mr. Humason, a petition (accompanied by bill, Senate, No. ) (subject to Joint Rule 12) of Donald F. Humason, Jr., Anne M. Gobi, Viriato M. deMacedo, David F. DeCoste and other members of the General Court for legislation to clarify firearms oversight. Public Safety and Homeland Security.

Sponsors:
Donald F. Humason, Jr.

SECTION 1. Section 2 of Chapter 93A of the General Laws, as appearing in the 2008 Official Edition, is hereby amended by inserting, in line 11, after the word "chapter" the following words: provided that such rules and regulations shall not govern, limit, or otherwise relate to weapons as defined in Section 121 of Chapter 140, the manufacture of weapons or the sale of weapons. Further, that any such rule or regulations having previously being promulgated are hereby repealed.

Root
07-25-2016, 01:31 PM
COMMONWEALTH OF: ΜΑSSΑCHUSΕΤΤS
THE GENERAL COURT
STATE HOUSE, BCSTON O2133–1053

July 23, 2016

Attorney General Maura Healey
One Ashburton Place
Boston, MA 02108-1518

Dear Attorney General Healey:

We are writing to express our strong concerns about your decision to issue an Enforcement Notice relative to the sale and possession offirearms that are deemed to be “copies” or “duplicates” of guns banned under the state’s assault weapons law.

We are particularly concerned that your Enforcement Notice was issued unilaterally, with very little, if any, advance notice for licensed gun dealers and lawful gun owners to adequately prepare for this new interpretation of the 1998 assault weapons law.

For the last 18 years, the law has been implemented and enforced consistently, both by your office and your predecessors. Your new directive, which has been presented by your office as nothing more than a closing of “loopholes” in the current law, appears in fact to be much more than that: the enforcement of a whole new law that unfairly infringes on the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding gun owners in Massachusetts.

An e-mail sent by your office to the Legislature on July 21 — one day after the directive was issued – states that, “For many years, the gun industry has been marketing and selling what they describe as ‘Massachusetts compliant’ assault weapons, despite the fact that these guns are actually banned under existing state law.” If, in fact, these guns were actually banned under the 1998 law, then why has there been no prosecutorial action taken by your office or your two predecessors as Attorney General over the last two decades? What, exactly, has changed that led to your determination that these weapons were banned and being sold illegally all these years?

We believe your directive raises far more questions than it answers. On your website, for example, you acknowledge that there is not a list of weapons that are banned under state law, but suggest that your office “will work with gun dealers, as necessary, to help them identify the guns that meet one or both of the tests of a copy or duplicate.” Licensed dealers and gun owners are rightfully concerned about the ambiguity of the directive and the possibility that they could inadvertently violate its terms and thereby subject themselves to substantial penalties, including fines, imprisonment and license revocation.

Furthermore, in providing guidance on the application of the Enforcement Notice to licensed gun dealers and individual gun owners, you have indicated that your office “reserves the right to alter or amend this guidance.” Given the confusion surrounding the most recent changes you announced this week, one can only assume that any future amendments would cause similar uncertainty and confusion, particularly if the interpretation of the law can change on a moment’s notice without first being subject to an adequate vetting process.

We want to be clear that we are not opposed to revisiting the state’s gun laws periodically to ensure that they are up-to-date and being properly enforced. In fact, the original assault weapons ban has undergone a number of revisions since its initial passage, most recently in 2014. However, we believe strongly that any such review should be accompanied by a rigorous debate of the Legislature, with full public input, before any changes are made to ensure that lawful gun owners have a clear understanding of the law and how it will be enforced.

We must therefore object in the strongest possible terms to both the substance of your actions and the manner in which you arrived at and implemented your decision. We thank you in advance for your consideration of our concerns, and hope you will reconsider your position and rescind your July 20, 2016 Enforcement Notice.

If you would like to discuss this issue with us, we would be happy to arrange a time convenient to your schedule.

Sincerely,

Bruce Tarr Senate Minority Leader
Bradford R. Hill Richard J. Ross State Representative ~ State Senator
Donald F. Humason, Jr - Representative State Senator
Susan Williams Giffords State Representative
Todd M. Smola State Representative
Fossay ows State Repfesentative
Nicholas A. Boldyga State Representative
David F. DeCoste State Representative
Geoff Diehl – State Representative
Jo Shawn Dooley - State Representative
Patrick M. OCôñnor - State Senator
Kate D. Campanale I - State Representative
Peter Durant State Representative
Sheila C. Harrington State Representative
Randy Hunt State Represerstative
Jámes M. Kelcourse State Representati
Marc T. lombardo State Representative
Joséph D. McKenna State Representative
David K. Muradian, Jr. State Representative
Steven S. Howit State Representative
J. Kuro State Representative
Leonard Mirra State Representative
Keiko M. Orrall State Representative State Representative
David T. Vieira Timothy R. Whelan State Representative State Representative
Susannah M. Whirops Lee Donald H. Wong State Representative
Colleen M. Garry State Representative
Anne M. Gobi State Senator
Jámes Timilty State Senator
Thomas A. Golden, Jr. Thomas J. Calter State Representative State Representative
James Arciero State Representative
Paul McMurtry State Representative
Dave Nãngle State Representative
Michael o Moore State Senator
Stephen Kulik State Representative

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B31OP7322RQXeEIwMW44S1duZTBpMGkxczFSU2tTM nV6dXZ3

tommyrp12
07-26-2016, 11:44 AM
I found this video it details two other new bills redefining assault weapons to their previous definition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzpp_XywLaM&feature=youtu.be

Massachusetts Assault Weapon Ban: How YOU Can Help

MA State Senator Donald F. Humason, Jr
https://malegislature.gov/People/Prof...

Letter TO AG
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B31O...

Bill SD2637 (Human)
https://malegislature.gov/Bills/BillH...

MA State Representative Marc T. Lombardo
https://malegislature.gov/People/Prof...

GOAL (Gun Owner's Action League) 508-393-5333
http://www.goal.org
Twitter: https://twitter.com/GOALupdate
FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/GunOwnersAct...

Comm2a (Commonwealth Second Amendment) 617-942-0660
http://www.comm2a.org
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Comm2A
FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/comm2a/info/...

MA Governor Charlie Baker 617-725-4005
http://www.mass.gov/governor/constitu...
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CharlieBakerMA
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CharlieBaker...

Find YOUR Legislator
https://malegislature.gov/People/Search

SUBSCRIBE:
-- https://www.youtube.com/jyanis

LETS CONNECT!
-- Guns & Gadgets:
-- https://gundistrict.com/profile/GunsG...
-- https://www.facebook.com/GunsGadgets
-- https://www.instagram.com/guns_and_ga...
-- https://www.plus.google.com/+JaredYanis
-- https://www.facebook.com/GunsGadgets
-- https://twitter.com/jyanis
-- http://gunchannels.com/profile/GunsGa...

tommyrp12
07-29-2016, 08:38 AM
New letter signed by 81 reps. Most if not all of my reps signed which is good news since only one responded to my letter and I thought the issue was going to be ignored.

http://goal.org/Documents/AG%20Assault%20Weapons%20Letter%20FINAL.pdf

Anti-Neocon
07-29-2016, 12:53 PM
So-called "assault weapons" aren't even the best murder weapon. That would be handguns. This is just a moronic response to fear. Why have we abandoned all reason?

tommyrp12
07-31-2016, 11:46 AM
So-called "assault weapons" aren't even the best murder weapon. That would be handguns. This is just a moronic response to fear. Why have we abandoned all reason?

I don't know but having a discussion with liberals on another forum it seems worse because they are reasoning with all the wrong facts. They keep saying that people don't need military weapons or weapons of war. I have to explain that the military does not use AR-15's and that the military uses M-4's and M-16's making them not military. Then it's silence.

In other news a the last legislative session was yesterday and there was a bill that was written repealing the AG's power to regulate arms, of course it wasn't even brought up citing there wasn't enough time and will have to wait until the next legislative session. IMO the last two sections were not needed and I wouldn't have wanted it to pass anyway. Here is the text if anyone wants to read it. http://goal.org/Documents/healey-2016/An-Act-To-Protect-Due-Process.pdf

tommyrp12
08-04-2016, 02:00 PM
Smith & Wesson gives $500,000 to fight Massachusetts assault rifle ban (https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/04/smith-wesson-massachusetts-assault-rifles-ban-contribution)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/04/smith-wesson-massachusetts-assault-rifles-ban-contribution

Gun manufacturer Smith & Wesson has donated $500,000 to the US’s largest gun industry trade body to help its fight back against the Massachusetts attorney general’s ban on the sale of assault rifles to civilians.

Smith & Wesson, whose shares this week hit a record high on the back of increasing demand for its assault rifles and other guns, said it had donated the money to the National Shooting Sports Foundation’s (NSSF) battle against “arbitrary government action that threatens to turn lawful gun owners and dealers into criminals”.

The NSSF praised Smith & Wesson for its “unprecedented half-million dollar contribution”, which comes on top of donations from other assault rifle manufacturers

Sig Sauer, the German gun company that made the SIG MCX used by the Orlando killer, donated $100,000.

NSSF to Challenge Attorney General Healey’s ‘Enforcement Notice’ in Legal Action (http://www.nssfblog.com/nssf-to-challenge-attorney-general-healeys-enforcement-notice-in-legal-action/)

http://www.nssfblog.com/nssf-to-challenge-attorney-general-healeys-enforcement-notice-in-legal-action/

BOSTON, Mass. — The National Shooting Sports Foundation® (NSSF®), the trade association for the firearms and ammunition industry, today announced that it will pursue legal action to challenge the “Enforcement Notice” issued by Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey that would appear to ban sales of semiautomatic rifles in the commonwealth.

“With this ‘Enforcement Action,’ the Attorney General’s office has demonstrated how little it understands about firearms and has generated considerable uncertainty and confusion,” said Lawrence G. Keane, NSSF senior vice president and general counsel. “Attorney General Healey and/or her staff have overreached their authority and decided to legislate from her office without the benefit of any public process. Her actions totally disregard 18 years of Massachusetts firearm law, supported by all state regulatory agencies and understood by all concerned, in which firearm retailers have operated. The Attorney General has undermined the legislative and public process by unilaterally declaring products that were legal to be illegal. In doing so, she has endangered the livelihoods of family-owned businesses and made potential felons out of tens of thousands of law-abiding citizens.”

“This unlawful overstepping of power must be challenged,” Keane said. NSSF has retained Michael Sullivan of the Ashcroft Law Firm, who is a former United States Attorney for the District of Massachusetts and former acting director, U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and the Boston-based law firm of Kenney and Sams, P.C.

NSSF is preparing and will file its action soon but will not discuss detailed legal strategy, potential co-plaintiffs or other details at this time.

Chomp
08-04-2016, 02:40 PM
MA is another mentally Libtarded state as California, NYC, and some others.