PDA

View Full Version : Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson may get to debate Trump, Clinton

undergroundrr
07-19-2016, 10:36 AM
http://www.syracuse.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/07/libertarian_party_gary_johnson_debate_trump_clinto n.html

Also:

The Los Angeles Times reports "The Price is Right" host Drew Carey, a registered Republican who identifies as Libertarian, is hosting a fundraiser for Johnson this Saturday.

"Our goal is to help Gary reach the magic 15 percent number in national polls, which will place him on the big debate stage with Donald and Hillary," an invitation says. "And if that occurs, then all bets are off on who our next president will be!"

Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura endorsed Johnson for the White House last week in an op-ed for CNBC.

"I like everything Gary Johnson has said so far. He's fiscally conservative and socially liberal something neither Democrats nor Republicans can offer. He also has a solid plan for bringing our troops home and restoring our economy. And, like me, he's a firm believer that marijuana should be legal," Ventura wrote.

I somehow had missed the fact that Ventura had endorsed.

adissa
07-19-2016, 10:42 AM
What would be the point? He has zero chance of winning even one state.

07-19-2016, 10:53 AM

It's a step toward a viable third party.

He's almost surely not going to win. But if he got to 15% and was in the debates, things could happen quickly. The major party candidates are the most disliked in a generation.

LatinsforPaul
07-19-2016, 11:24 AM

The point is that he is NOT Trump and he is NOT Hillary. Get the point. ;)

adissa
07-19-2016, 11:30 AM
Trump is better on some issues. Hillary sucks.

LibertyEagle
07-19-2016, 11:50 AM
It's a step toward a viable third party.

Oh, and won't that be a huge win. lol

Libertarian Party: “Jeb and Mitt, we welcome your vote and admire your courage!”

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?498110-Libertarian-Party-%93Jeb-and-Mitt-we-welcome-your-vote-and-admire-your-courage!%94&p=6263855&viewfull=1#post6263855

LibertyEagle
07-19-2016, 11:51 AM

And pro-Trans Pacific Partnership. Oh joy. :rolleyes:

CaptUSA
07-19-2016, 11:55 AM

Just like Trump's VP selection. (you know... his first actual act other than words)

LibertyEagle
07-19-2016, 11:59 AM
Just like Trump's VP selection. (you know... his first actual act other than words)

Seriously? You are comparing a VP selection to a presidential candidate saying he plans to vote for a traitorous piece of legislation? Wow. :eek:

And by the way, dude, do you really want to compare VP candidates, with Johnson's sad choice/ err controller, Bill Weld? Both suck.

CaptUSA
07-19-2016, 12:01 PM
Seriously? You are comparing a VP selection to a presidential candidate saying he plans to vote for a traitorous piece of legislation? Wow.

And by the way, dude, do you really want to compare VP candidates, with Johnson's sad choice/ err controller, Bill Weld? Both suck.

Yeah, I'm not defending Weld. But despite all of Trump's protectionist rhetoric that you seem to like, his first official act (not words) was to select someone who has always been 100% involved and happy about multi-lateral trade deals.

But yeah... Keep believing his promises to you - even after he goes 180 degrees against them. Johnson will be right at home on that stage.

LibertyEagle
07-19-2016, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I'm not defending Weld. But despite all of Trump's protectionist rhetoric that you seem to like, his first official act (not words) was to select someone who has always been 100% involved and happy about multi-lateral trade deals.

But yeah... Keep believing his promises to you - even after he goes 180 degrees against them. Johnson will be right at home on that stage.

As I have said many times. There is no perfect candidate. But, I refuse to vote for a traitor. You do what you want.

CaptUSA
07-19-2016, 12:13 PM
As I have said many times. There is no perfect candidate. But, I refuse to vote for a traitor. You do what you want.

Lol - so you judge a "traitor" based on what they say - not what they do. Got it. Can't wait to see those judges!!

I hope that we can at least agree that more candidates in the debate is a good thing??

William Tell
07-19-2016, 12:18 PM
Glad to hear you won't be voting for Pence.

SilentBull
07-19-2016, 01:55 PM
LOL, Ventura endorsed Johnson, after saying all he said about Trump and Sanders? That guys has lost it.

SilentBull
07-19-2016, 01:55 PM
At this point I would be afraid to have Gary make a fool of libertarians up on that stage.

07-19-2016, 02:59 PM

Must you post this in EVERY thread? You are like a broken record.

Oh, and won't that be a huge win. lol

It's a start.

phill4paul
07-19-2016, 03:19 PM
I wish Drew Carrie had run for the Libertarian party presidential primary. :p

devil21
07-19-2016, 05:47 PM
Perhaps one should review history and see how Bill 'won' his first term. Does Perot ring a bell?

Can't believe people still hold out hope that this whole shebang isn't a big scripted show for the masses.

LibertyEagle
07-19-2016, 06:03 PM
Must you post this in EVERY thread? You are like a broken record.
Of course. When you stop claiming he is somehow better, I will stop. Or, when he changes his stance on the TPP. I trust you will let me know.

It's a start.
A start of what? A 2nd Republican Party? The LP has gushed all over Jeb and Mitt and welcomed Weld. Looks to me like a sell out in record time.

07-19-2016, 06:25 PM
Of course. When you stop claiming he is somehow better, I will stop. Or, when he changes his stance on the TPP. I trust you will let me know.

A start of what? A 2nd Republican Party? The LP has gushed all over Jeb and Mitt and welcomed Weld. Looks to me like a sell out in record time.

Seriously, no more TPP. People are sick of you injecting your pet issue into every single thread.

If the LP ends up a GOP lite without all the hate and idiots, I could live with that.

r3volution 3.0
07-19-2016, 08:26 PM
Perhaps one should review history and see how Bill 'won' his first term. Does Perot ring a bell?

Can't believe people still hold out hope that this whole shebang isn't a big scripted show for the masses.

Johnson isn't the ringer for Hillary, Trump is.

RandallFan
07-19-2016, 08:34 PM
I hope he debates Trump wearing bike pants & calling the American worker/vote out for the lowlife scum that they are.

devil21
07-19-2016, 10:12 PM
Johnson isn't the ringer for Hillary, Trump is.

Doesn't really matter. Same playbook being run again, presumably to the same end result. Worked for Bill...

RJ Liberty
07-19-2016, 10:13 PM
http://www.syracuse.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/07/libertarian_party_gary_johnson_debate_trump_clinto n.html

The numbers are looking very strong: the strongest third party numbers in 24 years. And Gary just launched his first moneybomb (https://comet-johnsonweld2016.nationbuilder.com/), called the Money Comet. They've already raised $66,000, which is not a bad start. (Their original goal was just $25,000, but they surpassed that in a few hours).

r3volution 3.0
07-19-2016, 10:23 PM
Doesn't really matter. Same playbook being run again, presumably to the same end result. Worked for Bill...

Sure, same result in the end.

...maybe even if Trump wins.

The Times cites a recent interview with the presumptive GOP nominee in which a scenario was posed to him about declining the presidency right after defeating Hillary Clinton. Trump, the report says, "flashed a mischievous smile," then says, "I’ll let you know how I feel about it after it happens."
The story goes on to say that this could've been simply another of the real estate mogul's bids to gain media attention, though notes that the idea that Trump's competitive desire to win the highest office in the land might surpass his interest in actually serving in it wouldn't exactly be wildly inconsistent with how some might look at this most unusual of campaigns.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/07/07/donald-trump-electoral-college/86807474/

Setting aside the power and the prestige, the day-to-day job doesn’t sound like one Donald Trump would actually want. And, according to his top campaign strategist, he doesn’t. Here’s Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort in a recent Huffington Post interview (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-paul-manafort-general-election_us_574619eee4b0dacf7ad3e201?vqp8pvi=) talking about the importance of his boss’ selection of a running mate. Pay particular attention to the bit where Manafort talks about “the part of the job” of being president that his boss has no interest in actually doing: "The vice presidential pick will also be part of the process of proving he’s ready for the White House, Manafort said. “He needs an experienced person to do the part of the job he doesn’t want to do. He seems himself more as the chairman of the board, than even the CEO, let alone the COO.”

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/05/26/trump_adviser_says_trump_s_vp_will_handle_the_day_ to_day_job.html

devil21
07-19-2016, 10:31 PM
^^^^^^^
That second article is probably why Gingrich publicly stated on Faux News that Trump had never taken the oaths and rites of the NWO/Freemason complex. He will be a pure figurehead while his VP and his circle of great, smart people (believe me, believe me) carry on the agenda. Then, like most Obama voters after the fact, Trump's supporters will wonder what happened to all those promises?

RandallFan
07-19-2016, 10:35 PM
Gary Johhnson willing to throw open the border to get a seat at the big boy's table.

r3volution 3.0
07-19-2016, 10:41 PM
Gary Johhnson willing to throw open the border to get a seat at the big boy's table.

Do you like Trump's plan to deport all illegals (at the cost of several hundred billion dollars), and then readmit almost all of them?

If so, would you like to buy a timeshare?

...special discount for Trump supporters.

RandallFan
07-19-2016, 10:48 PM
I love the plan. By the time he deports 1 million fraudsters & 100,000 gangmembers it will probably be mission complete. The burgers are still being flipped, the grass will still be green. At that point people will realise they really weren't the best and brightest and they don't mystical free market powers.

r3volution 3.0
07-19-2016, 10:49 PM
I love the plan. By the time he deports 1 million fraudsters & 100,000 gangmembers it will probably be mission complete. The burgers are still being flipped, the grass will still be green. At that point people will realise they really weren't the best and brightest and they don't mystical free market powers.

So how many timeshares would you like??

Tell you what, I can do two for the price of three.

LibertyEagle
07-19-2016, 11:31 PM
Glad to hear you won't be voting for Pence.

Uh, last time I knew, the VP will not be on the ballot as a separate vote. ;)

LibertyEagle
07-19-2016, 11:38 PM
Do you like Trump's plan to deport all illegals (at the cost of several hundred billion dollars), and then readmit almost all of them?
Ah, I see your quandry.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2622seb.png
-------------------------

If so, would you like to buy a timeshare?

...special discount for Trump supporters.

Important to keep in mind...

http://i66.tinypic.com/15quus0.png

RandallFan
07-19-2016, 11:53 PM
A timeshare with Rand Paul, Chuck Todd & Ted Nugent as he plays the media & co-opts them like a fiddle.

bunklocoempire
07-20-2016, 12:26 PM
^^^^^^^
That second article is probably why Gingrich publicly stated on Faux News that Trump had never taken the oaths and rites of the NWO/Freemason complex. He will be a pure figurehead while his VP and his circle of great, smart people (believe me, believe me) carry on the agenda. Then, like most Obama voters after the fact, Trump's supporters will wonder what happened to all those promises?

My favorite part is when each new prez comes out of the first security briefing, and suddenly comes to the realization that war is a great idea and we should all be scared and keep building the mega-death star-empire. Oh my, how surprising.

http://i.imgur.com/lcQrZcL.jpg?1

Johnson in a debate might not clear anything up, but it should happen on the off-chance good ideas are mentioned.

GOOD ideas. Not bake the cake with a gun in your rib ideas.

r3volution 3.0
07-20-2016, 01:31 PM
Ah, I see your quandry.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2622seb.png
-------------------------

If your point is that I'm not a nationalist such as yourself, that would be correct.

I don't advocate the use of violence against innocent people on the basis of their country of birth.

Important to keep in mind...

http://i66.tinypic.com/15quus0.png

Yes, if I had to vote for either Trump or Hillary, I'd choose the latter.

They're identical on most important issues, but Trump is actually worse on a few (trade, immigration, civil liberties), and is mentally unbalanced.

Fortunately, I don't have to vote for either of them, and so I won't. I'll be voting LP.

jkob
07-20-2016, 01:37 PM
so Jeb Bush might endorse Gary

Liberty!