PDA

View Full Version : Libertarian Party: “Jeb and Mitt, we welcome your vote and admire your courage!”

William Tell
07-17-2016, 11:22 AM
http://i1.wp.com/amthirdpartyreport.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/lpban.jpg?resize=241%2C241&ssl=1

Press release from the Libertarian Party:

(http://www.lp.org/news/press-releases/jeb-and-mitt-we-welcome-your-vote-and-admire-your-courage)

For Immediate Release

Saturday, July 16, 2016

CNN reports that Gov. Jeb Bush and Gov. Mitt Romney are considering voting for Gov. Gary Johnson, Libertarian candidate for President.

Chairman of the Libertarian National Committee, Nicholas Sarwark, says, “The Libertarian Party is delighted that Govs. Bush and Romney are considering voting for our candidates, Govs. Johnson and Weld. I think they know that Johnson and Weld are far more qualified to be President and Vice President than Trump and Pence.”

“It takes great courage for someone who has spent so many years serving the Republican Party to consider voting for a different party’s candidate for president. We applaud Govs. Bush and Romney’s courage. They don’t have to agree with us on every issue to see that our Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates are clearly the best choices in this race.”

“Govs. Johnson and Weld are exceptionally well qualified and also exceptional human beings. If Americans want candidates they can be proud to vote for, and who would serve honorably and justly, they should support Govs. Johnson and Weld.”

The Libertarian Party is the only political party in America devoted to protecting all rights, of all human beings, all the time.

(Via American Third Party Report (https://amthirdpartyreport.com/2016/07/16/libertarian-party-jeb-and-mitt-we-welcome-your-vote-and-admire-your-courage/))

http://independentpoliticalreport.com/2016/07/libertarian-party-jeb-and-mitt-we-welcome-your-vote-and-admire-your-courage/

Ronin Truth
07-17-2016, 11:31 AM
Well. there's two LP 'suck up' pander votes ........... maybe.

LMAO!

phill4paul
07-17-2016, 11:49 AM
Make Humans Exceptional Again!

LibertyEagle
07-17-2016, 11:55 AM
“Jeb and Mitt, we welcome your vote and admire your courage!”
lolol. Do you Libertarians not find this a little embarrassing?

phill4paul
07-17-2016, 12:00 PM

What is not embarrassing in politics anymore? In a nation of 320 million these are the best choices we have. :mad: Bring back Ron Paul damnit!

RJ Liberty
07-17-2016, 12:06 PM

Not at all. If the LP is going to grow, it has to lure people in from other parties. That's just a fact. I like the fact that they're very public about the fact that they are trying to bring people into the party. And it's already working. Politicians like Laura Ebke, John Moore, Joel Davis, Danny Jones... people are fleeing the Trump-led GOP in historic numbers.

07-17-2016, 02:14 PM

I don't think it's embarrassing at all. Bush and Romney are at least respectable, if they get the word out for Johnson, why not. Trump is embarrassing.

I'm not registered LP, yet. But it's about to become a party with automatic ballot access in Maine, so I might then.

presence
07-17-2016, 02:29 PM
Jeb will be in violation of his data exchange contract with the RNC by not supporting the nominee.

Occam's Banana
07-17-2016, 03:36 PM
The Libertarian Party is the only political party in America devoted to protecting all rights, of all human beings, all the time.

Yeah. Right. Unless you, like, bake cakes, or something ...

I certainly would if I were a Libertarian. Fortunately, I am a libertarian and not a Libertarian ...

William Tell
07-17-2016, 04:04 PM
I certainly would if I were a Libertarian. Fortunately, I am a libertarian and not a Libertarian ...

Dang, and here I thought you was a banana.:confused:

Occam's Banana
07-17-2016, 04:16 PM

There are many forms of libertarianism - Objectivism, minarchism, banana, voluntaryism, agorism, banana, anarcho-capitalism, banana, etc., etc. ... ;)

farreri
07-17-2016, 10:54 PM
No, why should it?

What party are you voting for?

NewRightLibertarian
07-17-2016, 11:07 PM
After this election cycle ends, some serious house-cleaning needs to be done in the libertarian movement. This is not acceptable.

fr33
07-17-2016, 11:09 PM

It's very embarrassing.

CPUd
07-17-2016, 11:12 PM

He's a big 'B' Banana, or BINO.

Icymudpuppy
07-18-2016, 12:11 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/banana_despicable_me.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/banana_despicable_me.gif

LibertyEagle
07-18-2016, 01:32 AM
I don't think it's embarrassing at all. Bush and Romney are at least respectable, if they get the word out for Johnson, why not. Trump is embarrassing.

Respectable??? I've heard it all now. Hey, and they both have nice hair too, right?

Natural Citizen
07-18-2016, 01:33 AM
Respectable??? I've heard it all now. Hey, and they both have nice hair too, right?

Heh. You and me both. Sigh....

LibertyEagle
07-18-2016, 01:33 AM
No, why should it?

What party are you voting for?

Party? Since when was a political party elected to an office?

Natural Citizen
07-18-2016, 02:23 AM

The mere fact that our friend's question was even asked in a serious manner lends credence to the legitimacy of the major malfunction with which the electorate (the people) are faced, though, doesn't it?

As far as Jeb and Mitt go, dividers and conquerors gonna divide and conquer. That's the name of the game. Of course, the game itself is not relegated to their particular presence on its field of play. :cool:

cindy25
07-18-2016, 02:59 AM
Not at all. If the LP is going to grow, it has to lure people in from other parties. That's just a fact. I like the fact that they're very public about the fact that they are trying to bring people into the party. And it's already working. Politicians like Laura Ebke, John Moore, Joel Davis, Danny Jones... people are fleeing the Trump-led GOP in historic numbers.

politics is addition but welcoming Jeb is like welcoming the KKK or Black lives matter, too much cost (of votes) involved

LatinsforPaul
07-18-2016, 06:45 AM

The fact is Trump is much more "embarrassing" than Hillary, Mitt, or even Bush. That says so much about the people supporting Trump. ;)

cajuncocoa
07-18-2016, 06:54 AM
//

CaptUSA
07-18-2016, 06:57 AM

Of course this is embarrassing. I'm not even a LP member and I'm embarrassed for them. But that pales in comparison to how embarrassed I am for the GOP and their nominee.

I suppose it does take a little courage to break with your own party so publicly, and I suppose the LP did their best in that statement to distance themselves from Romney's and Bush's ideology, but to be so gleeful that these are the types of people you are happy about attracting???

specsaregood
07-18-2016, 07:33 AM

Outside the US it isn't unheard of. Some CFR members proposed exactly such a thing back on our bicentennial when they put together recommendations for changing the US constitution.

AS to the topic, the LP, the new party of Jeb and Mitt, lol yeah that sounds just about right.

RJ Liberty
07-18-2016, 08:52 AM
politics is addition but welcoming Jeb is like welcoming the KKK or Black lives matter, too much cost (of votes) involved

I'm no fan of Mittens or JEB!, but the fact that many politicians, people like John Moore, Joel Davis, Laura Ebke, and Danny Jones, are leaving the GOP in droves, says a lot about how bad Mr Trump has been for the party.

The two-party system may be over after this election. Gary just scored his fourth 13% (http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2016/images/07/17/rel8a.-.2016.pdf) in a national poll, and his numbers are increasing.

Cleaner44
07-18-2016, 09:02 AM

I'm not registered LP, yet. But it's about to become a party with automatic ballot access in Maine, so I might then.

No, Ron Paul is respectable. Justin Amash and Thomas Massie are respectable. Bush and Romney are corrupt.

CaptUSA
07-18-2016, 09:08 AM
The two-party system may be over after this election. Gary just scored his fourth 13% (http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2016/images/07/17/rel8a.-.2016.pdf) in a national poll, and his numbers are increasing.

He should be demanding 13% of the media attention. If his media matched his poll numbers, his numbers would dramatically rise.

Ah, but they won't do that. They want you to vote for one of their chosens.

Brian4Liberty
07-18-2016, 09:11 AM
Outside the US it isn't unheard of. Some CFR members proposed exactly such a thing back on our bicentennial when they put together recommendations for changing the US constitution.

AS to the topic, the LP, the new party of Jeb and Mitt, lol yeah that sounds just about right.

Perhaps Jeb or Mitt will switch to the LP and become the LP nominee in 4 years. More likely Jeb, as he had no problem changing his religion in the past.

CaptUSA
07-18-2016, 09:15 AM
Perhaps Jeb or Mitt will switch to the LP and become the LP nominee in 4 years. More likely Jeb, as he had no problem changing his religion in the past.

Lol.... I'm sure the LP would have no problem nominated him, either. They've certainly shown that they want attention more than principle with their past selections.

cajuncocoa
07-18-2016, 09:22 AM
//

cajuncocoa
07-18-2016, 02:02 PM
//

AuH20
07-18-2016, 03:20 PM
Why don't they invite Prince Bandar while they're at it?

Cleaner44
07-18-2016, 05:21 PM
Question for everyone in this thread: what was your reaction when Rand endorsed Mitt 4 years ago? Be honest...your post history is easy to find.

Endorsing someone is much different from asking for their vote. If Mitt had asked Rand for his vote, I would have shrugged.

(And if Rand had the courage to break from his party and vote for someone with better principles in 2012, I would have been OK with them thanking him for his courage, too.)

I was disappointed but figured it was Rand's approach to be more pragmatic than Ron... I guess. I thought he saw how Ron's approach alienated him from the party and he was aiming to take a different path. Unfortunately it failed to help him in this primary. Seems like he zigged when he should have zagged... if this even was a strategy.

CPUd
07-18-2016, 06:02 PM
Question for everyone in this thread: what was your reaction when Rand endorsed Mitt 4 years ago? Be honest...your post history is easy to find.

Endorsing someone is much different from asking for their vote. If Mitt had asked Rand for his vote, I would have shrugged.

(And if Rand had the courage to break from his party and vote for someone with better principles in 2012, I would have been OK with them thanking him for his courage, too.)

I didn't like the timing of it, and wished he would have waited a few more days or even a week before doing it. This was right around the time the campaign was being a wet blanket to the grassroots while Ron gave an awesome speech at the TX GOP convention after Rick Perry was stumping for Dewhurst.

cajuncocoa
07-18-2016, 06:06 PM
//

Natural Citizen
07-18-2016, 06:28 PM

I don't think I mentioned a word about it. I'm pretty sure I just chalked it up to what it was. I think the only thing I popped my mouth off about was his support for Russian Sanctions and when I thought he was going to support the TPP.

cajuncocoa
07-18-2016, 06:33 PM
//