PDA

View Full Version : Police officer hospitalized after glass found in sandwich

Cissy
07-19-2016, 09:30 AM
http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/dont-miss/176377855-story

FOX 32 CHICAGO) - A Columbus, Ohio police officer was hospitalized after cutting his mouth on a sandwich that contained several shards of glass while eating at a restaurant Monday, multiple outlets are reporting.

The cop was held overnight at Grant Medical Center and is expected to be OK, according to FOX 28 Columbus.

tod evans
07-19-2016, 09:58 AM
Awwwwwwww.

dannno
07-19-2016, 10:03 AM
Nickel ride?

http://www.manchesterredemption.com/pdf/reminder.jpg

Brian4Liberty
07-19-2016, 11:17 AM
Now, there are these crazy guys that chew up light bulbs and swallow them. What happens to that glass?

jllundqu
07-19-2016, 11:21 AM
THat's messed up. Hope they jack the restaurant that did that.

luctor-et-emergo
07-19-2016, 11:24 AM
Now, there are these crazy guys that chew up light bulbs and swallow them. What happens to that glass?

Generally speaking glass appears to be less dangerous for your intestines than you'd expect on face value. It's still not a smart idea to eat glass but I invite you to google it for yourself.

goldenequity
07-19-2016, 11:24 AM
The Lincoln Cafe

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20188_10200421451764769_536213901_n.jpg?oh=8996641 1c372c2f8496600d5dbc47993&oe=582E13CB

Their Facebook page is starting to load up...

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13769428_10153627036641363_3411561746358417595_n.j pg?oh=5df3f93d3f962cfe9959edbb50c0dd3f&oe=57EF7466

https://www.facebook.com/zanzibarbrewscoffeehouse

131 one star reviews on Facebook right now
The reviews that count are the Yelps and Tripadvisors.

It's been shut down (immediately).
It's a felony; food tampering.

LibertyEagle
07-19-2016, 11:55 AM
He should sue the ever lovin' hell out of the restaurant.

kahless
07-19-2016, 12:04 PM
If this was not an accident little do they realize the ramifications go far beyond what they did to the police officer. White people will start to think twice about eating in establishments with black employees out of fear. Restaurant owners may fear hiring blacks out of fear they could put their business at risk.

wizardwatson
07-19-2016, 12:10 PM
Maybe they just cooked the sandwich at too high a temperature and the sand part turned into glass. Let's not jump to conclusions.

asurfaholic
07-19-2016, 06:50 PM
It's getting out of control. I'm afraid that times are now spiraling into chaos at a rapid rate. I don't like cops any more than the next guy but recent actions against them are turning my stomach. I don't actually believe that police are the real actual problem. They are a symptom of the problem, but are largely our brothers.

With the presidential election coming up, I think that it is only a matter of time before there is a major terrorist attack here.

LibForestPaul
07-19-2016, 06:58 PM
It's getting out of control. I'm afraid that times are now spiraling into chaos at a rapid rate. I don't like cops any more than the next guy but recent actions against them are turning my stomach. I don't actually believe that police are the real actual problem. They are a symptom of the problem, but are largely our brothers.

With the presidential election coming up, I think that it is only a matter of time before there is a major terrorist attack here.

The police choose their profession. No one forced them to accept the badge. No one forced them to stay after they witnessed a couple of nickel rides. Concerns me not, except the divide is between black and stupid whites...should be between blue and not blue.

pcosmar
07-19-2016, 07:11 PM
He should sue the ever lovin' hell out of the restaurant.

If it came from there and not from their vendor. or if it came from somewhere else.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-inflicted_wound

A self-inflicted wound (SIW), is the act of harming oneself where there are no underlying psychological problems related to the self-injury, but where the injurer wanted to take advantage of being injured.

It should be investigated.

Maybe he just wanted out without getting shot.

bunklocoempire
07-19-2016, 07:38 PM
Government afraid of you. It works.

It isn't pretty or fool proof, but it works on the ones with brains and some sort of conscience left to work with.

Our ex-officer son, lethally equipped, and backed by the whole police force and his union, got afraid of the public, when he realized glass in his sandwiches was a real possibility for the way he was being encouraged to act.

Our son never did see glass in a sandwich, or any threat from the public -he simply felt it.
And he didn't go unloading his cop-gun into the public for fear of his life, or beg for more public help, or be a drama queen for the cause, he simply quit.

His classmates ignored their feelings and consciences, and assimilated. Potential glass sandwiches, heading their way.:(

specsaregood
07-19-2016, 07:40 PM
I don't actually believe that police are the real actual problem. They are a symptom of the problem, but are largely our brothers.

I used to agree with you until I repeatedly saw how they covered up for each other and refused to kick the bad apples out. I'm left to believe that they are all bad apples.

Slave Mentality
07-19-2016, 07:55 PM
Government afraid of you. It works.

It isn't pretty or fool proof, but it works on the ones with brains and some sort of conscience left to work with.

Our ex-officer son, lethally equipped, and backed by the whole police force and his union, got afraid of the public, when he realized glass in his sandwiches was a real possibility for the way he was being encouraged to act.

Our son never did see glass in a sandwich, or any threat from the public -he simply felt it.
And he didn't go unloading his cop-gun into the public for fear of his life, or beg for more public help, or be a drama queen for the cause, he simply quit.

His classmates ignored their feelings and consciences, and assimilated. Potential glass sandwiches, heading their way.:(

Glad to hear your misguided son finally saw the light. There SHOULD be fear of retribution in a system that glorifies and protects the wrong doing of others. I hope others follow his lead.

bunklocoempire
07-19-2016, 08:11 PM
Glad to hear your misguided son finally saw the light. There SHOULD be fear of retribution in a system that glorifies and protects the wrong doing of others. I hope others follow his lead.

Thank you for your concern. Yes, we were so relieved too, and more and more thankful with every "cop story" that we hear. There will be more.

Our son is in contact with some members of his graduating police class, so we're hopeful he'll have a positive influence down the line if others start getting a clue to what they are actually perpetuating against their community. We know some of the families of the officers as well, and we're not afraid to ask questions and get the conversations going if or when we see them.

RandallFan
07-19-2016, 08:26 PM
The Glass baker just stole money from the owner of the business. Hopefully he gets swat teamed with glass in his hand next time. Maybe the owner will have to investigate and set a trap.

I hope its not another case of a horrible employee being treated differently like Omar Thornton or Omar Mateen had the demographics of the employee been different.