PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: Trump's not going to listen to Congress or anybody

CPUd
07-18-2016, 05:42 PM
Former Representative Ron Paul (R-Texas) discusses the anti-Trump movement's antics at the RNC and his politic stance in this election.

video at link: http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000535426

CPUd
07-18-2016, 05:44 PM
Ron says Trump took over, and the party rank-and-file are shut out
Dude tries to say if he doesn't support Trump, he supports Hillary
Ron says LOL no they are both equally bad

CPUd
07-18-2016, 05:46 PM
Ron Paul now trending on twitter

twomp
07-18-2016, 05:46 PM
His supporters don't care. As long as he builds the biggest police state this country has ever known in order to go door to door and get those illegals out. That's all that matters. That police state will ensure that America is great again.

RandallFan
07-18-2016, 06:01 PM
Good. He shouldn't listen to the experts in Congress about foreign policy, or getting along with beltway press scum & other issues.

These aren't "the grassroots". These are 20 or 30 pro-Cruz trolls trying to disrupt Trump.

With their taunting, boasts, potential and other acts they deserve to be shut down and stopped from gaining an inch on robbing Trump.

CPUd
07-18-2016, 06:20 PM
Good. He shouldn't listen to the experts in Congress about foreign policy, or getting along with beltway press scum & other issues.

These aren't "the grassroots". These are 20 or 30 pro-Cruz trolls trying to disrupt Trump.

With their taunting, boasts, potential and other acts they deserve to be shut down and stopped from gaining an inch on robbing Trump.

No, Trump and the party elites pissed off the whole grassroots by keeping the rule changes made in 2012 and making them even worse by giving more power to the national party. Then Trump went on twitter and bragged about crushing them. Today they had whips on the floor under orders from Trump and the RNC to physically threaten the grassroots activists who had signed the petitions to call for a floor vote on the rules package. All they had to do was let it happen, the rules would have passed anyway, but the grassroots would have had their say in it. This cost Mitt the election in 2012, and it will be even worse for Trump.

RJB
07-18-2016, 06:23 PM
He'll listen to the owners of the FED. That's what his predecessor have done.

nikcers
07-18-2016, 06:23 PM
I didn't mischaracterize anything. Ron Paul says all the time, if you are going to go to war then DECLARE IT constitutionally. The fact that Donald Trump is promising to DECLARE WAR is a huge step in the right direction.

Even if it is a bad war to declare, and we shouldn't go to war, it is still far better to declare it then to just go fight it without declaring it. I'm pretty sure we all understand why that is and I don't have to explain it to anybody here.

Can you provide evidence that Trump wants to declare war on ISIS without congress declaring it?

I seriously just watched this / noticed this thread. I think its kinda funny that in the other thread I said that the difference between Rand Paul and Trump were like the difference between black and blue, and the news anchor said that Hillary and Ron Paul were like black and white.

07-18-2016, 06:35 PM
Irrelevent, Trump will never be potus.

Chester Copperpot
07-18-2016, 06:44 PM
ah finally a relevant post and video with Ron Paul....

kahless
07-18-2016, 06:46 PM
I agree with danno's quote posted above. I love Ron but there are limits to Presidency powers which Ron has said as much in the past. The Pauls now being outsiders are doing what they have to do to stay relevant as the go to for the anti-Trump crowd and libertarians. He will say things like this to rally the troops, fund raise, etc.

William Tell
07-18-2016, 06:47 PM

Some of y'all have turned into the people our delegates were fighting against at the 2012 RNC.

CPUd
07-18-2016, 06:49 PM
I agree with danno's quote posted above. I love Ron but there are limits to Presidency powers which Ron has said as much in the past. The Pauls now being outsiders are doing what they have to do to stay relevant as the go to for the anti-Trump crowd and libertarians. He will say things like this to rally the troops, fund raise, etc.

LOL yeah because it certainly isn't because Ron refuses to support an authoritarian. He's just trying to fundraise.

RandallFan
07-18-2016, 06:55 PM

Alex Jones has cornered the market. Anyone else wants to float in those circles needs to be tolerant enough to be invited by RT USA & Young Turks.

Trump sells bogus steaks, has Ron vetted the storable food people he promotess on Alex Jones GCN.

Aratus
07-18-2016, 07:25 PM
if both sides are going at it as we speak in a manner worse than Nelson Rockefeller's and Barry Goldwater's supporters did at COW PALACE in 1964, by this fall the number of votes for the Libertarian Party ticket may triple what it usually has been! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUgmZ3GI4D0 The Constitution Party might pick up five times its normal amount! SERIOUSLY, i think they both are horridly/feverishly being and behaving worse than what happened/transpired in 2012!!!! This is up there with the Parliament of the Bats! http://www.historyofparliamentonline.org/volume/1422-1504/parliament/1426

Aratus
07-18-2016, 07:28 PM
:eek: :cool: :D http://bipartisanreport.com/2016/07/07/breaking-wall-st-journal-leaks-republican-plan-to-stage-coup-of-donald-trump-at-convention/

Ronin Truth
07-19-2016, 06:48 AM
Why would he listen, CONgresscritters are blithering idiots too. :p

And they have the very loooong time disapproval ratings, of the people (voters), to prove it. :rolleyes: